Author Topic: Shawn Ray on Dorian Yates...  (Read 165705 times)

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
Re: Shawn Ray on Dorian Yates...
« Reply #550 on: February 14, 2010, 07:42:23 AM »
You left out a very important part of that quote because it contradicts your bullshit NO WHERE did he say I would beat them he eluded to it but never committed to it , in fact he says specifically he couldn't beat them in their day

<yawn> it was a rhetorical question  

"Come on now, this is the age of Ronnie Coleman who else would win"

there is no other way to interpret this. Him commenting about the other champs' heydays was a show of respect so he wouldn't appear cocky.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #551 on: February 14, 2010, 08:17:53 AM »

no separations or striations, arms too small for his torso and a torn bicep, yet the best physique ever according to ND ::)
this is 3-6 weeks before a contest and show me the torn bicep. in this shot you dont see the tear and that is why the judges said it didnt matter.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #552 on: February 14, 2010, 09:01:32 AM »
this is 3-6 weeks before a contest and show me the torn bicep. in this shot you dont see the tear and that is why the judges said it didnt matter.

who gives a shit if the pic was taken 3 wks or 10 wks before a contest? Pick a version of Dorian and stick with it. You nuthuggers like to mix and match different years and contest vs pre-contest (e.g. the balance of 6 wks pre-contest 93 + the conditioning of 95 contest + the size of 3-6 wks pre-contest 95). No such version ever existed. So pick one and stick with it.

p.s. his right arm is noticeably smaller than his left ;)

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #553 on: February 14, 2010, 09:36:42 AM »
Why do people try and speak for Ronnie? Why do people pretend they know more about Ronnie Coleman than Ronnie himself does?? ???

Ronnie admitted Dorian would beat him, THREE times now. I don't even bother looking at the bullshit pics Trollster posts. I saw them both compete as reigning Mr O's. Dorian wins, simple. It's not even much of a question once you actually see them, it's clear as daylight. I wish internet fanboys who doesn't have a clue about body building would stop trying to speak with authority. You have none.

BuffD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #554 on: February 14, 2010, 10:50:47 AM »
LOL

ND is saying ronnie has no density when he blows dorian away in this area and all other areas:

look:

::)

Ronnies right leg is alot bigger than the left.  Same with his arms.

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
« Reply #555 on: February 14, 2010, 11:11:04 AM »
Why do people try and speak for Ronnie? Why do people pretend they know more about Ronnie Coleman than Ronnie himself does?? ???

Ronnie admitted Dorian would beat him, THREE times now. I don't even bother looking at the bullshit pics Trollster posts. I saw them both compete as reigning Mr O's. Dorian wins, simple. It's not even much of a question once you actually see them, it's clear as daylight. I wish internet fanboys who doesn't have a clue about body building would stop trying to speak with authority. You have none.

Well said James28.

I can't help but think of the Coleman nut-huggers whenever I hear this song:

;D

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #556 on: February 14, 2010, 11:47:01 AM »
I don't even bother looking at the bullshit pics Trollster posts.

of course you don't

you avoid everything that proves your argument is wrong.

dorian would not beat ronnie at his peak.

all the pics show this.

so you avoid them.

its simple. sad, but simple.

Flower Boy Ran Away

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #557 on: February 14, 2010, 11:58:07 AM »
who gives a shit if the pic was taken 3 wks or 10 wks before a contest? Pick a version of Dorian and stick with it. You nuthuggers like to mix and match different years and contest vs pre-contest (e.g. the balance of 6 wks pre-contest 93 + the conditioning of 95 contest + the size of 3-6 wks pre-contest 95). No such version ever existed. So pick one and stick with it.

p.s. his right arm is noticeably smaller than his left ;)
you owned yourself jackass, its the left bicep that is the torn side.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #558 on: February 14, 2010, 12:00:09 PM »
of course you don't

all the pics show this.

so you avoid them.

Way to miss a fucking point and only picking one part of my post and taking it out of context troll. I didn't have to look at pics since I know what they look on stage. How do I know? Oh wait, because I'm a REAL body building fan that spend literally 1000's upon 1000's flying to America year after year to watching the guys battle it out. You're an internet troll that pours over pictures that capture a moment in time and a 2D certain angle. Had you ever seen Dorian LIVE your tune would change quickly. Then again, your open sexual advances to Ronnie's rear posture is well documented therefore your sexual lust might still blind you.

I don't understand why you keep trolling even after your object of desire admitted himself Dorian would paste him. I take it you know Ronnie's body better than Ronnie himself . Oh wait, come to think of it .....

Per Se

• Getbig III
« Reply #559 on: February 14, 2010, 12:00:51 PM »

Ronnie admits 3 times now he couldn't beat Dorian

That's just Ronnie being humble.  You're not supposed to take it literally.
Bodybuilding is a subjective sport, but when one competitor is so far ahead of another, it becomes OBJECTIVE.
I know u have love for Yates, but Ronnie is from another planet compared to Yates.
These 30 page threads are growing tiresome.  Anyone with eyes can clearly see Ronnie is the greatest of all time.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #560 on: February 14, 2010, 12:08:48 PM »
That's just Ronnie being humble.  You're not supposed to take it literally.
Bodybuilding is a subjective sport, but when one competitor is so far ahead of another, it becomes OBJECTIVE.
I know u have love for Yates, but Ronnie is from another planet compared to Yates.
These 30 page threads are growing tiresome.  Anyone with eyes can clearly see Ronnie is the greatest of all time.

I agree it's subjective. I can only respect your contrary opinion to mine if you've seen them both competing live at least three different showings. I cannot take serious or respect strongly worded diatribes from internet fans whose experiences of going to contests begin and end with buying the Flex contest coverage.

Either that or at least put forward a razor-sharp, well thought out argument documented with proof on why you think a certain bodybuilder is better than another. Also put forward your experience with the sport and your knowledge of the judging process. Posting a selective picture of your favourite bodybuilder and a terrible picture of your nemesis bodybuilder worded with 'OMG .Open your fucking eyes!!!!!!!' aren't quite going to cut it either and would just get you ridiculed.

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #561 on: February 14, 2010, 12:12:18 PM »
of course you don't

all the pics show this.

so you avoid them.

Typical Hulkster logic here; nevermind the fact the James28 saw them both in person and can therefore offer more insight than any of us.  Rather, Hulkster's biased view of the same 5-6 shitty Dorian pics that he always posts is much, much more reliable.  Spare us all jackass   ::)  

There are judges, competitors, and others who claim that Ronnie would win, and others claim Dorian would win.  Bottom line is that it would be close.  

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #562 on: February 14, 2010, 12:14:54 PM »
you seem to forget that others have also seen them both in person and say that ronnie is far above.

and their opinion is corroborated by the pics and vids.

James28's is not.

which opinion is correct?

the one corroborated by the pics and vids.

sorry.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #563 on: February 14, 2010, 12:16:56 PM »
Rather, Hulkster's biased view of the same 5-6 shitty Dorian pics that he always posts is much, much more reliable

whats hilarious is that I post all kinds of dorian pics, including many posted by the nuthuggers as examples of 'good' dorian shots (eg the 96 GP shots in this thread) and ronnie kills them all.

yet, you still say that I post the same shitty pics, even though they are the same pics posted by you nuthuggers LOL

can't  have it both ways losers.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #564 on: February 14, 2010, 12:18:04 PM »
Anyone with eyes can clearly see Ronnie is the greatest of all time.

yup. the nuthuggers have the eyes.

but they lack the brains to go along with them..
Flower Boy Ran Away

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #565 on: February 14, 2010, 12:18:19 PM »
you seem to forget that others have also seen them both in person and say that ronnie is far above.

James28's is not.

sorry.

Don't assume everyone can be objective, therefore a knowledge of the judging process is required. Just because Ronnie looks freaky (and he does, not qualms about admitting that) doesn't make him better than Dorian. If 'freaky' won contests Ruhl, Fux or Dillet would all be multiple time Mr O winners.

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #566 on: February 14, 2010, 12:20:33 PM »

James28's is not.

sorry.
So only the ones that say Ronnie is better are to be believed, right?  Jesus, you're an idiot!
And, yes, you do post the same group of Dorian pics -- you have been literally for years now -- because that is the only way you can prove your worthless point of view.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #567 on: February 14, 2010, 12:32:17 PM »
So only the ones that say Ronnie is better are to be believed, right?

you can believe which ever you want.

but one has evidence behind it.

the other has evidence against it.

take your choice.

you can believe the Easter Bunny has a better physique than dorian if you want as well, but you won't find any corroborating evidence to back it up.

still, you can believe it if you want to.
Flower Boy Ran Away

BuffD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #568 on: February 14, 2010, 12:40:33 PM »
<yawn> it was a rhetorical question  

"Come on now, this is the age of Ronnie Coleman who else would win"

there is no other way to interpret this. Him commenting about the other champs' heydays was a show of respect so he wouldn't appear cocky.

He said that because he knew politics would keep him winning much like it did for Dorian.  Ronnie looks like ass and Dorian wasn't much better.  Both were the downfall of bodybuilding and the reason so many bodybuilders look like big ugly messes today.  Size for size sake.

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #569 on: February 14, 2010, 12:55:37 PM »
you can believe which ever you want.

but one has evidence behind it.

the other has evidence against it.

take your choice.

you can believe the Easter Bunny has a better physique than dorian if you want as well, but you won't find any corroborating evidence to back it up.

still, you can believe it if you want to.
By your own admission, many people who have seen them both say Dorian would win.  How is that not evidence?  Your "evidence" is based on your subjective opinion of comparison photos....hardly corroborating.  Your evidence is subjective, and yet you seem to be the only one who can't understand this. 

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #570 on: February 14, 2010, 01:06:42 PM »
By your own admission, many people who have seen them both say Dorian would win.  How is that not evidence?

because the pics and vids show they are not applying the criteria correctly, or are saying things about ronnie that are simply not true.

eg. Peter McGough's famous bullshit line about how dorian 6 weeks out was harder and in  better condition than ronnie ever was, even at the AC..

this opinion, for example, is not evidence. it is flat out WRONG as proven by all pics and videos.

as someone recently said, you would have to be blind not to see that ronnie is better..

Flower Boy Ran Away

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #571 on: February 14, 2010, 01:20:52 PM »
What's up with Ron's left pec? Where's his left tricep? Where's his left calf? What's up with his abs? Look how tiny his left arm is compared to his right. His whole balance compared to Yates is a joke. I can't believe you posted that pic. Talk about a fucking self owning. I'll let this one slide as it's too easy. Go again troll, one more chance.

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #572 on: February 14, 2010, 01:59:57 PM »
because the pics and vids show they are not applying the criteria correctly, or are saying things about ronnie that are simply not true.

eg. Peter McGough's famous bullshit line about how dorian 6 weeks out was harder and in  better condition than ronnie ever was, even at the AC..

this opinion, for example, is not evidence. it is flat out WRONG as proven by all pics and videos.

as someone recently said, you would have to be blind not to see that ronnie is better..

How can you say "flat out wrong"?  Did you see them both in person?  No.  Rather, you are comparing pics in completely different settings that were taken over 8 years apart.  Moreover, look the pics objectively - both look to be in amazing condition.  If you can't admit how grainy Dorian obviously is there then I don't know what to say.

Lol, so we should believe that "somone" who recently said what you want to believe, but not Peter McGough.  Wow, you are sinking.

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #573 on: February 14, 2010, 02:09:09 PM »
To give a better comparison, here are the videos of both Dorian in 93 and Ronnie 01 (the pics Hulkster posted were taken from these shots).  Both are in amazing condition.  To say Peter McGough was "flat out wrong" is hilarious.  Why is he flat out wrong, Hulkster? Because his preference is different than yours?

This reminds me of Hulkster saying that Ronnie himself is wrong when he said 1998 was his best Mr. O condition.  Hulkster thinks 1999 was better based solely on pics/vids, so Ronnie must be wrong.  Hulkster knows more about Ronnie than Ronnie knows about Ronnie.  ::)

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #574 on: February 14, 2010, 03:10:08 PM »
you owned yourself jackass, its the left bicep that is the torn side.

lol, how did own myself? I said his right arm is smaller and it is. Look at the pic.