Author Topic: TNA News:  (Read 160081 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: TNA...Hogan...New Monday Night Wars...Updates:
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2010, 02:24:05 PM »
 :)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2010, 02:21:45 PM »
I've just watched the Jan 4th TNA, and I've gotta say I was impressed.  Big surprise to see Jeff there, and Flair as well.  It was kinda cool to see Pac/Hall/Nash together, but Hall looked a bit rough.

I don't watch regularly, and they seem to have some very good talent, I was very impressed with 'Pope Dinero', I don't know why WWE let him go.  The main event was an awesome match, excellent performance by both guys.  One downside though, is that they've got some very average talent as well.  The cage match at the beginning was very confusing and difficult to watch, and the Womens Tag match I thought was terrible.  There were far too many times when they seemed unsure of where they were going.

Despite those small negatives, I'll definitely be watching again next week, cos it was a very promising start.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2010, 04:48:39 AM »
Easy now....when it was a true "hillbilly company" it was fine.  The old NWA, Georgia wrestling, Mid-Atlantic wrestling....Its when the douches took over that it went down the shitter.  Bischoff, Russo, Ed, etc...  We hillbillies know our rasslin'.   ;D ;)
Agreed 100%. I've always stated that it was the Ted Turner suit & tie non wrestling people that ruined the organization. NOT Russo / Bishoff. Hell, it was Bishoff that made WCW what it was and caused them to beat WWE for 92 weeks straight in the ratings.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2010, 02:47:03 PM »
I wonder what ol' J.C. would have to say about all of this. . .

G.O.A.T.

• Getbig II
  • TEAM LESNAR
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2010, 03:06:32 PM »
I am curious who is supposed to Debut at Nemesis that will be a title contender. I am stumped on who else could be brought in. I was thinking maybe Mr. Kennedy or at a long shot, Goldberg.
TEAM LESNAR

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2010, 07:53:31 AM »
I am curious who is supposed to Debut at Nemesis that will be a title contender. I am stumped on who else could be brought in. I was thinking maybe Mr. Kennedy or at a long shot, Goldberg.

Could be Sid Vicious.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2010, 08:11:43 AM »
Wouldn’t surprise me if it is, in fact, Kennedy.

Despite his WWE track record, Anderson reportedly did quite well on the Hulkamania tour over the summer, and a lot of those guys have found their way into negotiations with TNA.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2010, 08:41:06 AM »
The following is an excerpt from an interview with Hulk Hogan from IGN TV:

Hulk Hogan on TNA going live:
"You know this was going to start crack-a-lacking. This is really gonna roll out well. So I was really happy with it, bro. Then the next night when we taped I was like "hmmm. We need to switch gears and keep going live." It was a different vibe. It will work. It's not "if," it's "when."

Hulk Hogan on WWE and Bret Hart:
"I expected a bunch of different stuff, from Bret's look – I was looking for something really exciting. I was like "oh my gosh, man, this is going to be fun" but then I saw it and went "hmmmm." I smell blood. I watched the show after that with Tyson and the show before that with Timbaland and I liked those shows better. But that's just me."

Hulk Hogan on more stars coming to TNA:
"My phone's been ringing so much from guys who want to come in. Thank god, that's the easy part. Because I was all messed up in the head and I thought that would be tough. I was in the airport with one of the guys from the WWE and they said "the guys in the WWE are cheering us on like crazy."

G.O.A.T.

• Getbig II
  • TEAM LESNAR
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2010, 09:34:23 AM »
I didn't think about Edge or Sid. Edge would be a good shock. Though, I never really liked him but I see how others do. Sid would too, but I don't think he would last. I think Nennedy would be a great add. I always thought he was going to be the next Big Thing. Good on the mic, and people accepted him as heel or face.
TEAM LESNAR

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2010, 05:18:21 PM »

I'd go for Kennedy as well.  He hasn't been up to much for some time.  Maybe RVD?

G.O.A.T.

• Getbig II
  • TEAM LESNAR
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2010, 07:47:09 PM »
RVD would be a great add also. Would make for some good matches with AJ,Kurt, and a few others.
TEAM LESNAR

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2010, 04:47:41 AM »
What about Savage? Or does everyone believe he's completely through with Wrestling? I just think it's gotta be a way bigger name then Kennedy to get hyped up for a PPV debut? Thats what Nemesis is right? 
Savage is nearly 60 years old. It would be ludacris to even bring him near a wrestling ring. He made his money and retired gracefully.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2010, 07:11:39 AM »
He’s only about a year & 3 months older than Hulk.

If those two have buried the hatchet and Macho is jumping on board, I imagine it would be in a capacity similar to Hogan – an on-air character, maybe occasionally participating in some way in a ring, but primarily just a personality.
Of course, he wouldn’t have “Hogan” power.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2010, 08:25:30 AM »
He’s only about a year & 3 months older than Hulk.

If those two have buried the hatchet and Macho is jumping on board, I imagine it would be in a capacity similar to Hogan – an on-air character, maybe occasionally participating in some way in a ring, but primarily just a personality.
Of course, he wouldn’t have “Hogan” power.

Nah, I honestly think Savage is done with wrestling. Out of every wrestler alive today, he's been the smartest one. Retiring at a gracefull time with his head held high, never makeing that "old timer" comeback and or jobbing to anyone like most of these older guys end up doing, etc. He made a ton of money and stayed out of the limelight.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2010, 04:37:07 PM »
Supposedly, there is/was a video floating around of a TNA producer lecturing the fans prior to last night's Impact taping, telling them how to behave during the show.
This was supposed to have resulted from fan reactions to portions of the Genesis show from Sunday.

Nick Paglino of wrestlezone.com posted the video on their site today, but it has already been removed by youtube due to a TNA copyright claim.

To me, it sounds like it might be a fan-filmed video.
Regardless, if you're lucky enough to find a working link, watch it without delay - it appears that TNA wants to keep a lid on this.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2010, 04:32:25 AM »
Supposedly, there is/was a video floating around of a TNA producer lecturing the fans prior to last night's Impact taping, telling them how to behave during the show.
This was supposed to have resulted from fan reactions to portions of the Genesis show from Sunday.

Nick Paglino of wrestlezone.com posted the video on their site today, but it has already been removed by youtube due to a TNA copyright claim.

To me, it sounds like it might be a fan-filmed video.
Regardless, if you're lucky enough to find a working link, watch it without delay - it appears that TNA wants to keep a lid on this.

Sounds very interesting.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2010, 05:20:42 AM »
In a way, I suspect it was similar to how WCW left out the part of the show where they asked fans to move down closer to the ring to fill all the empty seats for the camera.

It appears bad enough to the live audience.
You wouldn’t broadcast it to the viewers.

I wonder if this alleged TNA video is along those lines.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2010, 05:34:33 AM »
Thats funny because I do remember reading on the net when WCW started to flounder around 2000-2001 that they used to fill have arenas and sit everyone on the one side so it looked rammed with no seating, lol.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2010, 01:46:50 PM »
Two Big Six-Person Matches Announced for Tonight's TNA iMPACT Tapings in Orlando
By Marc Middleton
Jan 18, 2010 - 5:39:33 PM

- TNA has just announced the following matches for this Thursday's iMPACT that will tape tonight in Orlando:

* Lacey Von Erich, Velvet Sky & Madison Rayne vs. Awesome Kong, Hamada & Tara

* The Motor City Machineguns & Brian Kendrick vs. Generation Me & Amazing Red 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile
Send a private message to WOLFGANG
Find More Posts by WOLFGANG
Add WOLFGANG to Your Contacts

01-19-2010, 05:17 PM    #161 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TNA Personality Sent Home Today, Another Fired from the Company?, Hogan Vetoed
By Marc Middleton
Jan 18, 2010 - 2:49:24 PM

- It looks like his comments over the relief effort in Haiti have gotten new TNA personality Bubba the Love Sponge sent home from a production meeting and possibly fired from the company. Bubba wrote the following on his Twitter today:

"Eric needs to chill out on this power trip. Hogan is cool. Eric is running wild. here in orlando things r all messed up. Was suppose to be at the prod meeting @11 they called and said not 2 come??? This is starting 2b not fun. All because of my Haiti comments Sorry people can't handle the truth. And what does my Haiti comments have to do with tna wrestling. I didn't say them on dixies air. I don't think tna is ready 4someone like me. I shoot hard from the hip and ms Carter (although i have a ton of respect 4her) has never had a guy that is as outrageous as I am and has a Nationwide delevery method. So right now I would describe our relationship like oil and water. And it's not good. im headed home. My agent Is coming to Orlando to deal with mess. not that I'll ever b on tna again but tell me any tna personality that has more followers."

Bubba also noted that he was supposed to be a part of the deal with The Band at last night's Genesis pay-per-view but someone vetoed Hulk Hogan so Bubba wasn't involved.

He also said last night that Jeremy Borash is gone from TNA and he (Bubba) did not want the job of being Borash's replacement. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-19-2010, 05:18 PM    #162 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update on TNA's Ric Flair Plans, Who Else Tried to Sign Jeff Hardy, Roster News
By Marc Middleton
Jan 18, 2010 - 2:19:57 PM

Partial source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- TNA has added Tomko, Sean Morley, Ric Flair, The Nasty Boys and Orlando Jordan to their roster page. Still no sign of Scott Hall, Sean Waltman or Jeff Hardy on the roster.

- The basic idea in TNA with Ric Flair is for him to give rubs to other stars, starting with AJ Styles. Eventually this will lead to a program with Flair vs. Sting.

- As noted before, Jeff Hardy was telling people he chose TNA over a WWE return because of the easier schedule. Word is that Hardy's contract with TNA doesn't require him to work live events. The AAA promotion out of Mexico made a similar offer to Hardy but never made a firm money offer. Despite the indictment announcement and the appearance on iMPACT, people from WWE were still calling Hardy on January 5th trying to get him to change his mind.

Hardy's indictment that was announced on the same day as his TNA return on January 4th was not talked about much at the iMPACT tapings the next day. Word is that Hardy's legal troubles aren't changing the company's mind about bringing him in. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-19-2010, 05:19 PM    #163 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Anderson Comments on His TNA Debut, TNA Takes Signs at Genesis, the Hogans, More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 18, 2010 - 4:11:00 AM

Partial source: PWInsider.com

- There was no dark match before last night's TNA Genesis pay-per-view.

- Dixie Carter was taking photos with fans inside the iMPACT Zone before last night's show.

- If somehow you missed it on last night's show, Brooke and Nick Hogan were both sitting ringside, cheering on some of the TNA stars.

- TNA removed several fan signs at Genesis that were negative towards the company getting rid of the six-sided ring.

- Ken Anderson wrote the following on his Twitter last night after debuting in TNA at Genesis: "A big thank you to all of my amazing fans, friends, and family. It feels good to be back in action, and it's also great to be a part of this Team! Looking forward to see what happens next... Stay tuned!!" 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-19-2010, 05:20 PM    #164 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

TNA's New iMPACT Zone, Borash Storyline Update, Tonight's TNA Tapings and More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 18, 2010 - 4:30:25 AM

Partial source: F4Wonline.com

- After last night's TNA Genesis pay-per-view, Kurt Angle made his way up the ramp and to the back to a positive reaction from the crowd.

- While TNA will be using the four-sided ring from here on out, apparently the new iMPACT Zone that was used last night with the WCW style ramp and big screen are here to stay also.

- No word yet how long Jeremy Borash will be off TNA programming after the storyline with Eric Bischoff at last night's pay-per-view. Borash wrote the following on Twitter last night: "Someday I'm gonna host a show where young, semi-exciting television talent is appreciated. Like NBC. Seriously though, gonna take a break from Twitter & FB to regroup. Thank you all for you kind words. Furleys out. O-O"

- TNA hasn't announced any matches for tonight's iMPACT tapings but are teasing an appearance by Ken Anderson, more from AJ Styles & Ric Flair plus what Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan have in store for Against All Odds. Join us later on for full spoilers from the tapings. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-20-2010, 05:32 PM    #165 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Match Scheduled for Tonight's TNA iMPACT Tapings, TNA in Paris Update
By Marc Middleton
Jan 20, 2010 - 2:23:35 PM

- The January 24th TNA live event in Paris, France that was canceled due to a concert for Haiti has been rescheduled for January 25th in the same building, The Zenith.

- Kevin Nash vs. Mick Foley is scheduled for tonight's iMPACT tapings 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-20-2010, 05:33 PM    #166 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

TNA Knockout Speaks On Backstage Fight With Bubba The Love Sponge
By Amish Patel
Jan 20, 2010 - 2:16:40 PM

-- About her backstage fight with Bubba The Love Sponge, TNA Knockout Awesome Kong posted the following on her Twitter page:

"Kongfucious says: sometimes you must feed someone a fist to make them eat their own words."

An hour later she followed up by writing:

"Apologies to all of my supporters for the lack of tweets lately. Trying not to give certain talentless hacks publicity." 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

Yesterday, 02:36 PM    #167 
TheCutMan
GYM RAT

I bet that Bubba nearly shit his pants when Kong was walking up to him.   

TheCutMan
View Public Profile
Send a private message to TheCutMan
Visit TheCutMan's homepage!
Find More Posts by TheCutMan
Add TheCutMan to Your Contacts

Yesterday, 05:15 PM    #168 
TheCutMan
GYM RAT

Quote:
Awesome Kong gave notice to TNA on Tuesday night. Keep in mind that wrestlers quitting TNA happens all the time and 80% of the time or more they get talked into staying. 

source: Wrestling Observer

Fucked up if Kong truely resigns. She is one of the biggest assets to the TNA roster in my mind.
Just like Abyss, Samoa Joe or AJ Styles, she is one of the few people in TNA that stick out and that sets the company apart from WWE. 

TheCutMan
View Public Profile
Send a private message to TheCutMan
Visit TheCutMan's homepage!
Find More Posts by TheCutMan
Add TheCutMan to Your Contacts

Yesterday, 06:35 PM    #169 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Report: Awesome Kong Gives Her Notice to TNA After Backstage Incident with BTLS
By Marc Middleton
Jan 21, 2010 - 4:38:21 PM

Source: F4Wonline.com

- Word going around TNA is that one-half of the TNA Knockout Tag Team Champions Awesome Kong gave notice to the company on Tuesday night. Kong was involved in the reported altercation with Bubba the Love Sponge earlier this week.

It should be noted that talents give notice to TNA often and most of the time they're talked into staying. No word yet on what the future will hold for Awesome Kong in TNA. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

Yesterday, 06:36 PM    #170 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

TNA iMPACT! Preview For Tonight: Hogan, Flair, AJ Styles & More
By Michael Bluth
Jan 21, 2010 - 1:13:48 PM

TNA's website is advertising the following for tonight's episode of TNA iMPACT! on Spike:

- Beautiful People vs. Awesome Kong, Hamada & Tara.

- Brian Kendrick & Motor City Machine Guns vs. Amazing Red & Generation Me.

- Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff have plans for tonight's "huge broadcast."

- A follow-up on AJ Styles turning heel at TNA Genesis with help from Ric Flair during his match with Kurt Angle at Sunday's Genesis pay-per-view.

- A possible appearance from TNA's latest acquisition, Mr. Anderson.

- Update on the title changes at Genesis, with Matt Morgan and Hernandez winning tag team gold and Tara regaining the Knockouts Title.

- News on the upcoming "Against All Odds" Pay-Per-View on Sunday, February 14. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

Yesterday, 06:36 PM    #171 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Conflicting Reports on Jeff Hardy & TNA, One Reason Why He Was on iMPACT & More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 21, 2010 - 4:25:49 AM

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- There are conflicting reports coming in on Jeff Hardy's status with TNA. Sources in the company are saying that Hardy has signed a contract with the company while friends of Hardy have said that he told them he has absolutely not signed a deal. The fact Hardy hasn't appeared with TNA since January 4th would indicate that he hasn't signed or committed to any dates.

It's said that WWE still wants Hardy back eventually. Hardy was apparently upset at the recent segments on WWE's SmackDown with CM Punk where Punk poked fun at him. One person close to Hardy said that one of the reasons he decided to appear on January 4th was just to prove a point to WWE. Word is that friends of Hardy are telling him that at the end of the day, Jeff in TNA is a bad move because he comes across as a much bigger star with WWE. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

Yesterday, 06:37 PM    #172 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Have We Seen the End of the Six-Sided Ring in TNA?, iMPACT Confusion, Daniels
By Marc Middleton
Jan 21, 2010 - 4:06:12 AM

- Several fans have wrote in confused about the three nights of TNA iMPACT tapings this week and how a lot of it didn't make sense. For some reason, TNA taped all the shows pretty much out of order this week, so it should go together better on TV.

- TNA star Daniels took a shot at the company ditching the six-sided ring on Twitter with the following comment: "Good news and bad news for TNA fans-> Bad: the six sided ring isn't coming back! Good: next month we'll implement two three sided rings!"

- TNA is taking their six-sided ring to the UK with them for the upcoming tour. No TV will be filmed while they're there. For what it's worth, some in TNA are under the impression that we haven't seen the last of the six-sided ring. 
[/b]

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2010, 01:48:13 PM »
Sting Puts Ric Flair Over Big Backstage, Issues Brewing Between Hogan & Lashley?
By Marc Middleton
Jan 17, 2010 - 2:05:18 PM

Partial source: Wrestling Observer

- At the January 4th live iMPACT, Sting put Ric Flair over big time in the locker room in front of everyone, saying he owed all his success in wrestling to Flair making him a star in the late 80's. Sting said Flair was like a mentor to him and that the main reason he came back to TNA for another year was the opportunity to work with Flair again.

- Sports Illustrated's Josh Gross recently interviewed Hulk Hogan for what sounds like a future release. Gross wrote the following on his Twitter:

"Hogan mentioned, rather seriously, he plans on having a conversation with Bobby Lashley Sunday to discuss Lashley's pro wrestling future. Hogan's quote after I inquired about Lashley working 4 TNA: "He's gotta make a choice, brother. We need to have a serious talk, He can [do MMA and pro wrestle] but he just needs to be a businessman about it. You can't stiff us just because you have to train for a fight. You can't put [Strikeforce] ahead of us; that's not going to work me. I'm going to fix that real quick. That's going to happen Sunday. I'm going to see what he's made of because I've been around too long to have someone like him to do business with"" 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-18-2010, 12:53 AM    #152 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

TNA's Big Surprise for Tonight, Hardy Hit with Another Charge, TNA Helping Haiti
By Marc Middleton
Jan 17, 2010 - 3:50:32 AM

- TNA is asking fans coming to next week's TV tapings in Orlando to bring a donation for the victims of the recent earthquake in Haiti. Several wrestlers this weekend including Awesome Kong raised money for the people of Haiti with various fundraisers.

Regarding the relief efforts, new TNA personality Bubba The Love Sponge wrote the following crude remark on his Twitter: " I say f*** hati. Why do we have to take care of everybody our country is in shambles. Bubba"

Several wrestling fans took to Bubba's Twitter voicing their opinions and it appears one of Bubba's employees, a guy by the name of Brent, ripped into them all for being wrestling fans with more ridiculous comments.

- The state has added another charge to Jeff Hardy's case, that being a felony charge of conspiracy to traffic in opium, related to the Valium. Hardy will go to trial on March 17th in Moore County, North Carolina.

- Regarding TNA's "major acquisition" who is set to debut at tonight's Genesis pay-per-view, the talk is that it will be former WWE United States Champion Ken "Kennedy" Anderson. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-18-2010, 12:58 AM    #153 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Eric Bischoff Deciding Things in TNA, This Week's iMPACT Tapings, Dreamer-TNA
By Marc Middleton
Jan 17, 2010 - 3:30:16 AM

- There have been no signs from within TNA that Tommy Dreamer is coming in anytime soon.

- TNA will be taping iMPACT this coming Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night in Orlando due to the upcoming tour of the UK.

- At the live iMPACT and the tapings last week, there were a lot of long-time TNA talents "moping around" after seeing how diminished their roles had become. A lot of people were asking questions about their future with the company. Eric Bischoff is being described as the main in charge and was making the majority of decisions and "super into everything." 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-18-2010, 01:00 AM    #154 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Early TNA Against All Odds & Lockdown News, Jarrett-Bonaduce Angle, Epics & More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 17, 2010 - 3:23:30 AM

Partial source: Wrestling Observer

- In an update from the earlier post, the rating for this past Thursday's TNA Epics on Spike TV was an 0.7 rating, not a 9.7 obviously.

- Attendance and merchandise sales have been up a lot at TNA's live events over the past few weeks. Don West has been appearing at live events, selling items at the merchandise tables, so he will likely be moved into that position for good.

- Jeff Jarrett did an angle on Danny Bonaduce's radio show in Philadelphia the other morning where it was teased that Bonaduce may wrestle Jarrett at this year's Lockdown pay-per-view. Jarrett ripped into Hulk Hogan's CCW, which Bonaduce appeared on, among other things. Sources report that there are currently no plans for Bonaduce to wrestle at any upcoming TNA pay-per-view. They did the angle on the radio that morning with the idea that it's something they can revisit down the road if they want.

- TNA's February All Against All Odds pay-per-view will feature a gimmick match of some kind to determine the #1 contender to the World Heavyweight Title at the Lockdown pay-per-view. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-19-2010, 05:09 PM    #155 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Awesome Kong Attacks Bubba "The Love" Sponge Backstage At iMPACT! Tapings
By Amish Patel
Jan 19, 2010 - 12:45:34 PM

Source: ProWrestling.NET

- It has been confirmed that TNA backstage personality Bubba "The Love" Sponge was attacked by Awesome Kong backstage at yesterday's TNA iMPACT! taping.

Kong was said to be very upset at Bubba's "F--- Hati" [sic] tweet over the weekend, especially as she is actively taking part in fundraising efforts for the relief fund for Haiti.

Both were sent home and a source within TNA notes that Bubba has major heat in the locker room. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-19-2010, 05:12 PM    #156 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Karen Angle Returning to TNA?, Bubba Apologizes for Haiti Comments, iMPACT News
By Marc Middleton
Jan 19, 2010 - 3:31:19 AM

- Bubba the Love Sponge has apologized for his Haiti comments on Twitter. No word yet if Bubba is still with TNA or not. He wrote:

"I am going to say this one time and one time only. First of all a real man sometimes has to take a step back and maybe look at something. They said or did so that being said I would like to apologize for my comments regarding Haiti in the world of live radio that I operate. Sometimes u say things that u can't take back. So I'm man enough now to say I'm sorry for those I offended. Bubba."

- As noted before, TNA is advertising two six-person matches on their website for this Thursday's show. Neither of the matches were taped at last night's tapings and unless the matches are taped tonight, they probably won't make it onto this Thursday's broadcast. The matches being advertised are The Beautiful People vs. Tara, Hamada & Awesome Kong and Generation Me & Amazing Red vs. The Motor City Machineguns & Brian Kendrick.

- Karen Angle was with Jeff Jarrett at the recent string of TNA live events. There is talk again of having her return to TNA programming with an on-screen role. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-19-2010, 05:14 PM    #157 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Has Anderson Signed with TNA?, TNA Stars Help Haiti, Waltman/Hall Update & More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 19, 2010 - 3:14:41 AM

- TNA's live event scheduled for Paris, France this coming Sunday at The Zenith has been canceled. TNA was notified by French officials that the French Ministry of Culture along with French TV & radio will be occupying The Zenith during TNA's originally scheduled time with a concert to benefit the people of Haiti. Fans who bought tickets to the show can obtain refunds at the Zenith box office.

- TNA has updated their website roster page since the other day and added Sean Waltman & Scott Hall.

- The fundraiser for victims in Haiti that was held by Awesome Kong, Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky and others in Pennsylvania this past weekend raised over $5,000.

- It's said that Ken Anderson is currently working in TNA on a per-night deal and has not signed a contract yet but others are under the impression that he has signed some sort of deal. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-19-2010, 05:15 PM    #158 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

TNA Planning an All X-Division PPV?, Morley Defends Match, Wolfe's Valet & More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 18, 2010 - 7:08:06 PM

- Jesse Godderz of Big Brother fame was with Dixie Carter at last night's TNA Genesis pay-per-view. Godderz is a body builder and has recently worked a dark match for TNA in hopes of getting in with the company.

- Sean Morley wrote the following on his Facebook about his match at Genesis with Daniels: "Did my first PPV match with TNA in a complete zombie type state. I walked into that ring last night with 36 hours of zero sleep under my belt. Never want to take another red eye before work again. Zero sleep sucks!"

- The valet with Desmond Wolfe at last night's Genesis was a model from Orlando that TNA has used in the past on some shows.

- While not confirmed, early promotional material for TNA's March 21st Destination X hints that the show will be an all X-Division pay-per-view. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-19-2010, 05:16 PM    #159 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

TNA Warns iMPACT Zone Fans About Their Behavior Before Tonight's TV Tapings
By Marc Middleton
Jan 18, 2010 - 6:31:35 PM

Partial source: PWInsider.com

- Before tonight's TNA iMPACT tapings began in Orlando, members of the TNA staff addressed the crowd at the iMPACT Zone about their behavior.

Fans were told not to curse, make obscene gestures or gang signs. The fans were referred to as "cast members" and were basically told they needed to be quiet, according to a fan in attendance.

This is likely another decision made by Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff, who haven't been pleased with some of the reactions from the TNA crowd lately. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-19-2010, 05:16 PM    #160 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2010, 01:52:10 PM »
Eric Bischoff Talks About TNA Taking on WWE, Going Live on Mondays, Hardy & More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 12, 2010 - 3:36:10 AM

- Thanks to Marty Hots for this recap of Eric Bischoff's appearance on Monday Night Mayhem. The show can be listened to at the link below.

Eric Bischoff was on Monday Night Mayhem - Interview
http://www.mondaynightmayhem.com

At 5:52pm PST, Eric Bischoff made his appearance live on this interview.

Bischoff was introduced as negotiating a deal with Hogan to TNA. Host promotes Genesis this Sunday night. Bischoff stayed silent since Monday after the record drawing TNA iMPACT! rating. http://twitter.com/EBischoff was promoted as well.

Bischoff says he feels inadequate with that buildup they did for him. He's sitting with his business partner Jason Hervey at Santa Monica, California.

Host asks how it was like last week on Monday Live at Impact and his expectations leading into the show as well as the same locker room with Ric Flair and Vince Russo.

Bischoff said last week was easy. He says he was working with the folks at TNA since October, working with the creative team, and having a great time in the process. He said it was the result of 2 months of hard and fun work. Backstage, it was a lot of fun. He said as well as the potential conflict and drama, he said it was very amicable, positive, and that everyone was excited to be there. Nothing but a great time and a rewarding experience.

Hosts bring up Hogan and the initial thinking of Hogan being WWE for life. Host brings up the press conference and if Bischoff thought things would go like that so soon. Bischoff said if you said it's July, he'd say no as there was so much distance between the visions of everyone involved. But after a couple of meetings (Nashville at Dixie's home), they knew that the chemistry was right and that it was just a matter of making sure that from their perspective (Bischoff/Hervey Entertainment) that it made sense. The enthusiasm was there, but he wanted to make sure that the business made sense and the same went with TNA.

He said everyone was committed and serious. He said it started in May/June but the negotiations didn't finish in September. After that, they discussed when should they have the press conference - Bischoff said let's do it in Vince McMahon's backyard - Madison Square Garden. MSG thought they were getting a press conference on Hogan's book tour, but they literally surprised everyone by announcing the TNA deal. Bischoff says everyone knows how he works, he likes surprises and pulling the rug underneath from everyone.

They then talked about when do they launch on TV. Jason then said wait a minute, if you're going into a fight, you have to pick it - go to the biggest bully in the bar, smack them, and fight. If they get the chance to just slap the bully and get their attention, then that's great.

A host says they got tons of an questions. He asks who besides AJ Styles does he think stands out on the roster. Eric Bischoff says it's a fair question and a fair one to answer but he's not going to answer it because there's a lot of great talent there and the real truth is until both Hulk and he (more Hulk because he has a great feel for talent and Eric has more of a feel for stories) has a greater grasp of the talent. Eric says they need to spend more time knowing some of the talent there - he says it could be timing because some talent may not have shown much but it doesn't mean they do not have something more to offer. They need to talk to the talent, see how they react, see how committed they are before they get off in terms of saying who they see is the future. He says they'd like to get to know the talent a lot more professionally and personally.

Host talks about paranoia about certain people's jobs being compromised as a result of the talent being brought in. What is Eric's reaction as a result of meeting the TNA talent for the first time and if the paranoia rumors are overstated. Host asks about the Bischoff character saying talent is fighting for their jobs.

Bischoff said Dixie said it weeks ago and they re-iterated it, you can only have so many people on your team and you have to have the best of the best. You can't have 250 people on a football team and the same applies to a wrestling company. This would naturally breed insecurity and paranoia but this is what it is - it is the entertainment business. Everyone is concerned about their spot - at the end of the day those that can do will - and those that can't - don't. One of the things he has learned, he says do not judge people too quickly - get a chance to know them before making a rash decision. He believes not everyone is out there no matter how long they have been there should have seniority/tenure - this is a highly competitive and you're only as good as your last crowd reaction type of a business. He hopes that the talent feels the pressure because that's the business they are in. He says at the same time, they are going to have the opportunity and it's up to them to prove themselves.

Host asks about Jeff Hardy. Bischoff said he had little to do with that other than supporting it. He said he can't comment much of it and even if he could, he wouldn't tell because that would ruin the surprise of it.

Host plugs Genesis and Impact on Thursday/Spike. Host says Spike Execs have publicly said that there is a possibility that TNA can go on Monday Live. Host says Hogan has said it too and that fans want it. Host asks what the likelihood of TNA going head to head with Raw prior or after WrestleMania. Bischoff said if he was a betting man, he wouldn't make that bet because there's too much he does not know. He only bets when there is something he sort of knows of. He knows that Spike is excited, "extremely extremely happy" with the ratings and positive reaction with everybody. Bischoff says when Dixie asked him when Hogan/Eric should have their first show, he didn't even take a breath or swallow it. He said "go head to head with Raw on Monday Night".

Bischoff said wrestling fans love battle/conflict, they love a good guy/bad guy, underdogs. He said TNA is a fraction in terms of infrastructure, staffing of what WCW was in 1991 when he came there as a seasquad talent. Because they are only 7 years old, have a fraction of staff/infrastructure, he said going head to head with Raw is a classic David vs. Goliath and that fans would support as long as they gave a good show. Bischoff said when they proposed it, people at the meeting said "What if we do a terrible rating?". Bischoff said "it doesn't friggin matter". He said as long as you put up a decent fight, went up against the biggest monster, you'll get the respect. That's all it is.

He said TNA doesn't have the machinery/staffing/infrastructure as WWE, they won. He said it wasn't a perfect show, were there good and bad? Were there some parts that made him want to bang his head on the wall repeatedly? Yes. But he said nobody can tell him that their show didn't exceed WWE's show - He said action/excitement they won, but they were not slicker. The fact that they were able to do that made them really proud of them.

If it was up to Eric and he'd have influence, he said he'd go live sooner to take advantage of the momentum. But there are those at Spike that may have different agendas/plans. He said, Hogan/Eric/Dixie's dream may not fit into theirs and only time will tell.

Host asks about Jim Cornette and quotes some of the old guys that talk about stuff that happened 15 years ago, Dixie's limited wrestling knowledge and Cornette saying "dropping a turd" to everything on the table. Host talks about the negative feedback/wheelchair quarterbacking - how will Eric reply?

Eric says he doesn't really know Jim but he met him in 1991. He talked to Terry about him and that Jim has been around for a long time about the psychology of the business. Eric says he doesn't know him so he can respond to what he says on the Internet; that he hasn't said anything positive about anything; that he's famous for "ripping sh*t"; that he's very articulate/cuts a great promo and great at ripping everyone. Eric said Jim hasn't produced anything worth talking about. He takes Jim's opinion with a grain of salt. He said there's going to be haters and you can tear things apart. Some people love the fact that the band is brought back, some people don't. Some people like DX, some think it sucks. You can't please 100% of everyone and the haters get most of the attention. Eric said he doesn't listen because people thought the same thing when he announced Nitro going head to head with Raw. He said he used to listen to it until Nitro blistered WWE's ass. He doesn't live his life based on opinions because a) he's not going to change what he does because of it and b) it really doesn't matter.

Host brings up WCW/WWE's David and Goliath story and compares it to TNA/WWE's situation. Eric says that's a great question and the biggest part they can overcome is the lack of infrastructure/experience. Their biggest advantage in the lack of experience/infrastructure gives them more heart. Eric says he's more creative more than anyone in WWE - he doesn't care. He says more than Vince McMahon and he can take Stephanie McMahon with one arm behind his back. He says he, Jason, and TNA's creative team is better. But they have a long way to go: corporate sponsors, infrastructure, etc - but they have the heart and fight.

Host says there's a lot of guessing about Hulk and Eric's roles with TNA. Eric says he can clear that up but he is not going to. He says right now it's the most fair and honest thing to say that it's a team effort and it's a team effort that both Eric and Hogan are very comfortable with. Any more detail would only provide fodder for people to really create a story where one doesn't exist. He said it's a team effort and one they're really proud of right now.

Host says there are thousands of people going to be listening to this interview or reading the recap. Based on the buzz TNA is receiving (Genesis/Hogan's return to PPV), what would be Eric's message to the talent at TNA that will be on board?

Eric said anyone that believes WWE didn't hotshot the Bret Hart return, he can provide the fans a spot in the swamp. As far as messages go, he says the TNA talent should commit, commit 110%, embrace the fact that you're in a business where you have to push the envelope. You need to believe who you are, your character, and lay in bed at night and think of ways to become a better performer/character/professional because that's what it takes to really succeed in the business. Anyone that thinks that they've been there for 7 years and deserves more, grab a backboard and smack yourself in the head.

Eric says to Linda McMahon - good luck in her candidacy and that he hopes she wins, that he thinks Linda would be a great politician. He says he looks forward to writing a book saying he not only hugged with Vince McMahon, he made out with Linda and Stephanie McMahon. All kidding aside, he says he has respect for Linda/Vince/Stephanie - his comments to them that he knows that they know that they love competition because it's great for the business.

Host says if it's too early to say that we'll see "Monday Night War" once again. Eric says he hopes so. He's not selling them, he doesn't know, but he really hopes. Eric believes TNA can produce a better show and that a live show head to head will create an energy. Not that he thinks but TNA has proved it. Both WWE/TNA and Spike/USA will be better off for it, the talent will benefit for it. His biggest hope would be weekly Monday head to head battle. He says it's not his hands but he can push for it and hope that's the case.

Hosts give Eric/Hogan/TNA staff the best of luck in 2010! Eric says he makes sure Hulk will be on the radio show. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoleoneday 
I don't know why they still insist on pushing him. If he wins his next fight or two, he will be in line for a Fedor fight. He wouldn't show up on TNA for months if he was preparing for that. At least I wouldn't. IMO, Lashley v Fedor would mean pretty big money. Not Brock v Fedor money, but still alot.

I think the people at TNA are thinking they need Bobby Lashley simply for the grand attraction of being Bobby Lashley an he gets a good pay check for having a light work load. All in all he's still living the dream..... 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFGANG 
I think the people at TNA are thinking they need Bobby Lashley simply for the grand attraction of being Bobby Lashley an he gets a good pay check for having a light work load. All in all he's still living the dream.....

Oh, I agree 100% on Lashley's side... Lashley would be stupid if he quit. I just don't see why TNA would commit to pushing him in a program with anyone. He isn't going to be all in with them, especially if he can keep winning in MMA.

The only reason TNA would do this IMO is that they want an MMA star in their ranks, and want to ride his coattails if he keeps winning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoleoneday 
Oh, I agree 100% on Lashley's side... Lashley would be stupid if he quit. I just don't see why TNA would commit to pushing him in a program with anyone. He isn't going to be all in with them, especially if he can keep winning in MMA.

The only reason TNA would do this IMO is that they want an MMA star in their ranks, and want to ride his coattails if he keeps winning.

BoooYaaaa 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-14-2010, 06:04 PM    #137 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Eric Bischoff Says He's Better Than Vince McMahon, Talks Learning from WCW, More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 14, 2010 - 3:04:39 PM

- Alex Marvez of Scripps News has a new interview up with Eric Bischoff. Here are some of the highlights:

Bischoff on why he hooked up with TNA: "It was the combination of a lot of things. Most of all, I like Dixie. She has a lot of integrity and I like to be in business with people like that. Secondly, I saw an opportunity. The way we have our deal structured is great for Bischoff-Hervey Entertainment. And this provided me with a chance to get back into a business I love. I believe a creative person who has a certain feel for this business can change the fortunes of this company in a good way."

Bischoff on learning from WCW: "No matter what people have said or written about me, I know what I accomplished changed the business and had a positive impact. I also made a lot of mistakes and have the scar tissue to prove it. I'm going to try and repeat the good stuff and avoid the bad stuff."

Bischoff on Vince McMahon: "I have a tremendous respect for Vince and, in a perverse way, like him. But at the end of the day, I think I'm better than him. I'm more creative than him and have a better feel for the business. It's just that he happens to be a lot more successful than I am." 
[/b]

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2010, 01:57:29 PM »

Spoiler: How Will TNA's "Major Acquisition" Make His Debut at Tonight's Genesis?
By Marc Middleton
Jan 17, 2010 - 6:41:15 PM

Source: F4Wonline.com

- Sources report that the Bobby Lashley vs. Abyss match will not take place tonight as Abyss will attack Lashley and lay him out before the match.

Ken "Kennedy" Anderson is then set to make his TNA debut in the match against Abyss. Anderson has been confirmed as the "major acquisition."  [/b]

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2010, 01:58:38 PM »

The Pope vs. Desmond Wolfe

We go to the ring where Desmond Wolfe makes his way out first. He's got a new female valet with him. Out next is The Pope and it starts raining money in the iMPACT Zone as he comes out. Desmond's new girl removes his new outer gear before the match starts. The bell rings and here we go.

Both men lock up right off the bat, chain wrestling for a minute, before Pope hits a flying shoulder block. Pope sends Wolfe into the corner, but he eats an elbow. Wolfe hits a headstand mule kick. Pope tries for his big elbow drop in the corner, but Wolfe shoves him off to the outside. Pope locks up Desmond into a crazy rope assisted Boston crab, which he follows up with a middle rope fist drop. Pope tries for the pin but he only gets two.

Pope and Wolfe fight to the floor where Wolfe lands a blow to Pope's knee. Back in the ring, Wolfe hits a throat chop before hitting a snap mare into the ropes. Wolfe hits another snap mare into the ropes before locking in a single leg Boston crab. Pope struggles and is able to make it to the ropes to force a break. Wolve utilizes a crazy submission move, using one of Pope's legs to put pressure on the other. Wolfe hits a drop toe hold which works right into a bridging leg lock.

Wolfe continues to work over the knee, wrenching away at it. Pope kicks away at Wolfe, but Wolfe just locks up his other leg and goes to work with a modified STF. Pope is able to make it to the ropes and break the hold.

Wolfe hits another throat chop in the corner, before choking Pope and dropkicking him in the leg. Wolfe hits a European uppercut, but Pope fights back with a couple of big slaps. It doesn't last long though as Wolfe comes back with a big forearm to Pope's face. Wolfe places Pope on the top turnbuckle, and he tries for the Tower of London, but Pope fights out and is able to surprise Wolfe with an STO. Pope hits a crazy suplex DDT, but it's only good for a two count.

Wolfe sends Pope into the corner, bends him back and hits a big clothesline across the chest. Wolfe wraps Pope's leg in the rope and he bends him back against the ring post, but it doesn't last long as the ref forces him to break the hold. Wolfe threatens the ref, then turns right around into a spinebuster from Pope.

Pope hits a big slap to Wolfe's face, but Wolfe twists his arm and slams him down to the mat. Wolfe tries for another single leg crab, but Pope turns it into a small package, that's only good for two. Pope tries for a backslide, but when he can't get it, he backflips over Wolfe and tries for another small package, but he can't hold Wolfe down. Wolfe hits a spinning back elbow, and he backs Pope up into the corner. Wolfe tries for a back splash, but Pope avoids it and hits a rope assisted neck breaker that's good for two. Wolfe tries for another headstand mule kick, but Pope catches him and hits a sit-out Alabama slammer, good for another near fall. Pope pulls his kneepads down, but when he tries for the double knees. Wolfe hits a huge lariat. Wolfe pins Pope, and this one is over.

Winner: Desmond Wolfe

- Tenay and Taz run down tonight's events so far. We go backstage with Jeremy Borash. Eric Bischoff walks up and cuts him off. Bischoff asks him what he's doing and he says his job. Eric says this is no longer JB's job. Bischoff says until further notice, he's taking Borash off TV. Christy Hemme walks up and Bischoff hands her the mic. Ric Flair walks up and stares down Bischoff. He walks off. Hemme asks Flair what his role in TNA is going to be. Flair says when he's ready to say, he will. Flair puts himself over, yells a Whooo and walks off.

Beer Money vs. Kevin Nash and Sean Waltman

We get a video showing the events leading up to The Band vs. Beer Money. Out first comes the team of Kevin Nash and Sean Waltman, who will be replacing Scott Hall tonight. Beer Money is out next and they're ready to fight. Storm and Waltman are starting things off as we get the bell.

Storm pokes Waltman in the eye to start things off, following it up with a hip toss and an arm drag. Storm hits a beautiful neckbreaker, but it's only good for a two count. Storm tags in Roode, and BMI double team Waltman. Waltman rakes Roode's eyes and tags in Nash, who comes in and goes to work on Roode, hitting a couple of big elbows and choking him against the ropes.

Roode fights back with a couple of chops, and a clothesline, but his clothesline has no effect on Nash. Roode drops a clothesline from Nash and takes him down with a flying shoulder block. Roode makes the tag to Storm, who comes in and assists with the wishbone before hitting a drop toe hold, sending Waltman head first into Nash's crotch. Storm is distracted by Waltman, and he walks right into a clothesline from Nash.

Waltman tags in and hits a quick running leg drop, before hitting a big spin kick. Nash tags in and hits a couple of big knees to Storm's midsection in the corner. Nash chokes Storm with his boot, before tagging back out to Waltman. Waltman hits Storm with a series of knees in the corner, and he distracts the ref, allowing Nash to hit a couple of cheap shots. Nash tags back in and hits a big clothesline in the corner, before Waltman follows up with a bronco buster.

Nash hits a side walk slam, but Roode is in to break up the pin attempt. Nash hits a couple of terrible looking elbows in the corner before tagging out again to Waltman. Waltman tries for another bronco buster, but Storm moves and Waltman connects with the bottom turnbuckle instead. Nash comes in to prevent Storm from making the tag. Nash tries for a big elbow, but Storm moves and hits a codebreaker. Waltman tags in, but he can't stop Storm from making the tag. Roode comes in and cleans house on Waltman with a couple of clotheslines and a back body drop. Roode fights off Nash, before hitting a spinebuster on Waltman, but Nash is there to break it up.

BMI hit a double suplex on Waltman, before getting the crowd amped up with their 'Beer Money' schtick. Hall is out on the ramp to distract BMI. BMI turn around right into a double clothesline from Nash. Nash hits a chokeslam on Roode, but it's only good for a two count. Hall attacks a fan at ringside, and Waltman tries to break it up. BMI hit a superkick into a pinning predicament on Nash. Roode makes the pin, and this one is over.

Winners: Beer Money

- After the match, Waltman and Hall try to help Nash up but he's pissed off.

- We go backstage with Hogan and Bischoff watching what just happened on a monitor. Hogan isn't happy. He says he has a full plate tonight but will call The Band out on iMPACT this week. Bischoff tells Hogan he was brilliant on the whole Abyss situation. We go to the ring.

Ken Anderson vs. Abyss

We go to the ring where Abyss makes his way out. Ken Anderson comes out to a nice entrance. His microphone drops from the ceiling. He says he's just crossed the line. He talks about reading everyone's Twitters and Facebooks and here he is. Kennedy begins his big introduction on the mic and stops in the middle of Mr.... He continues with Mr.... Ke... Mr.... Anderson... ANDERSON! Kennedy heads to the ring for his match with Abyss.

Anderson tries for a handshake at the beginning of the match, and when Abyss goes for it, Anderson slaps him. Abyss slaps him right back, sending him to the mat. Abyss is able to send Anderson to the mat again with a shoulderblock and Anderson looks amused. Anderson kicks at Abyss' leg, and he goes to work with a couple of strikes, but he walks right into a chop from Abyss. Abyss charges Anderson in the corner, but he eats a boot. Anderson tries to go up top, but Abyss blocks it. Anderson grabs Abyss' arm and yanks it down across the top rope.

Anderson continues to work over Abyss' arm before hitting a chop block to his knee. Anderson hits a running kick to Abyss' face, sending him to the outside. Anderson follows, slamming Abyss' arm into the ring apron, and then the ring steps next to the entrance ramp. Anderson wraps Abyss' arm around the steel ring post and wrenches away. Anderson grabs a chair from the front row, but Abyss kicks it away and goes to work with a couple of big right hands. Back in the ring, Anderson surprises Abyss with a kick and sends him head first into the turnbuckle.

Anderson locks in a hammerlock, sending Abyss shoulder first into the turnbuckle. Anderson tries for a quick roll up, but he can only get two. Anderson continues to work over Abyss' arm with an arm bar, but Abyss fights his way out, sending Anderson to the mat with a shoulder block. Abyss hurts himself though, and Anderson comes back with a single arm DDT that's good for a near fall. Anderson locks in a modified top wrist lock, but Abyss is able to fight out again, this time backing Anderson into the corner and taking him over with a judo hip toss. Abyss charges Anderson, but he ends up running into a boot. Anderson comes back, but walks into a big boot himself.

Abyss connects with a big splash in the corner, and a side slam, but Anderson is able to kick out at two. Abyss signals for the chokeslam, but Anderson is able to fight him off with a kick. Abyss goes for the shock treatment, but Anderson fights out and hits a hangman's neckbreaker.

Anderson tries to comes off the top rope on Abyss, but he ends up caught in a chokeslam that's good for a two count. Both men are back up on their feet. Anderson ducks a punch from Abyss and hits him with one of his own. Abyss tries for the shock treatment, and he's able to connect this time, but he still can't keep Anderson down for a three count. Abyss goes to the outside, where he grabs a chair. Anderson grabs brass knuckles out of his trunks, and while the ref pulls the chair away from Abyss and disposes of it, Anderson hits Abyss with the knucks. Anderson makes the pin, and this one is over. After the announcer declares Anderson the winner, he takes the mic and announces himself again as the winner.

Winner: Ken Anderson

- We go to a long video package hyping tonight's Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles match, with comments from both of them and Hulk Hogan. Tenay and Taz do the tale of the tape and focal points for this match. We go to the ring. This is Angle's last shot at AJ's World Title in 2010.

TNA World Heavyweight Title Match: Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles

We see Kurt Angle backstage heading to the arena. His music hits and out he comes to a nice pop from the crowd. Out next is the TNA World Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles to a nice reaction from the crowd. Thankfully we get no formal ring introductions from Jeremy Borash tonight. The bell rings and here we go.

Both men lock up and Angle backs AJ up into the corner where we get a clean break. Angle takes AJ down with an arm bar, but Styles fights out and locks in an arm bar of his own. Angle gets to the ropes, and the crowd is hot, with dueling chants. AJ locks in a keylock, but Angle is able to reverse. AJ and Angle continue to chain wrestler, trading holds.

Angle sends AJ to the ring apron with a shoulderblock. AJ sends Angle to the outside with a shoulderblock of his own. Angle tries for a German suplex, but AJ backflips out. We get some crazy chain wrestling that's great, but too fast for my fingers to keep up. Angle and AJ lock up in a test of strength, and Angle gets the advantage of the bat. AJ is able to roll through and put the pressure on Angle's hands, but Angle makes it to the ropes to force a break. AJ ducks and dives over and under Angle before hitting a beautiful dropkick.

Styles locks in a rear chin lock, but Angle fights up to his feet. Styles hits a couple of elbows to the back of Angle's neck. AJ rocks Angle with a forearm in the corner before following up with a big chop. Styles his a backbreaker that's good for a two count. AJ goes right back into the rear chin lock, but Angle fights out again, though he quickly falls victim to an elbow that sends him to the floor. AJ jumps to the ring apron, but his feet are taken out from under him by Angle. Angle follows up with a vicious dropkick.

Back in the ring, Angle hits a snap suplex, and he follows up with a seated bear hug. AJ is able to make his way to his feet and elbow Angle in the face, breaking the hold, but Angle comes right back with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker that's good for a near fall. Angle slams AJ into the corner, and then chokes away at him. Angle picks AJ up and slams him down to the mat, but he still can't keep AJ down for a three. Angle locks in a bodyscissors.

Angle turns the submission into a rear chin lock, but AJ fights back up to his feet, working his way out of the submission. AJ ducks a clothesline from Angle and hits him with back to back clotheslines and a kick to the chest. AJ tries for a clothesline, but Angle ducks it and retaliates with a German suplex.

Angle stomps away at AJ in the corner, before dragging him out and hitting a side backbreaker. Angle locks in another rear chin lock, burying his knee in AJ's back for extra pressure. AJ is able to fight back, with chops and forearms. Both men go for a cross body block, and both men are down.

Both men are back to their feet by a nine count, and Ric Flair is out on the entrance ramp, making his way down toward the ring. Angle and AJ trade blows in the middle of the ring, with Angle getting the advantage. Angle charges AJ in the corner, but AJ sends him to the ring apron, and a forearm sends him to the floor. AJ charges Angle and launches himself over the rope with a front flip dive, and Kurt's knee looks to be in bad shape.

Back in the ring, AJ hits a crazy neckbreaker from the fireman's carry position, before connecting with the springboard flying forearm. Styles tries for the Styles Clash, but Angle reverses out with a back body drop. Angle hits three German suplexes in a row, and he tries for the Angle slam, but AJ counters with an arm drag. Angle hits another vicious German suplex that's good for a near fall.

Angle tries for another Angle slam, but AJ reverses out and comes back with a Pele kick that's good for a two count. AJ tries for the Styles Clash again, but Angle backs him up into the corner and buries his shoulder in AJ's stomach. AJ tries to hit Angle with a splash, but Angle ducks a blasts AJ with a huge lariat that's good for a near fall. Angle goes for the ankle lock, but AJ fights it off and connects with a lariat of his own.

AJ picks Angle up and takes him to the corner, where he hits a big forearm. AJ pounds away at Kurt in the corner, but Angle ducks out and sends AJ into the corner with a huge belly to belly suplex that's good for two. Angle puts AJ on the top turnbuckle, but Styles fights out, and launches himself off the middle rope, connecting with a hurricarana. Styles goes for the springboard 450, but Angle moves. Angle hits the Angle slam, but it's still not good enough to keep AJ down for three. Angle goes up to the top rope and tries for a moonsault, but AJ is able to get out of the way and both men are down.

AJ is back to his feet first, and he tries for the Styles Clash, but Angle turns it around into an ankle lock. AJ tries for the ropes, but Angle pulls him back to the middle of the ring. AJ turns it over and kicks away at Kurt, causing him to break the hold. AJ goes out to the canvas, and launches himself back in the ring with a springboard crossbody. AJ sets Angle up in the corner, and he tries for a top rope Styles Clash, but Angle fights out. AJ jumps off the turnbuckle, but Angle catches him with a Styles Clash of his own, but AJ kicks out at two!

Angle tries for another Angle slam, but Styles reverses it into a DDT. Angle charges AJ in the corner, but AJ moves and Angle connects with the steel ring post. AJ is right there to hit an Angle slam, but it's not good enough for a three count. Styles goes to the top, but Angle pops up and connects with an Angle slam from the top rope, but AJ is still able to kick out!

Angle pulls down the straps and goes right into the ankle lock. AJ tries for the ropes, but Angle won't let him touch them. AJ tries to kick him away, but Angle will not let go. Angle grapevines the leg, and AJ taps, but Flair pulls the ref out of the ring!

Angle stares down Flair, and he chases him around and through the ring, but he walks right into a clothesline from AJ. Flair slides the TNA Championship into the ring at AJ's feet and tells him 'now'. AJ turns around and blasts Angle with the title belt. Flair throws the ref back into the ring, and Hebner makes the three count.

Winner: AJ Styles

Flair is in the ring with the TNA title to celebrate with AJ. Styles says it's all about him, and Ric Flair. Flair raises Styles' hand, and this looks to be the beginning of a heel turn for AJ.

Styles celebrates with Flair and his title to end the show.  
         [/b]

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2010, 02:00:09 PM »
TNA Genesis PPV Results 1/17/10
By Marc Middleton
Jan 17, 2010 - 7:06:35 PM

- Tonight's TNA Genesis pay-per-view kicks off with a video package with several TNA stars talking about aspiring to be the best in the world since they were young. It has a "dream" theme to it. The pyro explodes and we go to the iMPACT Zone where we see the four-sided ring. Mike Tenay calls this the first pay-per-view in the Hogan/Bischoff era and welcomes us to Genesis. We go to the ring.

- Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff make their way out to the ring to a nice reaction from the crowd. A big "Hogan" chant breaks out. Hogan welcomes us to Genesis and there's Brooke Hogan in the crowd. Hogan welcomes us to the brand new iMPACT Zone and that gets a mixed reaction. A big "we want six sides" chant breaks out. Hogan says you had six sides and it only got you so far. The crowd boo's at this. Hogan rips on the six side ring and the crowd is hating it. Hogan puts over TNA, trying to get the fans back and takes a shot at Vince McMahon. Bischoff takes the mic and says it's quite obvious that nobody likes change but that's what they are all about. More boo's from the crowd. Bischoff says get used to change because there's a lot more coming. Hogan ends it with: "what ya gonna do Vince McMahon, now that we're coming after you?" The music hits again and Hogan & Bischoff head to the back, slapping hands with the fans.

X Division Title Match: Amazing Red vs. Brian Kendrick

We go to the ring again where the TNA X Division Champion Amazing Red makes his way out. Out next is his mystery partner and it's... Brian Kendrick, to a nice pop. Kendrick is wearing what looks like the same gear he wore in WWE. The crowd starts chanting Kendrick's name. He's got a weird classical music theme. The bell rings and here we go.

Kendrick starts things out with a kick, but Red avoids it. Kendrick takes Red down into an arm bar, but Red is able to work out into a hammerlock. Kendrick rolls through to break the hold. Both men lock up and Red ends up in yet another arm bar, courtesy of Kendrick. Kendrick changes it up into a camel clutch while hitting a couple of cross face blows on Red. Red fights up to his feet and both men jockey for position.

Kendrick kicks Red in the head, sending him outside and into the barricade. Brooke Hogan is sitting ringside, urging on Red. Kendrick follows to the outside where he kicks away at Red's leg. Back in the ring and Kendrick continues to work over Red's leg with a stiff kick and a leg bar.

Kendrick hits a running kick to Red's knee before choking away at him in the corner. Kendrick wraps Red's leg up in the ropes, just wrenching away at his knee. Kendrick locks in a modified half crab, but Red makes it to the ropes, forcing him to break the hold. Kendrick continues his assault on Red's knee, hanging it up in the ropes and kicking away. Kendrick climbs up to the second rope, but Red hits a beautiful spinning kick sending Kendrick to the floor. Red follows out with a front flip senton from the top rope out to the floor and on top of Kendrick.

Red sends Kendrick back into the ring and goes up top for a shotgun missile dropkick, Red tries for the cover but Kendrick kicks out at two. Kendrick sends Red into the corner, but he eats Red's boot twice. Red goes for a cross body, but Kendrick ducks and locks in another modified single leg Boston crab. Kendrick modifies the hold again into a modified STF with a couple of headbutts for good measure. Red rolls over into the ropes, forcing a break.

Red hits an enzugiri out of nowhere, which he follows up with a dropkick to Kendrick's back. Red ducks a clothesline, and comes through with a hurricarana. Red goes for the cover again, but Kendrick grabs the ropes at two, stopping the count. Kendrick holds onto the ropes while Red tries to yank him off. The ref backs Red off and Red eats a kick to the face from Kendrick that's good for a near fall. Kendrick shows his frustration, kicking at Red and sending him to the outside. Red hits a springboard into the Code Red out of nowhere, he pins Kendrick and gets the three count.

Winner: Amazing Red

- We go backstage with Scott Hall, Sean Waltman, Kevin Nash, Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan. He thanks them for making the save last week. Bischoff mentions Hall and Waltman aren't under contract. Hogan says everything is moving fast and it's time to get real. Hogan tells them this is their one shot, make it happen because there might not be another. Hogan and Eric walk off. Hall talks about how he needs this tonight, he needs to earn his money. Waltman asks what about him. They fight over who is teaming with Nash tonight. Nash walks off and Pac and Hall play paper, rock, scissors to decide who teams. Waltman wins.

Sean Morley vs. Daniels

We go to the ring where Sean Morley makes his way out. He stops by and gives Brooke Hogan something. A "we want wrestling" chant breaks out. Morley cuts a promo on Daniels and says tonight he presents his first feature film. Daniels comes out and takes the mic. The crowd starts getting behind him and he tells them to shut up. Daniels threatens to slap several fans. They finally start going at it and the bell rings.

Daniels bails to the outside immediately, forcing Morley to follow him. Morley tries to suplex Daniels into the ring, but Daniels counters and responds with a couple of quick strikes, Morley comes back with a couple of running knees to the midsection before hitting a Russian leg sweep. Morley hits Daniels in the ribs several times, focusing his attack. Morley hits a pumphandle gut buster that sends Daniels to the apron. Morley bends Daniels against the ropes before hitting Daniels in the ribs, but on the second attempt, Daniels hangs Morley up on the top rope.

Daniels locks in a modified triangle choke, but Morley gets to the ropes to force a break of the hold. Daniels hits a huge chop, and a palm thrust to the throat. Daniels hits a bulldog, hanging Morley up on the top rope, before he locks in a modified octopus and hitting a fall away kick to Morley's head. Daniels hits a springboard moonsault, but it's only good for two. Daniels chokes Morley on the middle rope, continually going back to it, no matter what the ref says. Daniels hits a kick to Morley's chest. Morley begins to fight back with a couple of right hands and Morley begins to build momentum.

Morley suplexes Daniels onto the top rope before hitting a modified sit out powerbomb that's only good for two. Morley hits a double underhook butterfly suplex, but when he goes for a clothesline, Daniels ducks, hits an STO, and locks in the koji clutch.

Morley turns the submission into a pin, forcing Daniels to break the hold. Daniels hits an enzugiri, and another STO, but it's only good for a near fall. Daniels hits a rock bottom, but when he goes for the BME, Morley rolls out of the way. Morley connects with a half nelson suplex before he goes to the top himself. Daniels stops Morley, crotching him on the top rope. Daniels tries for a top rope hurricarana, but Morley swats him away. Morley hits the Money Shot, and gets the three count.

Winner: Sean Morley

2 out of 3 Falls TNA Knockouts Title Match: ODB vs. Tara

We get a promo video showing the events leading to this match. Tenay runs down the feud before Tara makes her way out first followed by the Knockouts Champion ODB. They square off before the bell and here we go.

Both women gets in each others faces at the outset of the match, pulling at each others hair and the ref is forced to break it up. Tara hits a big spear and starts wailing away at ODB. Tara works on ODB's arm with an arm scissors, before walking over ODB's stomach and hitting a standing moonsault. Tara clubs away at ODB's back. Both women trade blows in the middle of the ring, Tara hitting some nasty chops. Tara ducks a forearms and hits a series of kicks to ODB's midsection, before hitting a jumping knee to ODB's face. Tara hits a slingshot legdrop, but it's only good for two.

Tara ducks a clothesline and ODB catches her when she tries for a cross body. ODB hits a fall away slam. Tara surprises ODB with a small package that's good for a three count.

Winner of the first fall: Tara

ODB attacks Tara during the rest period, and when the bell rings she slams her into the turnbuckle. ODB chokes Tara with her boot in the corner. ODB continues to choke Tara, this time on the middle rope. ODB charges Tara in the corner, but she eats an elbow and finds herself locked in the tarantula. Tara falls to the apron, where a baseball slide from ODB sends her to the floor. ODB follows out, and hangs Tara up on the ring apron, dropping her from a fireman's carry position. ODB jaws with Brooke Hogan for a minute before heading back into the ring.

ODB brings Tara back into the ring by her hair before she locks in a body scissors. ODB rolls Tara into pinning position, but Tara kicks out and it's right back to the body scissors. Tara reaches for the ropes, but ODB pulls her right back into the middle by her hair, prompting the ref to break the hold. ODB locks in another body scissors, adding a rear choke this time.

ODB breaks the hold, picks Tara up and hits a running powerslam. ODB keeps checking her pulse. Tara is able to surprise ODB out of nowhere with a Widow's peak. She pins ODB, winning her second straight fall and the match.

Winner and New TNA Knockouts Champion: Tara

- We go backstage with Christy Hemme and The Pope. He says he heard there's a party tonight. Pope cuts a promo on Desmond Wolfe, talking about their match tonight.

TNA World Tag Team Title Match: Hernandez & Matt Morgan vs. The British Invasion

We get the tale of the tape for tonight's TNA World Tag Team Title match before the team of Hernandez and Matt Morgan make their way out. Out next comes TNA's Tag Team Champions, The British Invasion. Brutus and Morgan start the match off.

Morgan uses his power early, shoving Magnus to the mat. Magnus locks in a headlock, but Morgan fights out and sends him back down to the mat with a shoulder block. Magnus bails to the outside for a bit. When he gets back in, Morgan tries for a chokeslam, but Magnus pokes his eye and tags out of Williams. BI looks to double team Morgan, but Hernandez is in to make the save and send both men to the floor. Hernandez tags in, and he and Williams go at it, with Williams hitting a couple of European uppercuts and a high knee, but when he tries for a suplex, Hernandez gets him up instead. Williams reverses out, but he falls victim to a back body drop, and a big splash in the corner.

Hernandez tries for a powerbomb, but Magnus comes in a clips his knee to prevent it. Williams picks up Hernandez and slams his head into the corner before kicking away at Hernandez's legs. Hernandez flips himself up to the top turnbuckle, but Williams is there, trying for a superplex. Magnus attacks Morgan, causing the distraction, and BI hit a double superplex on Hernandez. BI double team Hernandez after Magnus tags in.

Magnus locks in a sleeper, but Hernandez fights out of it. Williams catches Hernandez with a knee as he comes off the ropes, and Magnus goes right into an abdominal stratch (assisted of course, by Williams). The ref catches the assist and forces a break. Hernandez comes right back, hitting a crazy gut wrench suplex. Both men make the tag to their partners, and Morgan comes in to clean house. Morgan hits rapid fire elbows on Williams, before he picks him up by the back of the neck and slams him into the top turnbuckle.

All four men are in the ring and things are breaking down quickly. Morgan hits a big clothesline on Magnus and all four men are down. Morgan and Williams are left in the ring, where Williams hits a couple of forearms, but quickly falls victim to a chokeslam. Morgan goes for the cover but it's only good for two. BI double team Morgan again, this time with a big boot into a German suplex, but again it's only good for a near fall. Morgan fights off another double team, splashing Magnus in the corner, and slamming Williams into the ring from the top turnbuckle. Hernandez hits a big slam on Magnus and Morgan follows up with the Carbon footprint. Morgan goes for the pin, and that's it.

Winners and New TNA Tag Team Champions: Matt Morgan and Hernandez

- We go backstage where Bobby Lashley is in Eric Bischoff's office. Abyss lays out Lashley. Bischoff freaks out and says Abyss just ruined tonight's semi-main event. Hulk Hogan walks in, sends Bischoff out and has a talk with Abyss. Hogan says he feels crazy tonight. Hogan promises Abyss will have a match tonight. Hogan won't tell him who his opponent is but tells Abyss to bring his best game tonight and earn his shot.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2010, 02:03:17 PM »
By the way,Eric Jerkoff is a piece of shit on the shoe of Paul Heyman.He sucks! 

billy mimnaugh
View Public Profile
Send a private message to billy mimnaugh
Find More Posts by billy mimnaugh
Add billy mimnaugh to Your Contacts

01-15-2010, 04:49 PM    #142 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Hogan & Dixie Carter Meet With Spike TV President, Maria's Life After WWE
By Michael Bluth
Jan 15, 2010 - 2:22:00 PM

– WWE Diva Maria tells the U.K. Sun that he’s already looking to pursue other opportunities beyond WWE so she can settle down and start a family. “I’m starting to do other things and it’s partially because one day I want to be a mom and I want to get married and you can’t really do that when you’re on the road,” Maria told Sky Sports News on a U.K. promotional tour this week. “So I’ve got to find a job that will allow me to do that.”

Maria, who will appear with former WWE & WCW champion Bill Goldberg on the upcoming “Celebrity Apprentice” show hosted by Donald Trump, is following in the footsteps of Mickie James and is also releasing an album this spring. “I’ve been with WWE for five years, so I don’t know when is going to be the end,” she said. “But I am looking at outside projects right now and doing other things..”

-- TNA president Dixie Carter posted a message on Twitter stating that she and Hulk Hogan met with Spike TV president Kevin Kay on Thursday night. Carter wrote:

“In LA for the TV Critics Conference. Just got back from dinner w/Hogan & Kevin Kay Pres. of Spike. Very exciting talks. Stay tuned.”

In an interview that took place prior to TNA’s live Monday special on January 4th, Spike TV president Kevin Kay said the network was willing to move iMPACT! to Monday nights on a permanent basis if that show was successful – which it was. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-15-2010, 04:55 PM    #143 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Final Card for Sunday's TNA Genesis Pay-Per-View with a Few Surprises
By Marc Middleton
Jan 14, 2010 - 11:53:59 PM

- Below is the final card for this Sunday's TNA Genesis pay-per-view. TNA has confirmed that a "major acquisition" will make his debut at the show.

TNA World Heavyweight Title Match
Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles
Angle's Last Shot at AJ's World Title in 2010

TNA World Tag Team Title Match
Matt Morgan & Hernandez vs. The British Invasion

TNA Knockouts Title Match
Tara vs. ODB
Best of 3 Falls

TNA X Division Title Match
Amazing Red vs. Opponent to be Announced That Night

Scott Hall & Kevin Nash vs. Beer Money

Bobby Lashley vs. Abyss

Sean Morley vs. Daniels

Desmond Wolfe vs. The Pope 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-15-2010, 04:59 PM    #144 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Date for TNA's Next Live Monday iMPACT, Who Helped Sign Hogan & Bischoff, More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 14, 2010 - 7:45:52 PM

- Spike TV played a big part in TNA bringing Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff in. Spike reportedly earmarked money and helped out with the contracts as they have done in the past with other major TNA signings such as Mick Foley. Kevin Kay and Brian Diamond of Spike are long-term looking to use Hulk Hogan to challenge RAW on Monday nights.

- Right now the next live Monday iMPACT looks to happen on March 1st or March 8th. Regarding going live permanently, everyone expects it to happen and the feeling is that they should go live when the new guys are fresh and the company has some momentum. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-16-2010, 04:47 PM    #145 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

TNA on their way back to the UK
By Stephen Ashfield
Jan 16, 2010 - 2:32:31 PM

Stephen Ashfield (mageditoruk@googlemail.com)
www.piledriver-online.co.uk and www.thewrestlingpress.co m

The weather may be freezing in the UK at present but the temperature will be soaring next week as TNA return to England and Scotland for the Maximum Impact Tour. With a series of main events including ladder match, Ultimate X and an “I Quit” match, the UK looks set for more dramatic action to follow up from last year’s successful tour. The new year has already seen big changes in TNA with the debut of Hulk Hogan and a host of other top performers including former WWE champion Jeff Hardy and the legendary Ric Flair. However, while the company plan the next stage of their bid to increase TV ratings, they know full well that becoming known internationally is just as important. WWE owe a great deal of their profits to the finances made from overseas tours and that’s a success TNA must aim to replicate.

The UK is certainly one of the areas in which they’ve managed to build a strong fan base and that was before The British Invasion and Desmond Wolfe were added to the roster. 2009 saw TNA pull in some great crowds, in fact some of the highest the company had ever drawn. Now they’re on their way back with shows at the Braehead Arena in Glasgow on the 23rd, the Bournemouth International Centre on the 26th, the Cardiff International Arena the following night, the Sky Dome in Coventry on the 28th, the Manchester Evening News Arena on the 29th and finally the Wembley Arena in London on the 30th.

All the shows start at 7,30pm, for full details and booking Info go to www.gigsandtours.com, www.ticketmaster.co.uk or call the 24hr hotline on 0871 2200 260/0871230 6230. For more info about TNA go to www,tnawrestling.com

In Glasgow the main event sees Team 3D take on Beer Money and the team of Hernandez and Matt Morgan (who could be tag champions by the time they arrive in London if they win the belts at ‘Genesis’) in a Tag Team Tables Match. It’s a battle of the toughest in Bournemouth as Samoa Joe takes on Bobby Lashley in an “I Quit” match while in Cardiff the feud between current tag champions The British Invasion and Beer Money continues.

The British Invasion top the bill again in Coventry in an eight-man Gauntlet Match as they join up with Eric Young from the World Elite to take on Beer Money and The Motor City Machine Guns. The main event in Manchester is destined to be an absolute classic that would top the bill in any TNA PPV. Current TNA World Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles faces Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe and Daniels in a four-man ladder match that isn’t to be missed. The tour ends in London with a main event that’s definitely not for the faint hearted as Amazing Red faces D’Angelo Dinero, Chris Sabin, Suicide, Daniels and Alex Shelley in an Ultimate X match.

Last year I had the chance to chat to Abyss (aka Chris Parks) about the 2010 TNA UK tour. He’s no stranger to the UK making many an appearance for 1PW over the past four years so he knows exactly what the UK fans are like. “It’s fantastic, the fans are so electric, they’re fun to be around and very endearing you know, it’s a great place to come to.”

That’s something he experienced to a higher level when TNA came over to the UK in early 2009,. The company appeared in front of more fans than at any time in their history and Abyss absolutely adored it. “Wrestling is really big in the States, very popular with the fans. Coming over to the UK is something we want to do. The atmosphere is electric, crazy and it’s so much fun to perform in. There’s so much reaction and they’re so endearing to us. It makes us perform better and really motivates us.”

Abyss knows full well that this coming tour of the UK is vital to TNA. "The UK market is such an important market and it’s a gateway and a number one market to capture. Wrestling in front of fans who are crazy about wrestling, it’s an important market to be successful in. It’s a huge part in our attempt to be recognized worldwide.”

Abyss has been a part of TNA almost from the start so he’s ideally placed to look back at the history of the company and the success achieved to date means a great deal to him. “It’s something I’m most proud of having been there close to the beginning and seen the company grow. The guys who have been there since the beginning like myself, Jeff Jarrett who started it of course, Jack Storm, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels and Robert Roode. From the days we worked Wednesdays and we weren’t even on television but on PPV to our partnership with Spike TV, the merchandise, the action figures and the DVDs. All stuff we were hoping for at the beginning and to see it happen, to be part of it is so important. I had high hopes and to be able to say I was part of it and the group has done so much in seven years and I think we can achieve even more in the next seven years.”

So the clock is counting down to January when TNA return to our shores. Here’s what we can expect in six months time. “Get ready for an action packed night, It’s what TNA stands for Total Non-stop Action. Anything can happen, whether it’s the TNA Knockouts, the X-Division, the Heavyweights or the Legends.”

Stephen Ashfield (mageditoruk@googlemail.com)
www.piledriver-online.co.uk and www.thewrestlingpress.co m