Author Topic: TNA News:  (Read 158874 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
TNA News:
« on: October 27, 2009, 05:46:55 PM »
Source: prowrestling.com

Word is that Eric Bischoff will also be joining Hogan in TNA.

If you're wondering if Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff joining TNA means they will be taking things over to a certain extent, sources say, "absolutely not." Sources also say that this new signing is not a precursor to removing the current TNA writing team. It's no secret that Hogan and Vince Russo have had issues between them in the past.

As noted before, TNA and Spike TV banners are hanging up at the Hogan press conference. Jimmy Hart is there with Hogan as well.

Hogan and Bischoff signing with TNA was kept a secret to even the inner-most members of the TNA circle up until today.

Just minutes ago, Dixie Carter made the official announcement at the press conference. Spike TV officials are speaking now. Stay tuned for more.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Hulk Hogan signing with TNA!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 05:11:37 AM »
Hogan & Bishoff sign with TNA! That is big news and apparently there is more to come! Vince McMahon better be careful.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 05:14:52 AM »
It's good to see that TNA has abandoned its policy of signing over-the-hill WWE wrestlers. Oh, wait.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 05:19:26 AM »
It's good to see that TNA has abandoned its policy of signing over-the-hill WWE wrestlers. Oh, wait.
WWE has its share of over the hill wrestlers too.

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 05:25:26 AM »
As much as I hate Hogan this should be a good move for TNA AS LONG AS they keep him out of anything backstage, which, knowing Hogan might be IMPOSSIBLE.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 05:54:02 AM »
As much as I hate Hogan this should be a good move for TNA AS LONG AS they keep him out of anything backstage, which, knowing Hogan might be IMPOSSIBLE.

Yes.  He's gonna want a lot of creative control, and with his previous history with Russo, I can't see it working out in the long term.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 06:11:41 AM »
What can Hogan possibly do from a performing standpoint? His knees, back and hips are shot.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 06:39:36 AM »
What can Hogan possibly do from a performing standpoint? His knees, back and hips are shot.
nothing but it will spike ratings, at least in the short term. Like him or not but everywhere he goes in wrestling he is successful.

mass 04

• Getbig V
TNA is on MONDAYS??!?!?!?!?
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 06:42:34 AM »
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/arti...-mondays-89021

According to WrestleZone.com's own Mark Madden, TNA will be adding a second weekly show to their television schedule. When, you ask? Monday nights from 8:00-10:00PM ET head-to-head with WWE's RAW.

While the time frame of when this will happen isn't confirmed, we can report exclusively that a second show on Monday's from 8-10PM ET is in the plans right now.

We should have more on this breaking story soon. Keep checking back to the site for more information.

While i think TNA isn't viewed as a pimple on WWE's ass as of yet hopefully this will help improve both products.

Playboy

• Getbig V
Re: New Monday Night War?
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 08:54:42 AM »
Nothing but trouble for VKM. Especially is Hogan and Dbag (Bischoff) go to TNA. It's definitely BIG trouble. Us Federation fans are so tired of the current situation their gonna turn to something new. History always repeats itself. If done right. TNA can really put the hurting on VKM. Maybe Shane saw the writing on the wall and didn't want to go through all that trouble again like with WCW? Hogan goes to TNA. Flair shows up. Who elses contract is running out in WWFville? I'm a Federation fan for life. But this time around I think they deserve it! I've been so absolutely dissappointed with the shite they've been feeding me for the past what 2 years? Whats Edge's current status? Could he pop up in TNA as well?
Right now TNA is opening up their wallets as they are currently in talks with Ric Flair. So we'll see what happens. Theya re defiantely signing all the major players that have the "titan" training behind them to get to talent in the business and lure them to TNA.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 08:55:45 AM »
nothing but it will spike ratings, at least in the short term. Like him or not but everywhere he goes in wrestling he is successful.
Plus, he knows how to get to talent. He has the "titan" training behind them. People would rather watch an old Hogan then MVP or Mark Henry.

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 09:14:07 AM »
TNA has the chance to crush Vince if they play there cards right, and open there wallets.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 11:35:01 AM »
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/arti...-mondays-89021

According to WrestleZone.com's own Mark Madden, TNA will be adding a second weekly show to their television schedule. When, you ask? Monday nights from 8:00-10:00PM ET head-to-head with WWE's RAW.

While the time frame of when this will happen isn't confirmed, we can report exclusively that a second show on Monday's from 8-10PM ET is in the plans right now.

We should have more on this breaking story soon. Keep checking back to the site for more information.

While i think TNA isn't viewed as a pimple on WWE's ass as of yet hopefully this will help improve both products.
this was inevitable now would be the time when wwe is at its weakest....
F

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2009, 03:08:03 AM »

I would be more surprised if it didn't help both products.

TNA is gaining momentum.

Jakks is ending their business relationship with Titan to start production on TNA figures.
I believe that either this or the upcoming WWE series will be the last Jakks puts out.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2009, 04:45:16 AM »
I would be more surprised if it didn't help both products.

TNA is gaining momentum.

Jakks is ending their business relationship with Titan to start production on TNA figures.
I believe that either this or the upcoming WWE series will be the last Jakks puts out.

Don't forget....it wasn't Bishoff or Russo for that matter that killed WCW. It was Ted Turner's suit & ties that ran the productions that did. They didn't understand wrestling period. These are the same jackasses that put Paul Roma (a jobber in the 80's WWF at the time) in a horseman position in 1990  ::)  ::)  ::).
Bishoff took WCW product and made it millions of dollars and beat the WWE for 92 weeks straight in ratings. So we'll see what happens in TNA.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 06:46:00 AM »
Just don't let Bischoff touch the company checkbook.
 ;)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 07:20:06 AM »
I would love to see tna give them a run for their money.  Now is the perfect time.....get rid of that stupid ass ring and get a normal one!!!!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 07:58:06 AM »
I would love to see tna give them a run for their money.  Now is the perfect time.....get rid of that stupid ass ring and get a normal one!!!!!

I agree with you. I also agree on your thoughts on that ridiculous ring. That six sided ring has got to go.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2009, 09:36:32 AM »
I agree with you. I also agree on your thoughts on that ridiculous ring. That six sided ring has got to go.

It's just such a distraction and I think it affects the flow of a match.  I've watched guys look almost confused running the ropes.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2009, 10:29:25 AM »
It's just such a distraction and I think it affects the flow of a match.  I've watched guys look almost confused running the ropes.
They need a normal ring. I understand the fact that TNAis with spike and spike tv supports MMA but this is wrestling, not MMA. They need a normal wrestling ring.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 09:21:00 PM »
It's only a matter of time till Shane O Mack shows up to the party......

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2009, 04:33:13 AM »
It's only a matter of time till Shane O Mack shows up to the party......
I highly doubt that.

cobra_4

• Getbig II
TNA is on MONDAYS??!?!?!?!?
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2009, 07:01:41 PM »
Did anyone see Hogan on the Ultimate Fighter Finals? Jan. 4th, TNA to monday night??? Monday Night wars?? This is huge@!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
Re: TNA is on MONDAYS??!?!?!?!?
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2009, 09:03:32 PM »
Good.
We need competition.

The old man either needs to be forced to improve, or it's time to quit.

I predict he will improve.
 ;D

He's been through tougher times than this, although I'm not so sure about the fans.

cheftim

• Getbig III
Re: TNA is on MONDAYS??!?!?!?!?
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2009, 10:16:40 PM »
Hogan is the bait. We'll see if other Federation superstars will follow? How much is he making anyone know? What about his contract? How long is it?