Author Topic: Who is the real bad ass of bodybuilding?  (Read 19851 times)

trustnoone

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Yum Yum!
Re: Who is the real bad ass of bodybuilding?
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2009, 01:47:10 PM »
I doubt most Pro's egos could handle the muscle loss to be a real life bad ass.

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • http://www.milossarcev.com
Re: New IFBB Pro Rules :The posing routine will not be scored?
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2009, 01:51:29 PM »
I saw Yates in Rochester NY back when he was 32...1995....he looked tough. For real

Look has nothing to do with being tough or being able to fight...

But, for all people that laugh about Dorian being knocked out by some fighter backstage at Dutch Grand prix 2003 - I want to let you know - it was a sucker punch - completely unnecessary and unavoidable...

It was during the usual post event back stage commotion - when all the competitors  are trying to get dressed and leave in a hurry, with staff, family members, friends, fans...etc all run like a "stampede" overflowing narrow passage behind the stage on the way to lockerooms...

It just happens that I was closest person to Dorian when I heard loud punch maybe 2 feet away from me (slightly behind me) and than I noticed UFO (unidentified flying object) passing me to my right...

Yes, without any exaggeration - punch that Dick Vrij landed was one of the hardest punches I've witnessed it - sending about 275 pound Dorian in air (like it was movie trick...Similar with Brad Pitt in movie Snatch.../if you didn't see - rent it...great movie...and lots of fighting scenes...

However - Dorian simply walked into sucker punch - and I don't believe anyone would stand on their feet after that bomb - placed right on the button...

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2009, 01:52:40 PM »
Yates got his ass knocked out a few years back at some club by some skinny-fat dude who had never been in a fight his entire life.

"1"

You couldn't be more wrong.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2009, 01:56:11 PM »
Look has nothing to do with being tough or being able to fight...

But, for all people that laugh about Dorian being knocked out by some fighter backstage at Dutch Grand prix 2003 - I want to let you know - it was a sucker punch - completely unnecessary and unavoidable...

It was during the usual post event back stage commotion - when all the competitors  are trying to get dressed and leave in a hurry, with staff, family members, friends, fans...etc all run like a "stampede" overflowing narrow passage behind the stage on the way to lockerooms...

It just happens that I was closest person to Dorian when I heard loud punch maybe 2 feet away from me (slightly behind me) and than I noticed UFO (unidentified flying object) passing me to my right...

Yes, without any exaggeration - punch that Dick Vrij landed was one of the hardest punches I've witnessed it - sending about 275 pound Dorian in air (like it was movie trick...Similar with Brad Pitt in movie Snatch.../if you didn't see - rent it...great movie...and lots of fighting scenes...

However - Dorian simply walked into sucker punch - and I don't believe anyone would stand on their feet after that bomb - placed right on the button...
I read somewhere on this forum that Ed Van Amsterdam chased that guy or something like that. Was it true? No one tried to stop the sucker puncher? Why a sucker punch? Why didn't he just face Dorian eye by eye?
S

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2009, 01:57:27 PM »
You couldn't be more wrong.

x2

Dick Vrij is about 6'4" and 275-300 lbs professional K1 Fighter with fist like a basketball...

I would probably loose my footing if he missed Dorian - just from "wind" his missed punch would created...

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2009, 01:57:55 PM »
 ;)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2009, 02:03:08 PM »
NO, CYCLE IS POSTED - GUARANTEE...You just need to search for it...trust me...

And I have another deal for all of you that didn't attend my FREE SEMINARS I organized for those of you not able to come to Fullerton...
I am installing special cameras that will broadcast "webinars" and training sessions (my giant sets with several top pros...)

Milos believe me, if I lived anywhere within a 4 hour drive of California I would be there..unfortunately Toronto is a 2 day drive from where you are.

:)

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2009, 02:06:21 PM »
Dick Vrij

Pro Record: 13-10-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
Team: 
Sex: Male
Height: 6 Feet. 1 Inch(es).
Weight: 242 lbs.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=stats.fighterDetail&pid=0A567FDDAAEE226F
S

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2009, 02:08:57 PM »
I read somewhere on this forum that Ed Van Amsterdam chased that guy or something like that. Was it true? No one tried to stop the sucker puncher? Why a sucker punch? Why didn't he just face Dorian eye by eye?

Rumor has it, he didnt have anything personally against Yates. He was paid to hurt Dorian. Dorian probably had no clue to duck or defend himself. Getting hit was the last thing he expected

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2009, 02:10:46 PM »

I was there and didn't see Ed chasing anyone...
Dick Vrij was actually seating at the bar drinking...and as I actually met him year before, had dinner with him on the same table and suppose to go to his gym full of fighters -but didn't wake up early enough...I missed and I was going to suggest to him that I still want to go there...but under the circumstances I decided to pass it again... I said hello, he returned raising his hand...and got about 4 police officers around him...all laughing while speaking Dutch, rather than having serious conversation...one would expect for taking the report of what happened...

Right before Dick Vrij sucker punched Dorian - he punched about 7 feet tall, 350+ pounds bouncer - but there was too many people in between and probably 10 seconds later Dorian run into the "Boing 747"....

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2009, 02:12:39 PM »
Dick Vrij

Pro Record: 13-10-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
Team:  
Sex: Male
Height: 6 Feet. 1 Inch(es).
Weight: 242 lbs.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=stats.fighterDetail&pid=0A567FDDAAEE226F
      -Big Paul-

Oh man! he got KO'd by Paul Varlens in 1998!

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2009, 02:19:52 PM »

Rumor has it, he didnt have anything personally against Yates. He was paid to hurt Dorian. Dorian probably had no clue to duck or defend himself. Getting hit was the last thing he expected
I just don't understand why he sucker punched Dorian, if he is such a tough fighter he should hit Dorian from the front giving Dorian some kind chance to defebd himself... for what I understood from Milo's post, it seems that Vrij punched Dorian and didn't run? Is that it? He stood there? I also don't understand why some people said that Ed Van Amsterdam tried to catch the guy ???
S

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2009, 02:21:26 PM »
I was there and didn't see Ed chasing anyone...
Dick Vrij was actually seating at the bar drinking...and as I actually met him year before, had dinner with him on the same table and suppose to go to his gym full of fighters -but didn't wake up early enough...I missed and I was going to suggest to him that I still want to go there...but under the circumstances I decided to pass it again... I said hello, he returned raising his hand...and got about 4 police officers around him...all laughing while speaking Dutch, rather than having serious conversation...one would expect for taking the report of what happened...

Right before Dick Vrij sucker punched Dorian - he punched about 7 feet tall, 350+ pounds bouncer - but there was too many people in between and probably 10 seconds later Dorian run into the "Boing 747"....

BTW - Ed Van Amsterdam is a POWERHOUSE...and he is one guy you don't want to piss off - believe me...
And when you shake hands with him - you'll instantly know that you better put smile on your face and bent over any time he looks at you funny...

First time I shook hands with him I thought he made a fist instead of giving me open hand...and than I realized his hand was open... :o :o :o...It was just soooo thick....it is ridiculous...

My two hands are not as thick as one of his...
And everything about Ed is SUPER POWERFUL...so, he would have my vote as someone I would like to represent IFBB in MMA fights against other othletes, organizations, federations or sports...

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2009, 02:26:10 PM »
I just don't understand why he sucker punched Dorian, if he is such a tough fighter he should hit Dorian from the front giving Dorian some kind chance to defebd himself... for what I understood from Milo's post, it seems that Vrij punched Dorian and didn't run? Is that it? He stood there? I also don't understand why some people said that Ed Van Amsterdam tried to catch the guy ???

rumor was that a angry promoter wanted revenge against Dorian...and paid the fighter to hurt Dorian

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2009, 02:36:29 PM »

when someone is paid to fuk someone up, they don't give them a fair chance, no matter how tough they are.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2009, 02:42:54 PM »
F*ck, I'd pay $100 to see a video of that knockout!

;D  ;D

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2009, 02:49:04 PM »

when someone is paid to fuk someone up, they don't give them a fair chance, no matter how tough they are.

Like it would have made a difference, a pro K-1 fighter with fists like cinder blocks against a couple of bodybuilders, all the muscle in the world won't save someone from a perfect shot right on the button, it's still lights out.

Look at the latest news about War Machine, he knocked out something like 7 people at a party, and he's not a HUGE 250lb. fighter..

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2009, 02:52:32 PM »
Like it would have made a difference, a pro K-1 fighter with fists like cinder blocks against a couple of bodybuilders, all the muscle in the world won't save someone from a perfect shot right on the button, it's still lights out.

Look at the latest news about War Machine, he knocked out something like 7 people at a party, and he's not a HUGE 250lb. fighter..

F*ck, I'd pay $100 to see a video of that knockout!

;D  ;D

Dick Vrij might be big a tough but there is always somebody tougher

Like 6'8" 330lb Paul Varlens

A pro fighter going around sucker punching people needs to be locked up

trustnoone

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Yum Yum!
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2009, 02:58:03 PM »
No such thing as a "sucker punch" in the real world.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2009, 02:59:52 PM »
ROFL @  747 and Unidentified Flying Object...hahahaha :D

I laughed so hard I spat out my protein shake.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2009, 03:06:53 PM »

Dorian was working at a bodybuilding show and the next thing he knows he is on the floor and his nose is broken. Then he finds out that a guy was paid to do it.  He didnt have beef with Dorian....and Dorian didnt even see it coming.

trustnoone

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Yum Yum!
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2009, 03:08:43 PM »

Dorian was working at a bodybuilding show and the next thing he knows he is on the floor and his nose is broken. Then he finds out that a guy was paid to do it.  He didnt have beef with Dorian....and Dorian didnt even see it coming.
And that's how a real enforcer does his job ;D

spinnis

« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2009, 03:11:10 PM »

Last time I sucker punched someone I got jumped by 3 guys  ;D

well, he did look into my eyes when I punched him though,

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2009, 03:32:29 PM »
Arnold would have kicked crybaby Mentzers ass,and if somehow he did start to lose,Waller would have taken over for him and Waller was a bad dude from all accounts.

Mike was frustrated because he could never hope to beat Arnold so he went nuts!  ;D

I'm not sure about that. Ask Dave Mass, he says Mike told him of a time he threw Arnold up against a car and Arnold was too scared to do anything.

Clancy

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2009, 03:39:33 PM »
Milos why don't you tell the truth you just want to fight Bob Chick and M Mustaffa you have no real interest in MMA it's just another pipe dream of yours.