Author Topic: MOST OVERRATED ATHLETE IN THE HISTORY OF WORLD SPORTS  (Read 14351 times)

spinnis

Re: MOST OVERRATED ATHLETE IN THE HISTORY OF WORLD SPORTS
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2009, 01:45:03 PM »
So noone in america is playing basketball against a net screwed on a wall at the side of their house BF?

I rest my case

Exactly.

BezerkFart is my retarded stalker though.

just watch his response haha.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2009, 01:45:26 PM »
So noone in america is playing basketball against a net screwed on a wall at the side of their house BF?

I rest my case

Basketball has crossed over to the world.Soccer not so here.

.....And what sporting event year after year is the most watched on t.v.....I rest my case ;)

allnatural

• Getbig II

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2009, 01:48:33 PM »
People draw nets or goals on walls.

As kids all teh kids in my area played using peoples gates of their houses as goals. Same rules apply just we use a ball and a make shift pitch. The street. Waste ground. Car parks etc.

Maybe push some trash cans apart they are the posts. I dont understand why you cant see this. If a throw a rolled up ball of paper in teh rubbish bin am i playing basketball  ???

I agree you are correct on superbowl - But noone watches it for teh sport. More for teh spectacle and sensationalism and the grusome wonderfullness that america does so well. They make things crude but endearing. Noone has a clue about the rules of american football they watch for half time show etc.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2009, 01:51:15 PM »
People draw nets or goals on walls.

As kids all teh kids in my area played using peoples gates of their houses as goals. Same rules apply just we use a ball and a make shift pitch. The street. Waste ground. Car parks etc.

Maybe push some trash cans apart they are the posts. I dont understand why you cant see this. If a throw a rolled up ball of paper in teh rubbish bin am i playing basketball  ???

I agree you are correct on superbowl - But noone watches it for teh sport. More for teh spectacle and sensationalism and the grusome wonderfullness that america does so well. They make things crude but endearing. Noone has a clue about the rules of american football they watch for half time show etc.

Thank you for proving my point. The fact that you can separate two rocks on the ground and kick any object that can be construed as spherical between them and call it soccer would explain why it's so popular. What I fail to see is how that makes it a good sport? Because poor people can play it?

It's funny that you guys build your argument around how many people play it. Never do you actually talk about the sport itself. I've never heard one logical reason for why soccer is more entertaining or a better sport that actually involved some aspect of playing the game. Meanwhile, any NFL fan will gladly build an argument around how the hits are incredible, the plays, the close games, the last minute drives, etc.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2009, 01:52:38 PM »

Basketball has crossed over to the world.Soccer not so here.

.....And what sporting event year after year is the most watched on t.v.....I rest my case ;)

sounds to me like the yanks are hating on all the sports they are shit at

some sour grapes me thinks  ::)
T

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2009, 01:55:50 PM »

some sour grapes me thinks  ::)

The saddest thing is that the US soccer team, full of athletes who couldn't even make a NFL or NBA practice squad let alone succeed amongst those athletes, beat arguably the best team in the world in Spain 2-0 in June. Our third-rate professional athletes against the best team in the world and they still blank them. I'm sure Spain just didn't give a shit about losing to "scrubs". I can only imagine how good the USA would be if the best athletes chose to play soccer. My guess is half of Europe would commit suicide if the USA men won a World Cup.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2009, 01:56:14 PM »
Thank you for proving my point. The fact that you can separate two rocks on the ground and kick any object that can be construed as spherical between them and call it soccer would explain why it's so popular. What I fail to see is how that makes it a good sport? Because poor people can play it?

So only professional sportsmen playing their sport on regulation fields/courts/staiums etc qualifies as sport?

You are an idiot. Genuinely.

As children we didnt carry around 8' x 24' goals to play football so we improvised with what we had. We played with the same rules and a ball. Everyone can afford a football. It appeals to the masses.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2009, 01:57:11 PM »
So only professional sportsmen playing their sport on regulation fields/courts/staiums etc qualifies as sport?

As children we didnt carry around 8' x 24' goals to play football so we improvised with what we had. We played with the same rules and a ball. Everyone can afford a football. It appeals to the masses.

You're calling me an idiot when your argument does nothing but prove my point. Good thing you went to law school. Probably explains why you're bouncing and not arguing cases.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2009, 01:57:24 PM »
The saddest thing is that the US soccer team, full of athletes who couldn't even make a NFL or NBA practice squad let alone succeed amongst those athletes, beat arguably the best team in the world in Spain 2-0 in June. Our third-rate professional athletes against the best team in the world and they still blank them. I'm sure Spain just didn't give a shit about losing to "scrubs". I can only imagine how good the USA would be if the best athletes chose to play soccer. My guess is half of Europe would commit suicide if the USA men won a World Cup.

america dominates amercian sports

considering the size of the nation they underachieve in other sports
T

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2009, 01:57:38 PM »

some sour grapes me thinks  ::)
bigmc, you know if we cared about it, we would dominate it.  Just like every other sport on the planet.  8)

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2009, 01:59:08 PM »
america dominates amercian sports

considering the size of the nation they underachieve in other sports

Is that why we consistently win the most medals at the Olympics? Even winning more medals than China, a country 5x the size of us and who pulls kids away from their family at 3 years old to train 10 hours a day for 15 years.

The American soccer team, full of third-tier professional athletes, beat Spain 2-0 in June. Spain, the best soccer team in the world, got owned.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2009, 02:01:02 PM »
Is that why we consistently win the most medals at the Olympics?

The American soccer team, full of third-tier professional athletes, beat Spain 2-0 in June. Spain, the best soccer team in the world, got owned.

i must have missed all the tournaments the american "soccer" team has won  ::)

all the usa players that come over here fail as badly as the rugby players going to america

tha argument goes both ways
T

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2009, 02:01:17 PM »
I would say european football and hockey are the greatest sports in the world. Both are very popular almost everywhere, warm wheather = football. Cold = Hockey

Both sports can be very entertaining but can at other times bore you to death...
tank u jesus

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2009, 02:01:42 PM »

I see, you're becoming a soccer fan? :)

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2009, 02:04:21 PM »
You always see Americans relocating to other countries to play their sports. Wait no you dont, if you want to be the best in your sport you come to test yourself in America.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2009, 02:04:36 PM »

Ursus, you seem to be missing BF's point.  You think that just because a lot of people play it, that makes it great.  We disagree.  Hell volleyball is a lot of fun to play, but nobody gives two shits about it.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2009, 02:05:00 PM »
I see, you're becoming a soccer fan? :)

I never said soccer was terrible. I enjoy the World Cup. It's an OK sport. American football is 100x more entertaining.

However, unless it's the world cup or the odd semi-finals or finals of a major league, I find it incredibly boring. I don't see the excitement in watching people kick a ball around a field for 90 minutes without any points being scored. Half the guys spend more time walking around the field than they do actually running.

The acting is entertaining, though. Watching someone get carted off the field after getting bumped into and then sprinting back on 15 seconds later really makes for an entertaining sport. Completely ruins the game.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2009, 02:05:17 PM »
Had a friend who played professionally in Germany, so I attended matches there.  Occasionally watch on TV until I nod off.  8)

So you haven't actually.  ::) ::) ::)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2009, 02:06:07 PM »
So you haven't actually.  ::) ::) ::)

Didn't what?   ::) ::) ::) ::)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2009, 02:08:23 PM »
BF I did not enjoy law. I never went to law school. I went to uni and got a law degree. Big difference sonny jim.

Your arguement focuses on africa - absolutre thick stupid idiot  ::)

I agree but in 90% of cases more money and effort/structure/development into sports = success particularly track and field. USA were meant to be teh best basketball players but get pwned by e european '3rd world' countries.

SHOWSTOPPER - what makes a sport great? The best thing I can think of is the diversity of people whop play it - all diff colours, creeds, religions, classes countries all play it. AND it is the biggest most played and watched sport in world.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2009, 02:08:32 PM »
Didn't what?   ::) ::) ::) ::)

Been exposed to it.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2009, 02:10:01 PM »

SHOWSTOPPER - what makes a sport great? The best thing I can think of is the diversity of people whop play it - all diff colours, creeds, religions, classes countries all play it. AND it is the biggest most played and watched sport in world.

If that is your criteria, then by your standards you are right.  I just think we differ on what makes a sport great.  No problem.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2009, 02:11:46 PM »
Been exposed to it.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

If you are asking, have I played it....only when forced to in physical education in school.  ALL real athletes played football, baseball, basketball or ran track where I'm from.  We picked on and made fun of the "soccer fags" as we referred to them.  ;D

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #99 on: October 16, 2009, 02:12:54 PM »
If that is your criteria, then by your standards you are right.  I just think we differ on what makes a sport great.  No problem.

No probs dude. Agree to disagree?