Author Topic: TNA News:  (Read 159731 times)

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
Re: TNA...Hogan...New Monday Night Wars...Updates:
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2010, 02:04:14 PM »
Bobby Lashley Talks About Fighting Fedor In 2010 (MMA)
By Michael Bluth
Jan 14, 2010 - 2:00:38 PM

Heavyweight fighter Bobby Lashley (4-0) says he wants to continue climbing the ranks in Strikeforce and is not rushing into a fight against Fedor Emelianenko. While Brock Lesnar was virtually rushed into a title fight in the UFC, Lashley tells SunSentionel.com that he wants to continue his slow build and get a few more wins under his belt before the fight of his life:

“When the fight comes with Fedor, which is going to be two, maybe three fights away, I will be definitely ready for him. It’s hard for me because when Brock (Lesnar) came in [to the UFC] Brock fought for the title after his second fight and everybody was [upset] about that. So I take a step back and say, ‘I’m going to take a different route.’ And I take my time and I have fights and everybody is like, ‘Why doesn’t Bobby fight Fedor?’ You can’t win for losing. There’s nothing I can do so I figure I’m going to do it the right way, and the way I know is the right way, and work my way up. I guarantee you I’m going to give the fans what they want. I’m going to be on this guy like he’s never seen before. So I’ll definitely put on a great show.”

Lashley makes his Strikeforce debut at the Strikeforce: Miami Showtime event on January 30th against Yohan Banks (2-1). He is also scheduled to fight on the April CBS card with no opponent named at this time. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile
Send a private message to WOLFGANG
Find More Posts by WOLFGANG
Add WOLFGANG to Your Contacts

01-14-2010, 06:06 PM    #139 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TNA's Plans for Waltman, Hall & Hogan in Noticeable Pain, Hall Pushing for Sid
By Marc Middleton
Jan 14, 2010 - 3:50:16 AM

Source: Prowrestling.net

- Scott Hall has been pushing TNA officials to sign his friend "Psycho" Sid Vicious.

- Speaking of Hall, both he and Hulk Hogan was reportedly in noticeable pain after last Tuesday's iMPACT tapings. Hall was said to be in rough shape physically and was having a hard time getting around after the show. Some were surprised that Hogan was able to jog backstage at the end of Monday's show because he was struggling to get around backstage so much.

- As noted before, Sean Waltman had some heat on him after showing up late to the iMPACT tapings last Tuesday. Apparently the excuse that Waltman gave to officials was that he had been battling the stomach flu on Monday. Many were skeptical about Waltman's excuse because of his track record but word is that TNA officials are giving him the benefit of the doubt.

For what it's worth, TNA is counting on Waltman to take the majority of bumps for Scott Hall and Kevin Nash. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-15-2010, 09:27 AM    #140 
swoleoneday
GYM RAT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFGANG 
I found this just for you swoleoneday

Bobby Lashley Talks About Fighting Fedor In 2010 (MMA)
By Michael Bluth
Jan 14, 2010 - 2:00:38 PM

Heavyweight fighter Bobby Lashley (4-0) says he wants to continue climbing the ranks in Strikeforce and is not rushing into a fight against Fedor Emelianenko. While Brock Lesnar was virtually rushed into a title fight in the UFC, Lashley tells SunSentionel.com that he wants to continue his slow build and get a few more wins under his belt before the fight of his life:

“When the fight comes with Fedor, which is going to be two, maybe three fights away, I will be definitely ready for him. It’s hard for me because when Brock (Lesnar) came in [to the UFC] Brock fought for the title after his second fight and everybody was [upset] about that. So I take a step back and say, ‘I’m going to take a different route.’ And I take my time and I have fights and everybody is like, ‘Why doesn’t Bobby fight Fedor?’ You can’t win for losing. There’s nothing I can do so I figure I’m going to do it the right way, and the way I know is the right way, and work my way up. I guarantee you I’m going to give the fans what they want. I’m going to be on this guy like he’s never seen before. So I’ll definitely put on a great show.”

Lashley makes his Strikeforce debut at the Strikeforce: Miami Showtime event on January 30th against Yohan Banks (2-1). He is also scheduled to fight on the April CBS card with no opponent named at this time.

YESSIR

I will tell you right now that Lashley has a good chance of beating Fedor. Just off of pure athletic ability, Lashley has a chance in this one. He just has to polish his skills more and get a good gameplan.

I'm telling you if Lashley can beat Fedor, we will have the fight of the century in the making... Lashley v Lesnar... two pro wrestlers, kings of MMA LOL I love it!

swoleoneday
View Public Profile
Send a private message to swoleoneday
Find More Posts by swoleoneday
Add swoleoneday to Your Contacts

01-15-2010, 01:32 PM    #141 
billy mimnaugh
GYM RAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFGANG 
Eric Bischoff Says He's Better Than Vince McMahon, Talks Learning from WCW, More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 14, 2010 - 3:04:39 PM

- Alex Marvez of Scripps News has a new interview up with Eric Bischoff. Here are some of the highlights:

Bischoff on why he hooked up with TNA: "It was the combination of a lot of things. Most of all, I like Dixie. She has a lot of integrity and I like to be in business with people like that. Secondly, I saw an opportunity. The way we have our deal structured is great for Bischoff-Hervey Entertainment. And this provided me with a chance to get back into a business I love. I believe a creative person who has a certain feel for this business can change the fortunes of this company in a good way."

Bischoff on learning from WCW: "No matter what people have said or written about me, I know what I accomplished changed the business and had a positive impact. I also made a lot of mistakes and have the scar tissue to prove it. I'm going to try and repeat the good stuff and avoid the bad stuff."

Bischoff on Vince McMahon: "I have a tremendous respect for Vince and, in a perverse way, like him. But at the end of the day, I think I'm better than him. I'm more creative than him and have a better feel for the business. It's just that he happens to be a lot more successful than I am."

What an ass this little ego maniac is.He has ZERO creativity.He will prove this YET AGAIN in TNA.Last night show was a perfect example.Did you see the angle between the Nasty Boys and Dudleys.ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!The Nast Boys SUCK!!Have always SUCKED!!!AND WILL ALWAYS SUCK!!!

Eric Jerkoff destroyed the WCW,along with Hogan,Nash and Hall.Its just a matter of time before they destroy TNA.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2010, 02:05:04 PM »
TNA Star Warns Jeff Hardy, News from TNA's Post-iMPACT Press Conference
By Marc Middleton
Jan 5, 2010 - 3:25:37 AM

- TNA held their post-iMPACT press conference last night on mycontent.com with Dixie Carter, Jeff Jarrett, ODB, Homicide, Hernandez, Matt Morgan, Vince Russo and Desmond Wolfe. Nothing really newsworthy came out of the conference.

Dixie Carter spoke and promised more surprises but said the ratings won't determine the success of last night's show. She said just having the live show is a success. Dixie also said she believes TNA is already competing with WWE.

Jeff Jarrett mentioned that he is looking forward to more iMPACT specials on Monday nights while Homicide told Jeff Hardy to watch his back because it now has a target on it. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-05-2010, 06:31 PM    #92 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Jeff Hardy Indicted – Drug Case Sent To Superior Court
By Michael Bluth
Jan 5, 2010 - 4:01:34 PM

After making his shocking return to TNA Wrestling at Monday night's live 3-hour iMPACT! special, Jeff Hardy has been dealt yet another legal setback.

Jeff Hardy's drug charges went to the grand jury yesterday in Moore County, North Carolina. A grand jury found that there is enough evidence to indict Hardy and the case has been sent to Superior Court, according to a spokesperson with the Moore County Court. The case will be officially set on their docket within the next week, according to PWInsider.com.

Hardy was arrested on September 11th, 2009 after police raided his home in Cameron, North Carolina. A joint investigation conducted by officers with the Moore County Sheriff's Office narcotics and select enforcement units and the Fayetteville Police Department led to the search. According to the police report, a search of his residence yielded 262 Vicodin prescription pills, 180 Soma prescription pills, 555 milliliters of anabolic steroids, a residual amount of powder cocaine and items of drug paraphernalia.He was charged with felony trafficking in opium, two counts of felony possession with intent to sell or deliver a Schedule III controlled substance, felony maintaining a dwelling to keep controlled substance, felony possession of cocaine and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.
Jeff was set for a probable cause hearing later this month to determine wehther there was enough evidence to send the case to Superior Court, but it appears prosecutors opted to forgo that hearing and go right to the grand jury in order to move the case along. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-05-2010, 06:31 PM    #93 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

TNA Stars Getting Married, Important Executives In Attendance At iMPACT!, more
By Amish Patel
Jan 5, 2010 - 2:48:16 PM

Source: PWInsider.com

-- Numerous executives from SpikeTV as well as Panda Energy President Bob Carter were in attendance at last nights iMPACT! taping.

-- Brooke Hogan was also at taping and shown in the crowd, but her brother Nick did not appear.

-- TNA's Traci Brooks and Frankie "Suicide" Kazarian are getting married this weekend.

-- Scott Steiner will be used on tonight's TV tapings. He was backstage at last night's show. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-05-2010, 06:33 PM    #94 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

TNA Fans Turned Away, Fear Among Stars in TNA, More Backstage News from iMPACT
By Marc Middleton
Jan 5, 2010 - 12:43:59 PM

- TNA has released several new Hulk Hogan t-shirts.

- Angelina Love was not backstage at last night's iMPACT. The Young Bucks were there and will be working tonight's tapings.

- It was said to be obvious at last night's iMPACT taping that a new guard was in charge. There is fear among some TNA talents about their job status now. The feeling among some is that with the new established stars coming in, the old crew that has been there may be overlooked or released.

- It was extremely cold in the TNA locker rooms last night because there is no heat in them.

- There were at least a few hundred fans turned away from last night's iMPACT, including a vocal group of fans from Bubba the Love Sponge's show. Fans who had passes that were supposed to guarantee them entry were turned away. This explains Bubba's message on Twitter that we posted earlier.

- The script that Eric Bischoff ripped up in the ring last night was legit. Security began taking the sheets away from fans during the commercial break. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-05-2010, 06:33 PM    #95 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

New Match for TNA's Genesis, NYE iMPACT Rating, Why iMPACT Is Replaying Thursday
By Marc Middleton
Jan 5, 2010 - 12:40:52 PM

Partial source: F4Wonline.com

- Matt Morgan and Hernandez will reportedly get their TNA Tag Team Title shots against The British Invasion at this month's Genesis pay-per-view.

- The New Year's Eve 7pm edition of TNA iMPACT scored an 0.6 rating. From 9pm until 11pm the show did an 0.8.

- One of the reasons TNA chose to air the iMPACT replay this Thursday night and not another new episode if because of the BCS National Championship football game on Thursday night between Texas and Alabama. TNA was worried about being hurt in viewership with the big game going on. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-05-2010, 06:37 PM    #96 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Posted in: TNA
TNA iMPACT! Rating Is In For Live 3-Hour Show
By Michael Bluth
Jan 5, 2010 - 6:08:18 PM

Source: prowrestling.net

Word is going around that last night's live 3-hour edition of TNA iMPACT! drew a 1.5 average cable rating for the entire show.

At this time, ratings data is not available for the individual hours or quarter hours, but it will be released shortly. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-06-2010, 07:53 AM    #97 
Sandpig
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy mimnaugh 
Why TNA think wrestling fans are craving 1991 again is beyond me.They have so much young talent there that could easily carry a fed,if they went to a more ECW style of wrestling,they could compete with Vince.They cant compete with Vince with dinasaurs who are 20 years past their primes.Are you kidding me,the Nasty Boys?

I really think some of this stuff, like the Nastys, was just a one time deal.
At least I hope so. 

Sandpig
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Sandpig
Find More Posts by Sandpig
Add Sandpig to Your Contacts

01-06-2010, 11:36 AM    #98 
billy mimnaugh
GYM RAT

you should be right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpig 
I really think some of this stuff, like the Nastys, was just a one time deal.
At least I hope so.

But Hogan is in there now.Just a matter of time before guys like AJ Styles are put down the roster and old fossils are given a push.Its the Hogan way.He thinks people still want to see him wrestle. 

billy mimnaugh
View Public Profile
Send a private message to billy mimnaugh
Find More Posts by billy mimnaugh
Add billy mimnaugh to Your Contacts

01-06-2010, 12:11 PM    #99 
TPT
Forum Leader: Bodybuilding Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy mimnaugh 
But Hogan is in there now.Just a matter of time before guys like AJ Styles are put down the roster and old fossils are given a push.Its the Hogan way.He thinks people still want to see him wrestle.

the aj/angle match was put on in good faith that the young guys and wrestling was going to be the point of emphasis. it was almost pay per view level and hogan put over the match hard.

hopefully, youre wrong.

TPT
View Public Profile
Send a private message to TPT
Find More Posts by TPT
Add TPT to Your Contacts

01-06-2010, 02:16 PM    #100 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPT 
the aj/angle match was put on in good faith that the young guys and wrestling was going to be the point of emphasis. it was almost pay per view level and hogan put over the match hard.

hopefully, youre wrong.

He is wrong TPT. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-06-2010, 05:40 PM    #101 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Kevin Nash Teases TNA Moving to Mondays, Eric Bischoff Comments on iMPACT
By Marc Middleton
Jan 6, 2010 - 2:55:50 PM

- Kevin Nash wrote the following on his Twitter today:

"I think going head 2 head every monday is in the works.Spike was happy with the ratings.special 4 me to be back with the band,great night!!!"

- While Eric Bischoff wrote about Monday night on his Twitter with the following:

"Had a blast Monday night. Been as LONG time since I have felt this way about the wrestling business! Thanks to all who watched. More to come" 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-06-2010, 05:42 PM    #102 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Hogan Reportedly Stressed Out at iMPACT, Russo Withdrawn, More Backstage Notes
By Marc Middleton
Jan 6, 2010 - 1:55:04 PM

Source: PWTorch.com Newsletter

- As noted on Monday, Hulk Hogan held a meeting with the TNA crew before the live iMPACT. The meeting was described as a pep talk and Hogan told everyone that he's looking forward to getting to know them all. Hogan gave the impression that he and Bischoff are running the show but Vince Russo is still handling his usual duties. Hogan told everyone that his door is always open for them.

Hogan was said to be very stressed out backstage on Monday and feels the company has organizational issues. TNA was filming taped segments late in the day and it was said to be a very chaotic atmosphere for Hogan, compared to what he was used to in WWE and WCW. Sources backstage say that Vince Russo came across as withdrawn and after the show, he was telling people that he had no idea what the TNA storyline direction will be from here on out. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-06-2010, 05:44 PM    #103 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Talk of TNA Moving to Monday, Homicide's Cage Botch, Hogan-iMPACT Update & More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 6, 2010 - 4:02:33 AM

- In an update from last night's TNA iMPACT spoilers, Hulk Hogan did in fact appear in a backstage segment.

- Jeff Hardy was not at last night's iMPACT tapings.

- One reader sent word that Homicide was stuck atop of the Steel Cage Asylum structure for a whole 72 seconds at the beginning of Monday's iMPACT before Jeff Hardy returned.

- Apparently there is now serious discussion within TNA of putting on a weekly Monday night show head-to-head with WWE's RAW. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2010, 02:05:59 PM »
TNA and Spike's Reaction to the iMPACT Ratings, More on Jeff Hardy's Return
By Marc Middleton
Jan 6, 2010 - 3:51:28 AM

- As noted before, WWE officials were surprised by Jeff Hardy's TNA return. Word from WWE is that Vince McMahon wasn't reacting to the show at last night's SmackDown tapings.

- TNA officials and Spike TV executives were absolutely ecstatic with the iMPACT rating numbers that came in yesterday. Dixie Carter wrote the following on her Twitter yesterday: "Thank you, thank you for helping TNA set RECORD ratings in every way last night. We ALL won." 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-06-2010, 05:44 PM    #105 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

New Details on the Problems Between BLTS and TNA, AJ Styles Gets Involved?
By Marc Middleton
Jan 6, 2010 - 3:35:59 AM

- Regarding the situation with Bubba the Love Sponge in TNA, apparently he gave around 1,000 tickets to his listeners that were given to him by TNA. Bubba said on his radio show yesterday that staff at Universal Studios told his fans that the passes weren't real and many fans were turned away and had to watch the show from the Hard Rock Cafe.

Bubba said yesterday that either someone from Universal or from TNA got on stage at Hard Rock during the viewing party and buried him. Apparently AJ Styles appeared at Hard Rock after iMPACT and also buried Bubba in front of the fans. Bubba said when he appeared at Hard Rock to address the fans, he was boo'd and spat on and had things thrown at him by the angry fans.

Bubba said that following iMPACT last night, he refused to return text messages from Dixie Carter or Hulk Hogan and refused to take calls from them. Bubba said yesterday that he was probably done with TNA but apparently he was at last night's tapings. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-06-2010, 05:45 PM    #106 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

TNA iMPACT Ratings Breakdown - Company History Made on Monday Night
By Marc Middleton
Jan 5, 2010 - 7:33:27 PM

- The first hour of last night's three-hour TNA iMPACT scored a 1.69 rating with 2.5 million viewers, making it the most-watched hour of TV in TNA history.

The second hour slipped to a 1.44 rating but featured the most-watched 15 minutes in TNA history with a 1.88 quarter-hour rating for Hulk Hogan's debut at 9PM EST, head-to-head with Bret Hart's return on WWE's RAW.

The least-watched segment of the show came at the end of the second hour with a 1.16 quarter-hour rating with the Pope vs. Wolfe match and AJ Styles interview. This segment went up against the DX vs. JeriShow match on RAW.

The third hour of iMPACT dropped to a 1.22 rating. The range of quarter-hour ratings was between 1.17 and 1.30. The third hour peaked in the final 15 minutes of the show with a 1.30 rating. This was the end of Angle vs. Styles and the Foley beatdown from Hall, Nash and Sean Waltman with Hogan watching. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-06-2010, 05:46 PM    #107 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

More iMPACT Spoilers: Hall & Nash at Genesis, Val Venis & Angelina Love Updates
By Marc Middleton
Jan 5, 2010 - 7:22:50 PM

- Below are some spoiler notes from tonight's TNA iMPACT tapings. Stay tuned later for a full report.

* Angelina Love was seated in the crowd and has made her return.

* Sean "Val Venis" Morley is now wrestling under his real name and using the tagline "ladies, I'm here."

* Announced for the Genesis pay-per-view is Beer Money vs. Scott Hall and Kevin Nash. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-07-2010, 05:55 PM    #108 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Hulk Hogan, Beautiful People among the top TNA iMPACT! ratings draws
By Brian Cantor
Jan 7, 2010 - 1:08:32 AM

In a news bit that should surprise no one, a minute-by-minute breakdown of Monday's TNA iMPACT! rating reveals that the first Hulk Hogan segment contained the most-watched portion of the show.

After opening with a whopping 3.05 million viewers for Hulk Hogan's walk to the ring, Hogan's first live segment peaked with 3.36 million viewers at 9PM. This figure then gradually (and steadily) declined as people began tuning out, presumably to view the Bret Hart-Shawn Michaels encounter on WWE RAW.

What is interesting, however, is that the next biggest attraction was neither Jeff Hardy, Ric Flair nor any of the active male TNA performers. Rather, it was The Beautiful People's strip poker game. While TNA's Knockouts have often drawn well in comparison to the other action, it is surprising that they maintained their dominant level of appeal on such a star-studded show.

The first instance of the poker game drew between 3.00 and 3.01 million viewers; a segment that also featured Sean Morley drew 2.9 million viewers just after 9:30PM. Aside from a portion of Hulk Hogan's appearance, the Beautiful People were far and away the biggest draw of hour two. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-07-2010, 05:55 PM    #109 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Rob Van Dam Confused About the Monday Night Wars, Hardy's Girlfriend on Reports
By Marc Middleton
Jan 7, 2010 - 1:12:13 AM

- Jeff Hardy's girlfriend Beth wrote the following on her Twitter regarding recent reports on Jeff: "I have no idea where these reports are coming from saying Jeff "had a verbal agreement to return to WWE by a certain date."That's 100% false"

- Rob Van Dam has a new blog up on his MySpace, talking about the Monday Night War from this week between WWE and TNA. Here's what he wrote:

Monday night wrestling, let’s talk about it. Many people have called,texted or emailed me to get my opinion of the live wrestling shows that competed for our viewership earlier this week. I can critique just like you, but let’s talk about what we liked. I switched back and forth between both shows, just like you did. It was cool seeing the crowd reaction for Brett the Hitman Hart. I know he has wanted to step back in the ring for a long time and I have no doubt that the “welcome back” felt like a warm blanket in Canada. On the other show, the NWO appearing was a nice surprise, as was Jeff hardy in a big way. I was a little concerned since all the pre-Monday advertisements just said “We got Hogan”. They had a lot of ex-WWE’ers-whether money drawers or not-so the element of change and hope was in the air. I thought that was nice. They also had some good matches. fans like that. I’m still confused on the schedule for TNA’s Monday night shows.

I thought this was going to be an every-Monday night thing but I’ve heard I’m wrong on that. Anyone else confused with me? Anyone know what they’re doing?

Do we tune in again next week or next quarter or WTF?

I’m sure that wrestling had it’s highest ratings in awhile so that’s good and TNA must’ve had their largest viewing audience. Many people have told me that they were glad I wasn’t on Monday night. I don’t think that I feel more inspired to return than I did before Monday, for that matter. I do hope that public interest in wrestling does grow as it would be good for everybody...except that guy that tried to blow up that airplane in Detroit. He’s fucked!

I probably feel the same way that you do about Monday night. It intrigued me to watch, which I normally don’t, and I believe I’ll watch again next week...if it’s on. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-07-2010, 05:56 PM    #110 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Homicide Causes Panic at iMPACT, TNA Star Possibly Injured, Dixie Carter's Dad
By Marc Middleton
Jan 7, 2010 - 1:14:04 AM

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- Alex Shelley was checked out yesterday for a possible herniated disc. No word yet how that went but we hope to have details soon.

- Bob Carter, owner of Panda Energy and father to Dixie Carter, was sitting ringside beside his daughter at Monday's live iMPACT.

- There was panic backstage on Monday when Homicide was unable to get out of the top of the Steel Cage Asylum structure. Apparently there was concern before the show about whether or not he could escape the cage but Homicide assured everyone he would be able to. As noted yesterday, Homicide was hanging from the cage for 72 seconds. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-07-2010, 05:56 PM    #111 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

TNA Title Holder Injured, Hogan's 'New' NWO Theme, iMPACT Ads During RAW
By Marc Middleton
Jan 7, 2010 - 1:17:38 AM

Partial source: Wrestling Observer

- Don W. and Terry Chatham sent word that Hulk Hogan's new NWO inspired theme song in TNA is actually the theme song that all NWO members used in the WCW/NWO Thunder video game on the Playstation 1 console.

- One-half of the TNA Knockout Tag Team Champions Hamada suffered an ankle injury at the live iMPACT on Monday. She still worked a match at the Tuesday tapings though.

- TNA had ads running during Monday Right RAW this past week in the 10PM hour that said, "What are you doing? You're missing Hulk Hogan. Wrestling is back on Monday night, watch now, live on Spike." 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-07-2010, 06:03 PM    #112 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Details Behind Ric Flair's TNA Deal, BTLS Plans 'Sneaky Stuff' with Hogan & Co.
By Marc Middleton
Jan 7, 2010 - 1:22:53 AM

Partial source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- It appears Bubba the Love Sponge is still with TNA after meeting with Dixie Carter, Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan on Tuesday night. He wrote the following on Twitter:

"went over 2tna lot shot my deal met with hulk & Eric saw Dixie2 I think it's better Planned some sneaky stuff with them2. going2bed but after my meeting with hogan and seeing the #s Dixie annouced I'm very excited tna is on the course2 give Vince a good fight"

- Ric Flair signed his deal with TNA just a few days before Monday's live iMPACT. His deal is for 65 appearances over one year's time. It's believed Flair is working on a guaranteed money deal and is still able to book his own outside-TNA appearances. In an effort to get him on Monday's show, word is that TNA offered Flair more money.

It's said that TNA really wants Flair to be part of "the team" and be a face for the company. Some feel that Flair's heart isn't really in TNA and he's more interested in the money than helping TNA succeed. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-07-2010, 06:04 PM    #113 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Hogan Discusses the DQ Finish on iMPACT, TNA Going to Mondays Live and More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 7, 2010 - 2:05:29 PM

- Hulk Hogan appeared on the Bubba the Love Sponge show today and regarding the Steel Cage Asylum match on Monday night, he said that at a production meeting on Sunday, about 10 people said there was a decent door to the cage. Hogan said when he arrived to the soundstage and saw that it had no real door, they went with the DQ finish. There were plans for a big bump off the cage but it wasn't possible. Hogan agreed with Bubba that the Steel Cage Asylum match needs to be done away with for good.

Hogan also said TNA has kind of dropped the ball by taping the next Thursday show the day after going live. Hogan said he was going to call Dixie Carter, Eric Bischoff and the people at Spike today and tell them that they need to be live on Mondays from now on. Hogan acknowledged it will cost a lot of money but said you have to spend money to make money.

Hogan said that he will get Vince McMahon's audience a bit at a time, just like he did in WCW. Hogan said Bob Carter mentioned to him that they need a bigger building than the iMPACT Zone. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-07-2010, 06:04 PM    #114 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

TNA Introducing 'TNA Live' to the Internet Soon with Guest Hosts and More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 7, 2010 - 2:18:10 PM

- It appears TNA is doing another gimmick similar to one WCW did back years ago. TNA will be introducing "TNA Live" on their website soon, which will be an online radio show. Stars such as Don West and SoCal Val will be hosting the show. Word is that they will be doing live streaming video pre-game and post-game shows for iMPACT.

Jeremy Borash wrote the following on his Twitter today: "Very big news. Time to fire up this machine again. Look for an announcement about "TNA LIVE" coming next week to TNAWrestling.com!" 

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2010, 02:06:38 PM »
Vince Russo Comments On Monday's iMPACT!, Bret's Return & More
By Michael Bluth
Jan 7, 2010 - 4:19:04 PM

TNA creative team member Vince Russo a new blog on his Facebook page discussing Monday's iMPACT!, working with Hogan & Bischoff and more. Visit Facebook.com to read the full blog.

"We learned a lot, on Monday night as a company--a lot We hit some home runs, but also struck out once, or twice--but that's OK. What really mattered is that we took risks. We gave you everything we had--and didn't play it safe.

"That's what Eric Bischoff and Russo/Ferrara both did back in the mid-to late 90's. Nothing was safe--NOTHING. The programming, whether it was WWF, or WCW was DANGEROUS. Never one time, no matter how hot we got--did Eric or I EVER rest on our laurels--NEVER. I can't tell you how long Vince has been resting on his . . . I honestly can't.

"I sat in the production truck and I wanted our show, side-by-side to Vince Monday night. It was great to see Bret --I love the guy--always have. But as our show went on, and as I watched his, I just kept asking myself--'where's the effort?'"

"Does Vince think that little of TNA that he felt that he could just produce 'another show' on Monday night? I mean, you take away that first segment and that last segment, and you had a wrestling show that wasn't even mediocre at best. Again--going back to the 90's--that NEVER, would have happened if Eric, or I were in Vince's shoes--NEVER. Resting on your laurels is the worst mistake that anyone can ever make--no matter what type of business you are in." 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-07-2010, 06:06 PM    #116 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Vince Russo Comments On Monday's iMPACT!, Bret's Return & More
By Michael Bluth
Jan 7, 2010 - 4:19:04 PM

TNA creative team member Vince Russo a new blog on his Facebook page discussing Monday's iMPACT!, working with Hogan & Bischoff and more. Visit Facebook.com to read the full blog.

"We learned a lot, on Monday night as a company--a lot We hit some home runs, but also struck out once, or twice--but that's OK. What really mattered is that we took risks. We gave you everything we had--and didn't play it safe.

"That's what Eric Bischoff and Russo/Ferrara both did back in the mid-to late 90's. Nothing was safe--NOTHING. The programming, whether it was WWF, or WCW was DANGEROUS. Never one time, no matter how hot we got--did Eric or I EVER rest on our laurels--NEVER. I can't tell you how long Vince has been resting on his . . . I honestly can't.

"I sat in the production truck and I wanted our show, side-by-side to Vince Monday night. It was great to see Bret --I love the guy--always have. But as our show went on, and as I watched his, I just kept asking myself--'where's the effort?'"

"Does Vince think that little of TNA that he felt that he could just produce 'another show' on Monday night? I mean, you take away that first segment and that last segment, and you had a wrestling show that wasn't even mediocre at best. Again--going back to the 90's--that NEVER, would have happened if Eric, or I were in Vince's shoes--NEVER. Resting on your laurels is the worst mistake that anyone can ever make--no matter what type of business you are in." 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-11-2010, 07:27 PM    #117 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Hall Hopeful for His TNA Future, Foley on Ric Flair's Decision to Sign and More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 11, 2010 - 3:44:02 AM

Source: F4Wonline.com

- Mick Foley noted in a new blog that he called Ric Flair on December 27th and tried to get him to sign with TNA. Apparently Flair still hadn't decided on signing with the company as of January 2nd, two days before he debuted at the live iMPACT.

- Actor Eric Roberts from such TV shows as Heroes and movies like Best of the Best was backstage at the TNA live event this weekend in Westbury, New York. His sister is Julia Roberts.

- Word is that Scott Hall has been very excited about his return to TNA and is hoping it lasts longer than his previous stints. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-11-2010, 07:27 PM    #118 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Latest on TNA Changing the Six-Sided Ring, Meaning of Generation Me and More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 11, 2010 - 3:45:12 AM

- TNA drew a sellout crowd of 2,500 fans at the live event this weekend in Westbury, NY. This would be TNA's best live event numbers in a long time. The main event saw AJ Styles defeat Kurt Angle with Jeff Jarrett as the special referee.

- As noted before, The Young Bucks debuted in TNA last Tuesday under the name Generation Me. The name actually describes anyone born in the 1970's, 1980's or 1990's - or anyone between the ages of 10 and 40.

- There has been a lot of talk within TNA lately about the six-sided ring. Various angles have been pitched as ways to get rid of the ring and bring in a traditional four-sided ring. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-11-2010, 07:28 PM    #119 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Ric Flair Talks About Seeing Sting at iMPACT, Why He Signed with TNA and More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 11, 2010 - 3:21:50 AM

- The Charleston Post & Courier and Mike Mooneyham featured an article with Ric Flair this weekend. They noted that Flair hadn't heard from WWE since June of 2009 and decided to make the debut with TNA after waiting for the call from WWE.

Regarding TNA being professional, Flair said, “I never heard that it wasn’t, but until you see it, you don’t know what to expect. I couldn’t be more impressed.” Flair says he only sees TNA getting better and better.

Flair also said that he walked into the TNA locker room and hugged Sting upon arriving at the live iMPACT. Flair says Sting told him, “You’re the reason I’m staying.” 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-11-2010, 07:31 PM    #120 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Big Surprise Planned for TNA's Genesis Pay-Per-View Later This Month?
By Marc Middleton
Jan 10, 2010 - 12:05:41 PM

Source: PWTorch Newsletter

- Jeremy Borash said this weekend on The Pain Clinic radio show that a big name wrestler is expected to debut at TNA's Genesis pay-per-view.

Borash indicated that the debut at Genesis would be a "big surprise."

Genesis takes place on January 17th. 

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2010, 02:07:36 PM »
Why Jeff Hardy Has Signed With TNA, Homicide Expects To Feud With Him
By Amish Patel
Jan 5, 2010 - 10:05:34 AM

Source: PWTorch.com

-- It is now confirmed that Jeff Hardy has signed a deal to work a regular TNA schedule. Hardy told TNA co-workers that the organisation's schedule fits his lifestyle better than WWE's gruelling full-time schedule.

Also, following last night's iMPACT!, Homicide said on the "Right After Wrestling" radio program he expects to feud with Hardy, saying:

"Anything could change and I could do something else or Jeff could do something else at the TV tapings on Tuesday, and I think it would be a great match-up of Jeff Hardy vs. Homicide. I'm really hoping it will happen." 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-05-2010, 06:26 PM    #90 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

New TNA Star Teases Problems, Tonight's iMPACT Tapings, TNA Title Changes & More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 5, 2010 - 3:30:10 AM

Partial source: PWInsider.com

- The Young Bucks are in Orlando for tonight's TNA iMPACT tapings and are expected to wrestle but that could change.

- Title changes at last night's iMPACT saw ODB defeat Tara for the Knockouts Title and the team of Hamada & Awesome Kong defeat Taylor Wilde & Sarita for the Knockouts Tag Titles.

- TNA will tape iMPACT tonight in Orlando at the iMPACT Zone with the fallout from last night's three-hour show. Tonight's tapings won't air until next Thursday, January 14th.

- Matt Morgan and Hernandez are the new #1 contenders to the TNA World Tag Team Titles.

- New personality Bubba the Love Sponge wrote a strange message on his Twitter last night after iMPACT. He wrote:

"I want to apologize to each and every fan that got f***ed with and turned away and talked down to today at tna trust me Dixie Carter would be as upset as I am if and when she finds out. If there is one thing I did learn it's she's a very very remarkable and honest business woman. I don't know what my future holds with tna right now but I'll never speak a bad word about Dixie. Again I'm sorry. Please forgive me"

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2010, 02:08:43 PM »

Several Former WWE Superstars Backstage for Tonight's TNA iMPACT Special
By Marc Middleton
Jan 4, 2010 - 2:10:26 PM

- According to sources, the following stars are backstage at tonight's iMPACT for the three-hour show:

* Scott Hall, Sean Waltman, Orlando Jordan, Val Venis and The Nasty Boys

Eric Bischoff, Hulk Hogan and Jason Hervey are also already at the building for tonight's show. No word yet if Venis, Jordan and The Nasty Boys will be appearing on TV tonight but Waltman and Hall will. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-04-2010, 05:23 PM    #39 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Hulk Hogan Says Ric Flair's Upset About Not Being Invited to Tonight's iMPACT
By Marc Middleton
Jan 4, 2010 - 2:01:04 PM

- Hulk Hogan appeared on The Bob & Tom Show this morning and cut an in-character promo on Ric Flair. Hogan said Flair left a rambling message on his voice mail last night and that Flair was really upset that Hogan didn't invite him to tonight's live iMPACT.

Hogan also said on the show that he isn't going to make pro wrestling like it was, but he was going to make it better than it used to be. Hogan called AJ Styles the best pound-for-pound wrestler in the world today. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-04-2010, 05:23 PM    #40 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

The Hogans at iMPACT, Tag Team Booked for iMPACT, Against All Odds and More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 4, 2010 - 1:35:18 PM

- TNA has changed their official logo slightly. The new logo is cleaned up a bit and can be seen on the company website.

- Brooke and Nick Hogan will be at tonight's live iMPACT in Orlando.

- The Young Bucks are booked for this week's iMPACT tapings. There was talk of having them face The Motor City Machineguns this week on iMPACT so we'll see if it happens.

- Below is the official blurb for TNA's Against All Odds pay-per-view from iNDEMAND. This year's show takes place on Valentine's Day.

Some crave power, status, the feeling of being in complete control. But with great power comes great envy. In this world there are no handouts, nothing is given, everything must be earned. In this world power concedes nothing without a fight. TNA Wrestling presents: Against All Odds! 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-04-2010, 05:24 PM    #41 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

'Hollywood' Hogan on iMPACT Tonight?, Creative News for iMPACT, Scott Norton
By Marc Middleton
Jan 4, 2010 - 12:16:10 PM

- Former WCW and NWO star Scott Norton teased on Twitter that he might be at tonight's TNA iMPACT. This would be the first time that Norton's name has been brought up regarding tonight's show.

- Photos of Hulk Hogan from this past weekend show the Hulkster with his black beard like he had during the NWO and WCW days.

- Scripts for tonight's live iMPACT and the next few sets of iMPACT TV tapings have been written for over a week now with some changes made this weekend. Vince Russo, Eric Bischoff, Hulk Hogan, Dixie Carter and others have all had input. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-04-2010, 05:26 PM    #42 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

The Latest on New Stars Coming Into TNA, Who's Expected for iMPACT and More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 4, 2010 - 4:14:17 AM

- Regarding new faces coming into TNA, it's said that the company has 6-7 confirmed names that will be coming in soon, if not tonight on iMPACT then in the next few weeks.

Rumored names like Sid, Paul Heyman and Rob Van Dam are not expected to be there tonight. Heyman may not happen at all and Van Dam's reported signing has not been confirmed. Sid is expected to come in soon but was recently injured overseas. It is confirmed that Angelina Love has re-signed with TNA and with the company requesting the entire roster tonight, she is expected to be there also.

Scott Hall and Sean "X-Pac" Waltman are said to be pretty much a lock for tonight's live show. Hall was telling people at the Hulk Hogan debut party yesterday that Waltman would be with him on iMPACT. Hall also was overheard saying they were trying to get Kevin Nash to dye his hair dark again.

TNA has reportedly asked the entire roster to be in attendance tonight, including Sting. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-04-2010, 05:28 PM    #43 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Main Event for TNA's Genesis PPV Announced, Former WWE Diva Teases TNA
By Marc Middleton
Jan 4, 2010 - 12:38:28 AM

- Former WWE Diva Jackie Gayda-Haas noted in a new website blog that she would not mind returning to professional wrestling if the door came "a knockin'" again, possibly teasing TNA. The wife of WWE Superstar Charlie Haas wrote:

"Within this past ten years, things have drastically changed for all of us, there is no doubt about that. Venturing into the fitness industry through the eyes of track and field was my goal towards the turn of the century, only to be “side-railed” by a profession that I would have never dreamed, that of professional wrestling. From flying from the top rope as a WWE Diva and then onto a Total Non Stop Action Knockout, I took my greatest challenge on of becoming a mom. A mom that could not get enough of the lifestyle of fitness. Incorporating what is IMPORTANT TO YOU into your daily routine is what is going to make this decade so great for all of us. For me, that meant and still will mean training for not only the continuation of triathlons next season but also readying myself to be compete on the fitness stage for the very first time. And who knows, if the door of professional wrestling comes "a knockin'" once again (*hint hint*), I may just be answering."

- TNA announced last night that the main event for the Genesis pay-per-view this month will be Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles for the TNA World Heavyweight Title. Hulk Hogan has also been announced for the show. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-04-2010, 05:29 PM    #44 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

TNA Signs a Longtime Friend of Hulk Hogan, Midget Wrestling Show Coming to Spike
By Marc Middleton
Jan 4, 2010 - 12:34:03 AM

- Spike TV is set to be announcing a 30 minute wrestling reality show soon that follows a group of midget wrestlers led by Pupper the Psycho Dwarf and Teo, who appeared for TNA during their weekly pay-per-view days in Nashville. The show is scheduled to be called Half Pint Brawlers.

- Friend of Hulk Hogan, Bubba the Love Sponge, announced on his Twitter that he is the new "backstage guy" for TNA iMPACT. He noted that he will be appearing around four times on this week's show. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-04-2010, 05:29 PM    #45 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Scott Hall, Bischoff, Russo Attend Hogan Party At Universal Studios Sunday Night
By Michael Bluth
Jan 3, 2010 - 11:23:53 PM

Gary Cantrel of The Shoot radio show sent out the following recap of Hulk Hogan's party at Margaritaville in Orlando. Visit BlogTalkRadio.com/TheShoot to listen to Gary's show.

The event did start promptly at five. There was quite a line to go into the Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville resturant. The event was being held on the 2nd floor which filled up real quick. They were letting only a number of people up at a time. I just happened to be at the front of the line at one point when they filled up so I was outside for quite a while. There were two camera crews filming the entire event. The Spike TV/TNA crew and the Bubba the Love Sponge radio show crew who film material for his website and DVDs.

Several people showed up and greeted fans waiting outside. First up was Eric Bischoff, who had his own personal camera man. It wasn't a large camera so it could be footage for his own personal website. He was definitely very polite to everyone while in front of the camera. He went through pretty much the whole line and took photos with people.

Next up was Scott Hall, who came over with someone, was probably a manager or friend or something. He too was taking pictures with the fans outside.

Vince Russo also checked out the line. He seemed very polite and talked with some of the fans.

The Spike TV/TNA crew came back to the front this time with Bubba the Love Sponge. He is doing the interviews. They first filmed Hogan coming outside with Bischoff and Scott Hall. Bubba did several interviews with fans.

Later on after we got inside of the building, they had a ton more lights and Jeremy Borash was inside with cameras pumping the crowd up. They did several shots with fans chanting various things such as "TNA" and "Hogan." They had Bubba interviewing more fans. After they recorded the footage and some additional B-Roll they thanked the fans for coming out. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-04-2010, 05:29 PM    #46 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

How long will Hulk Hogan stay with TNA Wrestling?
By Brian Cantor
Jan 3, 2010 - 10:37:51 PM

Hulk Hogan was rather ambiguous in discussing his TNA contract with AOL Fanhouse, offering no clear end date for his tenure with TNA.

After first noting, "I think it's a year with rollovers, you know, if we're both happy. It's definitely a year, it's not any shorter than that," Hogan later clarifies, "we both agree that if we don't get along or Dixie and I two or three weeks into this thing, if she goes, 'Hogan, how come you're letting the Martians wrestle the elephants? That's not what we want.' We agree to disagree and we've made that real clear that if they don't like the direction I'm going in, or if they can't handle the change or that they think I'm wrong that I'll just walk away, or whatever you want to call it, they'll fire me or I'll quit or whatever."

Hogan debuts as part of TNA's three-hour iMPACT! special this Monday night. The latter two hours go head-to-head with RAW, although as Hogan remarks, "I'm not trying to compete with Vince, or I'm not trying to hurt Vince McMahon, but I just want to put out a better product than he does."

On the web: http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2010/0...tna-wrestling/ 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-04-2010, 05:29 PM    #47 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Dixie Says Jeff Hardy's Crashing the Party Tomorrow, Note on iMPACT Advertising
By Marc Middleton
Jan 3, 2010 - 7:39:14 PM

- There were discussions within TNA recently about how little money they had earmarked for advertising tomorrow night's live iMPACT special. This may be the reason why ads were seen more over the past week.

- TNA's Dixie Carter posted the following on her Twitter this evening regarding Jeff Hardy:

"Heard Jeff Hardy is going to crash the party tomorrow. Everyone is welcome!!! Gonna be fun." 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-04-2010, 05:30 PM    #48 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Rob Van Dam Says He Will Not Be Returning Tomorrow Night
By Amish Patel
Jan 3, 2010 - 5:44:06 PM

-- In his latest blog, Rob Van Dam has said he will not be appearing on either RAW or iMPACT! tomorrow night:

"This Monday kicks off the new ratings war between WWE and TNA-like I have to tell you! I admit, I am interested in the hype. In fact, I feel like I'm involved with this new era just because of the ginormous rumors involving me and a return. I'm going to say this-even though I know it won't do much good-don't be mad at me that you tuned in to see your favorite wrestler and I wasn't there. I'm going to be watching with you." 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-04-2010, 05:31 PM    #49 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Jeff Hardy & Another Ex-WWE Star Going to TNA's Live iMPACT Show Tomorrow Night
By Marc Middleton
Jan 3, 2010 - 2:40:58 PM

- Former WWE Superstar Shannon Moore announced on Twitter that he received a call from TNA officials and will be heading to Orlando tomorrow to meet with Hulk Hogan.

Also, Jeff Hardy announced on his Twitter that he and his girlfriend Beth will be driving to iMPACT with Moore. Hardy is likely only going to visit. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-04-2010, 05:32 PM    #50 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Russo Teasing Tension Between Himself and Hulk Hogan, Ted Dibiase Note
By Amish Patel
Jan 3, 2010 - 12:18:53 PM

-- Via his new facebook page, Vince Russo is interestingly teasing tension between himself and Hulk Hogan, implying that they have not discussed booking plans together. He wrote:

"On my way to Orlando. Don't know what tomorrow brings but I do know that every challenge in life makes us grow. Headed to a party tonight hosted at "Margaritaville at Universal's Citiwalk. It will be hosted by BUBBA THE LOVE SPONGE and HULK HOGAN. Was I invited, or am I crashing? Let the show begin!!!"

-- Ted Dibiase is due to sign autographs at the Cricket Wireless store at 3PM today. The store is across from The Nutter Center - the venue for tomorrow's RAW. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-04-2010, 05:32 PM    #51 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Posted in: NEWS
Hulk Hogan To Address CM Punk's Shoot Comments On Him, Kelly Kelly Desirable
By Amish Patel
Jan 3, 2010 - 12:12:48 PM

-- It seems that Hulk Hogan has a press tour coming up on Monday morning. He's calling into "The BJ Shea Morning Experience" on 99.9 KISW/"The Rock of Seattle" on Monday at 6:50 a.m. PST to promote the live Impact. He is going also going to address some comments from WWE's CM Punk made on BJ's show before the holiday break. Here's a link to that audio: http://is.gd/5K34V. About 9:50 into the audio file, Punk talks about TNA and shoots on the product and Hulk Hogan. The show is going to play this audio for Hulk on Monday at and get his reaction. KISW has a ACC+ audio stream that plays quite well in WinAmp: http://provisioning.streamtheworld.c.../KISWFMAAC.pls. (Thanks to Dave L for sending in this news)

-- Kelly Kelly was the only WWE Diva to be listed in AskMen.com's most desirable women of 2010. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-04-2010, 05:33 PM    #52 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Dixie Carter Discusses Monday's War vs. WWE; Says Wrestling Will Be The Winner
By Amish Patel
Jan 3, 2010 - 12:01:23 PM

-- In an interview with the UK Sun newspaper, TNA President Dixie Carter talks down the ratings battle against World Wrestling Entertainment, saying:

"How I define success is just being there... Just the fact that we are there on Monday night is a huge success for us. It makes the exact statement that we want to make. This is a marathon not a sprint. The ratings, quite honestly, are irrelevant.

"Our success is being there and the quality of the show we put on. That's how I'll assess it as far as that specific night goes. But the real winner on Monday January 4 is the wrestling fans, because this truly is the classic David and Goliath set-up. We have Goliath bringing out the biggest guns that they could possibly bring.

"And we're trying to put our best foot forward. You'll see a lot of surprises and a lot of great showcasing of TNA's top talent. The bottom line is that the fans are going to win that night and wrestling is going to win that night."

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2010, 02:09:16 PM »
by Nick Paglino
Jan 02, 2010

Eric Bischoff has posted the following Tweets on his Twitter account concerning the January 4th TNA Impact special:

"wrestling fans love surprises"

"Monday night Jan. 4 should be a fun night over at TNA."

As we exclusively reported before, Scott Hall and Sean Waltman are expected to make an appearance on the show, and it's being rumored that Rob Van Dam may also be appearing on the big special.

~gymdiva~
View Public Profile
Send a private message to ~gymdiva~
Visit ~gymdiva~'s homepage!
Find More Posts by ~gymdiva~
Add ~gymdiva~ to Your Contacts

01-02-2010, 11:58 PM    #32 
~gymdiva~
Forum Leader: Muscle Central, Sports & The Women

from WZ:

by Nick Paglino
Jan 02, 2010

According to a new report by The Wrestling Observer, any reports or interviews claiming that Vince Russo has been kept out of the creative loop heading into Impact on 1/4 are completely false and are probably being tossed out there to work the fans. In reality, Russo has had several meetings with Eric Bischoff in Nashville dating back to November, and plans are being made with both men contributing to the show creatively. Vince Russo continues to tell people around him that he has not spoken to Hogan or Bischoff, but again it is untrue as the entire creative team in TNA seems to have a good handle on the way things will unfold this Monday night.

~gymdiva~
View Public Profile
Send a private message to ~gymdiva~
Visit ~gymdiva~'s homepage!
Find More Posts by ~gymdiva~
Add ~gymdiva~ to Your Contacts

01-04-2010, 05:19 PM    #33 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

TNA Moving Forward with a Different Style, Hulk Hogan's Booking Power and More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 4, 2010 - 3:46:34 PM

- Bubba the Love Sponge said on his radio show today that there was a TNA creative meeting last night and that Hulk Hogan is definitely in charge as he vetoed some of the ideas that were brought up at the meeting with a "we're not doing it like that" mentality.

Bubba says that the direction TNA is going will appeal to the 18-34 year old male demographic and will be the opposite of what WWE is putting out. Bubba used the term "man stuff" when describing the TNA storyline direction. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-04-2010, 05:19 PM    #34 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Hulk Hogan's Rallying Call To TNA Roster, Bubba The Love Sponge Update
By Amish Patel
Jan 4, 2010 - 3:17:21 PM

-- Hulk Hogan reportedly had a meeting with the TNA roster backstage today and the outcome was said to be very positive. The meeting was described as 'rallying of the troops' for tonight's special with Hogan telling talent that this is their opportunity to shine.

-- Bubba The Love Sponge is only likely to work tonight's live special if a blurb on FMQB.com is anything to go by. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-04-2010, 05:20 PM    #35 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Former WWE Star Debuting in TNA's X Division Tonight?, Update on Ric Flair & TNA
By Marc Middleton
Jan 4, 2010 - 3:05:47 PM

- This isn't 100% confirmed but apparently Ric Flair was spotted at Orlando's International Airport last night around 8PM EST. With the promo cut by Hulk Hogan earlier today on Flair, it is still possible he might appear on iMPACT.

- Former WWE Superstar Brian Kendrick is expected to start with TNA soon. He may make his debut in the Steel Cage Asylum match for the X Division Title tonight. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-04-2010, 05:21 PM    #36 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Hulk Hogan Responds to Comments Made by CM Punk and More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 4, 2010 - 2:39:16 PM

- Hulk Hogan responded to comments made by CM Punk about him this morning on the BJ Shea Morning Experience show in Seattle. You can listen to an MP3 of the interview at this link.

Hogan listened to the comments and said, "Well, you know, it's kind of like the law of attraction. He's probably going to attract more of that negative stuff to his career because, you know, if you're functioning on that level, that's probably what you are going to attract, but at the end of the day, you know, I was selling out Madison Square Garden when that kid was pooping in his diapers, so you know, you're going to see what I'm all about. I'm not there to wrestle. I don't have a contract to wrestle. I'm there to run this company. Make it better, like I said, give the talent a choice. All the talents that are locked in there...I'm sure Vince McMahon is giving CM Punk the big push but paying him crumbs, because I know how that goes, because I'm giving the fans a choice, and the talent a choice and I'm going to prove to this negative guy that he's wrong."

When asked about Punk making a personal attack on Hogan, The Hulkster said, "That's cool. I understand he's surrounded by negative stuff up there and I can see why he's jaded in his opinion. One of the things that I learned a long time ago is that you can't judge anyone. You can't judge a book by it's cover. Some of the craziest looking, weirdest people seem to be the nicest people and the most honest people in the world. I would never judge anyone before I meet them. Some day down the road, CM Punk and I are probably going to work together and I would never judge him under any preconceived notions. I would judge him on the type of person he was when I met him. It's all good, brother. I am vibing so high brother. I am going to reward those who are with me and those who aren't my friends, I am going to win them over and make them my friends." 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

01-04-2010, 05:22 PM    #37 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Jeremy Borash Teases Major Name For iMPACT! Tonight, Angelina Love Note
By Amish Patel
Jan 4, 2010 - 2:29:53 PM

-- A major name is being teased by Jeremy Borash for tonight's TNA iMPACT! special, with him writing the following on his Twitter page:

"Have to bite my tweet lip. Can't believe who just walked into the hotel lobby. Guessing he isn't in Orlando to visit Epcot."

-- In teasing her return tonight, Angelina Love wrote the following on her Facebook account yesterday: "Tomorrow by Silverchair is still a crazy awesome song!!!" 

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2010, 02:10:16 PM »
TNA Monday Rumors Continue, Hulk Hogan Changing the Six-Sided Ring?, More
By Marc Middleton
Dec 4, 2009 - 8:18:48 AM

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Prowrestling.net

- It's interesting to note that the DVD cover for "End Game" which starred Kurt Angle and former TNA Knockout Jenna Morasca promotes Angle as a WWE star with no mention of TNA. There is also no mention of Jenna's run in wrestling.

- Despite being advertised on the TNA Genesis poster, sources say Hulk Hogan is not expected to wrestle at the show. Hogan has been advised to hold off on wrestling for TNA until the time is right and the build is right.

- While nobody from TNA or Spike TV has teased this, people who are being recruited by the Hogan and Bischoff side are still under the impression they will be airing on Monday nights beginning January 4th or at least that the January 4th date will be live on Monday.

Hogan has also been telling people he wants to get rid of the six-sided ring. There is also confidence that Rob Van Dam and Ric Flair will eventually come to TNA with Hogan. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

12-07-2009, 07:40 PM    #8 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

The Complete Interview With Dixie Carter, Comments On Hulk Hogan's TNA Debut
By Amish Patel
Dec 5, 2009 - 2:31:29 AM

- During an extended interview with Mike Tenay, Dixie Carter commented on Hulk Hogan's potential debut:

"I know everybody has been asking and we're all anxious," Carter said regarding Hogan. "but that question will be answered with in days. I promise."

Carter was also asked if she prefers the TNA product to be labelled as pro wrestling or sports entertainment:

"TNA is pro wrestling," she said. "I don't care what you try to call it, we are a wrestling company and our entertainment revolves around wrestlers wrestling and we're proud of that... Why does wrestling have to be such a dirty word?"

On Thursday's TNA "iMPACT!" (12/3/09) on SpikeTV, an exclusive interview aired with TNA Wrestling President Dixie Carter in which she discussed Hulk Hogan, Sting, Jeff Jarrett and the future of TNA Wrestling. You can watch the complete interview below, including Dixie Carter answering fan questions from Twitter: 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

12-07-2009, 07:40 PM    #9 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Updates on Hulk Hogan's iMPACT Debut
By Marc Middleton
Dec 5, 2009 - 2:35:56 AM

- As noted before, the plan is to have Hulk Hogan debut at the January 4th TNA iMPACT tapings. Bubba the Love Sponge said yesterday on his show that Hogan would indeed be in attendance at those tapings in Orlando.

Last edited by ~gymdiva~; 12-21-2009 at 07:20 PM. Reason: removed off topic 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

12-07-2009, 07:41 PM    #10 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

News on Hulk Hogan, TNA vs. WWE, TNA will be live Jan 4, Official Press Release
By PainLord
Dec 5, 2009 - 10:09:19 PM

Hulk Hogan is at the UFC Ultimate Finale tonight, and he just officially announced that TNA will be Live on Monday Night Jan 4 as "they will go to war with the WWE" as he said. It was an interview with Joe Rogan. TNA President Dixie Carter and Eric Bischoff are at the show as well.

From Ryan in Baltimore MD.

While watching The Ultimate Fighter finale, Hulk
Hogan was in attendance. Also, Joe Rogan did an interview with him and Joe asked
Hulk if he is ever going to step back in the ring, to which Hulk replied, "On
January 4th, TNA Impact! is going head to head against WWE on Monday night. You
never know when the red and yellow will hit the ring again".

- Kevin

http://www.tnawrestling.com/content/view/1836/84/

HULKAMANIA IS COMING BACK TO MONDAY NIGHT ON “TNA iMPACT!” LIVE JANUARY 4 ON SPIKE TV

Hulk Hogan’s First Live Appearance On Spike TV’s “TNA iMPACT” Will Be In A Special 3-Hour Live Episode Monday, January 4 At 8:00 PM ET/PT

The biggest name in professional wrestling history, Hulk Hogan, will make his first live appearance on Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling’s “TNA iMPACT!” in a live 3-hour special on Spike TV Monday, January 4, 2010 at 8:00PM ET/PT. Hogan and TNA President Dixie Carter attended “The Ultimate Fighter Heavyweights” Finale in Las Vegas where Hogan made the announcement in an interview with Joe Rogan.

“TNA iMPACT!” will be going against “WWE Monday Raw” on USA Network, the first time two wrestling companies have broadcast live head-to-head since the “Monday Night Wars” in the late 1990’s between WWE and WCW. This “iMPACT!” special will broadcast live from the TNA iMPACT! Zone at Universal Studios in Orlando, Fl.

Hogan’s first appearance inside the six-sided ring of TNA Wrestling will follow weeks of speculation after Hogan and Carter announced their partnership on October 27 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Hogan has hinted in various media interviews that he’ll have multiple surprises in store for TNA Wrestling fans.

“I knew when I signed with TNA, that it would be important to make a statement with the first episode. Going head-to-head on January 4th, makes the statement loud and clear: Game on!” Hogan said.

“TNA is kicking off 2010 in the biggest way possible with the biggest name in the history of our sport. Hulk Hogan is a pop culture icon, and his arrival will change not only TNA, but the entire professional wrestling landscape. We’re firing that first shot,” Carter said.

Joining Hogan for the three-hour live “iMPACT!” will be TNA World Heavyweight Champion “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles, Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle, Mick Foley, Kevin Nash, “The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe, “The Boss” Bobby Lashley and “The Blueprint” Matt Morgan.

“TNA iMPACT!” will resume its normal timeslot on Thursday, January 7th at 9:00 PM ET/PT with an encore viewing of the live “iMPACT!” special.

http://www.tnawrestling.com/content/view/1836/84/ 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

12-14-2009, 05:26 PM    #11 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Frustration in TNA Regarding Changes, Hogan Update, Rumor on Another TNA Tourney
By Marc Middleton
Dec 10, 2009 - 2:54:44 AM

- Hulk Hogan was hurting really bad during the recent Hulkamania tour of Australia which is why from the second night on they were doing run-ins early in the match. Hogan's hip went out during the match with Ric Flair in Melbourne and he couldn't do much from that point on.

- There is a lot of frustration within TNA right now because nobody has been given anything but a very basic outline of what's going to happen in a few weeks. The creative situation with the TV tapings this week was done with no idea given as to where everything is headed.

- Roxxi returns to TNA on next week's iMPACT in a match against ODB. There is talk of bringing back more Knockouts soon for a Knockouts Tag Title tournament at the tapings at the end of December. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

12-14-2009, 05:31 PM    #12 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

TNA Promotion Charge Continues, Major Advertising In New York City
By Amish Patel
Dec 9, 2009 - 9:35:51 AM

- On her Twitter account last night, TNA President Dixie Carter had the following to say:

TNA's 1st Times Square billboard goes up tomorrow in NYC. TNA package of goodies to the 1st person who tweets me a pic!

- It's likely the billboard will be promoting TNA's iMPACT! special on January 4th on SpikeTV, or it could be for the Final Resolution PPV or just a general TNA advertisement. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

12-21-2009, 07:24 PM    #13 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

The Monday Night Wars Returning for Good?, Spike Looking to Keep TNA on Mondays
By Marc Middleton
Dec 20, 2009 - 12:42:51 AM

- Spike TV president Kevin Kay told Multichannel News that he expects TNA's offering on January 4th will "draw significant attention from avid wrestling fans and its core young male audience." Kay wouldn't predict a rating for TNA on the 4th but did say he thinks TNA can hold it's own against WWE's Monday Night RAW.

Kay also revealed that TNA is looking to air quarterly TNA specials on Monday nights. If the show can draw good numbers, Spike is considering permanently putting TNA on Monday nights head-to-head with WWE and RAW.

Kay said: “If it's successful, I'm not opposed to moving it to Monday nights. This is the time for this … TNA has a lot of momentum with Hulk Hogan and we have the ability to market and promote it.” 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

12-21-2009, 07:28 PM    #14 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

TNA Wrestler Injured at Tonight's Pay-Per-View, Title Change at Final Resolution
By Marc Middleton
Dec 20, 2009 - 11:03:09 PM

Partial source: PWInsider

- The only title change at tonight's TNA Final Resolution pay-per-view saw Tara win the Knockouts Championship from ODB.

- Scott Steiner injured his knee during the Last Man Standing match with Bobby Lashley at tonight's show but he's okay. It's not said to be something serious. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

12-21-2009, 07:28 PM    #15 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Hogan's PPV Debut, What Happened After Final Resolution, Tour Canceled and More
By Marc Middleton
Dec 21, 2009 - 3:45:57 AM

- TNA confirmed in a press release this weekend that Hulk Hogan would be at the Genesis pay-per-view next month.

- The Young Bucks will be getting a tryout with TNA at tonight's tapings. They were in attendance at last night's Final Resolution pay-per-view.

- Chugg Entertainment announced last night that the TNA Maximum iMPACT Tour of Australia that was scheduled for February of 2010 has been postponed until later in the year. The reason given for pushing the tour back was changes in TNA's US TV production schedule.

- After last night's Final Resolution pay-per-view went off the air, AJ Styles celebrated the fans and stared Daniels down as he made his exit. Styles took the mic and asked the fans if they wanted wrestling and said that's what they just got. Styles said when they go live on January 4th they are doing it for the fans and wished everyone a Merry Christmas. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

12-23-2009, 05:49 PM    #16 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Bischoff Working with Russo, Hogan's Plans for Awesome Kong?, TNA Epics & More
By Marc Middleton
Dec 22, 2009 - 3:11:17 AM

Partial source: F4Wonline.com, Prowrestling.net

- The January 14th debut episode of TNA Epics on Spike TV will have a Kurt Angle theme and comments from Kurt Angle himself, AJ Styles and Samoa Joe. The following matches will air: Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe at Genesis 2006, Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles at Hard Justice 2008 and Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett at Genesis 2009.

- Awesome Kong said in a recent interview that when she met Hulk Hogan back in October, he told her that he has "big plans" in store for her in TNA.

- Eric Bischoff was in the TNA offices last week working with Vince Russo on planning the live edition of iMPACT on January 4th. On a related note, Dixie Carter was in New York City last week meeting with Spike TV officials regarding things planned for the company's future on the network. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

12-23-2009, 05:49 PM    #17 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Title Match at TNA's January 4th Special, Tourney Matches for New Year's Eve
By Marc Middleton
Dec 22, 2009 - 3:05:34 AM

- Taylor Wilde and Sarita will defend the TNA Knockouts Tag Team Titles against former WCW valet April Hunter and Shimmer star Lorei Lee on the New Year's Eve Knockouts special on Spike TV. Below are the tournament brackets for the one-night tournament to crown a new #1 contender to the Knockouts Title that will take place on the show:

* Hamada vs. Madison Rayne
* Traci Brooks vs. ODB
* Velvet Sky vs. Roxxi
* Awesome Kong vs. Daffney

The winner of the tournament will face Tara for the Knockouts Title on the January 4th live episode of TNA iMPACT. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

12-23-2009, 05:50 PM    #18 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

TNA Getting Rid of the Six-Sided Ring?, More on X-Pac and Hall Returning to TNA
By Marc Middleton
Dec 21, 2009 - 11:42:09 PM

- In an update on the earlier story about Scott Hall and Sean Waltman returning to TNA, the former X-Pac has been telling friends in Mexico that he's heading back to TNA for the January 4th live iMPACT special. Waltman was also claiming that Scott Hall is coming in with him.

- There has been a lot of talk within TNA about getting rid of the six-sided ring. Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff have been pushing for a more traditional pro wrestling ring. There is also said to be some other big set changes in the works for TNA in preparation for the January 4th special. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

12-23-2009, 05:51 PM    #19 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

Scott Hall Set to Join Nash on 1/4, New Details on NWO Members Reuniting in TNA
By Marc Middleton
Dec 21, 2009 - 10:03:19 PM

- According to numerous sources, Scott Hall is expected to appear at the live TNA iMPACT special on January 4th for a reunion with Kevin Nash. There also rumors that Sean "X-Pac" Waltman will be joining them but his return hasn't been confirmed.

Hall and Nash are expected to team up after Nash won the TNA Tag Team Title shot at last night's Final Resolution pay-per-view. Recent reports of Hall at independent wrestling shows have been positive.

While TNA can't use the NWO name because WWE owns it, it looks like the company is planning a reunion of the original members with Hall, Nash, Waltman and possibly Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

12-28-2009, 06:20 PM    #20 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

NEWS > TNA >

| More
Hulk Hogan & Dixie Carter Comment on the Live iMPACT Show Head-to-Head with WWE
By Marc Middleton
Dec 28, 2009 - 11:54:18 AM

- TNA sent out the following today:

HULKAMANIA IS COMING BACK TO MONDAY NIGHT ON “TNA iMPACT!”

LIVE JANUARY 4 ON SPIKE TV

Hulk Hogan’s First Live Appearance On Spike TV’s “TNA iMPACT” Will Be In A Special

3-Hour LIVE Episode Monday, January 4 At 8:00 PM ET/PT

Hulk Hogan’s first appearance inside the six-sided ring of TNA Wrestling will follow weeks of speculation after Hogan and TNA President, Dixie Carter announced their partnership on October 27 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Hogan has hinted in various media interviews that he’ll have multiple surprises in store for TNA Wrestling fans.

“I knew when I signed with TNA, that it would be important to make a statement with the first episode. Going head-to-head with the WWE on January 4th, makes the statement loud and clear: Game on!” Hogan said.

“TNA is kicking off 2010 in the biggest way possible with the biggest name in the history of our sport. Hulk Hogan is a pop culture icon, and his arrival will change not only TNA, but the entire professional wrestling landscape. We’re firing that first shot,” Carter said.

Joining Hogan for the three-hour live “iMPACT!” will be TNA World Heavyweight Champion “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles, Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle, Mick Foley, Kevin Nash, “The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe, “The Boss” Bobby Lashley, “The Blueprint” Matt Morgan and many more. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

12-28-2009, 06:27 PM    #21 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

TNA Throwing Debut Party for Hulk Hogan, Possible Debut Date for The Young Bucks
By Marc Middleton
Dec 27, 2009 - 4:07:48 PM

- As noted before, TNA president Dixie Carter announced on her Twitter that the company has signed top independent tag team The Young Bucks.

There is talk of them debuting on the January 4th live iMPACT.

- There will be a party celebrating the TNA debut of Hulk Hogan on Sunday, January 3rd at Universal Citiwalk in Orlando, Florida. Hogan and other TNA stars will be there. The event will be filmed by TNA and parts will air on the three-hour iMPACT special the next night. 

WOLFGANG
View Public Profile

12-28-2009, 06:29 PM    #22 
WOLFGANG
BARBARIAN BROTHER

TNA Worried About Attendance on 1/4, TNA Reaction to Scott Hall's Return & More
By Marc Middleton
Dec 24, 2009 - 5:02:50 AM

- Reaction within TNA to the news of Scott Hall returning has been negative because of Hall's track record with the company. Some in the company are also worried about what kind of negative impact Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff can have on TNA with making bad decisions.

- While TNA is still turning people away from the iMPACT Zone for pay-per-views, they are having problems with attendance at TV tapings. They have been having to get people to move closer together and only film that direction because of attendance lately. They are trying to get more fans to come out for the January 4th live show and the feeling is attendance is more of a problem this time around because of the slow season at Universal Studios. Attendance at the theme park is down this time of year and people in the park who aren't wrestling fans usually make up a good part of the crowd.

There is hope that with Hogan and possibly Flair performing in the iMPACT Zone in 2010, attendance among park-goers who aren't wrestling fans will increase. 

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2010, 02:23:48 PM »
Backstage update on Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff in TNA Wrestling
By Brian Cantor
Jan 22, 2010 - 12:19:19 AM

At least one element of skepticism regarding Hulk Hogan's commitment to Total Nonstop Action Wrestling was put to bed this week, as the wrestling legend attended the pay-per-view and all subsequent television tapings.

According to ProWrestling.net, Hogan maintained his own dressing room at the shows but did make an effort to mingle with the rest of the talent backstage.

While Hogan was not as hands-on as Eric Bischoff, insiders were somewhat relieved that, at least as far as the short-term is confirmed, Hogan made sure to keep a visible profile at four consecutive TNA shows.

Former "Wonder Years" star Jason Hervey, who is Eric Bischoff's production partner, has also been a regular backstage since Bischoff got involved in the promotion.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2010, 10:12:07 PM »
I must say I like the idea of Styles being under Flair's tutelage.

AJ could play the arrogant champ and talk about how no one is in his league or deserves a shot, and he has the skills to back it up and make it believable

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2010, 05:32:41 AM »
That’s kind of what AJ needs right now. God knows he’s got more ring talent than almost everybody.
Although, I wonder how that persona would pan out for him.

Oftentimes, the most successful “characters” are extensions of the guy playing them. The few brief times that I’ve met AJ – at least 5 years ago – he is the total opposite of the heel they’re trying to develop.

Then again, most people don't have Flair to help them do it.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2010, 10:21:05 PM »
Interesting Idea Discussed for AJ Styles & Ric Flair, Anderson's TNA Live Debut
By Marc Middleton
Jan 25, 2010 - 1:53:14 PM

- Ken Anderson will be making his TNA live event debut on February 4th, 5th and 6th in Kansas and Missouri.

- Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer reports that there has been talk among TNA creative of bleaching AJ Styles hair to go along with the new Ric Flair storyline. If AJ has anything to say about it, this probably won't happen but he may show up at the next set of iMPACT tapings with blonde hair.

TNA Champion AJ Styles Blasts WWE's 'Backstabbing' and Culture
By Amish Patel
Jan 25, 2010 - 3:04:56 PM

-- In an interview with the UK Sun newspaper, TNA star AJ Styles has blasted rival promotion World Wrestling Entertainment, saying he would never work for them.

"All the horror stories I've heard about WWE, there is no reason why I'd want to go.

"I'm going to tell you what I know as the main difference between the two companies.

"Desmond and I are going to work together to make this company the best, for everybody.

"Whereas in the other company they will stab each other in the back to get themselves to the next level.

"It's not about me. It's about us in TNA."

Hulk Hogan Looking to Stop TNA Live Events?, More Notes from Hogan on BTLS
By Marc Middleton
Jan 22, 2010 - 3:40:05 AM

- Here are a few highlights from Hulk Hogan's appearance on Bubba the Love Sponge's show yesterday morning:

* Hogan wants to end TNA house shows until the TV situation comes together.

* Hogan said he has no plans on bringing in only his friends to TNA.

* Bubba called Awesome Kong a b**** when talking about their incident earlier in the week. Hogan played it off as being menstrual related.

* Hogan put over Ric Flair, saying he was really on his game once he got rolling with AJ Styles.

* Hogan said his focus in TNA was showing everyone how the business works.

Another TNA Knockout Reportedly Quits the Company This Week
By Marc Middleton
Jan 22, 2010 - 4:04:24 AM

- As noted before, Awesome Kong gave her notice to TNA this past Tuesday night and now it looks like Kong's good friend and fellow Knockout Alissa Flash is leaving also.

Word is that Alissa (Melissa Anderson) requested her release from the company. There are rumors of others besides Kong and Anderson requesting their releases but nothing is confirmed.

Have We Seen the End of the Six-Sided Ring in TNA?, iMPACT Confusion, Daniels
By Marc Middleton
Jan 21, 2010 - 4:06:12 AM

- Several fans have wrote in confused about the three nights of TNA iMPACT tapings this week and how a lot of it didn't make sense. For some reason, TNA taped all the shows pretty much out of order this week, so it should go together better on TV.

- TNA star Daniels took a shot at the company ditching the six-sided ring on Twitter with the following comment: "Good news and bad news for TNA fans-> Bad: the six sided ring isn't coming back! Good: next month we'll implement two three sided rings!"

- TNA is taking their six-sided ring to the UK with them for the upcoming tour. No TV will be filmed while they're there. For what it's worth, some in TNA are under the impression that we haven't seen the last of the six-sided ring.

Top TNA Stars Upset, Reality Stars Joining TNA?, Nash & The Band, Roster Updates
By Marc Middleton
Jan 25, 2010 - 12:55:53 AM

- Kevin Nash is said to be unhappy with "The Band" nickname that is being used in TNA now. The name comes from a line the NWO used in WCW but Nash now feels that it's too dated.

- TNA has updated it's roster with profiles for Eric Bischoff, Angelina Love, Mr. Anderson, Brian Kendrick and Bubba the Love Sponge.

- MTV reality star Trishelle Canntella, who was featured on Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Championship Wrestling, said on her Twitter page that she would love to join TNA. Another reality star Joey Kovar, of MTV Real World & VH1 Celebrity Rehab fame, is featured on TMZ's website where they talk about Joey training in hopes of getting a deal with TNA because Hulk Hogan was his hero growing up. It was obvious on the Real World that Joey was a big wrestling fan and he even appeared at some independent wrestling shows in Chicago after the Real World aired.

- Robert Roode and James Storm of Beer Money have expressed their frustration to people in TNA after they heard that Vince Russo saw them as expendable and not top stars. Storm was said to be very upset at how little they were featured on the big January 4th iMPACT. It's said that there is no noticeable friction between the team and Russo as they get along just fine backstage.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2010, 04:24:47 PM »
I just watched last weeks TNA.  When was the last time Tomko actually went to the gym?  His physique has gone right down the pan since the last time I saw him.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2010, 08:39:25 AM »
Would love to see them develop Styles in the Flair mode in that even though he can out wrestle almost anybody he faces, have him take shortcuts "just because."  Also, have him put the title on a pedastal the way Flair did and do anything to keep it, just like Flair.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2010, 02:37:47 PM »
Main Event for Tomorrow Night's ECW, Bret Hart Confirmed for Next Week's RAW
By Marc Middleton
Jan 25, 2010 - 11:13:12 PM

- WWE has confirmed that Bret Hart will be on next week's RAW live from Nashville, Tennessee.

- The main event of tomorrow night's ECW on SyFy will see Kane and Christian take on Ezekiel Jackson and William Regal.

Hogan & Bischoff Looking to Hold All TNA Pay-Per-Views Except for Two in Orlando
By Marc Middleton
Jan 26, 2010 - 4:06:40 AM

- Word is that Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff only want to hold the TNA Slammiversary and Bound For Glory pay-per-views outside of the iMPACT Zone in Orlando.

The idea is that holding all other pay-per-views in Orlando will not only save money but will make the company look less minor league when they fail to sellout other arenas.

Top TNA Stars Upset, Reality Stars Joining TNA?, Nash & The Band, Roster Updates
By Marc Middleton

- Kevin Nash is said to be unhappy with "The Band" nickname that is being used in TNA now. The name comes from a line the NWO used in WCW but Nash now feels that it's too dated.

- TNA has updated it's roster with profiles for Eric Bischoff, Angelina Love, Mr. Anderson, Brian Kendrick and Bubba the Love Sponge.

- MTV reality star Trishelle Canntella, who was featured on Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Championship Wrestling, said on her Twitter page that she would love to join TNA. Another reality star Joey Kovar, of MTV Real World & VH1 Celebrity Rehab fame, is featured on TMZ's website where they talk about Joey training in hopes of getting a deal with TNA because Hulk Hogan was his hero growing up. It was obvious on the Real World that Joey was a big wrestling fan and he even appeared at some independent wrestling shows in Chicago after the Real World aired.

- Robert Roode and James Storm of Beer Money have expressed their frustration to people in TNA after they heard that Vince Russo saw them as expendable and not top stars. Storm was said to be very upset at how little they were featured on the big January 4th iMPACT. It's said that there is no noticeable friction between the team and Russo as they get along just fine backstage.

By Amish Patel

-- In an interview with the UK Sun newspaper, TNA star AJ Styles has blasted rival promotion World Wrestling Entertainment, saying he would never work for them.

"All the horror stories I've heard about WWE, there is no reason why I'd want to go.

"I'm going to tell you what I know as the main difference between the two companies.

"Desmond and I are going to work together to make this company the best, for everybody.

"Whereas in the other company they will stab each other in the back to get themselves to the next level.

Rare Title Change Happens at Today's TNA Live Event in the UK
By Marc Middleton
Jan 27, 2010 - 4:07:02 PM

- A rare title change at a TNA live event happened today in the UK as Rob Terry of The British Invasion defeated Eric Young for the TNA Global Championship. This match likely wasn't taped for TV and there's no word yet on what the reason for the change was.

Spike TV Schedules Second Monday Night iMPACT! Special
By Michael Bluth
Jan 27, 2010 - 9:58:04 AM

After TNA Monday night special on January 4th drew a strong 1.5 cable rating, it appears Spike TV has scheduled another live TNA broadcast to go head-to-head with WWE RAW.

According to news correspondent Devin Cutting, Spike TV has scheduled a second Monday night TNA Impact episode on March 1 from 9-11p.m. EST head-to-head with WWE Raw.

Comedy duo Cheech & Chong are scheduled to host WWE RAW that night.

TNA originally had an Australian tour scheduled from late Feburary to early March and then rescheduled it due to "changes in the U.S. TV production schedule."

A report on PWInsider.com states that the TNA iMPACT! taping schedule at Universal Studios in Orlando now lists live events on Monday 3/1 and Tuesday 3/1, so it appears the show will be live once again.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2010, 04:41:29 AM »
Its now official, TNA will be moving to monday nights.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2010, 12:34:00 PM »
Main Event for Tomorrow Night's ECW, Bret Hart Confirmed for Next Week's RAW
By Marc Middleton
Jan 25, 2010 - 11:13:12 PM

- WWE has confirmed that Bret Hart will be on next week's RAW live from Nashville, Tennessee.

- The main event of tomorrow night's ECW on SyFy will see Kane and Christian take on Ezekiel Jackson and William Regal.

Hogan & Bischoff Looking to Hold All TNA Pay-Per-Views Except for Two in Orlando
By Marc Middleton
Jan 26, 2010 - 4:06:40 AM

- Word is that Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff only want to hold the TNA Slammiversary and Bound For Glory pay-per-views outside of the iMPACT Zone in Orlando.

The idea is that holding all other pay-per-views in Orlando will not only save money but will make the company look less minor league when they fail to sellout other arenas.

By Marc Middleton

By Amish Patel

Rare Title Change Happens at Today's TNA Live Event in the UK
By Marc Middleton
Jan 27, 2010 - 4:07:02 PM

- A rare title change at a TNA live event happened today in the UK as Rob Terry of The British Invasion defeated Eric Young for the TNA Global Championship. This match likely wasn't taped for TV and there's no word yet on what the reason for the change was.

Spike TV Schedules Second Monday Night iMPACT! Special
By Michael Bluth
Jan 27, 2010 - 9:58:04 AM

After TNA Monday night special on January 4th drew a strong 1.5 cable rating, it appears Spike TV has scheduled another live TNA broadcast to go head-to-head with WWE RAW.

According to news correspondent Devin Cutting, Spike TV has scheduled a second Monday night TNA Impact episode on March 1 from 9-11p.m. EST head-to-head with WWE Raw.

Comedy duo Cheech & Chong are scheduled to host WWE RAW that night.

TNA originally had an Australian tour scheduled from late Feburary to early March and then rescheduled it due to "changes in the U.S. TV production schedule."

A report on PWInsider.com states that the TNA iMPACT! taping schedule at Universal Studios in Orlando now lists live events on Monday 3/1 and Tuesday 3/1, so it appears the show will be live once again.

rob terry the guy the people yell you don't know how to wrestle when he stumbles around the ring, this guy they make  champ. that's like wwe giving chris masters a belt.
F

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
Re: TNA - The NEW "Monday Night Wars" Begin:
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2010, 09:37:45 PM »
Dixie Carter Talks About Big Egos In TNA, Not Leading By Fear (Interview)
By Michael Bluth
Jan 29, 2010 - 11:03:09 AM

TNA President Dixie Carter was interviewed for the latest issue of the UK's Fighting Spirit Magazine. Carter spoke at length about Hulk Hogan's new role in TNA, where she sees the company going and more. Here's what she said about:

Dealing with Big Egos In TNA: "To me, it's not hard at all I feel if you treat somebody with respect, that's the only way you can win it back. If you work hard, that's the way to expect other people to work hard. I don't have tiered systems of how I treat different people, I treat everyone as the same. don't care if you're Kurt Angle or the newest guy on the roster, you're gonna be treated with the same level of respect, and I expect that back. To me, that's the easiest way to keep individual egos in check, because I'm not playing a game with different people or favouritism."

Her Leadership Style vs. Vince McMahon's: "I have a philosophy and it may not be right, but I feel that if people are happy personally, they'll work harder for you than if you motivate them through fear. I want to make TNA a place where they bring their families, where their wives are welcome, where their husbands are welcome, where their children are. It creates a different type of atmosphere backstage, but it creates a place where we are all in this for the same goal."

Hall & Waltman's Status with TNA, Major Respect in TNA for Ric Flair and More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 29, 2010 - 4:35:01 AM

- The feeling within TNA is that management isn't happy at all with Scott Hall and Sean Waltman but will continue to use them with the storyline that's going on. Most people figured that Hall wouldn't work out but there's a lot of disappointment in Waltman as some figured that he would have shown up in better shape considering it's probably his last shot with a major US promotion.

- At the last set of iMPACT tapings, Ric Flair was getting to know people more and was telling people he loved being there since he felt he was being used right by managing the World Champion AJ Styles. Flair was shown a ton of respect backstage with the wrestlers and agents in awe. Flair's interviews also got race reviews from those in the company. The idea of the Flair character in TNA right now is for him to be kind of like the JJ Dillon of 2010.

Knockout Pops an Implant, Bischoff Talks WWE Programming, New X Division Champ
By Marc Middleton
Jan 29, 2010 - 3:54:38 AM

Partial source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- Doug Williams is the new X Division Champion after using Rob Terry's title shot briefcase and defeating Amazing Red for the belt on last night's iMPACT.

- ODB recently had minor surgery to fix her left breast implant. Apparently it popped in the Knockouts Title match with Tara at Genesis.

- It's interesting to note that Eric Bischoff said he wasn't interested in joining TNA during an interview with the Pro Wrestling Torch this past September, while he was already in discussions with the company. Bischoff said the following about TNA and WWE:

"Not really. A, because I don't watch it. B, because I just don't think about it. I don't watch WWE, either. It's not because I don't like it. Well, it's kind of because I don't like it. It's just that it's so boring I can almost tell you what's going to happen 30 seconds before it happens. I'm not just talking about the matches, I'm talking about the whole storyline arc of the show. But, I don't want to say this the wrong way. It's not a "been there, done that" syndrome, although that's kind of part of it. It's that unless it's really creatively challenging and stimulating, I just don't think about it. Since I'm not in it and I don't really watch it, it's just not something that I think about. I've probably thought more about wrestling in the last two interviews I've done with you than I have in the last two years."

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2010, 09:40:32 PM »
TNA Impact Results 1/28/10
By PainLord
Jan 28, 2010 - 11:55:47 PM

Report by Richard Trionfo and PWinsider.com

TNA Impact 1/28/10
From Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida
Announcers: Mike Tenay and Taz

We start off tonight’s show with a recap of the issues between Mick Foley and Eric Bischoff, leading to Foley’s firing. Then we see a look at Ric Flair unveiling A.J. Styles as the next ‘Nature Boy’. Remember when Hulk Hogan threw a stipulation out the window to give Kurt Angle another title match . . . only to see Kurt Angle think that Hogan was behind the Cast Member Screw Job. What will happen as we get closer to the start of 1998?

If it is the start of the show, it must mean that Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff are going to come to the ring. Hogan tells Bischoff that it is wide open in the Impact Zone brother. He says that he wants to bring out Mick Foley right now, brother.

The fired former Executive Shareholder comes to the ring. Hogan thanks Foley for coming into the Impact Zone brother. Hogan says that he wants to work out things right now between Bischoff and Mick Foley. Eric tells Hogan that there is no situation because he fired Hogan last week after being beaten half to death. Hogan says that a lot of buttons have been pushed and he says that he never had a chance to work with Foley or any of his incarnations, brother. Hogan says that he sees a lot of good things that are on the money. Hogan says that there are a few things that need to be dialed in so Foley can be an asset, brother. Bischoff reminds Hogan that Foley laid his hands on Eric and could have put him in the hospital.

Foley says that he wishes he would have put his hands on Bischoff but he didn’t do it. Bischoff says that it doesn’t matter because last week he came out covered from head to toe (or from the hairline to the eyes) in blood. Foley says that he couldn’t have laid a hand on Bischoff because Eric would have been taken out in an ambulance.

Hogan tells Mick Foley that they need to bring things under control because brother, you need to work it out or walk out. We hear music and Hogan repeats himself.

We go to commercial.

We are back and Bubba the Love Sponge escorts Jeff Jarrett into the Impact Zone and he doesn’t want Jeff to screw him over. Jeff says that he can trust him and they can do it without lawyers.

Christy Hemme is in the interview area with Ken Anderson and Ken tells Christy that it is Mr. Anderson. He wants Christy to show him some respect. Ken says that he has to do everything himself. Since he doesn’t have a match, he has to book himself. He makes an open challenge to anyone in the locker room. He doesn’t care who it is, even Christy Hemme. He is begging that Abyss answers the challenge. He says that it doesn’t matter because the only name that people will remember at the end of the name is Mr. Anderson.

Mike and Taz talk about the 8 Card Stud Tournament at Against All Odds.

Match Number One: Desmond Wolfe with Chelsea versus Sean Morley in an 8 Card Stud Qualifying Match

They lock up and Morley works on the arm and puts Wolfe in a hammer lock. Wolfe with a reversal but Morley makes it to the ropes. Wolfe kicks the ropes before Morley moves away from them. Wolfe chokes Morley in the ropes and then he breaks. Wolfe has a discussion with the referee and he turns around into a few clotheslines and a chop. Morley with a Val Venis knee on an Irish whip and then Wolfe with a hammer lock DDT to Morley. Wolfe works on the wrist and then he drops a knee on the arm and he gets a near fall. Wolfe bridges back but Morley escapes and he kicks and punches Wolfe. Wolfe with an arm wringer and then he runs into a boot. Morley with a back elbow and Wolfe misses a clothesline. Morley with punches and a swinging neck breaker for a near fall. Morley with an Irish whip but he runs into a boot. Morley with an uranage and then he goes up top but Wolfe hits the ropes and it crotches Morley. Wolfe hits the Tower of London for the three count.
Winner: Desmond Wolfe

In the back, Jeff Jarrett enters the Brother Bischoffice. Eric wants to know where Jeff’s attorney is and Jeff says that he doesn’t want to deal with attorneys. He wants to tell Hogan that he is looking at things differently. Jeff says that he might have broken people’s trusts and he wants to repair it. Hogan says that he wants the Jeff Jarrett that he knew when he started working with Jeff’s family. Jarrett says that he is willing to start at the bottom of the ladder and work his way up. Hogan says that they need help immediately. Eric says that he has an idea. Eric suggests that Jarrett be the man to accept the Ken Anderson Challenge. Eric says that he knows that they can have an excellent match in the main event. Eric says that Jeff will be just fine since he is a great athlete. Jarrett says that he will get ready. Eric wishes Jeff luck.

We go to commercial.

We are back and it is time to talk about the Soundstage Screw Job starring Earl Hebner. We see footage from last week and the aftermath.

We see Ric Flair and A.J. Styles admiring a female and his suits since he has 30 days off. Flair says that he needs a friend as well.

Match Number Two: Daniels versus Hernandez in an 8 Card Stud Tournament Qualifying Match

Daniels attacks Hernandez while he poses on the turnbuckles and then he sends Hernandez into the turnbuckles and connects with an elbow and kicks. Hernandez does not move when Daniels tries for an Irish whip and Hernandez with a knee and a delayed vertical suplex. Daniels tries for a sunset flip but Hernandez does not go over and he suplexes Daniels by the neck. Daniels with an enzuigiri that takes Hernandez to the mat and he gets a near fall. Daniels with a cravate but Hernandez with elbows and Daniels with an STO followed by a quebrada for a near fall. Daniels sets for Angel’s Wings but Hernandez with a back body drop. Daniels with a flying knee to the back and Hernandez goes to the floor. Hernandez with a shoulder followed by the slingshot shoulder and a clothesline. Hernandez with a back body drop and a Stinger Splash and then he takes off his shirt to biel Daniels across the ring. Daniels avoids a charge into the corner and Daniels with a forearm. Hernandez with a kick and then he pulls himself up to the turnbuckles but Daniels with a palm thrust. Daniels tries for a superplex but Hernandez pushes him off. Hernandez misses a frog splash and Daniels with a rollup and he tries to use the ropes but he can only get a two count. Daniels with palm strikes but Hernandez with a shoulder toss to Daniels and then he hits the Dominator for the three count.
Winner: Hernandez

We go to commercial.

Velvet is stretching with Madison while Lacey is standing there. We go back to commercial.

Mike Tenay is in the ring and he talks about the battle of the awesome tag teams that will take place at Against All Odds. Out first are the Nasty Boys. Out next are Team 3D. Security tries to keep Team 3D away from the ring. Ray tells the Nastys that they waited until they were in Japan to show up in TNA and mess up their locker room. Then the following week, they waited to blast them in the back of the heads like a couple of punks. Ray reminds them that they used a couple of chairs on them last week. Ray wonders where the Nastys have been for the last ten years. Security holds Team 3D on the ramp.

Sags talks about how nasty they are.

Devon tells them what they have been doing during the ten years that the Nasty Boys have been retired. Devon talks about the companies that they won titles in and mentions ECW, WWE, All Japan, and New Japan in addition to TNA. Devon says that nobody has accomplished what they have done.

Knobs mentions the Road Warriors, Hart Foundation, Steiners, Hall and Nash, and Harlem Heat to mention the teams who felt the wrath of the Nasty Boys. He says that Team 3D are on their chopping block. On Valentine’s Day (February 14th in case you didn’t know), they won’t be giving Team 3D any flowers or chocolates. They will be beating up Team 3D.

Ray says that they can take jabs at each other all day long, but everyone wants to see these two teams beat the crap out of each other. Ray tells Knobs to shut up.

Christy is in the interview area with Lacey Von Erich, Velvet Sky, and Madison Rayne and she wants to know what they think about the return of Angelina Love. Velvet says that she is sick of hearing about them. She knows that everyone wants to be part of the group, but not everyone can do it. Madison says that Angelina is so 2009 and they have moved on to bigger and better things. Madison says that they are going to show everyone where Knockouts Gold belongs. Lacey says something before they hold up something shiny to quiet her.

We see Jeff Jarrett up close as we go to commercial.

We are back and it is time for Bobby and Eric to talk about his current status. He wants to know if Bobby’s flight was okay. Eric tells Bobby that after looking at things, Bobby is fired despite having the guts to not let his wife talk for him. Bobby is escorted out by security.

Match Number Three: Madison Rayne, Lacey Von Erich, and Velvet Sky with their Dance Party USA routine versus Hamada, Awesome Kong, and Tara with Poison

Madison and Hamada start things off and Madison doesn’t take things seriously and Hamada with kicks and chops followed by a head butt and another chop. Hamada with another head butt and a chop. Hamada works on the arm and then does a Spoiler homage with an arm drag. Madison with a kick and then she tags in Velvet. Velvet works on the arm and then she tags in Lacey. Lacey works on the arm and then she tags in Madison who continues to work on the arm. Hamada tries to escape but Madison holds on. Hamada with a drop toe hold and then Tara is tagged in and she punches and slams Madison followed by the shimmy moonsault for a near fall. Tara with a chop and Velvet with a kick to the back and Madison with a clothesline for a near fall. Velvet tags in and she runs Tara into the turnbuckles with shoulders. Madison chokes Tara while the referee is distracted. Velvet rakes the eyes and then Tara and Velvet pull each other down by the hair. Madison and Kong tag in and Lacey joins in with a clothesline that does nothing. Kong with a double clothesline and Hamada tags in with a drop kick to Madison. Madison with an Irish whip but she runs into a kick and then she hits a roundhouse kick on Lacey and Velvet. Tara with a slam to Lacey followed by a moonsault but the referee deals with Velvet and Tara. Madison hits Hamada with the ugly stick and gets the three count.
Winners: Velvet Sky, Lacey Von Erich, and Madison Rayne

After the match, Lacey and Madison attack Tara. From out of nowhere, Angelina Love comes into the ring and she is almost completely dressed. Angelina attacks Madison and Lacey and pushes Lacey out of the ring.

We go to Hogan’s office and he has Earl Hebner in his office wondering why he called for the bell. Earl says that Angle tapped out when he reversed the hold. Hogan says he saw what happened. After 30 years in the business, you know when things happen. He says that it wasn’t time to ring the bell. Hogan says that Earl did this 12 years ago in Montreal. Hogan says that he is his friend and he wants to know the truth. Earl tells Hogan that he screwed Bret and he screwed Angle for the money. He got a check from Flair. Hogan says that is disgusting and as his friend, he doesn’t know what to say. He tells Earl that he is suspended.

We go to commercial.

We see Kurt Angle walking in the back and he will still be walking as we return to commercial.

We are back and Flair is talking to A.J. about the new TNA and there are more women in the dressing room and Flair is in shock. Flair takes one and A.J. is with the other three. Flair woos for a while.

Mick Foley is in the back and Bubba the Love Sponge says that he knows that Bischoff is going to call him into his office. Foley calls Bubba a ‘glass half empty’ person while Foley says that he is a ‘glass half full’ person. He says that things will be resolved.

Kurt Angle comes to the ring to discuss his part in the Theme Park Screw Job last week. Kurt tells A.J. Styles that their match at Genesis is a match that they will never forget. He says that it was the greatest match of his life. That is why he is confused, disappointed, and pissed off. He reminds A.J. that they shook hands to determine who the greatest wrestler in the world was. He says that was supposed to be a match that will be talked about for generations. Angle says that A.J. disappointed him, the boys in the back, and most of all he disappointed the TNA wrestling (cast members) fans. Angle says that A.J. went from a hero to a punk a** b**ch. Angle talks about last week and he says that he didn’t see it coming. He tells A.J. that Flair doesn’t care about him. He says that Flair is the dirtiest player in the game and he wants to know if that is how A.J. wants his legacy to be. Angle talks about his qualifying match and he says that when he wins the tournament, it will be them one more time and A.J. will not get by the greatest wrestler who ever lived.

Hulk Hogan’s muzak plays and he comes to the ring. Hogan says that Angle accused him of something that he didn’t do when they were in the office. Hogan says that years ago, things would have been different. Hogan says that as the leader of TNA, he functions on a whole different level. After last week, when Kurt spit in his face, that is unacceptable. As the leader of TNA, if it ever happens again and Angle crosses the line, he can consider himself unemployed. Hogan wants to know if they have an understanding.

Kurt tells Hulk Hogan that he apologizes for what he did. He says that it was inexcusable. Angle reminds Hogan that he is leading TNA. That means that everything that happens in the ring is Hogan’s responsibility. Angle apologizes and shakes Hogan’s hand.

From out of nowhere, Sean Waltman attacks Angle and he is joined by Scott Hall. Hall punches Angle and Waltman with a snap leg drop to Angle. We go to commercial.

We are back with a moments ago handshake moment followed by the attack by the two guys who aren’t part of the company.

Hall and Waltman are by the door and security pushes them out and Hall says that he will see them next week.

Match Number Four: Brian Kendrick, Alex Shelley, and Chris Sabin versus Generation Me and Amazing Red

Kendrick attacks Red before the match starts and then he connects with forearms. Kendrick misses a charges into the corner and then Red with a drop kick to the back followed by a drop kick and Sabin and Shelley attack Red. Shelley goes into a boot and then Red with a spin kick to Sabin off Shelley’s back. Generation Me come into the match and they go after Shelley and they hit a double thrust kick followed by an alley oop drop kick to Shelley that sends him to the floor. Sabin comes off the ropes for a springboard move and he is caught and is given a gutbuster followed by a swinging neck breaker for a near fall. Sabin with a running knee to Max followed by an Irish whip and running back elbow. Shelley misses a splash into the corner and Max with a rollup on Sabin for a near fall. Jeremy tags in and he tries for a springboard move but he is caught by Shelley who hits a reverse atomic drop followed by a drop kick from Sabin and then Shelley holds Jeremy’s head up for Sabin to complete the dream sequence with another drop kick. Sabin gets a near fall. Jeremy with an elbow and he tags in Red who hits a rana and drop kick followed by a back kick. Red sets for Code Red, but he takes too long and Shelley hits a super kick. Sabin with a drop kick off Shelley’s back to knock Max off the apron. Sabin and Shelley hit a double team spike dominator but Kendrick makes the blind tag and Kendrick with a kick to the head for the three count.
Winners: Brian Kendrick, Alex Shelley, and Chris Sabin

After the match, the referee checks on Red and the British Invasion come to the ring and they have Rob’s X Division brief case. They attack Red in the ring while the referee waves near them. Terry with a choke slam to Red. They have a discussion about the briefcase while Red is able to recover. We go to commercial.

We are back and we have an X Division Title match.

Match Number Five: Doug Wiliams playing the part of Rob Terry versus Amazing Red for the X Division Title

Red hits a tornado DDT for a near fall. We see footage from during the break when Williams got the opportunity to have the match and Williams hits Chaos Theory to get the three count.
Winner: Doug Williams

After the match, Williams and Magnus celebrate in the ring and Terry is not too happy.

Jeff Jarrett is pacing in his locker room as we go to commercial.

We are back and it is time for Foley/Bischoff II: Electric Boogaloo. Foley wants to know who busted Eric open last week or if Eric did it himself. Eric says that they need to work this out and let the past go. Foley wants one more stroll down memory lane. Foley says that he talks about a bowel movement his son made six years ago at a birthday party. Foley says that he would rather pick up crap than work in TNA for a guy like Bischoff. Eric gets a chuckle out of Foley’s story. He says that he can respect Foley’s opinion, there are two people who want Foley in this company. They are Abyss and Jeremy Borash. Eric says that he has their careers in the palm of his hand and he can do what he wants with him. Eric tells Mick to have a nice day and then he leaves with the camera man.

Eric is walking in the back and he walks by A.J. Styles’ dressing room and Flair is wooing as Bischoff opens the door. A.J. asks the women which one wants a shot at the title tonight. Flair says that they are off for 30 days. Eric tells Flair that he will get to that shortly. Eric congratulates Flair because they are stuck with him. He says that Flair was smart enough to have his contract signed before Hogan and him got to TNA. Eric says that it is the Hogan/Bischoff regime. He tells Flair that A.J. doesn’t have 30 days off. He tells them that everyone in the company needs to be ready 24/7 so he better not make any travel plans.

Jeff Jarrett and Ken Anderson are walking in the back and they are separated by a TNA logo as we go to commercial.

Jeff Jarrett has stopped walking and he is thinking about his match against Ken Anderson and we go back to commercial.

Match Number Six: Ken Anderson versus Jeff Jarrett

Jeff Jarrett is starting so far down that he doesn’t even have entrance music or pyro.

They lock up and Anderson backs Jarrett into the corner and he tries to punch Jarrett but Jarrett moves and he punches Anderson. Anderson wants a time out. Jarrett with a side head lock and shoulder tackle or three. Jarrett swings but Anderson falls away and goes to the ropes. Anderson with a knee and then he connects with forearms to the back. Anderson sends Jarrett’s head into the turnbuckles and he punches Jarrett. Jarrett with a hip toss or two followed by a drop kick. Jarrett clotheslines Anderson over the top rope to the floor. Instead of maintaining the advantage, he does the Jarrett strut and we go to commercial.

We are back and Jarrett is on the apron and Anderson kicks Jarrett and then he sends Jarrett into the ring post. Anderson punches Jarrett as the referee warns him. Anderson slams Jarrett’s hand onto the ring steps. Anderson with a hammer lock and then he hits a hammer lock throw on Jarrett and gets a near fall. Anderson with an arm bar. Jarrett with a punch but he runs into a boot after an Irish whip. Anderson with a single arm DDT but he can only get a near fall. Anderson with a forearm and then he puts Jarrett into a sleeper for a second and then he puts Jarrett in a key lock. Jarrett punches Anderson but Anderson with a shoulder tackle for a near fall. Anderson goes up top and he tries for the Kenton Bomb but Jarrett moves (and Anderson overshoots Jarrett anyway). Jarrett gets a second wind and he punches Anderson. Anderson sets for the Mic Check but Jarrett tries for the Stroke. Anderson with a low blow and a three count with an inside cradle.
Winner: Ken Anderson

We see Eric Bischoff in an insert saying that this was great.

After the match, Anderson with a double sledge from the apron onto Jarrett and then he punches Jarrett. Anderson rolls Jarrett back into the ring and he waits for Jeff to get up. Anderson sizes him up and then he hits the Mic Check.

We go to the Bischoffice and he says that it is going to be a long, hard climb for Jarrett.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2010, 01:42:22 PM »
source: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/eric-bischoff-responds-to-honky-tonk-mans-tna-claims-95459

We reported yesterday that The Honky Tonk Man has claimed that he is close to signing a deal with TNA.
Eric Bischoff appeared on The Bubba The Love Sponge Show this morning and had the following to say about potentially working with Honky:
"[I'd] rather drive a rusty ice pick through my thigh." Bischoff also claimed that Honky "couldn't draw flies if he were rolled in horse shit." He finally put Honky's claims to rest by saying "There's no truth to that at all."

Also, the final cable rating for the January 28th edition of TNA Impact on Spike TV scored a 1.4, up from 1.3 last week. The show did 1.9 million viewers.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #120 on: January 31, 2010, 10:14:24 AM »
Its now official, TNA will be moving to monday nights.

Maybe I'm not hip to this aspect of the business. Why go to Monday night and fracture your audience competing against the WWE, when you can have Thursdays all to yourself?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: January 31, 2010, 11:21:52 AM »
The decision to broadcast a show directly against another is a marketing ploy.
It sends the message that TNA is confident they have a show good enough to directly compete with WWE, and that will spark interest. And if TNA delivers the goods, the interest will hold, then grow.

WCW used similar tactics beginning in the mid-90’s.
The competition forced both companies to continually improve their products to fight for the top spot, which produced a lot of fantastic programming for the fans.

TNA is probably banking on many fans remembering how great the “Monday Night Wars” were, and hopes to recreate the success of that time period.

This could also enhance McMahon’s show.
“Could.”
A lot of people feel that Vince is at his best when he has to be, and another Monday night show will create that need.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2010, 11:33:10 AM »
The decision to broadcast a show directly against another is a marketing ploy.
It sends the message that TNA is confident they have a show good enough to directly compete with WWE, and that will spark interest. And if TNA delivers the goods, the interest will hold, then grow.

WCW used similar tactics beginning in the mid-90’s.
The competition forced both companies to continually improve their products to fight for the top spot, which produced a lot of fantastic programming for the fans.

TNA is probably banking on many fans remembering how great the “Monday Night Wars” were, and hopes to recreate the success of that time period.

This could also enhance McMahon’s show.
“Could.”
A lot of people feel that Vince is at his best when he has to be, and another Monday night show will create that need.

last time tna did monday night they replayed their entire 3 hour show thursday night so they kept that safety net open.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2010, 11:59:08 AM »
TNT also ran back-to-back airings with Nitro.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: February 06, 2010, 03:16:10 PM »
Awesome Kong & Bubba are back up on TNA's web site.
Oddly enough, Scott Steiner has been removed.

Also, from wrestlezone.com:

Following the altercation between herself and Bubba The Love and Sponge, we reported that TNA Knockout Awesome Kong asked TNA for her release from the company. ProWrestling.net is now reporting that TNA management denied Kong's request to be released from the company and she is still under contract with TNA. As a result of the release denial, Kong did not appear on the UK tour as advertised, but did agree to work a match for TNA the night after the altercation with Bubba.

It's also being said that the tension between Kong and Bubba has apparently been resolved following a meeting between Hogan, Kong, Bubba and Bischoff. It wouldn't surprise many to see this possibly turn into a TV angle in the future. As we exclusively reported after the incident, several TNA sources claimed that they wouldn't be surprised if the entire thing was provoked by Bischoff and Russo, so that it could be later used as an angle.