Author Topic: Obama: "Constitution is flawed because Redistribution of Income was left out"  (Read 9079 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Obama and the Constitution; He Has His Doubts (college thesis)
PJ media ^

Posted on Friday, October 23, 2009 11:01:50 AM by Sir Gawain

October 21st, 2009 6:46 pm
Obama and the Constitution; He Has His Doubts

I missed this first time around. Brian Lancaster at Jumping in Pools reported on Obama’s college thesis, written when he was at Columbia. The paper was called “Aristocracy Reborn,” and in the first ten pages (which were all that reporter Joe Klein–who wrote about it for Time–was permitted to see), the young Obama wrote:

“… the Constitution allows for many things, but what it does not allow is the most revealing. The so-called Founders did not allow for economic freedom. While political freedom is supposedly a cornerstone of the document, the distribution of wealth is not even mentioned. While many believed that the new Constitution gave them liberty, it instead fitted them with the shackles of hypocrisy.”

That’s quite an indictment, even for an Ivy League undergraduate. I wonder if the prof–and I’d like to know who the prof was–made an appropriate marginal comment, something about historical context, about the Constitution’s revolutionary status in the history of freedom, and about the separation of powers in order to make the creation of any “shackles” as difficult as possible.

Maybe instead of fuming about words that Rush Limbaugh never uttered, the paladins of the free press might ask the president about words that he did write. Maybe he’d like to parse “the so-called Founders,” for example. I’d like to know what he thinks of those words today. And what about the rest of the thesis?

________________________ ________________________ ______________

Unfreaking real. 

IS THIS WHAT YOU VOTED FOR?  ? ? ? ? ?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Gee, is it any wonder that he has paid over 1 million to keep his records private?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
LINK:  http://pajamasmedia.com/michaelledeen/2009/10/21/obama-and-the-constitution-he-has-his-doubts/#

Again: IS THIS WHAT YOU VOTED FOR?    

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Gee, is it any wonder that he has paid over 1 million to keep his records private?

HEY LURKER, STRAW, 240, MONS, KC, BLACKEN, ET AL:

DO YOU STILL WANT TO ARGUE THAT OBAMA IS NOT A MARXIST?

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Yes.  It's who i voted for.  I'm glad he was questioning the constitution and i would love to read his paper and discuss he current thoughts on it.  He has probably changed his mind a great deal from those days, as most people post graduation are prone to do.

The constitution is held up as if it's unquestionable, the holiest of all.  A democratic society must question things in order to continue moving forward.  You often talk about Hitler and dictators.  The first thing they stop is the questioning of things.

Are you asking the American people to do the same?

Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Yes.  It's who i voted for.  I'm glad he was questioning the constitution and i would love to read his paper and discuss he current thoughts on it.  He has probably changed his mind a great deal from those days, as most people post graduation are prone to do.

The constitution is held up as if it's unquestionable, the holiest of all.  A democratic society must question things in order to continue moving forward.  You often talk about Hitler and dictators.  The first thing they stop is the questioning of things.

Are you asking the American people to do the same?

He has not changed his mind one bit. 

I have posted numerous clips of him talking shit avbourt this nation. 

WTF is he to question the constitution when if he were in his families' native land he would be living in a hut with his brother. 

Instead, he is a millionaire based on a book Bill Ayers wrote for him. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
As an aside.  I would like to read the whole document before jumping to conclusions.  The excerpt is not doubt deemed 'explosive' but in what context is all this written? What is the back story? Heck what class was this in?

Before we condemn Obama for writing this i think it would be important to know these things.

P.S. i am aware his records are sealed and that's his right to do that.  As such any and all 'excerpts' should be treated with a grain of salt.
Abandon every hope...

12secGT

• Getbig III
No, the problem is the vast majority DID NOT vote for this. That's because they vast majority thought it was the presidential installment of American Idol, instead, the winner RUNS the COUNTRY!! Our trusty media placed this guy up like a rock star and there he stays. Only now do we see what he is all about, who is friends are, and of course and unfortunately, what his agenda holds for the rest of us....

Wanna solve it?? VOTE HIS SUPPORT OUT IN THE MID TERM ELECTIONS!!!! We can't stop it all, but if you take his majority away, then it will hold him up as a lame duck president... Then do away with him in 2012. Only then I hope we learned our lession and do more research before we put clowns like him in office.

kcballer

• Getbig V
He has not changed his mind one bit. 

I have posted numerous clips of him talking shit avbourt this nation. 

WTF is he to question the constitution when if he were in his families' native land he would be living in a hut with his brother. 

Instead, he is a millionaire based on a book Bill Ayers wrote for him. 

Still with the Bill Ayers thing huh?

You view it as talking sh*t. Other may not.

Once again would you prefer the American people never questioned anything?
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
As an aside.  I would like to read the whole document before jumping to conclusions.  The excerpt is not doubt deemed 'explosive' but in what context is all this written? What is the back story? Heck what class was this in?

Before we condemn Obama for writing this i think it would be important to know these things.

P.S. i am aware his records are sealed and that's his right to do that.  As such any and all 'excerpts' should be treated with a grain of salt.

We are going to have to press the reporter on this to get more.

No wonder he is fighting to keep all his records silent.  God only knows what the heck insanity and radicalism he advocated.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Still with the Bill Ayers thing huh?

You view it as talking sh*t. Other may not.

Once again would you prefer the American people never questioned anything?

"Once again would you prefer the American people never questioned anything?"

Question is one thing, advocating marxism and lamenting our countrys' founding is a whole other matter.

Perhaps of the press and the idiotic public asked questions about Obama's past we would not even have him in there and be subjected to this garbage.   

kcballer

• Getbig V
We are going to have to press the reporter on this to get more.

No wonder he is fighting to keep all his records silent.  God only knows what the heck insanity and radicalism he advocated.

You and i have no idea why he is fighting it.  This could all be made up for all we know.  If his records are in fact sealed then how did this writer come about getting a copy or a whiff of his writings?  Perhaps we will need a court case to find this out.  
Abandon every hope...

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I also would like to read the paper...the thing that stuck out with me the most though was the so-called Founding Fathers.  WTF?  What does he mean by that?  Those men founded this country whether you agree with them or not.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I also would like to read the paper...the thing that stuck out with me the most though was the so-called Founding Fathers.  WTF?  What does he mean by that?  Those men founded this country whether you agree with them or not.

HE HAS NEVER CHANGED! 

kcballer

• Getbig V

I'm unsure.  Perhaps he would like more credit to go to those who worked behind the scenes so to speak.  There are always many forgotten names in history, maybe Obama is trying to make aware of this fact.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I'm unsure.  Perhaps he would like more credit to go to those who worked behind the scenes so to speak.  There are always many forgotten names in history, maybe Obama is trying to make aware of this fact.

Like who?  The farmers who were hung for supporting the movement and lost their families and wealth? 

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
Guys - if you think this is bad - wait until they dig up his pre-school drawings, his stamp collect and the pictures red stars he stuck on his first bicycle....

That will really be revealing.  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Guys - if you think this is bad - wait until they dig up his pre-school drawings, his stamp collect and the pictures red stars he stuck on his first bicycle....

Laugh if you want, but is he writing anything much different than those in the clips I posted? 

This si extremely important because he has never once denounced these types of views and still harbors them.

How can you take Obama seriously when he vows to uphold a document he says is deeply flawed and imposed "hypocrisy" on this nation? 

kcballer

• Getbig V
Like who?  The farmers who were hung for supporting the movement and lost their families and wealth? 

I don't know and wouldn't like to speculate.  All i am offering is a possible explanation without reading the full thesis and getting to question the author over it.
Abandon every hope...

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior

Jesus... WTF kind of spelling is that ??? I have been in Asia for far too long....

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
There is a reason why Redistribution of Income was not included in the constitution, the framers understood the effect it would have on American society. The reason people like Obama see the constitution as flawed is because it limits the power of the federal government and in turn their power.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

Obama is very angry at the Founding Fathers because they were white, rich, owned land and owned slaves.    :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Obama is very angry at the Founding Fathers because they were white, rich, owned land and owned slaves.    :)

And so did Obama's ancestors by that definition.

He is 1/2 white, and 3/4 of his black part is more Arab than anything.

Who sold the black slaves in Africa to the whites BTW? 

Obama is a really deranged idiot. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
There is a reason why Redistribution of Income was not included in the constitution, the framers understood the effect it would have on American society. The reason people like Obama see the constitution as flawed is because it limits the power of the federal government and in turn their power.

For the record Bush was against the constitution. 
Abandon every hope...

kcballer

• Getbig V
And so did Obama's ancestors by that definition.

He is 1/2 white, and 3/4 of his black part is more Arab than anything.

Who sold the black slaves in Africa to the whites BTW? 

Obama is a really deranged idiot. 

You're clutching at straws here 333.  I mean really you are getting worked up over speculation.  There are two things - what you think and what you know.

You are using more and more of what you think, than what you know. 
Abandon every hope...