Author Topic: Could Jay Cutler have beat Dorian Yates?  (Read 113313 times)

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Could Cutler beat Dorian.
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2005, 02:18:17 AM »
Dorain and Jay at their best would be too close to call.  Jay 2001 and Doz 93 or 95.  I would edge towards Dorian.  As we all know, they both look better than Ronnie at their best.

HUTCH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Mr. Arizona 2007
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2005, 03:06:41 AM »
Little manace in the ring eh?  Like Dennis the Menace?  He looks like he's 12 years old.

E

Ya that pic must have been before he got on Yates approved...ahah....He is for real though 38 -0 and he has fight against kostya Tszyu on June 5th for the light welterweight belt.....exciting fighter and proably the popular athlete from England right now...If you feel like spending the 50 bucks for pay perview you wont disapointed..Great fight its gonna be

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2005, 03:07:15 AM »
calves, foreams, triceps and hamstrings to name a few...
to name a few huh.. why not name the rest.....hahahahah...or were u feelin generous...
he doesnt beat jay on calves.... or "foremans"!! (u werent scraping the barrel at all)
jay has him on calves quads shoulders ..triceps..biceps...ches t...abs...
u do the math...
all dorian had that was phenomenal was a big back.. and condition..
thats all....
choice is an illusion

ANAL DISCHARGE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2005, 03:58:25 AM »
Ya that pic must have been before he got on Yates approved...ahah....He is for real though 38 -0 and he has fight against kostya Tszyu on June 5th for the light welterweight belt.....exciting fighter and proably the popular athlete from England right now...If you feel like spending the 50 bucks for pay perview you wont disapointed..Great fight its gonna be

Could end up being the fight of the year. 

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2005, 05:46:16 AM »
is that so LLES
ok condition appart...
aside from back name me a bodypart dorian has better than jay...
tsk...
some people believe the hype waaay too much..

Aside from the back, ok , how about calves, legs ( JC has some some weird looking wheels) Delts, ect......... Like I stated size-wise , yes ,  but conditioning no , no , no & hell no!!! Why do you think Dorian won so many O's? Aside from size ( pre-injury) no-one could even get close to the conditioning that he could. The man looked like granite. I like how you say aside from conditioning. Like everyone can achieve the look Dorian had. If that's the case then Fux should have won. JC would lose too much size trying to get that hard. Looks like you believe the hype way too much.

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2005, 06:00:59 AM »
The lat spread pic IS Dorian- someone said it was Fux.  Anway, Jay and Dorian are 2 different men- if the judges were looking for freaky vascularity with hardness, Dorian would win hands down.  Jay could win too depending on what the judges were looking for.

As far as how Dorian looks now, only think I would suggest is getting a tan!.  Guys give Dorian a break- I'm sure he doesnt' cycle anymore and looks good for his age and not being "on".  It's funny how guys like Dorian get slammed on the board when they quit roids and then guyslike Don Youngblood get slammed because they took them when they were too old..?  Give everybody a break guys and be fair.

Exactly. Why should Dorian stay on? His supplment company is already succesful, he is a millionair, and he has his health. What would he gain by staying huge and juiced??
shotgun on the team

Hendrix

• Getbig IV
  • Male Silverback Gorillas Do Not Take Drugs.
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2005, 06:14:22 AM »
Could end up being the fight of the year.
KostaTszyu is a fellow Australian citizen though he was born in Russia, he is training like an animal when he gave a press conferance the other day he had a black eye from all the sparring he is doing, but was talking tough,I bet Kosta takes him in 6 rounds.
BOBB SAPP KILLS

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2005, 06:15:42 AM »
I disagree - Ronnie at the 2001 Arnold was in better condition (striations everywhere) with just as much mass- but his shape was lightyears ahead of Dorians:

The fact is, that dorian, even at his best, had a super wide waist:

Hulkster when you say things like Ronnie has matched Dorians Condition, your credibility immediatly goes out the window for anyone who has followed the sport. The same is true when you bring light to the fact that Dorian had a wide waist. Go to the Arnold, Olympia or any other major show and ask 100 people who has the biggest GH gut in the history of the sport. 95% will say Ronnie Coleman, 0% will say Dorian.
shotgun on the team

Hendrix

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2005, 07:06:50 AM »
Exactly. Why should Dorian stay on? His supplment company is already succesful, he is a millionair, and he has his health. What would he gain by staying huge and juiced??
A Bodybuilder. ;D
BOBB SAPP KILLS

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2005, 07:24:42 AM »
Jay is my favourite pro around, but to say his calves are better than Dorians were is nothing short of stupidity. Dorian has the best shaped calves of anyone up to his time and had size to match, Jay has the best of the current crop but thats it
Scouser on Tour

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2005, 09:57:37 AM »

LMAO ;D

E
E

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2005, 11:16:53 AM »
Hulkster makes bad analogies , especially using Yates vs Ray & Wheeler as refference to having a big gut , now first let me state Yates' gut was distended and he had a naturally " wide " waist , however in that pic Shawn Ray is about 205lbs and Flex is about 220lbs max , Yates outweighs Ray by 50lbs and Flex by about 37lbs so thats not 100% fair , check out this pic of Yates at 228lbs his waist compares very favorably to Ray & Wheeler at around the same weight.

I've never really been a fan of Cutler's phyisque , Yates does have the edge on calves , I would say triceps , and back , not to mention V-taper , which is clearly evident in the ab-thigh pose , and the latspreads , and Yates has much better balance , and you could break a bodybuilder down part for part but what really matters is how they look in the mandatory poses and in my opinion Yates simply outclasses Cutler.

GUNZO

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2005, 02:23:59 PM »
    Jay, Ronnie and Dex, who today could consistently beat Shawn, Flex, Kevin, Nasser and Dillett at their respective bests.-Prof. Lodz
Don't believe the hype. Only one person mentioned has consistently defeated Shawn, Flex, Kevin, Nasser, and Dillett: Ronnie ; not Jay, not Dex. Jay cheated his way into second place in 2001, and has recieved a series of gifts ever since. But more importantly, Jay could not, would not defeat Yates. Take a look at any Cutler back shots, he has always had a lack of detail, and conditioning problems in the lower region.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2005, 03:24:19 PM »
so
u really belive...
dorian... with one arm...
beat paull dillet shawn... kevin
etc.. legitimately...
uh huh yeah right....
all u have to do is compare bodyparts...
dorian beats all of these guys on ONE or two body parts..
one if were countin dillet specifically..
he had amazing calves...
so dorian only beat him on back...
rest of physique.... lights out...
bbing judges are full of shit...
choice is an illusion

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2005, 03:43:30 PM »
Yeah, Dorian was insanely grainy..but Jay should be righ there or bette rin muscularity..except for Back..Dorians Back would crush Jays IMHO...

Dorians weakness was his arms. But that didnt stop him!'
 8)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2005, 04:04:05 PM »
his biceps did stop him... but the judges didnt...
culter cruses him on pecs.... shoulders..
has better quads....
and better abs...
or dont those body parts count... ::)
dorian had and ugly physique..
but a good back.. and great conditioning...
shawn kevin flex...
have superior physiques..
imo
choice is an illusion

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2005, 04:12:51 PM »
Hulkster when you say things like Ronnie has matched Dorians Condition, your credibility immediatly goes out the window for anyone who has followed the sport.

So does yours when you forget what Ronnie looked like back before he had a gut:

Go to the Arnold, Olympia or any other major show and ask 100 people who has the biggest GH gut in the history of the sport. 95% will say Ronnie Coleman, 0% will say Dorian.

Okay, so just because many people are ignorant of the past somehow gives credibity to your argument:

I remember how bad Yates looked. Ronnie has a gut ontop of a narrow waist. Dorian had a gut ontop of a WIDE waist.  Ronnie's situation is much better.

Now, back to Jay versus Dorian!:

Dorian (as much as I am not a fan) would kill Jay.  I think he looks better in most of the mandatories (except for maybe the front double bi).

Flower Boy Ran Away

240 or bust

« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2005, 04:14:21 PM »
Jay, 2005, would beat Dorian. However, Jay also has almost a decade of technology and gear in his favor, that Dorian did not have to draw upon. Put them both at their peak at the same time with the same gear, and Dorian's graininess would have made Cutler look soft. Imagine Dorian with that same level of graniness, 30 pounds heavier?

He'd be unreal.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2005, 04:31:47 PM »
thats a suppose... 240
im talkin based on how they looked... its a speculations whetehr dorian could have been 30lbs heavier with that condition.. i mean look at his waiste at 240 - to 260?????
are dorian arms better than jays? no
are his legs better than jays ? no
are hs shoulders better than jays? no
are his traps better than jays? no
are his biceps better than jays? no
does he have better calves? arguable not a definete
does he have better quads.. no
does he havebetter hams? arguable
does he have a better back yes
do the math
dorian yates won kevin shawn paul nasser.. because the judges let him...
he didnt have better bodies than ANY of them... better back and conditioning .. yes...
like i said
bb judges are full of shit like a crab

choice is an illusion

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2005, 04:34:35 PM »
agreed with mesomorph, although i would say that dorian only has jay on lat spread, not the back double bi.
follow the arrows

bbfan1

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2005, 05:56:59 PM »
Hulkster when you say things like Ronnie has matched Dorians Condition, your credibility immediatly goes out the window for anyone who has followed the sport.

::)

240 or bust

« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2005, 06:10:20 PM »
i agree yates today would beat dorian at his peak.

it's like comparing coleman to arnold. of course coleman wins. but in the same era, arnold would find a way to win. he beat sergio, who was a genetic god greater than coleman.

Hendrix

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2005, 06:30:33 PM »
So does yours when you forget what Ronnie looked like back before he had a gut:

I admire Ronnie but Flex had better asthetics and proportions but he lost soley on back and hamstring comparisons where Ronnies coditioning was insane equal or better than Yates his 98MrO coditioning was insane just look at his hamstrings and back not a hint of moisture its a wonder he did not drop dead of dehydraytion.
The point i am trying to make is Ronnie MrO98 was a match for Dorians conditioning and in my opinion exceeded it,Flame me if you must but just look at the photo  objectivly or show me a photo of Dorian that exact same pose as dry as Coleman.
BOBB SAPP KILLS

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2005, 07:29:25 PM »
I admire Ronnie but Flex had better asthetics and proportions but he lost soley on back and hamstring comparisons where Ronnies coditioning was insane equal or better than Yates his 98MrO coditioning was insane just look at his hamstrings and back not a hint of moisture its a wonder he did not drop dead of dehydraytion.
The point i am trying to make is Ronnie MrO98 was a match for Dorians conditioning and in my opinion exceeded it,Flame me if you must but just look at the photo  objectivly or show me a photo of Dorian that exact same pose as dry as Coleman.

Sorry, Hendrix, but I already tried that route with the Dorian fans. I challenged them long ago to find two Dorian pics in contest shape that were as good as these two:

and they all conveniently ignored the challenge.

The Dorian fans got soundly defeated in the massive Ronnie vs. Dorian thread, but they can't admit that the current champ (pre gut- at his best) was better than Dorian..

Flower Boy Ran Away

Gord

• Getbig IV
  • Smile when you say that
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2005, 09:11:28 PM »
Here's a great picture of Yates for ya.

Lies, damn lies and diets