Author Topic: TNA News:  (Read 159815 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: TNA - The NEW "Monday Night Wars" Begin:
« Reply #125 on: February 07, 2010, 08:17:09 AM »
Awesome Kong & Bubba are back up on TNA's web site.
Oddly enough, Scott Steiner has been removed.

Also, from wrestlezone.com:

add flair subtract steiner= simple math, but where's sharkboy?
F

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #126 on: February 07, 2010, 08:27:15 AM »
Payback's a bitch.

When I checked yesterday, I'm positive I saw Sharkboy's profile.
Sounds like there's a good bit happening in those production meetings.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: February 07, 2010, 01:02:38 PM »
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE might not not be renewing many of the legend's contracts which are set to expire this year.
The legend's deals are mostly in place for marketing reasons, and allow WWE the exclusive right to sell certain legend's merchandise. In some cases, the legend's deals prevent wrestlers from working with rival wrestling promotions.

Wouldn't surprise me if TNA may be signing one or more past big names - at least on a limited term basis.

Wonder if we'll get to see another "War to Settle the Score."
 ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2010, 06:49:18 AM »
Link to RVD's Feb 3, radio show - Hogan/TNA offer:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/rvdradio/2010/02/04/rvd-radio-with-rob-van-dam

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #129 on: February 09, 2010, 11:58:21 AM »
So is TNA on tonight against RAW? I personally don't think they have a chance. WCW was cool because it was VKM's big stars heading South. Plus Goldberg. Those days are way over. Who really wants to watch the Outsiders again? The Federation has got just too much star power. Plus VKM has so much money. The storylines have just been a bit dumb. But I mean it's all turned around now due to the time of year. Rumble, Chamber, and Mania. I see TNA as ZERO competition unless some of the Federations top guys jump ship. It's not happening twice. I'll be watching RAW tonight.

TNA just doesn't have what it takes to compete with the WWE right now. Plain & simple. They need a few years and they need to open up their wallets and start signing some new talent and yonger star power if they even want to be considered a competitor to the WWE. Vince has cornered the market for now.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: February 10, 2010, 06:51:23 PM »
Wrestlezone.com reported earlier that TNA has removed the profile of Bobby Lashley from the roster section of their website. PWInsider.com is reporting that although this may indicate that he has left TNA, it should be noted that he is still under contract with the company.
At this time, however, TNA has written him off TV and has no current plans for him. Lashley remains on good terms with TNA, and could return to TV whenever he wants, but at this time TNA is not considering him a part of the active roster.

Eric Bischoff recently fired Lashley on an episode of Impact, however, that was worked and we have not received any confirmation that Lashley is in fact gone from the company. It should be noted, however, that Lashley has said his pro wrestling future is in doubt due to his recent signing with Strikeforce.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: February 11, 2010, 06:01:21 AM »
Wrestlezone.com reported earlier that TNA has removed the profile of Bobby Lashley from the roster section of their website. PWInsider.com is reporting that although this may indicate that he has left TNA, it should be noted that he is still under contract with the company.
At this time, however, TNA has written him off TV and has no current plans for him. Lashley remains on good terms with TNA, and could return to TV whenever he wants, but at this time TNA is not considering him a part of the active roster.

Eric Bischoff recently fired Lashley on an episode of Impact, however, that was worked and we have not received any confirmation that Lashley is in fact gone from the company. It should be noted, however, that Lashley has said his pro wrestling future is in doubt due to his recent signing with Strikeforce.

Problem with Lashley is that he doesn't know if he wants to be a pro wrestler or a pro MMA fighter. He needs to decide. If he's with TNA and there is a TNA PPV, he needs to commit to that PPV. Not run off or refuse to do it because he's in MMA training.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2010, 03:25:37 PM »
The following is from Spike.com:

Hulk Hogan Announces Return to the Ring
On the heels of a recent announcement that TNA iMPACT would permanently move to Monday night, Hulk Hogan revealed his long-awaited return to the ring would come during a live broadcast from the iMPACT Zone.

On Monday, March 8 Hulkamania runs wild when TNA Wrestling officially begins life at its new home on Monday nights with the second live broadcast on network TV in 2010. The news was announced during the taping of iMPACT in Orlando, FL to a live audience. That episode airs on February 25, so stay tuned Thursday nights to find out how it all went down.

and in other news. . .

ProWrestlng.net is reporting that TNA star Kurt Angle is working through back and calf injuries at the moment. He worked his match at Monday's Impact taping with his calf taped up, and he will reportedly be working a reduced house show schedule while he recovers from the injury. It's being said that Angle himself requested a lighter house show schedule anyways as he feels he needs time to recover, and there are some within TNA that feel he needs to be written off TV for awhile so that he can heal up from several nagging injuries.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: February 25, 2010, 04:43:39 PM »
Is that for their March 8th show?

I think they’re wise to do a “mixed-tag” match like that.
Hogan admittedly revealed in interviews that he was disappointed with his ring performance during the Australia tour.
Unless he’s able to get back into the right shape, I hope Hulk does not try to wrestle full-time.
In a limited capacity, yes – absolutely. I think the tag match is a great idea.

Hogan/Flair = draw/hype
AJ/Abyss = skill/talent

Some may argue that if Hogan were capable of achieving the physical conditioning necessary for routine ring work, he would have done it for the OZ tour.
Then again, he probably had a lot on his plate with organizing & promoting that event. Maybe now he can devote the proper time and energy to get into shape.

So long as they can put on a good show without tarnishing their legacy, I have no problem with “Legends” wrestling past their prime.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2010, 05:26:53 PM »
Is that for their March 8th show?

I think they’re wise to do a “mixed-tag” match like that.
Hogan admittedly revealed in interviews that he was disappointed with his ring performance during the Australia tour.
Unless he’s able to get back into the right shape, I hope Hulk does not try to wrestle full-time.
In a limited capacity, yes – absolutely. I think the tag match is a great idea.

Hogan/Flair = draw/hype
AJ/Abyss = skill/talent

Some may argue that if Hogan were capable of achieving the physical conditioning necessary for routine ring work, he would have done it for the OZ tour.
Then again, he probably had a lot on his plate with organizing & promoting that event. Maybe now he can devote the proper time and energy to get into shape.

So long as they can put on a good show without tarnishing their legacy, I have no problem with “Legends” wrestling past their prime.

I agree.  If used properly there is no reason older guys can't compliment the younger talent.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2010, 11:20:58 PM »
I don't think his body will allow him to do the type of training necessary to get in wrestling shape.

On Hogan's run-in during the Abyss match, he was noticably favoring his hip.

I'll bet he doesn't do a legdrop during the March 8 match. He'll just come in, throw punches and Abyss will get the pin.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #136 on: February 26, 2010, 01:24:21 PM »
tna better get it's act together if they want to compete with raw. i've noticed a steady decline in ring action as witnessed by last nights show. total nonstop action=tna, not anymore talking is replacing the action. last night was the worse 15 minutes of talking for every 3 minutes of ring action. the rob terry mr anderson match  or i should say non-match was pathetic. the street fight which was hyped several times during the show and recapped before the action or non action also pathetic. 6 pack and ey rolled around for several seconds and kevin nash apparently can't even fall down anymore when his action with scott hall was shown he was already laying on the ground as if hall hit him with the pipe .
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: March 04, 2010, 04:07:41 PM »
by Nick Paglino
Mar 04, 2010 SpikeTV has posted the following on its official Twitter account: "RT @TNA_FANS: HULK HOGAN confirms "Mr. Monday Night" RVD has signed with TNA Wrestling! http://bit.ly/cZ9HmK @SPIKE_TV"

ProWrestling.net is reporting that TNA officials are "fuming" mad over the fact that SpikeTV posted the Tweet confirming Rob Van Dam's signing with the company. TNA wanted RVD's debut with the company to be a surprise, and did NOT want to announce it before this Monday's live Impact broadcast, but after hearing the interview that Hulk Hogan did where he hinted at RVD signing with TNA, Spike officials jumped the gun and confirmed RVD's contract signing.

MusselFreek

• Getbig III
  • Go Beserk!
« Reply #138 on: March 04, 2010, 06:27:05 PM »
TNA is recycling wwe's old angles. ric flair making A.J. Styles into ric flair wanna be? is it like HHH wanna be ric flair.. crazy. ??? ??? :-\

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: March 04, 2010, 08:12:33 PM »
RVD still has some drawing power.
Will it make the difference between swimming or sinking?
No.

But at this stage, TNA needs to do everything it can to make an “impact.”

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #140 on: March 05, 2010, 09:38:27 AM »
tna better get it's act together if they want to compete with raw. i've noticed a steady decline in ring action as witnessed by last nights show. total nonstop action=tna, not anymore talking is replacing the action. last night was the worse 15 minutes of talking for every 3 minutes of ring action. the rob terry mr anderson match  or i should say non-match was pathetic. the street fight which was hyped several times during the show and recapped before the action or non action also pathetic. 6 pack and ey rolled around for several seconds and kevin nash apparently can't even fall down anymore when his action with scott hall was shown he was already laying on the ground as if hall hit him with the pipe .

I caught part of the 03-04. It's still too busy with too many angles, most of them poorly developed.

For example, the lead up to the Hogan/Abyss vs. Flair/Styles had various friends of Hogan pleading with him not to wrestle and risk his health, but Hogan's actual health issues were never discussed, and on the surface, he still looks big and strong. Plus, he's going up against a guy, Flair, who's even older. "No Hulk, don't go in there and risk your health against a sixty-year-old man and a guy who's half your size."

In addition, one of the guys brought in was Bubba the Love Sponge who, before making his plea, had to explain his relationship with Hogan, and, for good reason. I didn't know they were real friends outside the business. "Hulk, you and me go back a long way." "Well, Bubba, you better elaborate on that, because the audience doesn't know what the hell you're talking about."

Regarding your criticism about the lack of wrestling, it's spot on, and to the point where calling these guys professional wrestlers is a stretch. They don't wrestle.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #141 on: March 05, 2010, 01:41:48 PM »
I caught part of the 03-04. It's still too busy with too many angles, most of them poorly developed.

For example, the lead up to the Hogan/Abyss vs. Flair/Styles had various friends of Hogan pleading with him not to wrestle and risk his health, but Hogan's actual health issues were never discussed, and on the surface, he still looks big and strong. Plus, he's going up against a guy, Flair, who's even older. "No Hulk, don't go in there and risk your health against a sixty-year-old man and a guy who's half your size."

In addition, one of the guys brought in was Bubba the Love Sponge who, before making his plea, had to explain his relationship with Hogan, and, for good reason. I didn't know they were real friends outside the business. "Hulk, you and me go back a long way." "Well, Bubba, you better elaborate on that, because the audience doesn't know what the hell you're talking about."

Regarding your criticism about the lack of wrestling, it's spot on, and to the point where calling these guys professional wrestlers is a stretch. They don't wrestle.
it wasn't much better last night first 23 minutes was talking at least some of it was flair, that guy's head is gonna explode one day. the wrestling was few and far between, does any one really want to see hogan stumble around the ring again? him and flair bleed good though. tenay mentioned in passing that samoa joe was kidnapped two weeks ago but no one knows where he is, gee he didn't even seem to care. on a related note the movie wrong side of the tracks starring david bautista actually stars rvd or rob van damm who actually looks in decent shape again. bautista is on the cover of the dvd with van damm in the background but his part hardly lasts 12 minutes his meaning bautista.
F

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #142 on: March 05, 2010, 01:59:42 PM »
tenay mentioned in passing that samoa joe was kidnapped two weeks ago but no one knows where he is, gee he didn't even seem to care.

LOL

Bishoff should be the one kidnapped.

What's with Eric Young? Wasn't he just the head of an Anti-American faction of wrestlers? Now, he's best buds with Kevin Nash. I think Nash is originally from Detroit. I guess that's close enough to the Canadian Border.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #143 on: March 05, 2010, 02:28:31 PM »
LOL

Bishoff should be the one kidnapped.

What's with Eric Young? Wasn't he just the head of an Anti-American faction of wrestlers? Now, he's best buds with Kevin Nash. I think Nash is originally from Detroit. I guess that's close enough to the Canadian Border.
right there getting rid of bishoff would improve the show 100 percent, if he gotta be there keep him off camera.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: March 08, 2010, 07:13:56 AM »
Former WCW commentator & current Pittsburgh sports radio host Mark Madden offers his thoughts on TNA’s direction & strategy regarding the “New Monday Night Wars.”

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/mark-madden-returns-talks-monday-night-wars-kong-more-97599

I never much cared for Madden as an announcer, and I certainly don’t agree with everything in this rant.
He does, however, raise a few interesting and valid points.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: March 08, 2010, 07:18:33 AM »
According to a report on F4WOnline.com, you can add Jeff Hardy to the list of debuts/returns planned for Monday's TNA Impact show from Orlando.

Hardy is added to the list that currently includes the debut of Rob Van Dam, the return of Sting, and the TNA in-ring debuts of Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair for the Impact show that goes head-to-head with WWE RAW.

TNA Impact is live from Orlando, Florida for their second live Monday show, this time being the first on their new weekly Monday schedule.

The only match confirmed for the show is the TNA in-ring debut of Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair, as they face off in a tag match pitting Hogan & Abyss vs. Flair & AJ Styles. Another rumored match for the show is Scott Hall & Sean Waltman vs. Kevin Nash & Eric Young. Read more on that here.

Also confirmed for Monday's Impact is the TNA return of Sting. TNA president Dixie Carter confirmed the return of Sting on her Twitter account. And finally, Spike TV let the cat out of the bag by announcing the TNA debut of Rob Van Dam, also scheduled for this Monday's live show.

Make sure to visit WrestleZone.com this Monday night for the best TNA Impact play-by-play coverage on the internet. In the mean time, chat about Monday's Impact in our Wrestling Forum.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: March 08, 2010, 07:22:08 AM »
right there getting rid of bishoff would improve the show 100 percent, if he gotta be there keep him off camera.
Disagree 100%. Bshoff is the one who made WCW see a profit for the first time and beat WWF (at the time) 92 weeks in a row in ratings.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: March 08, 2010, 07:31:24 AM »
The following is an excerpt from an article on TulsaWorld.com:

Goldberg said he has other projects in the works, but he doesn't see his future including a return to the wrestling ring. Some Internet reports claimed wrestling superstar Hulk Hogan said in late January that Goldberg could be joining the promotion Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, which Hogan recently became involved with. Goldberg was rather blunt when asked about that possibility.

"Pardon my French, but Hulk Hogan's full of crap because I was never in negotiations with TNA," he said. "Do I see myself getting back in the wrestling ring? I'm 43 years old. Do I want to be Ric Flair? Do I want to be Hulk Hogan? In the twilight of my life, do I want to be running around in my underwear trying to injure people? Absolutely not."

Instead, Goldberg said he plans to focus on other aspects of his life, including being a father to his son, Gage.

"(Wrestling) was a stage in my life, a wonderful stage," he said. "Do I ever see it happening again? You never say never, but I don't see it likely by any stretch of the imagination.

"I'm putting together chicken nuggets that are shaped like dinosaurs for my kid and I'm watching 'SpongeBob' as opposed to sitting up at the gym, thinking about myself. I've just kind of moved on, and I don't see it happening."

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: March 08, 2010, 10:11:33 AM »
The following is an excerpt from an article on TulsaWorld.com:

Goldberg said he has other projects in the works, but he doesn't see his future including a return to the wrestling ring. Some Internet reports claimed wrestling superstar Hulk Hogan said in late January that Goldberg could be joining the promotion Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, which Hogan recently became involved with. Goldberg was rather blunt when asked about that possibility.

"Pardon my French, but Hulk Hogan's full of crap because I was never in negotiations with TNA," he said. "Do I see myself getting back in the wrestling ring? I'm 43 years old. Do I want to be Ric Flair? Do I want to be Hulk Hogan? In the twilight of my life, do I want to be running around in my underwear trying to injure people? Absolutely not."

Instead, Goldberg said he plans to focus on other aspects of his life, including being a father to his son, Gage.

"(Wrestling) was a stage in my life, a wonderful stage," he said. "Do I ever see it happening again? You never say never, but I don't see it likely by any stretch of the imagination.

"I'm putting together chicken nuggets that are shaped like dinosaurs for my kid and I'm watching 'SpongeBob' as opposed to sitting up at the gym, thinking about myself. I've just kind of moved on, and I don't see it happening."

Lol...that was golden. He's 100% correct too. Some of these guys need to know when to hang it up. Wrestling at 45 years plus is pathetic.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: March 08, 2010, 11:21:37 AM »
I like that he flat out declared that Hogan’s full of shit.
This confirms that some rumors (probably more than we think) are started by the promotions themselves.

That being said, I don’t mind someone of a certain age still wrestling because they simply love it - provided they are quite capable of putting on a decent showing.

Terry Funk is/was a great example.

But it’s rather pitiful to see a guy who can’t swing it anymore, and he’s hanging onto a gig he can’t work because he needs the money and/or because his ego is starved for attention.

From lawsuits, divorces, and dwindling investments from a shitty stock market, to trying to adjust to life as a “non-celebrity” after being one of the biggest global household names ever, it’s certainly believable that your Hogan’s and Flair’s fall into at least a couple of the above-mentioned categories.

But, fukkit. I’ll be watching tonight!