Author Topic: Houston, TX - planning to move  (Read 13522 times)

Alex23

Re: Corpus Christi, TX
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2009, 11:06:35 PM »
South pardre FTW. I think I saw Ronnie there years ago. Dude look just like him and was even wearing posing trunks. I didn't go say hi, becuase I was with my friends checking out chicks. Anyway, dude have a hot chick with him.

pretty insightful comment on Corpus Christi, TX.

Thanks HTexan.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: Houston, TX
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2009, 11:13:12 PM »
It depends what kind of chicks you like. But Austin has the hotest chicks. Been that many movies companies work there. It is a second holleywood. Plus it has tons of college chicks. It's like your dicks version of heaven.
A

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
San Antonio, Texas
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2009, 08:05:30 AM »
How about Manu Gianobli kicking that bat's ass Halloween night!  Go Spurs! 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: San Antonio, Texas
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2009, 08:20:13 AM »

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2009, 08:34:31 AM »
my best friends family pretty much runs things down there($$$$$) if we go there for spring break this year i will let you know, and show you the shit you really need to see on padre island ;)

tourist never get to see the real party scene, you have to be well known and local.......and then its awesome.

bench
for sho, ya when i was there we pretty much went to the clubs every night

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2009, 08:39:56 AM »
Texas towns and cities have the best names.....imagine telling people you are from Borger, Texas.....Sweetwater, Texas.....Waxahachee, Texas.....Victoria, Texas.....even the cities have better names.....Dallas, Houston, San Antonio.....  I think I'll start telling people I'm from Texas.....any suggestions on cool small town names to use?

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2009, 08:50:26 AM »
Texas towns and cities have the best names.....imagine telling people you are from Borger, Texas.....Sweetwater, Texas.....Waxahachee, Texas.....Victoria, Texas.....even the cities have better names.....Dallas, Houston, San Antonio.....  I think I'll start telling people I'm from Texas.....any suggestions on cool small town names to use?

Paris? :D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2009, 08:50:41 AM »

Orifice

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2009, 08:52:29 AM »
How is Westlake?  Thats where my ex lives.  I guess alot of Dallas players live in her area
No Worries 4 me

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2009, 08:54:07 AM »
Paris? :D

Yikes!  I was accused of being a frog when I was in europe a couple of times....I think that doesn't speak so highly of me.  ;D

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
Re: Houston, TX - planning to move
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2009, 01:13:14 PM »
Dang some mixed feelings here. Some reasons I want to move-

Guns. I dislike californias attempt to deprive me of my right to own firearms. I want guns period. You can not tell me what I can or cannot have nor can you convince me that 10 bullets are less lethal than 30.

Conservative lifestyle- I am not uppity nor a Bible thumper but I refuse to accept certain lifestyles because they are "popular" in todays culture. I am sorry but I have MORALS. Also I dislike Obama and going to college here MY GOD even my fucking professors have told us they voted for him and hope we did! I am sorry but he is SHIT as president and if you can't see that then fuck you. Quit blindly following a liberal politician like a fucking lemming.

Women- Cali women are nothing special and the guy to girl ratio in the bay area is HORRIBLE. It's so bad your very barely average looking girls (5-6 out of 10) get to act like they are the shit because they are constantly being chased by guys. It's pretty bad. I almost never meet single girls without children over the age of 20- most are married by that age or somthing is REALLY wrong with them. Like being fat.

Views on the military- i am very pro military and I get sick of living here. I swear most californians would happily dismantle the entire military and just beg other countries not to attack us which of course would suck because we also would have no guns of our own lol. It really boggles the mind.

Astronomical housing- you would think I am used to paying 1200-1400 per month for a tiny hovel downtown with a view of a parking garage but I have not. I hate it here.

No jobs. At all. Unless you have at least a 4 year degree and even then it's tough. Really tough. So you would think housing prices are much lower- NOPE! So we are stuck with thousands of out of work people who line up to get 12 dollar an hour jobs whilst their 4 year degree sits and collects dust. No thanks.

I hate it here. Is Texas the answer?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2009, 01:31:19 PM »

Guns. I dislike californias attempt to deprive me of my right to own firearms. I want guns period. You can not tell me what I can or cannot have nor can you convince me that 10 bullets are less lethal than 30.

Conservative lifestyle- I am not uppity nor a Bible thumper but I refuse to accept certain lifestyles because they are "popular" in todays culture. I am sorry but I have MORALS. Also I dislike Obama and going to college here MY GOD even my fucking professors have told us they voted for him and hope we did! I am sorry but he is SHIT as president and if you can't see that then fuck you. Quit blindly following a liberal politician like a fucking lemming.

Women- Cali women are nothing special and the guy to girl ratio in the bay area is HORRIBLE. It's so bad your very barely average looking girls (5-6 out of 10) get to act like they are the shit because they are constantly being chased by guys. It's pretty bad. I almost never meet single girls without children over the age of 20- most are married by that age or somthing is REALLY wrong with them. Like being fat.

Views on the military- i am very pro military and I get sick of living here. I swear most californians would happily dismantle the entire military and just beg other countries not to attack us which of course would suck because we also would have no guns of our own lol. It really boggles the mind.

Astronomical housing- you would think I am used to paying 1200-1400 per month for a tiny hovel downtown with a view of a parking garage but I have not. I hate it here.

No jobs. At all. Unless you have at least a 4 year degree and even then it's tough. Really tough. So you would think housing prices are much lower- NOPE! So we are stuck with thousands of out of work people who line up to get 12 dollar an hour jobs whilst their 4 year degree sits and collects dust. No thanks.

Geo-political MELTDOWN

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2009, 01:35:01 PM »
Are you finished with college? 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2009, 01:42:05 PM »

houston is getting hit right now too bro its better then alot of other places but if you dont have experience in a certain field you will be looking for a job for a while unless you want to settle.

Rent can range bro, if you want to live in a nice apt in downtown, mid town, rice village, heights, galleria area your going to pay a good amount. Good thing about Houston though is it is spread out and those same apts in town are probably 400-600 dollars cheaper in the suburbs of houston.

Theres plenty of women down here but at times the hip places can be cock fests but great thing is there are plenty of places to go around here so you can just pick up and head somewhere else.

other then that sounds like you would like it here like i said biggest thing you may not like is the weather.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2009, 02:13:26 PM »
I lived in Vegas for a year, then Los Angeles (Mid-city West) for a little over year...then I moved back to Austin, TX about a year ago.

I now own a 2100 sq ft house on a .25 acre lot; I was paying $1800 for a crappy two bedroom in Los Angeles.

Guess what?  I'd still rather live in So Cal.  Texas is where So Cal'ers go to quit/retire/die.

I'm sorry, but you can't even compare the two.  Compared to the rest of Texas, Austin is an oasis in the desert.  Compared to the CA coast, it's jack-mutha-fuckin' shit.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2009, 02:18:53 PM »
Ive lived in Houston my whole life and its a great place, night life is always bumping from trendy bars and clubs to local dive bars. Ive never had a complaint about the ladies and like I said there are plenty of bars and clubs depending on your taste. Plenty of shit to do from Pro sports to outdoor activities to the fuking BBQ's you probably havent experienced BBQ till you come to Texas good food and good ppl for the most part.

I've spent many many weeks in Houston area, and all of what you speak is true.
I've always said "There is nothing on earth like a Texas Female!" Many reasons why! ;)

And for food? All I have to say is "Montgomery Country BBQ Cook-off!" Damn, from the private booths, the girls walking around nearly naked, the food, or just the hospitality....:o :o :o

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2009, 02:19:09 PM »

Dude, you can still buy a handgun in CA much easier than you can in TX.

CA is not as liberal is perceived by the rest of the country; much of CA outside of the Bay Area and So Cal is very conservative.  Why do you think Prop 8 never passes in CA?  

You want to find single, hot women?  MOVE TO NEW YORK CITY OR GET SOME GAME WHERE YOU LIVE.  Your problem is not lack of women, its a lack of pull w/the opposite sex.

Once again, why do you give a FUCK?

Who cares about how big of a house you have when you spend all of your time indoors because the weather sucks?

Sorry you didn't take the time or make the effort to get the obligatory 4 year degree.  

I think YOU are the problem, not any particular place you are living.  Believe me, there's nowhere close to a bounty of jobs here in TX.  Austin is doing better than most of the country, but it's very hard to find a job anywhere right now if you aren't qualified and aggressive.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
Re: Corpus Christi, TX
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2009, 02:21:50 PM »
pretty insightful comment on Corpus Christi, TX.

Thanks HTexan.

LOL.  Just talked to a buddy selling construction materials - he said Corpus is shrinking.  Apparently, no one wants to live in a barren wasteland in muggy South Texas.  Who woulda figured?

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2009, 02:28:28 PM »
Houston, San Marcos, Katy are all cool spots....I have friends that live in The Woodlands and we go down there all the time, float the guadalupe drive to Austin...goodtimes...

Dallas is nice too (although it has the worst "bad area" of any texas city), I have friends that live in both the downtown area and just outside, closer to Plano...

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2009, 02:48:51 PM »
I am still in college. I go full time (14 units now, 20 in the spring). If you really think only the bay area is liberal THINK AGAIN. Also prop 8 did not pass because we are not morons, we can certainly understand that there is NO reason to re-define what is effectively A RELIGOUS CEREMONY just because some fucks who usually are NOT religous want it that way. Screw that.

Not that I do not have game- there really are not that many single girls. Any chick that is has at least 3-4 guys workin on her or she is undersireable. You would not understand if you didn't live here.

Id like to also touch on the materialism of people (specially women) here. You are judged so much and so fast it's really sickening.

I heard the job market out there was a lot better? Maybe Austin or Dallas is a better bet? I'm really not sure. Perhaps I should look at another state?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2009, 05:05:14 PM »
Maybe you should check out NC.

We have beaches and mountains.

VERY pro gun and pro military.

Conservative, except for a couple of pockets in Raleigh and Charlotte.

Job situation is ok, MUCH better than Cali, but probably not as good as Houston or Austin.

Real estate is much more affordable than Cali. 

Great colleges too, if you wanted to go on to graduate school or something.

Humid in the summer, but not nearly as hot as Texas.

Good hunting, fishing, golf, camping, backpacking, etc.... if you like outdoor stuff.

I was born in NC, but lived/moved all over the US and chose to move back.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2009, 05:11:41 PM »
Maybe you should check out NC.

We have beaches and mountains.

VERY pro gun and pro military.

Conservative, except for a couple of pockets in Raleigh and Charlotte.

Job situation is ok, MUCH better than Cali, but probably not as good as Houston or Austin.

Real estate is much more affordable than Cali. 

Great colleges too, if you wanted to go on to graduate school or something.

Humid in the summer, but not nearly as hot as Texas.

Good hunting, fishing, golf, camping, backpacking, etc.... if you like outdoor stuff.

I was born in NC, but lived/moved all over the US and chose to move back.

QFT

We have four seasons in NC:  Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer, and Basketball

~

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2009, 05:49:33 PM »
guns are easy as fuck in texas, hanguns too, i can go 5 mins down the street to the store and walk out 20 minutes later with any handgun i want and a bag  full of ammunition. its almost funny.

and if your a conservative right wing piece of shit like you sound methyl mike, then you will feel at home at texas as it is filled with bible thumping, backwards-thinking hatefilled simpletons. stay away from austin though as it is a liberal city. and be warned, houston has tons of mexicans and tons of blacks.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2009, 06:28:46 PM »
I will be moving in May 2010 and Houston might be on the list.  Not too crazy about the large black population though- thats the reason I am moving in the first place lol.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2009, 06:57:02 PM »
in all honesty, yes there are lots of black people but its just like any other big city in that there are parts that will be almost exclusively white, and parts that are almost all black. texas cities are very, very open and spread out, so all you have to do is avoid those areas, its not like everyone is all on top of each other. nothing at all like the big northeastern cities.