Author Topic: 2008 dodge avenger  (Read 4850 times)

Stavios

2008 dodge avenger
« on: December 16, 2009, 10:44:39 AM »
I know it's pocket change for you guys ;D
 but is it a good cheap car ?

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 2008 dodge avenger
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 10:53:57 AM »
anything made by Chrysler should be avoided

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 10:56:07 AM »

I'm with you

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 10:56:32 AM »

agreed.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 10:57:22 AM »

x1000 

Stavios

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 11:00:34 AM »
how come ?

Stavios

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 11:02:10 AM »
I am also thinking of a Ford Fusion

RancherRanger

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 11:04:36 AM »
About everything that Chrysler puts out has transmission problems.  There junk. 

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 11:20:28 AM »
Good choice and the Flex as well.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 11:35:06 AM »
Junk.

8)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 11:48:19 AM »

New Fords are pretty damn good cars

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 11:58:59 AM »

x3

I would avoid anything domestic whatsoever

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 12:11:37 PM »
x3

I would avoid anything domestic whatsoever

Actually the Fords and GM's are hanging right there with Honda and Toyota in terms of reliability. It's the stigma of their previous lack of reliability and qualify that is hurting them. They have gained significant ground, while everybody including the CEOs were driving foreign cars (Ford boss driving a Lexus I believe).

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 12:15:13 PM »
Actually the Fords and GM's are hanging right there with Honda and Toyota in terms of reliability. It's the stigma of their previous lack of reliability and qualify that is hurting them. They have gained significant ground, while everybody including the CEOs were driving foreign cars (Ford boss driving a Lexus I believe).

Can you really blame him? companies like Lexus, Infinity and Acura are making better cars then even the Germans are these days (Mercedes, Audi, BMW)

that's kind of a funny slap in the face of ford though, heh...the boss driving a Lexus...ouch

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2009, 12:23:35 PM »
Have you driven one? It's garbage...

I assume that its probably $12-15K depending on kilometers so in that price range for a late model sedan take a look at the malibu or better yet the impala.  I know the impala is a bit of an old man car but it gets damn good reliability ratings and its a solid car built in Oshawa (which won the JD power award as best car manufacturing facility last year) and you can pick one up real cheap since there are so many ex-fleet ones available.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 12:38:12 PM »
Can you really blame him? companies like Lexus, Infinity and Acura are making better cars then even the Germans are these days (Mercedes, Audi, BMW)

that's kind of a funny slap in the face of ford though, heh...the boss driving a Lexus...ouch

Yeah, what was he suppose to drive at the time, a Lincoln? Those are old man mobiles. Licoln hasn't made a good car since the Mark VIII and the LS, and they discontinued those. The Lincoln Town Car and Crown Vic ride on the Panther chassis, which is well over 32 yrs old. Shows you just how much Ford really cares about it's "luxury division", whereas GM is making Caddy a priority. Chrysler had a promising proposal with the Firepower, a V8 car that had the Viper's chassis, it kinda had a "American Aston Martin" look to it. They could have piggyback on the success of the 300C, but financial woes got to them, Mercedes basically bitch-raped them.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2009, 12:49:52 PM »
Yeah, what was he suppose to drive at the time, a Lincoln? Those are old man mobiles. Licoln hasn't made a good car since the Mark VIII and the LS, and they discontinued those. The Lincoln Town Car and Crown Vic ride on the Panther chassis, which is well over 32 yrs old. Shows you just how much Ford really cares about it's "luxury division", whereas GM is making Caddy a priority. Chrysler had a promising proposal with the Firepower, a V8 car that had the Viper's chassis, it kinda had a "American Aston Martin" look to it. They could have piggyback on the success of the 300C, but financial woes got to them, Mercedes basically bitch-raped them.

I don't know where you have been the new Lincolns while no caddies are nice vehicles...i would have no problem driving the MKS

or MKT

and of course the is the MKX and Navi which aren't bad

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2009, 12:54:03 PM »
 this is me in my car it gets me around.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2009, 12:56:43 PM »
but seriousely if i had the bucks, i'd buy this. it's like vince says the german's make good stuff.
F

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2009, 01:11:43 PM »
I don't know where you have been the new Lincolns while no caddies are nice vehicles...i would have no problem driving the MKS

or MKT

and of course the is the MKX and Navi which aren't bad

Fors is using Mazda chassis platforms for it's resurgence. Specifically, the Mazda 6. They in essence are becoming a American Audi--FWD and AWD platforms. They need a true RWD chassis to go head to head with Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, and Caddy. Lincoln is coming up, but they are not really trying to be serious, they had a serious Concept Car a few yrs back that showed what today's Lincolns grille would look like. But that concept if produce would have brought a younger market into the showrooms. Most of Lincolns customers are ones that are about to retire, have retired, or about to be put in nursing homes.
My mother for example had a 87 Lincoln town car since 1987--she just got a 09 E class, with AMG sport package. And she is used to the boat ride that Lincoln had.

And that is why Lincoln needs to capture the younger market, to get rid of that stigma. Maybe the crossover vehicles might to it.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 01:19:56 PM »
I really like the Buick LaCrosse
No Worries 4 me

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009, 01:24:20 PM »
Fors is using Mazda chassis platforms for it's resurgence. Specifically, the Mazda 6. They in essence are becoming a American Audi--FWD and AWD platforms. They need a true RWD chassis to go head to head with Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, and Caddy. Lincoln is coming up, but they are not really trying to be serious, they had a serious Concept Car a few yrs back that showed what today's Lincolns grille would look like. But that concept if produce would have brought a younger market into the showrooms. Most of Lincolns customers are ones that are about to retire, have retired, or about to be put in nursing homes.
My mother for example had a 87 Lincoln town car since 1987--she just got a 09 E class, with AMG sport package. And she is used to the boat ride that Lincoln had.

And that is why Lincoln needs to capture the younger market, to get rid of that stigma. Maybe the crossover vehicles might to it.

No, actually while ford may use the mazda platform for the fusion and MKZ their "resurgance" is based on the D3 platform for the Taurus and MKS which is Volvo technology.  Having said that, Swedish technology is alot better suited to North America as rear whell drive is terrible in the northern states and Canada for winter driving.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2009, 01:33:41 PM »
I really like the Buick LaCrosse

Its a pretty sweet car, definitly not your buick of years gone by.  Wait until the new regal comes out...especially if they bring in the GS version.  The regal will basically be a re-branded Opel insignia which won 2009 european car of the year

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2009, 01:39:52 PM »
No, actually while ford may use the mazda platform for the fusion and MKZ their "resurgance" is based on the D3 platform for the Taurus and MKS which is Volvo technology.  Having said that, Swedish technology is alot better suited to North America as rear whell drive is terrible in the northern states and Canada for winter driving.
The Volvo platform is based off of the Mazda 6 platform as well. Volvo also shares the Mazda 3 platform as well. Pretty much all of Ford North American sedans that have done well, since the last gen Mazda 6 have been based off the Mazda 6 chassis. Lord knows they need to import the Ford Mondeo

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2009, 01:44:12 PM »
If you know how to work on cars = yes