Author Topic: TNA News:  (Read 158965 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: TNA News:
« Reply #350 on: August 03, 2010, 04:31:44 AM »
And, the other big TNA announcement to start off our week - I actually like this one - comes from the official Twitter page of TNA president Dixie Carter:

"Just spoke to Dreamer. SABU is confirmed for HardCORE Justice this Sunday."

From what I have read & heard, they have quite a few people for that show. Should be good.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #351 on: August 03, 2010, 06:13:19 AM »
I don't know how well Sabu's moving these days, but I know he'll put on a hell of a show!

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #352 on: August 03, 2010, 06:23:36 AM »
credit: wrestlezone.com

I'm happy for guys that are doing it but it's nice to see the little bingo hall company everyone 'blew off' back in the days as 'insignificant' is called upon every time business is in the toilet."

It's called desperation. How many times have the Horseman and the NWO been recycled in an effort to recapture past success? Does it ever work?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #353 on: August 03, 2010, 08:40:22 AM »
TNAWrestling.com has announced that TNA will be returning to The Arena in Phiily, the home of the original ECW promotion, on September 24th.
Rob Van Dam, Jeff Hardy, Mr. Anderson, Jeff Jarrett, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero, Ink Inc. and more are being advertised for the event. For more details, click here.

The way TNA keeps experimenting with the ECW-esque product and demographic, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they continue to move more & more in that direction - particularly if they experience increasing success with it.
This niche may turn out to be the shot in the ass they are so desperately seeking and need.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #354 on: August 03, 2010, 12:30:32 PM »
It's called desperation. How many times have the Horseman and the NWO been recycled in an effort to recapture past success? Does it ever work?
Absolutely not.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #355 on: August 04, 2010, 04:28:30 AM »
TNA suspends Samoa Joe for bad attitude....

As reported earlier, Samoa Joe was said to be very upset following his match with Jeff Hardy on iMPACT! last Thursday, which ended in a time limit draw. Joe was furious following the bout because he felt the finish was given away by TNA having ring announcer Jeremy Borash say there were 30 seconds remaining when he specifically asked them not to. According to a source, Joe headed backstage and screamed at Vince Russo while Dixie Carter was present. There are reports that Russo instructed Borash to announce that there were 30 seconds remaining in the match which got Joe irate.

Joe hasn't worked for the company since the outburst. He wasn't on hand for last week's iMPACT! television tapings in Orlando. One source claims Joe yelled at production team members David Sahadi and Keith Mitchell, while others say it was Vince Russo — who reportedly instructed Borash as we noted above.

Meanwhile, another source felt that Joe was right about the finish being given away, but added that he handled the situation poorly. He's had past backstage outbursts which doesn't help matters.

As of this writing, we believe that Joe has been suspended by TNA. We'll keep you posted as we get more.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #356 on: August 04, 2010, 04:30:46 AM »
Sounds like Joe has been testing the boundaries of his backstage political standing.
I believe he just found them.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #357 on: August 04, 2010, 07:53:00 AM »
Sounds like Joe has been testing the boundaries of his backstage political standing.
I believe he just found them.

He's been on thin ice for a while now. If he's smart, he'll play his politics because if he gets canned he'll be ruined. It would be Japan or the WWE. If he came to wwe he would be a glorified jobber as we all know how VInce treats talent that he hasn't created or talent that works for rival organizations despite their popularity.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #358 on: August 04, 2010, 08:45:02 AM »
TNA suspends Samoa Joe for bad attitude....

As reported earlier, Samoa Joe was said to be very upset following his match with Jeff Hardy on iMPACT! last Thursday, which ended in a time limit draw. Joe was furious following the bout because he felt the finish was given away by TNA having ring announcer Jeremy Borash say there were 30 seconds remaining when he specifically asked them not to. According to a source, Joe headed backstage and screamed at Vince Russo while Dixie Carter was present. There are reports that Russo instructed Borash to announce that there were 30 seconds remaining in the match which got Joe irate.

Joe hasn't worked for the company since the outburst. He wasn't on hand for last week's iMPACT! television tapings in Orlando. One source claims Joe yelled at production team members David Sahadi and Keith Mitchell, while others say it was Vince Russo — who reportedly instructed Borash as we noted above.

Meanwhile, another source felt that Joe was right about the finish being given away, but added that he handled the situation poorly. He's had past backstage outbursts which doesn't help matters.

As of this writing, we believe that Joe has been suspended by TNA. We'll keep you posted as we get more.

i think joe's had a bad attitude from day one. i remember in the old tna when it was truly non-stop action wrestling, he refused to sell any moves whatsoever esp if it was from a smaller wrestler. a guy would do  what was supposed to be a devastating move and joe wouldn't even acknowledge it most of the times.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #359 on: August 04, 2010, 04:05:25 PM »
  i think joe's had a bad attitude from day one. i remember in the old tna when it was truly non-stop action wrestling, he refused to sell any moves whatsoever esp if it was from a smaller wrestler. a guy would do  what was supposed to be a devastating move and joe wouldn't even acknowledge it most of the times.

That's the sign of a piss-poor worker.
On the opposite end of the spectrum, you have Terry Funk, who takes the weakest of shots & either looks like he was hit with a sledge hammer or flops around like a fish out of water.

Of the two, I would choose Terry.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #360 on: August 05, 2010, 04:42:11 AM »
This guy would accomplish absolute zero if he came to the Federation. Maybe VKM doesn't accommodate characters he didn't create correctly? Either way. This guy would be a flash in the pan. One solid push against Cena and thats it. This guy would not sell to the Feds crowd.
Not even that. He would be jobbing.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #361 on: August 05, 2010, 10:17:10 AM »

That's the sign of a piss-poor worker.
On the opposite end of the spectrum, you have Terry Funk, who takes the weakest of shots & either looks like he was hit with a sledge hammer or flops around like a fish out of water.

Of the two, I would choose Terry.

exactly, according to mick foley's book terry funk's punches looked so good because they were real?
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #362 on: August 06, 2010, 05:21:18 AM »
exactly, according to mick foley's book terry funk's punches looked so good because they were real?

Right.
I believe that Funk somehow used his wrists as the point of contact, which enabled him to fully connect.
And, unless you were literally standing right next to him, you could not tell what he was doing.

I remember watching Hogan use working punches on Bundy in the cage at WMII.
The camera zoomed in & you could see Hogan pull every punch, leaving a good 2 in. of "wind" between his fist & Bundy's head.
I was just a little kid and wasn't smartened up at the time, but I noticed it.
I just thought Hogan was tired.
 :)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #363 on: August 06, 2010, 07:14:04 AM »

Right.
I believe that Funk somehow used his wrists as the point of contact, which enabled him to fully connect.
And, unless you were literally standing right next to him, you could not tell what he was doing.

I remember watching Hogan use working punches on Bundy in the cage at WMII.
The camera zoomed in & you could see Hogan pull every punch, leaving a good 2 in. of "wind" between his fist & Bundy's head.

I was just a little kid and wasn't smartened up at the time, but I noticed it.
I just thought Hogan was tired.
 :)
If you watch carefull, you can notice this pretty much with every wrestling match. That's why I hate sitting close at a live event. The closest I ever sat was 3rd row ringside and you could litterally hear some wrestlers talking to eachother. Even the Undertaker as he moved in to punch Bret Hart opened his hand from a fist as he "connected".

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #364 on: August 06, 2010, 11:17:33 AM »
If you watch carefull, you can notice this pretty much with every wrestling match. That's why I hate sitting close at a live event. The closest I ever sat was 3rd row ringside and you could litterally hear some wrestlers talking to eachother. Even the Undertaker as he moved in to punch Bret Hart opened his hand from a fist as he "connected".
     good point it is probably better to sit a little further away from the action. back in the old ecw  days it didn't matter, i think some of those guys were really crazy and used to get carried away with the action. i nominate john cena for throwing the weakest looking punches.
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #365 on: August 06, 2010, 11:23:24 AM »
     good point it is probably better to sit a little further away from the action. back in the old ecw  days it didn't matter, i think some of those guys were really crazy and used to get carried away with the action. i nominate john cena for throwing the weakest looking punches.
Oh absolutely. ECW really pushed the limits. Mass Trasit incident was a perfect example of this.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #366 on: August 09, 2010, 10:34:50 AM »
Timmy has sat front row on a few occasions and its the best seat in the house. Especially if it's front row where they enter the ring.
I actually thought of you last night Cheftim. I was watching for the first time the career vs streak match between the Undertaker & HBK from this years wrestlemania. Very, very good match with some sick highspots. I recommend you watch it.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #367 on: August 10, 2010, 10:51:10 AM »
It sounds as though TNA's ECW Reunion PPV did well - at least enough to maybe consider evolving the angle.

PWInsider.com is reporting that Sabu, The Sandman, 2 Cold Scorpio, The FBI, Kid Kash and Bill Alfonso were all backstage at the other night's Impact! taping.  
Some reports are saying that TNA has plans to continue the ECW angle and maybe further develop the EV2.0 faction.  

Additionally, TNAWrestling.com has been advertising an EV2.0 branded t-shirt today which has led many people to believe they are not finished with the ECW angle.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #368 on: August 11, 2010, 05:16:52 AM »
I heard that Vince McMahon had actually trade marked all the ECW allumini's names so they had to use other names. For example, Justin Credible had to use his real name, Balls Mahoney had to use another name, etc. The crowd was very hostle about this and actually start a "F**k you Vince" chant.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #369 on: August 11, 2010, 05:21:42 AM »
Justin Credible appeared backstage in an original ECW t-shirt with his name on it.
Management requested he remove it and use his PJ Polaco moniker.

Balls Mahoney was referred to as "Kahoneys," which understandably infuriated the purists.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #370 on: August 11, 2010, 05:38:55 AM »
Justin Credible appeared backstage in an original ECW t-shirt with his name on it.
Management requested he remove it and use his PJ Polaco moniker.

Balls Mahoney was referred to as "Kahoneys," which understandably infuriated the purists.

Silly, isn't it?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #371 on: August 11, 2010, 05:49:53 AM »
Ah, good ole Vince.....his utter destruction of anything decent about professional wrestling is astonishing.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #372 on: August 11, 2010, 07:40:53 AM »
Ah, good ole Vince.....his utter destruction of anything decent about professional wrestling is astonishing.
It'll be even funnier when he goes down.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #373 on: August 12, 2010, 05:00:22 AM »
It'll be even funnier when he goes down.

I'll drink to that !!!  8)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #374 on: August 12, 2010, 05:40:49 AM »
I'll drink to that !!!  8)
Even Julius Ceaser back in the Roman days went down and he went down hard. So in the end if you think about it....WHo the hell is VInce McMahon???