Author Topic: The World Is About To Come To An End... Again... Hadron Collider Reactivated  (Read 7110 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
you guys never answered my questions.

Some of you seem to strangely almost have a religious faith in science.  "just trust them. they are smarter than you. they know what they're doing. they wouldn't do anything to harm us." much of that has over and over turned out to be not true through the years.

Go do some fucking reading. I linked you a page containing links to multiple peer-reviewed articles authored by some of the best physicists in the world that discussed all the possible types of black holes that can form and how there is no chance they will persist or grow. Do some research.

And to Samson and the rest of the other CT douches, can you imagine what this world would be like if people didn't take chances when pushing into new scientific and technological frontiers? I can guarantee medicine wouldn't be anywhere near what it is today. Have to take risks to get anywhere.

Thankfully, politics and whiners won't stop this collider from working. Keep on trucking CERN!

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Were you doing the same thing when you used scary movies to support caution for the HC?

Lame back peddle skippy.

Nope, still not upset.  There's only one poster on GB that's ever gotten me upset, and he goes by the name Mons Venus...

As to Hugo's question, yes I agree that we don't know everything about them.  But that doesn't mean we start making claims about the world ending, all is lost, science is evil, etc.  If there were a reasonable degree of certainty that this machine would end the world, then I would agree not to turn it on.  But, currently, the reasonable degree of certainty is indicating the exact opposite.

I would encourage you to read what BF linked to.  I did and they are some great articles.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy

Nope, still not upset.  There's only one poster on GB that's ever gotten me upset, and he goes by the name Mons Venus...

As to Hugo's question, yes I agree that we don't know everything about them.  But that doesn't mean we start making claims about the world ending, all is lost, science is evil, etc.  If there were a reasonable degree of certainty that this machine would end the world, then I would agree not to turn it on.  But, currently, the reasonable degree of certainty is indicating the exact opposite.

I would encourage you to read what BF linked to.  I did and they are some great articles.

I think you may have quoted the wrong post.   ;D

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
I think you may have quoted the wrong post.   ;D

Can't be...becasue he is of such a high intellect he could not have possibly have done that... or could he have??? :o :o :o
C

OzmO

• Getbig V
Can't be...becasue he is of such a high intellect he could not have possibly have done that... or could he have??? :o :o :o

Common sense doesn't require a high intellect.   :D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Go do some fucking reading. I linked you a page containing links to multiple peer-reviewed articles authored by some of the best physicists in the world that discussed all the possible types of black holes that can form and how there is no chance they will persist or grow. Do some research.

And to Samson and the rest of the other CT douches, can you imagine what this world would be like if people didn't take chances when pushing into new scientific and technological frontiers? I can guarantee medicine wouldn't be anywhere near what it is today. Have to take risks to get anywhere.

Thankfully, politics and whiners won't stop this collider from working. Keep on trucking CERN!
none of answering the post I made.  Oh yea, nice meltdown.  I know, it's not a meltdown when you do it ::)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
none of answering the post I made.  Oh yea, nice meltdown.  I know, it's not a meltdown when you do it ::)

How is that a meltdown? It's pretty obvious that you refuse to do any reading that will educate you on the subject. Perhaps this concept of "reading" will even answer your stupid question?

Skip8282

• Getbig V

Why thank you SAMSON.  Never thought of myself as having such a high intellect, but I appreciate the compliment.  I might actually miss you a little after HH6 bulldozes your mudhut.

Skip8282

• Getbig V

I'm just not feeling any luv from you Ozmo...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
How is that a meltdown? It's pretty obvious that you refuse to do any reading that will educate you on the subject. Perhaps this concept of "reading" will even answer your stupid question?
what part don't you get about me just telling you that those papers do not address what I posted/asked?  If they do, show me what I missed.  and yea, when you flip out yelling fucking and douchebags etc, it's not a meltdown, only when other people do it at which point you never fail to call it.  hypocrite much :D

OzmO

• Getbig V

I'm just not feeling any luv from you Ozmo...

EEEEKKKKK

I was referring to Samson, as a person lacking common sense and that all one needs to see the idiocy of his assertions and why we need not worry about the HC is common sense not intellect.

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
EEEEKKKKK

I was referring to Samson, as a person lacking common sense and that all one needs to see the idiocy of his assertions and why we need not worry about the HC is common sense not intellect.

This thread actually has me laughing. 

Not sure why Ozmo is so one sided with the scientists, but for Bezerk it's pretty obvious.  The guy is in college and thinks all prof. and scientists are always right.

Remember, much of what is being dealt with is THEORETICAL physics.  Hell, we can't even get a unified theory put out, yet we somehow seem to know the dynamics of black holes? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
nobody thinks it's odd that Nasa says they don't have a clue and some of you are saying small black holes can't grow and black holes don't grow.  How many times has science been wrong over the years?  So what are the chances they could be wrong on something they admit not having a good understanding of the aspects in question?  Seems some of you guys have "faith" in an area where faith has no business being...  To me, this is worth asking questions.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V

You have neither common sense nor high intellect....what keeps you going?
C

SAMSON123

• Getbig V

Why thank you SAMSON.  Never thought of myself as having such a high intellect, but I appreciate the compliment.  I might actually miss you a little after HH6 bulldozes your mudhut.

I wish he would try to bulldoze my mudhut!!!!!

We will have his head shrunken down to the size of a tennis ball in no time at all if he bulldozes even one hut...

C

OzmO

• Getbig V
This thread actually has me laughing. 

Not sure why Ozmo is so one sided with the scientists, but for Bezerk it's pretty obvious.  The guy is in college and thinks all prof. and scientists are always right.

Remember, much of what is being dealt with is THEORETICAL physics.  Hell, we can't even get a unified theory put out, yet we somehow seem to know the dynamics of black holes? 

Did you read the article i posted?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
THE WORLD IS ABOUT TO COME TO AN END!!!  No fearmongering here :D