Author Topic: Manny Pacquiao the Greatest Boxer Since Muhammad Ali  (Read 12452 times)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Re: Manny Pacquiao the Greatest Boxer Since Muhammad Ali
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2010, 07:21:07 PM »
Yeah ,I don't know.

My own opinion is Floyd really didn't want to fight him, and Manny really didn't want to take those tests...so nobody really complained.

Valane

• Getbig II
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2010, 07:31:21 PM »
A lot of casual fans in this thread. Marquez beat Pac twice with fair officiating. Manny has improved and continues to do so, he is a great fighter, exceptional in fact. I would still struggle to put him top 30 all time though, there have been a lot of great fighters and he is one of many.

Mayweather is a very bad style matchup for him.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2010, 07:34:06 PM »
What do you think about punisher paul williams?

Great fighter...needs to sit down on his punches a little more and take people out. his last fight was a borderline gift

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2010, 07:38:58 PM »
A lot of casual fans in this thread. Marquez beat Pac twice with fair officiating. Manny has improved and continues to do so, he is a great fighter, exceptional in fact. I would still struggle to put him top 30 all time though, there have been a lot of great fighters and he is one of many.

Mayweather is a very bad style matchup for him.

Agreed. people say "yeah but Manny's gonna come after him and hit him"  like everybody he ever fought hasn't tried to do the same thing

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2010, 07:39:26 PM »
1. manny ducked a 40mill fight with mayweather because he didnt want to take a blood test

2. he wanted to fight mosley at 140 when mosley hasnt been at that weight for almost 10 years thinking mosley will back out. when mosley said yes he bitched out

3. he is being fed fighter that go well with his style.

4. if he fights mayweather he will get schooled like no tomorrow and if anyone thinks other wise i suggest you go watch any of mayweathers fights

5. since when did an asian become the greatest fighter since ali considering he has never fought any good black opponents.  

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2010, 07:43:21 PM »
They didn't have time to promote the fight correctly. Manny wanted to get it on right away and Floyd didn't. Plus Arum and Top Rank have beef with the Mayweather camp. There's alot to it. The only card Mayweather could draw to get out of the event was drug tests. The idea flopped, everybody still loves Manny, Manny is gonna sell 2 million PPV buys, and Sugar Shane is going to expose Mayweather May 1st. After Manny beats Clottey by unanimous decision tomorrow. Manny gets the winner of the May 1st fight to unify. If Manny does that it's either retirement or moving up yet another weight class.

Either way Mayweather made the biggest mistake of his life retiring in his prime. Totally dropped the ball with a rematch with De La Hoya and choose TV instead. His days are numbered and he will turn into just another opponent just like Holyfield and Roy Jones. No doubt 100% guaranteed once this guy losses he's gonna keep on loosing and keep on fighting. Thats the Money Mayweather I'm looking forward to watching.  

Yup. there was a lot more to it than I'll ever know.

it just seemed to me that neither side lost any sleep that the fight was scuttled

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2010, 08:07:13 PM »
He is great, that's for sure.

Mayweather will never step in the ring with him, damn shame

Because Pac refuses to take random blood tests. Pac is on something. Nobody, and I mean nobody, runs away from a 30 million dollar teaspoon of blood -- unless you're hiding something. He's so guilty

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2010, 08:09:03 PM »
Can't think of a better boxer in the past 3 decades. He has completely overshadowed Floyd Mayweather. He has become a bigger cash cow than Oscar De La Hoya.

No he hasn't. Oscar made more money with warm-up fights.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2010, 08:11:39 PM »
I agree, the only other boxer I can think of that even comes close to his speed was Sugar Ray Leonard.

Zab Judah's faster, Floyd Mayweather is faster. Mosley in his prime was faster and I'd say Oscar in his prime was also. What makes Pac impressive is the volume of punches he throws without slowing down throughout an entire fight, and he can throw punches from odd angles.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2010, 08:17:18 PM »
fuck bno manny can take a punch and mayweather is a little bitch thats gonna get dropped like  his little sisters panties and mike tyson knows that true

You gotta be kidding. Mayweather just destroyed Marquez, a man that almost beat Manny 2 times and many believe Marquez beat Manny the second time. Mayweather made his fight with Marquez look like a joke, like he wasn't even serious. Floyd will beat Manny with relative ease, trust me. He is that damn good. Pac, his trainer Roach more specifically, always has an advantage coming into the fights with Pac's opponents. Usually it's making other fighters come down in weight to drain them. Pac looked like a hero going in with the larger Oscar but at the end of the day it was Oscar draining himself to make the catch weight. He was sick, on IV's leading into the fight and was totally drained and weak. Roach bet on this happening, even said to the media before the fight that Oscar can't fight at that weight and was totally right. Pac's team has thrived on finding advantages over their opposition. You look at Hatton, Oscar and Cotto and the list goes on. All of those fighters were at some kind of disadvantage.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2010, 08:18:22 PM »
Pacquiao’s performance was so good that no one laughed when promoter Bob Arum said he believes Pacquiao is the best fighter he ever saw. And yes, Arum included Muhammad Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard and Marvelous Marvin Hagler in that group.

Bob Arum has seen more fights than most of us put together....He knows his shit....for him to state that means a little more than anonymous people on the internets bickering over who's the best.

Pac is Arums cash cow and fighter. Of course he will say that

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2010, 08:18:45 PM »
1. manny ducked a 40mill fight with mayweather because he didnt want to take a blood test

little man w short arms vs a nasty, nast counter puncher

2. he wanted to fight mosley at 140 when mosley hasnt been at that weight for almost 10 years thinking mosley will back out. when mosley said yes he bitched out

roach said mosley balloons to 160 come fight time while manny has a hard time hitting 140.  too big for manny.

3. he is being fed fighter that go well with his style.

poor head movement, descent hand speed n fight chin first...oscar, hatton n cotto

4. if he fights mayweather he will get schooled like no tomorrow and if anyone thinks other wise i suggest you go watch any of mayweathers fights

see above

5. since when did an asian become the greatest fighter since ali considering he has never fought any good black opponents.

no comment...since chaos will claim an agenda. but will say it will go the distance with clottey but pac has paul williams type output so he'll pt it for a win.  

a gimmick you can QFT.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2010, 08:19:49 PM »
Zab Judah's faster, Floyd Mayweather is faster. Mosley in his prime was faster and I'd say Oscar in his prime was also. What makes Pac impressive is the volume of punches he throws without slowing down throughout an entire fight, and he can throw punches from odd angles.
Meldrick Taylor fastest boxer ever.

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2010, 08:20:46 PM »
See I don't get it either? But I've talked to many people and they always say watching Manny on TV isn't like watching him 1st row. I'm a Manny fan. But When I watch him fight it's not like he's a lightning bolt. Either way he's winning tomorrow. His next big fight is either to unify the Welter Division or moving up in weight to break all time records.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2010, 08:20:53 PM »
his last fight was a  gift

Fixed

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2010, 08:21:14 PM »
I hope the public turns on Mayweather to were he's forced to fight Manny...He wants all this money not realising he isn't a big draw his oppenents are...He is boring as fuck and if he steps in that right with Manny he's gonna get his as beat...

Are you kidding me? If Pac would take the simple blood test we would be watching them fight this Saturday. Blame Pac for fukin that fight up. He wanted 8 ounce gloves work, Mayweather agreed. He wanted Mayweather to pay 1 million for every pound over at weigh in and Mayweather agreed. Mayweather asks Manny to simply be tested 14 days before the fight and Pac says no, so no fight.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2010, 08:22:27 PM »

paul williams type output.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2010, 08:26:31 PM »
paul williams type output.

Williams is so sloppy and off balance a lot of the time.

While I think Pac will take this fight tomorrow night, I have a feeling Clottey will be his toughest fight out of his last few. Not sure why, just a hunch. This guys coming to fight and he arguably beat Cotto when they fought last year.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2010, 08:30:22 PM »
Williams is so sloppy and off balance a lot of the time.

While I think Pac will take this fight tomorrow night, I have a feeling Clottey will be his toughest fight out of his last few. Not sure why, just a hunch. This guys coming to fight and he arguably beat Cotto when they fought last year.

Agreed on both counts...Williams needs to stop throwing 8 billion bullshit punches and throw 40 with bad intentions

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2010, 08:38:19 PM »
Are you kidding me? If Pac would take the simple blood test we would be watching them fight this Saturday. Blame Pac for fukin that fight up. He wanted 8 ounce gloves work, Mayweather agreed. He wanted Mayweather to pay 1 million for every pound over at weigh in and Mayweather agreed. Mayweather asks Manny to simply be tested 14 days before the fight and Pac says no, so no fight.
Your the kind of guy I can sell his own car too. I bet I can sell you your own living room furniture. Where are you from??? This is buisiness my Man. Arum doesn't want to cut the purse in half. This is personal. Next time they negotiate the purse is gonna be even higher then it was once expected. Manny is P4P and has an easy opponent in front of him. Mayweather is trying to prove he's P4P and had HOF one of the greatest ever Shane Mosley in front of him. This is prize fighting. Arum and Top Rank aren't playing ball with Money and Uncle Rog. MANNY DOES NOT NEED MAYWEATHER. MANNY IS BOXING TOP DRAW. Top Rank is never going to bend over for Floyd Mayweathers camp. Say whatever you want. All the cards are in Bob Arums hands. What goes around comes around Floyd.

pugalist666

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2010, 08:40:39 PM »
mike tyson ,lennix lewis and evander holyfield in there prime would all destroy ali , hope this helps

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2010, 08:48:31 PM »
Your the kind of guy I can sell his own car too. I bet I can sell you your own living room furniture. Where are you from??? This is buisiness my Man. Arum doesn't want to cut the purse in half. This is personal. Next time they negotiate the purse is gonna be even higher then it was once expected. Manny is P4P and has an easy opponent in front of him. Mayweather is trying to prove he's P4P and had HOF one of the greatest ever Shane Mosley in front of him. This is prize fighting. Arum and Top Rank aren't playing ball with Money and Uncle Rog. MANNY DOES NOT NEED MAYWEATHER. MANNY IS BOXING TOP DRAW. Top Rank is never going to bend over for Floyd Mayweathers camp. Say whatever you want. All the cards are in Bob Arums hands. What goes around comes around Floyd.

And you think Mayweather needs Manny? What happens when Mayweather beats Mosley? His market value goes up. What happens if Pac beats Clottey, his stays the same and has a chance of going down if Clottey puts up a good fight. When both fights are done and both win, Mayweather is in a much better position than before. Not to mention Mayweather and Mosley are going to do much bigger PPV buys. Pretty good business sense on Arum eh?  ::)

Let's not forget Manny has been defeated. He's been knocked out twice earlier in his career. Marquez arguably beat him at least one of the two ULTRA close fights, the man Mayweather made look like an amateur. The only reason anyone has Manny ahead on the P4P list is because Floyd retired and gave it up.

Oh, I understand the business, but what kind of business is it to make your fighter look like a cheater and completely tarnish his rep? Humm eh?

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2010, 08:54:35 PM »

Things that make you go hummm

Suspicions,suspicions,suspicions .
I'm not saying that Manny uses PED or not but that video doesn't prove shit .

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2010, 09:04:15 PM »
Suspicions,suspicions,suspicions .
I'm not saying that Manny uses PED or not but that video doesn't prove shit .

Inductive reasoning.

If we see smoke it is acceptable for us with a high probability to assume the smoke is coming from a fire without seeing a fire. Many suspicious things would make a reasonable person consider that something is wrong.

Pac has a different excuse each time: afraid of needles (but he has tattoos), blood loss weakens him,

Pac has no idea what he is taking, so he says

Pac says he doesn't even know what a steroid is  :D  ::)

Roach said he knew nothing about roids yet if you listen to his comments about James Toney you realize that is a lie

Pac's performance unexpectedly improved at a late point in his career

Pac's insistence that the testing be within a specific window of time

Pac accepts random blood test when caught off guard.

Pac declines random test.

Pac says blood test 2 days within fight weakens him.

Pac is offered 14 day window.

Pac says 24 days is safe now.

Pac gives blood test 20 days before Clottey fight.

Pac's trainer says 5 days would have been fine. (after fight is scrapped)