Author Topic: tricep exercises to use to avoid tendinitis/bursitis?  (Read 1628 times)

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
tricep exercises to use to avoid tendinitis/bursitis?
« on: October 10, 2009, 06:28:02 PM »
think  and pretty sure that i got my mild tendonitis and bursisitis from doing heavy skull crushers, so what other exercises can i use to work all the heads of the triceps? kind of worried about doing any overhead tricep exercises, including the one arm dumbbell extensions which are kind of similar to skull crushers, right?

besides doing endless sets of tricep pushdowns which of course will get tired of quickly as well as ceasing to stimulate the triceps anymore after awhile  what else can i do? tricep push ups on a bench? tricep pushups using the "diamond" shape position of my hands?

thanks in advance for the advice!!

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Re: tricep exercises to use to avoid tendinitis/bursitis?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 08:53:27 PM »
I asked a similar question a while ago and the general answer was close grip press and rope pressdowns and dips but I really like to do diamond pushups and usually work them in someway or another.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 09:07:54 AM »
Altrough I would avoid the seated dumbell extentions & dumbell kickbacks in your case, I think it's much more a matter of good form. Try to keep the tention on your tri's by not extending your arm completely and slow/moderate movements.

bigjoered

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 12:11:59 PM »
I get pain in my elbows downing skull crushers too so I only hit them once in a awhile but I get the same tricep pump doing close grip benchpress and then supersetting either kickbacks or weighted dips.  Most guys I know have pain after doing skull crushers regardless of their grip especially when going heavy.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 12:39:00 PM »
I get pain in my elbows downing skull crushers too so I only hit them once in a awhile but I get the same tricep pump doing close grip benchpress and then supersetting either kickbacks or weighted dips.  Most guys I know have pain after doing skull crushers regardless of their grip especially when going heavy.

Too much weight > bad form > joint problems (sooner or later)

It's that simple