Author Topic: Luke Wood needs a kidney transplant  (Read 76462 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: LUKE WOOD: NEEDS KIDNEY TRANSPLANT
« Reply #175 on: December 11, 2009, 06:40:42 AM »
I wouldnt know what Luke was doing...why would you suggest that I do?

I didn't know if you were talking generally, about TP, about Luke, or what.
Sounded like you blamed all bb kidney problems on painkillers, Nubain specifically (which isn't kidney toxic as far as I know, but could be wrong).

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
  • It's only gay if you want it to be.
« Reply #176 on: December 11, 2009, 06:43:02 AM »
Chick is probably right on this one. Bodybuilders have been using very high dosages of anabolics for decades now, but the kidney problems are more recent.

I'm not claiming steroids don't cause increased blood pressure which is harsh on the kidneys, but their role alone pales in comparison to the combination of steroids, the rigours of contest prep (diuretics, extreme dehydration, cutting drugs) and abusing pain meds.

Flex Wheeler himself said in an interview many years ago that it was the diuretics that were harshest, sending him many times in pain and agony to the emergency room. The crazy conditioning demanded by judges, and the willingness of competitors to go along with them, are to blame for this.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #177 on: December 11, 2009, 06:43:59 AM »
I didn't know if you were talking generally, about TP, about Luke, or what.
Sounded like you blamed all bb kidney problems on painkillers, Nubain specifically (which isn't kidney toxic as far as I know, but could be wrong).

Nubain isnt toxic to the kidneys???  are you joking?

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #178 on: December 11, 2009, 06:45:34 AM »
Open invitation to any guy that thinks he can take me: Call Next Level and ask to schedule our fight ASK FOR Greg Thompson for mat time, he'll let me know. Don't be perturbed if he laughs at you...Anyone else, if you can't back it up,shut the fuck up....

hey "girl", you should lower your testosterone intakes...its taking a toll on your mental health. BTW why did you hijack the whole thread with your pathetic aggressivity and details about your insignificant and uterly vain life? The thread's about a "pro" who lost his kidney in th epursuit of a 3 $ plastic trophy.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #179 on: December 11, 2009, 06:50:12 AM »
Chick is probably right on this one. Bodybuilders have been using very high dosages of anabolics for decades now, but the kidney problems are more recent.

I'm not claiming steroids don't cause increased blood pressure which is harsh on the kidneys, but their role alone pales in comparison to the combination of steroids, the rigours of contest prep (diuretics, extreme dehydration, cutting drugs) and abusing pain meds.

Flex Wheeler himself said in an interview many years ago that it was the diuretics that were harshest, sending him many times in pain and agony to the emergency room. The crazy conditioning demanded by judges, and the willingness of competitors to go along with them, are to blame for this.

no, its the ignorance on the part of the bodybuilders that is to blame for this...

how do you suppose chick is right about this one? what part of chick's research backs his claim that AAS has nothing to do with organ breakdown in these guys? please..stop the BS.  I'm sure all who uses would like to believe that pumping their body full of these drugs isn't going to affect them in the long run but i trust medical science a bit more than i trust bob's library full of ''knowledge''.  Believe what you want..but just because Flex says so doesn't make it so...
footloose and fancy free

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #180 on: December 11, 2009, 06:50:40 AM »
It's just a kidney, it will grow back.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: December 11, 2009, 06:51:42 AM »

no, its the ignorance on the part of the bodybuilders that is to blame for this...

how do you suppose chick is right about this one? what part of chick's research backs his claim that AAS has nothing to do with organ breakdown in these guys? please..stop the BS.  I'm sure all who uses would like to believe that pumping their body full of these drugs isn't going to affect them in the long run but i trust medical science a bit more than i trust bob's library full of ''knowledge''.  Believe what you want..but just because Flex says so doesn't make it so...

So its your contention that ONLY AAS is responsible, and none of the painkeilers, etc mentioned had anything to do with it, right??

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #182 on: December 11, 2009, 06:53:23 AM »
So its your contention that ONLY AAS is responsible, and none of the painkeilers, etc mentioned had anything to do with it, right??

No, that's my contention.  I just don't buy that its just pain killers and diuretics that cause organ damage...and that if they just used AAS they'd be ok.
footloose and fancy free

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #183 on: December 11, 2009, 06:53:50 AM »
Chemistry/Pharmacology:
Nalbuphine hydrochloride (Nubain®) is classified as a synthetic opioid agonist-antagonist. Chemically, it is related to the opioid antagonist, naloxone and the potent opioid agonist oxymorphone. The chemical name for nalbuphine is 17-(cyclobutylmethyl)-4,5α  -epoxymorphinan-3,6 α , 14-triol hydrochloride. It is soluble in water and ethanol and available only as an injectable solution.

Nalbuphine is a potent analgesic. Its analgesic potency is essentially equivalent to morphine. It binds to mu, kappa, and delta opioid receptors. Nalbuphine is metabolized by the liver and excreted by the kidneys.

Illicit Uses:
As an injectable formulation, nalbuphine is primarily used in hospitals and rarely prescribed by physicians compared to other opioid analgesics. In addition, as a drug of abuse it is less attractive as a substitute by heroin addicts or highly tolerant opioid abusers due to its potent antagonist effects. Nalbuphine is ten times more potent than pentazocine as an antagonist and will precipitate withdrawal in an opiate–tolerant individual. A limited number of anecdotal reports suggest that nalbuphine is abused by health care professionals and by body builders (anabolic steroid users).

-from DEA

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #184 on: December 11, 2009, 06:54:46 AM »
That's not a post made by Berzerkfury about you

True,BF would of said the stripper was mooching off him.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #185 on: December 11, 2009, 06:55:20 AM »
Nubain isnt toxic to the kidneys???  are you joking?

Not in the least. If it's so toxic why doesn't the PDR mention it? It sure mentions how toxic Advil is.

Edit: before some moron says I'm somehow saying using Nubain is a good thing; that's not what I'm saying. Narcotics will fuck you up. Only talking about the organ toxicity.

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #186 on: December 11, 2009, 06:55:38 AM »
I can all but guarantee you that AAS had zero to do with failing kidneys...If you took 2 minutes to do some homewrk, you might know that as well.

PAIN KILLERS...look it up,fool...

being ignorant only backs up "burying your head in the sand".

Washington, octobre 30, 2009
Using steroids for bodybuilding can damage kidney function

Anabolic steroids, taken by some athletes to gain muscle mass and strength, can destroy kidney function, says a new study.

The study revealed that the habitual use of steroids has serious harmful effects on the kidneys that were not previously recognized.

Leal Herlitz, MD (Columbia University Medical Center) and her colleagues recently conducted a study describing injury to the kidneys following long-term abuse of anabolic steroids.

The researchers studied a group of 10 bodybuilders who used steroids for many years and developed protein leakage into the urine and severe reductions in kidney function. Kidney tests revealed that nine of the ten bodybuilders developed a condition called focal segmental glomerulosclerosis, a type of scarring within the kidneys. This disease typically occurs when the kidneys are overworked. The kidney damage in the bodybuilders has similarities to that seen in morbidly obese patients, but appears to be even more severe.

When bodybuilders discontinued steroid use their kidney abnormalities improved, with the exception of one individual with advanced kidney disease who developed end-stage kidney failure and required dialysis. Also, one of the bodybuilders started taking steroids again and suffered a relapse of severe kidney dysfunction.  (  ;D  )

The researchers propose that extreme increases in muscle mass require the kidneys to increase their filtration rate, placing harmful levels of stress on these organs. It’s also likely that steroids have direct toxic effects on the kidneys. “Athletes who use anabolic steroids and the doctors caring for them need to be aware of the potentially serious risks to the kidney,” said Dr. Herlitz.

The study has been presented at the American Society of Nephrology’s 42nd Annual Meeting and Scientific Exposition in San Diego, CA.

Keywords: Anabolic steroids, harmful effects, protein leakage, kidney function, dialysis, medical research, health

::)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: December 11, 2009, 06:56:24 AM »
Chemistry/Pharmacology:
Nalbuphine hydrochloride (Nubain®) is classified as a synthetic opioid agonist-antagonist. Chemically, it is related to the opioid antagonist, naloxone and the potent opioid agonist oxymorphone. The chemical name for nalbuphine is 17-(cyclobutylmethyl)-4,5α  -epoxymorphinan-3,6 α , 14-triol hydrochloride. It is soluble in water and ethanol and available only as an injectable solution.

Nalbuphine is a potent analgesic. Its analgesic potency is essentially equivalent to morphine. It binds to mu, kappa, and delta opioid receptors. Nalbuphine is metabolized by the liver and excreted by the kidneys.

Illicit Uses:
As an injectable formulation, nalbuphine is primarily used in hospitals and rarely prescribed by physicians compared to other opioid analgesics. In addition, as a drug of abuse it is less attractive as a substitute by heroin addicts or highly tolerant opioid abusers due to its potent antagonist effects. Nalbuphine is ten times more potent than pentazocine as an antagonist and will precipitate withdrawal in an opiate–tolerant individual. A limited number of anecdotal reports suggest that nalbuphine is abused by health care professionals and by body builders (anabolic steroid users).

-from DEA

BINGO

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #188 on: December 11, 2009, 06:57:41 AM »
Sure thing.  Whatever makes you feel better sparky.
Again, it's not anti-steroid, it's the fools who take them and more so, need drugs to make it to the gym.
The current state of gyms today, is pathetic.

Yeah, once a juicer...for 2 months in 1994.  You keep holding on to that one.  Don't forget, I used to smoke weed back in 93' too.
Once a stoner..., guess I'm just a burn out today.

You need to work on your own philosophies and not a cheesy cleshay.  Next thing you know, you'll be quoting "What happens on getbig, stays on getbig." ::)
Have some original thought.  It probably won't be too insightful, but at least it'll be your own.

Banging the steroid drum has gotten old my friend.  Dont hate on guys at the gym because they juice.  You know what it feels like.  Dont act hollier than the next because you discontinued usage.  Your school assembly message needs work

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #189 on: December 11, 2009, 07:01:08 AM »
most of the time the "knowledge" these monkeys have about steroids is that "Dit make mah musles get biga HUH" and that it will allow em to keep on preying on women with low self esteem or schmoes to support their "lifestyle" , the only people who are in "awe" of their unhealthy and stupid looking bodies...

Please "chick", dont try to lure us into believing "bodybuilders" are rocket scientists when it comes to manipulating and ingesting anabolic steroids and other posing oils...

99,99999% of the general public when seeing a steroid abuser think "what is he trying to compensate for, a small penis / being bald or being short (or both 3)?"

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: December 11, 2009, 07:02:06 AM »
Not in the least. If it's so toxic why doesn't the PDR mention it? It sure mentions how toxic Advil is.

Edit: before some moron says I'm somehow saying using Nubain is a good thing; that's not what I'm saying. Narcotics will fuck you up. Only talking about the organ toxicity.

See the text above:

Nubain is 1 molecule away from Heroin...If you believe an over the counter oral Advil is toxic, what do you think a prescription only, injectable painkiller akin to morphine and 10X more potent does??

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #191 on: December 11, 2009, 07:02:55 AM »

"Nalbuphine is ten times more potent than pentazocine as an antagonist and will precipitate withdrawal in an opiate–tolerant individual."

BINGO

This means nubain is ten times more potent than pentazocine at blocking the opiate receptor.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #192 on: December 11, 2009, 07:05:11 AM »
Banging the steroid drum has gotten old my friend.  Dont hate on guys at the gym because they juice.  You know what it feels like.  Dont act hollier than the next because you discontinued usage.  Your school assembly message needs work
LOL. Jerri Blank?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: December 11, 2009, 07:05:39 AM »
and you figure thats a good thing?

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #194 on: December 11, 2009, 07:06:02 AM »
See the text below:

Nubain is 1 molecule away from Heroin...If you believe an over the counter oral Advil is toxic, what do you think a prescription only, injectable painkiller akin to morphine and 10X more potent does??

You're confusing potency with toxicity, Chick.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #195 on: December 11, 2009, 07:06:43 AM »
See the text below:

Chick, I'm sorry but that's ridiculous reasoning. Let me tell you something you won't believe: heroin and morphine aren't very toxic either. They will fuck you up in other ways, but won't give you liver or kidney failure quickly like Advil will when overdosed. Just because something is OTC or not says nothing about whether it's toxic to a specific organ.

You're confusing potency with toxicity, Chick.

Advil and Nubain don't even work through the same mechanisms. Advil isn't Nubain Lite.  :D
Can't even compare potency since Nubain isn't an anti-inflammatory.

hairyB07

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #196 on: December 11, 2009, 07:07:25 AM »
so in regards to luke wood...how many has milos almost killed now??

all pictures of luke before going to the koloseum gym were crazy!!
not so bad upon first entering the koloseum for about a good year.
and then just more and more down hill the more he was with milos.......

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #197 on: December 11, 2009, 07:09:34 AM »
so in regards to luke wood...how many has milos almost killed now??

all pictures of luke before going to the koloseum gym were crazy!!
not so bad upon first entering the koloseum for about a good year.
and then just more and more down hill the more he was with milos.......
crazy, that's the word..

it's always fun until someone loses an eye...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: December 11, 2009, 07:10:32 AM »
This means nubain is ten times more potent than pentazocine at blocking the opiate receptor.

Which basically means that its MORE addictive and causes bigger withdrawl symptoms

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #199 on: December 11, 2009, 07:12:04 AM »
again, this thread isnt going to end well for "chick".