Author Topic: Could Jay Cutler have beat Dorian Yates?  (Read 114712 times)

Dr. Xavier

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Could Cutler beat Dorian.
« Reply #325 on: November 03, 2005, 11:09:36 PM »
Average genetics- grossy overdeveloped vastus medialis, lack of separation of the vastus lateralis (the medialis and lateralis actually touch), grossly underveloped rectus femoris and very little thigh sweep. Dorian could do squats and extensions until he was blue in the face, but he still wouldn’t have the genetics to compete with the wheels of Cutler. He would have to be born again. :'(

He used his overly developed calves to make his underdeveloped upper thighs look bigger than they actually were. Arnold did the same thing.

Dr. Xavier

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #326 on: November 03, 2005, 11:21:51 PM »
Great genetics- separation b/w the vastus lateralis, rectus femoris and vastus medialis (with a whole lot of shape). Note how the rectus separates the medialis from the lateralis (as they should). Also note how much fuller Jays’s thigh and calf muscle bellies are in comparison to Dorian’s. Check out the striations as well!

bigkahuna

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #327 on: November 04, 2005, 03:08:20 AM »
id like to hear shawn rays opinion on ronnie versus dorian!

Supersoaker

• Getbig II
  • "No I'm not the guy in 40 year old virgin"
« Reply #328 on: November 04, 2005, 03:15:08 AM »
Post the 05 pics of Cutler not this AC crap. 05 Cutler would beat Dorian hands down.
"Stop asking me that"

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #329 on: November 04, 2005, 06:10:29 AM »
id like to hear shawn rays opinion on ronnie versus dorian!

back in one of the original dorian vs. Ronnie threads, I posted two shots of Ronnie, one from the front and one from the back from the 98 Olympia and challenged the dorian fans to find two shots from the same contest to beat them.

Shawn commented that it would be tough to find shots of ANY other bodybuilder to compete with them.

that says alot about who he would favor right there: Wasp waist Ronnie all the way.

right shawn? 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Gord

• Getbig IV
  • Smile when you say that
« Reply #330 on: November 04, 2005, 06:14:13 AM »
Who needs Shawn Ray when there is Hulkster to talk on his behalf?  ::)
Lies, damn lies and diets

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #331 on: November 04, 2005, 09:36:29 AM »
Dorian was much drier and harder than Cutler has ever been.  Add to this that Dorian had comparable size and better shape and there's your answer.  I will say that Cutler has some of the widest shoulders in the history of bodybuilding, which is impressive on a 5'9" frame. 

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #332 on: November 04, 2005, 04:28:26 PM »
Who needs Shawn Ray when there is Hulkster to talk on his behalf?  ::)

I didn't misquote Shawn. Go and look up the old thread.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hendrix

• Getbig IV
  • Male Silverback Gorillas Do Not Take Drugs.
« Reply #333 on: February 19, 2006, 12:17:27 AM »
Bump
BOBB SAPP KILLS

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #334 on: February 19, 2006, 08:40:47 AM »
Brian Buchanan had a wasp waist.  Ronnie never has had in pro competition and his waist does not taper - not in the classic way of Buchanan, Haney, Reeves or Oliva.   Ronnie's waist has been smallish at the botton but not a true taper.   As I have said before, Ronnie is just a mish mash of parts slapped together with no flow.  No fvcking flow baby!  Dorian's hips are actually very narrow and even those his waist did protrude it still looked better than Ronnie's bulbous lump, except perhaps in 94.  I have seen Dorian and Ronnie compete aghainst each other and it wasn't even close, and this was at a time when Ronnie was supposed to have had his 'wasp' waist.  Dorian beat him comfortably. 

Ronnie looked good in 98 and 05 and that's it.   At least he took my advice for 2005 and worked on his lower pec line - an area he has lacked for years.

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #335 on: February 19, 2006, 09:12:47 AM »
Yeah Anal, Ronnie took your criticisms to heart being that you are the foremost expert in the world on muscular development.  ::) I am sure he ran right out and started doing decline presses and flys.  :-X

420 Diesel

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #336 on: February 19, 2006, 09:38:40 AM »
cutler's got some years left in him.  we could see his back develop to dorian's level.  if that happens, then jay will be clearly better.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #337 on: February 19, 2006, 10:10:03 AM »
Depending on how the judges feel that day.  I think Dorian's conditioning would make Jay look about 4 weeks out.

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #338 on: February 19, 2006, 12:20:54 PM »
Yeah Anal, Ronnie took your criticisms to heart being that you are the foremost expert in the world on muscular development.  ::) I am sure he ran right out and started doing decline presses and flys.  :-X

Nice to see this little boy sees the light.  Well done son.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #339 on: February 19, 2006, 05:39:16 PM »
My vote is for ronnie coleman over yates. Dorian's lack of biceps peak and symmetry really takes it away from me. I tend to favor the importance of that area. Hence, I believe Ronnie Coleman has the best  front and rear double biceps poses this sport has seen.  98 and 99 mr O's come to mind.  The calves and triceps seem insignificant to me. 
I like Cutler over Dorian as well. I just find Cutler to be more aesthetic.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #340 on: February 19, 2006, 07:38:14 PM »
Brian Buchanan had a wasp waist.  Ronnie never has had in pro competition and his waist does not taper - not in the classic way of Buchanan, Haney, Reeves or Oliva.   Ronnie's waist has been smallish at the botton but not a true taper.   As I have said before, Ronnie is just a mish mash of parts slapped together with no flow.  No fvcking flow baby!  Dorian's hips are actually very narrow and even those his waist did protrude it still looked better than Ronnie's bulbous lump, except perhaps in 94.  I have seen Dorian and Ronnie compete aghainst each other and it wasn't even close, and this was at a time when Ronnie was supposed to have had his 'wasp' waist.  Dorian beat him comfortably. 
Ronnie looked good in 98 and 05 and that's it.   At least he took my advice for 2005 and worked on his lower pec line - an area he has lacked for years.
hold on one second:
You are trying to argue that this waist:

looks better than this one:

Are you clinically brain dead??
and, look at ronnie's waist in that last shot, taken from the 99 Olympia. What exactly wrong with the taper??
Flower Boy Ran Away

MRMD2003

• Getbig II
« Reply #341 on: February 20, 2006, 11:56:46 AM »
JAY CUTLER IS A GREAT BODYBULDER, BUT HE WOULD N'T HAVE A CHANCE AGAINST DORIAN (IN HIS PRIME). JAY WOULD HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM HE HAS NOW WITH RONNIE !!!!!!! WHEN RONNIE OR DORIAN TURN AROUND, THE SHOW IS OVER. THEY'RE BACKS' ARE THE BEST IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT. TO BE HONEST. CUTLER COULDN'T BEAT LEVRONE, RAY, OR WHEELER WHEN THEY  WERE IN THEIR PRIMES.

healthiswealth

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #342 on: July 25, 2006, 02:26:24 AM »
Now this would make for a much more sound argument. Cutler vs. Yates.

I say Cutler has him on everything but conditioning. Yes, even the rear lat spreads and back. Jay has made incredible improvements to his back.

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #343 on: July 25, 2006, 03:27:37 AM »
Yates would win,

Nasser was basically dominant from the front, better than Jay even, and he could never beat Yates.

healthiswealth

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #344 on: July 26, 2006, 01:29:03 PM »
Jay can defend himself from a punk who tries to suckerpunch him, too.

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #345 on: July 26, 2006, 01:56:18 PM »
Dorian would have choked in the challenge round, everybody would call the front double bi.. Poor Dorian..

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #346 on: July 26, 2006, 03:59:17 PM »
Dorian by TKO in the second round!
"Shut the F up and train"

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #347 on: July 26, 2006, 05:01:07 PM »
Great genetics- separation b/w the vastus lateralis, rectus femoris and vastus medialis (with a whole lot of shape). Note how the rectus separates the medialis from the lateralis (as they should). Also note how much fuller Jays’s thigh and calf muscle bellies are in comparison to Dorian’s. Check out the striations as well!
"Note how the rectus separates the medialis from the lateralis (as they should)" says who? yates muscle shape is what it is. some guys have high calves or lats. some dont. because yates lateral and medial touch only means that that is how they are shaped. like you could train to make them touch and not train the rectus. whoooo boy.
some guys have great biceps brachialis and some guys dont.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #348 on: July 26, 2006, 05:03:21 PM »
JAY CUTLER IS A GREAT BODYBULDER, BUT HE WOULD N'T HAVE A CHANCE AGAINST DORIAN (IN HIS PRIME). JAY WOULD HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM HE HAS NOW WITH RONNIE !!!!!!! WHEN RONNIE OR DORIAN TURN AROUND, THE SHOW IS OVER. THEY'RE BACKS' ARE THE BEST IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT. TO BE HONEST. CUTLER COULDN'T BEAT LEVRONE, RAY, OR WHEELER WHEN THEY  WERE IN THEIR PRIMES.
someone who gets it

suckmymuscle

« Reply #349 on: August 05, 2008, 03:34:45 PM »
No comparison really. Yates never had that kind of size and was always BLOCKY. If i need a piano moved Yates gets the call.

Yates had better density and looked more powerful than Cutler.

Excuse me, but Cutler is much blockier, and at his best - 2001 Olympia - he is actually smaller than Dorian and still has worse conditioning and also inferior symmetry. The 275 lbs Cutler from the 2006 Olympia is very full, yes, but he is also extremely soft, less detailed and has a wider waist than Dorian. Compare 2006 Cutler to the 270 lbs Dorian from the 1997 Olympia and you''ll see that Dorian is just as big but much harder and more shredded.

SUCKMYMUSCLE