Author Topic: TNA News:  (Read 159913 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: TNA News:
« Reply #1000 on: September 15, 2011, 06:41:41 AM »
Jay Lethal was interviewed on Worldwrestlinginsanity.c om and he said this:

"Hogan came in and a couple of months from Hogan being there, he actually said he was talking with the Macho Man and working it with him to come in. Hogan actually sat me down and explained the whole thing he wanted to do too. He wanted to film vignettes of me going to Hogan, me getting Hogan pissed off, and Hogan yelling at me. Then the next time you see me, I'm at a bar and I'm talking to somebody and you can't really see him because they're in the shadows. But they have that Savage hat on.

"Eventually you hear Savage say that we're getting Hogan right where we want him. We're getting under his skin. We got him, got him, got him. So it was going to be one of those things where I'm trying to get under Hogan's skin because that's what Savage has me doing. Then Savage comes in and it was going to be a big attack on Hogan. That was the original plan from what I was told. I don't know if that was ever really going to happen, but that's what Hogan told me personally."

That would have been interesting. Although I don't know in what shape Savage would have been in.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1001 on: September 15, 2011, 06:42:38 AM »
Rosita stated in an interview with Super Luchas that during her recent trip to Mexico, she trained at Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre's dojo and was instantly offered a contract with the promotion. However, she could not accept the offer due to TNA Wrestling's partnership with Asistencia Asesoría y Administracion, the rival promotion of CMLL.

The Mexican America member was in Mexico visiting her friend and storyline cousin Sarita, who appears for CMLL as Dark Angel. During her stay, she filmed a video message for AAA to push their ongoing "invasion" angle with TNA.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1002 on: September 15, 2011, 06:53:59 AM »
pwtorch:

Hulk Hogan says he's having formal talks about about a new TV show. "I’m in negotiations now to do a TV series that’s not wrestling related at all, with myself working with kids and families," Hogan told Channel Guide Magazine. "It’s a reality, docu-soap type thing to help troubled families and troubled kids. Actually right before I talked to you, I was in a business meeting with the head of the network talking about the deal." The interview was more focused on Wednesday's debut of the Micro Championship Wrestling show that he lent his name to.

spoiler

At Wednesday's Impact Wrestling TV taping for the September 29 episode, Hulk Hogan announced plans to retire from wrestling. He said he will have more details on the announcement at next Wednesday's TV tapings in Knoxville, Tenn. leading to the Bound for Glory PPV.

Hogan used the promo as an attempt to put over the younger wrestlers on the roster and point to the likes of Beer Money as the future of the company. Hogan's two year-contract is set to expire this fall after signing with TNA in fall 2009. Although unconfirmed, it remains to be seen if Hogan's announcement is the first step in separating from TNA.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #1003 on: September 15, 2011, 04:37:28 PM »
Hulkamania is just bailing on a sinking ship. Looking forward to seeing him come back home to the Federation.

So, he's bailing the Titanic to hop aboard the Lusitania?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #1004 on: September 16, 2011, 07:22:08 AM »
pwtorch:

Hulk Hogan says he's having formal talks about about a new TV show. "I’m in negotiations now to do a TV series that’s not wrestling related at all, with myself working with kids and families," Hogan told Channel Guide Magazine. "It’s a reality, docu-soap type thing to help troubled families and troubled kids. Actually right before I talked to you, I was in a business meeting with the head of the network talking about the deal." The interview was more focused on Wednesday's debut of the Micro Championship Wrestling show that he lent his name to.

haha, oh brother.....Hogan giving family advice?  Yeah, cause he did such a bang-up job with his idiot brood of turds.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1005 on: September 16, 2011, 11:13:32 AM »
From Honky Tonk Man's twitter via gerweck.net

Hogan is done with TNA. HTM said this almost 6 months to the date. March 2011! WWE Legend The Honky Tonk Man said on his Facebook yesterday that a top behind-the-scenes player in TNA, someone close to Hulk Hogan, has left and is returning to WWE. Honky’s team then wrote the following blog on his official website against Hulk Hogan:"You guys keep asking what’s the issue with Hogan. Here’s the deal. Hogan is in a back brace and without it he is on a walker as an old crippled dogshit of a man who could only be found with his feet in Lard Ass Bubba’s ass. You ask why HTM doesn’t like Hogan?Jeff Jarrett approached HTM for a TNA merchandise deal in 2010 and "sent" a contract. Contract never came. HTM signs with WWE & Mattel. The same time, Hogan and Bischoff join TNA and Bischoff publicly insults HTM. HTM is called up for the "Hogan & Friends Tour", went to the show and had a great event with the boys and the fans. HTM and Jimmy Hart spend hours setting up the show, spots etc. HTM and his web team promote "Hulk and Friends" everywhere which Hogan’s agent praised and admitted none of the other stars did! Bubba the lard sponge calls out HTM on his radio show so HTM posted a video owning Bubba in retaliation. Hogan goes off without seeing the facts and HTM is off the tour.HTM went to Hogan’s room on the Hogan & Friends tour and spent hours talking to Hogan. Hogan was nice to HTM’s face. That’s the deal with Hogan. That’s always the deal with Hulk Hogan. Ask Vince McMahon or Randy Savage.Hogan is a walking dead because he went with that travelling door to door meat salesman Bischoff instead of hanging with the guys who stood beside him and once again turned on WWE. McMahon’s done with Hogan and WWE have no interest in his dead ass. They put over Hogan, built him up as Babe Ruth and he spat in their face. Hogan was due to wrestle John Cena at a recent past WrestleMania but couldn’t commit due to his health issues then announces at Vince’s backyard MSG that he’s signed with TNA. Now after taking TNA nowhere Hogan’s had to take a pay cut with TNA and mark my words within 6 months he’ll be gone.What is WWE going to do with a free agent crippled Hulk Hogan? Nothing. They own the entire back catalogue, anything of worth they have. Hogan has his chance to be the Babe Ruth of WWE and spat in their face. He demands top money from Vince and has nothing in return to offer.Hogan’s "Hulk & Friends" Tour is dead in the water. Events were cancelled due to poor ticket sales and performance and Hogan’s $100k fee demand while paying his fellow boys $3k.THQ recently signed Hogan to WWE Allstars as his contract allows for outside licensing which is a slap in the face to TNA. Would McMahon let any WWE star sign a TNA merchandise deal? How is that taking "the company to the next level" Brother!.The guys in the back have no respect for Hogan and Nash is laughing his ass off now that Hogan is broke and Nash is back as a player.A major TNA backstage player has bolted TNA for WWE, someone close to Hogan which has left Hogan reeling. More on that to come..Hulkamania killed itself.HTM"

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #1006 on: September 16, 2011, 11:16:40 AM »
i don't think HTM cares for the Huckster......  ;D

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1007 on: September 16, 2011, 11:28:59 AM »
haha, oh brother.....Hogan giving family advice?  Yeah, cause he did such a bang-up job with his idiot brood of turds.
lol that's what I was thinking

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #1008 on: September 16, 2011, 12:36:16 PM »

I dunno... It sounds like they are best buds to me. :)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #1009 on: September 16, 2011, 01:53:13 PM »
I dunno... It sounds like they are best buds to me. :)

"an old crippled dogshit of a man" was my favorite....  ;D

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #1010 on: September 16, 2011, 05:53:58 PM »
I'd love to see Hogan come crawling back to the WWE and Vince buries him.  Make him job to a mid-carder at WM, or let Taker put him down for the 20-0 streak!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1011 on: September 17, 2011, 03:57:14 AM »

Wayne Ferris is EXACTLY like all the others:
When HTM was drawing nice money working with Hogan, Hulk was a terrific guy.
Now that HTM can’t cash in off Hogan, Hulk is an asshole.

FACT: Neither of these guys has probably changed much over the years. The underlying source of tension is the fact that their sincerity is as phony & hokey as their wrestling gimmicks.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1012 on: September 18, 2011, 02:01:51 AM »
I think Wayne's big beef with him started when he blamed Hogan for not using his power to secure him a contract in WCW, now he's just a bitter man who's living off 25 year old glories for $500 a show.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1013 on: September 20, 2011, 09:46:06 AM »
Update: Ric Flair Injured - Details

By Ryan Clark | September 18, 2011 |

Source: Post And Courier

Ric Flair suffered a broken bursa sac in his left elbow during his match against Sting last Monday, which aired on Thursday's episode of Impact Wrestling. The injury occurred when he took a superplex off the top rope.

"It was brutal," Flair told Mike Mooneyham of The Post and Courier. "I thought I had broken my arm on that spot. I don't know how I did it either.

"Sting put me down flat on that superplex, but somehow I hit something. It broke the bursa sack in my elbow. But at that moment I was sure I had broken my arm in half."

Flair says the move was perfectly executed.

"I must have put my arm down wrong or something," he said. "I really don't know how it happened. I've got one arm twice the size of the other right now."

Flair says the injury definitely affected the rest the match, though they were able to finish it.

"When he hit me with the (Stinger) splash and went for the Scorpion, I couldn't even take a face bump. I couldn't put my arm down to take it. I couldn't hit him either. It was brutal."

Flair added that his elbow no longer hurts and he merely needs to be cautious of acquiring an infection.

Source:

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2011/0918/544544/ric-flair/

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1014 on: September 20, 2011, 10:06:40 AM »
On September 6th, TNA settled a lawsuit they brought against The Clarendon National Insurance Company over an alleged breach of contract and statutory violations of the Texas Insurance Code. That lawsuit is from the 2008 lawsuit between TNA and Konnan. TNA had claimed that they were entitled to recover the defense costs incurred in defending TNA against the Ashenoff Counterclaim through their Policy with Clarendon, but Clarendon denied TNA's claim. TNA had filed the claim in February.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1015 on: May 17, 2012, 02:35:43 PM »
TNA’S IMPACT WRESTLING CELEBRATES SUMMER 2012 BY GOING LIVE!

SPIKE TV TAKES HIGHLY RATED SHOW LIVE AND TO 8:00PM/ET BEGINNING THURSDAY, MAY 31st

NASHVILLE, TN - (May 17, 2012) --  TNA IMPACT WRESTLING President Dixie Carter and SPIKE TV President Kevin Kay announce today that the highly-rated “IMPACT WRESTLING” will be going Live! from Universal Studios beginning May 31st and continue through the summer.  This announcement coincides with the recently announced new, one-hour earlier time slot change of 8:00-10:00pm/ET every Thursday night beginning May 31st.

credit: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/254881-more-details-behind-impact-going-live-how-long-will-it-last

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1016 on: May 24, 2012, 04:55:32 AM »
C/O Mark Middleton @ LOP

According to early estimates, TNA's Sacrifice pay-per-view did around 8,000 to 9,000 buys. TNA put the pay-per-view up on YouTube after it was over as an experiment to see if they could make additional revenue, similar to what WWE has been doing lately

So there buyrate is increasing slightly but what a waste of time overall, Carter hasnt got a clue how to grow the company and nobody cares to see recycled angles, matches and rivalries from the 80's & 90's (surprise!)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1017 on: May 24, 2012, 05:56:40 AM »
So there buyrate is increasing slightly but what a waste of time overall, Carter hasnt got a clue how to grow the company and nobody cares to see recycled angles, matches and rivalries from the 80's & 90's (surprise!)

Sounds eerily similar to something AND someone else...

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1018 on: May 24, 2012, 10:07:42 AM »
These days billionaires waste their money on mediocre football (soccer) clubs, it would have been cheaper for her family to invest in one of the fading premiership teams

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #1019 on: May 24, 2012, 10:58:48 AM »

Sounds eerily similar to something AND someone else...

Actually Ted Turner made WCW very profitable... It was only after he sold Turner Networks to AOL/Time Warner that the product turned to shit.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1020 on: May 24, 2012, 04:03:32 PM »
Actually Ted Turner made WCW very profitable... It was only after he sold Turner Networks to AOL/Time Warner that the product turned to shit.

I respectfully disagree.
Turner's biggest problem is that he didn't understand the wrestling business, which isn't a bad thing in and of itself. But, he never even got involved enough in his own company to learn or even just know what was going on, and instead appointed other people from non-wrestling backgrounds to run it. They, in turn, continued to hire & fill higher positions with either people who had no clue how to run & operate a wrestling company, or people like Ole Anderson and Bill Watts, who had an extensive, but outdated wrestling background. Jim Herd was a former CEO of Pizza Hut and actually fired Flair - the company's hottest draw at the time!

There were so many people who made bad moves in WCW over the years, but particularly towards the end of its run. A lot of critics point the finger at Bischoff, Russo, Bill Busch, Dr. Harvey Schiller, etc. But, somebody had to okay that stuff, and in my book, that's the person most responsible. Turner sold his Turner Broadcasting (and WCW) to Time Warner some time in 1996, but Ted remained the Time Warner majority shareholder until the AOL merger in January 2001. Turner allowed WCW to continue operating at annual losses of up to $17 million; reportedly because he had a loyalty to the promotion since it was one of the first original programs that helped his TBS station take off.

Almost immediately following the merger, new Time Warner head Jamie Kellner announced the cancellation of all WCW programming.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #1021 on: May 24, 2012, 05:46:53 PM »

I respectfully disagree.
Turner's biggest problem is that he didn't understand the wrestling business, which isn't a bad thing in and of itself. But, he never even got involved enough in his own company to learn or even just know what was going on, and instead appointed other people from non-wrestling backgrounds to run it. They, in turn, continued to hire & fill higher positions with either people who had no clue how to run & operate a wrestling company, or people like Ole Anderson and Bill Watts, who had an extensive, but outdated wrestling background. Jim Herd was a former CEO of Pizza Hut and actually fired Flair - the company's hottest draw at the time!

There were so many people who made bad moves in WCW over the years, but particularly towards the end of its run. A lot of critics point the finger at Bischoff, Russo, Bill Busch, Dr. Harvey Schiller, etc. But, somebody had to okay that stuff, and in my book, that's the person most responsible. Turner sold his Turner Broadcasting (and WCW) to Time Warner some time in 1996, but Ted remained the Time Warner majority shareholder until the AOL merger in January 2001. Turner allowed WCW to continue operating at annual losses of up to $17 million; reportedly because he had a loyalty to the promotion since it was one of the first original programs that helped his TBS station take off.

Almost immediately following the merger, new Time Warner head Jamie Kellner announced the cancellation of all WCW programming.

I take your word for it.

They couldn't have been operating at a loss when they were riding high right? When they were winning the ratings their advertisers must have had to pay a pretty penny yeah?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1022 on: May 24, 2012, 06:10:58 PM »
I take your word for it.

They couldn't have been operating at a loss when they were riding high right? When they were winning the ratings their advertisers must have had to pay a pretty penny yeah?

I don't know all the details about advertising revenue, but if you're referring to the dawn of the NWO era, yes: WCW crushed WWF for 84 consecutive weeks. And, even after that, the ratings see-sawed back and forth between the two companies, it was so close.

Business also kicked ass for about the first year after Turner purchased WCW towards the end of '88. That was when Flair was the franchise - he was the booker and their biggest star. Apparently, a lot of the roster complained about Flair's booking, and so he was replaced by Ole Anderson. Business tanked.

Shortly after that is when Jim Herd came in, and he had it in for Flair. Flair's contract was up, they couldn't agree on a new one, so Ric left for WWF and took his WCW belt with him since he still owned it. That was back in the days when the NWA champ would put down a $25K deposit on the belt. At the end of his run, he'd get that money back with interest. Flair never received his deposit, so legally, the title was his. The WCW legal team then found some kind of loop-hole that forced Vince to stop showing the belt on WWF TV.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1023 on: July 01, 2012, 02:37:56 PM »
 ;D victoria  pic.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1024 on: July 01, 2012, 04:36:14 PM »
;D victoria  pic.

Has always been one of my favorites!!