Author Topic: Bodybuilding Hall of Shame Vol. 1 "The Supplement Years"  (Read 47329 times)

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Bodybuilding Hall of Shame Vol. 1 "The Supplement Years"
« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2009, 11:46:32 AM »
hmmm I was under the assumption those actually worked.  I never took them but my friend did and he liked them.  Those are the andro "poppers" right? 

Yes I took andro poppers and they didn't do shit!

i also took the biotest shit lol I do not believe all their supplements are bad though!

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2009, 12:09:25 PM »
End of motherfucking thread

This thread makes me wonder how much money that i have spent on shitty supps. "The Beast"...hahaha
D

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2009, 12:17:05 PM »
sergio oliva lived on hot dogs and coca cola...

high volume/ pretty heavy training, calories, sleep and lots of milligrams are what count.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2009, 12:40:45 PM »
sergio oliva lived on hot dogs and coca cola...

high volume/ pretty heavy training, calories, sleep and lots of D-Bol are what count.
D

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2009, 12:59:51 PM »
What a lot of people are not realizing here is that the consumers really drive the sale and production of a lot of these products. As is the case with any other consumer-based industry.  What the  masses buy and respond to, the more of it gets put out there.

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2009, 01:55:43 PM »
What a lot of people are not realizing here is that the consumers really drive the sale and production of a lot of these products. As is the case with any other consumer-based industry.  What the  masses buy and respond to, the more of it gets put out there.

i think most people understand this. if someone didnt buy the junk they wouldnt be able to put so much money into their scam marketing etc

that people are dumb enough to buy  the stuff doesnt meen that supplement companies should have carte blanche to continue with their scamming. the supplement market needs much more regulation to weed out all the bs.

but i think that people will never stop looking for the magic supplement, or the magic routine. they look for magic instead of learning the boring basics. hard work and continuity is much more boring than some magic supplement that claims it will put 20lbs on you in 6 weeks. (which is only possible via hormonization)

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: December 21, 2009, 02:31:46 PM »
Did anyone try Twinlabs ZMA guaranteed to increase testosterone production by 400%. Or my favorite Mythoxy Pro gain 20 lbs of muscle in a month or your money back....

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #107 on: December 21, 2009, 03:50:26 PM »
Did anyone try Twinlabs ZMA guaranteed to increase testosterone production by 400%. Or my favorite Mythoxy Pro gain 20 lbs of muscle in a month or your money back....

Lol... I like ZMA, It puts me into deep sleeps, and gives me weird/vivid dreams.

I am in no way saying it is worth the $30+ for a bottle however.  >:(

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #108 on: December 21, 2009, 09:11:35 PM »
There are still multi-page ads for legalsteroids.com. Really, who the fuck buys this shit?

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: December 21, 2009, 09:18:45 PM »
There are still multi-page ads for legalsteroids.com. Really, who the fuck buys this shit?

I have also wondered about that also? WHO??
D

hugestatus

• Getbig II
« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2009, 09:47:43 PM »
yea, Ive been wondering for years if that stuff is legit. And the little before after photo on therir ads is Mark Alvisi

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2009, 05:47:46 AM »
yea, Ive been wondering for years if that stuff is legit.

Well now you can stop wondering.  ;)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #112 on: December 22, 2009, 06:19:34 AM »
I have also wondered about that also? WHO??
that stuff looks scary with the labels and drug names,what could that stuff possibly due other than placebo,u probably would make better gains on bunk gear than this stuff.

younggunz

• Getbig II
« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2009, 12:25:43 AM »

That would suck to be caught w/ that crap, ppl think your using, and u didnt get anything but a huge RIP OFF!  lol

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #114 on: December 28, 2009, 10:18:33 AM »
All of us at one time or another, (if we have the courage to admit it,) have wasted valuable dollars on worthless supplements. The supplements available today, are of course, light-years ahead of the supplements of yesteryear.

Indeed... Todays generation has it quite easy, not having to choke down protein powders that taste like a mix between gasoline, and baking soda, or swallow pills big enough to suffocate a Mule.

As I take a trip down memory lane, I will recall some of the more embarrassing items that were prevalent in the time that I started BBing.

The first entry into the Hall of Shame: "Joe Weider's MEGA MASS 4000!"

Yes... I remember the likes of Lou Ferrigno, Dennis Neuman, Achim Albrecht, and others pimping this crap... I saved up all the money that I made one year mowing lawns, to buy a box, (which I think was around $50.00 or so), only to wonder how I was going to keep choking it down, day after day... I think that the only thing it gave me was Mega amounts of intestinal damage!

More to Come! Feel free to add to this Hall of Supplement shame!

Actually, I'd take this out of the Hall of Shame. I used this and its predecessor, Mega Mass 2000, when I was in college. It helped me most in 1996, allowing me to bulk up from 189 lbs. to 210 lbs. by the end of the semester.

The way I used it, one serving was 10 oz. of powder with water, which came out to approx. 1100 calories: 210 grams of carbs, 55 grams of protein, and 3 grams of fat.

Three of those gave me 3300 calories with 165 grams of protein. I took one between classes in the morning, a second in between my afternoon classes, and the third about 30-45 minutes after training (depending on how long I felt like swimming or using the hot tub).

Mega Mass was hard on the stomach (way too much lactose). But, it was worth it, as far as I was concerned. I didn't care as much for the Giant Mega Mass 4000, because the protein content varied, based on the flavor. Actually, Giant Mega Mass has LESS protein, gram for gram, than (Super) Mega Mass did.

I still have the Muscle & Fitness Bodybuilding preview tape that came with a bag of regular Mega Mass 2000 that I bought. I lost, however, the one with Troy Zuccolotto, Flex Wheeler, Francis Benfatto, and Nasser El Sonbaty (Super Mega Mass 2000).

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #115 on: December 28, 2009, 10:46:17 AM »

He also had a meltdown a few years back... Which can be read about here:

http://www.imagedonkey.com/out.php?i=19059_hotsuff.jpg

Got the other half?
and keep moving!

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2009, 11:02:20 AM »
hey pals, supplements dont work
I dont like twinks.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2009, 11:04:48 AM »
I saved up all the money that I made one year mowing lawns, to buy a box, (which I think was around $50.00 or so),

What did you charge per lawn, 50 cents?
Y

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2009, 11:47:45 AM »
i think most people understand this. if someone didnt buy the junk they wouldnt be able to put so much money into their scam marketing etc

that people are dumb enough to buy  the stuff doesnt meen that supplement companies should have carte blanche to continue with their scamming. the supplement market needs much more regulation to weed out all the bs.

but i think that people will never stop looking for the magic supplement, or the magic routine. they look for magic instead of learning the boring basics. hard work and continuity is much more boring than some magic supplement that claims it will put 20lbs on you in 6 weeks. (which is only possible via hormonization)

Not necessarily. The only "magic" supplement that I've used that could possibly do that is creatine. And, more than likely, it would have to be with someone who have never before used it in his life and LOADS with it for the first time.

The first time I loaded with creatine (Phosphagen HP) in 1996, I put on 7 lbs. in a week and 12 lbs. in 21/2weeks. Suffice it to say, I have NEVER replicated those results since then.

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: December 28, 2009, 11:50:57 AM »
still nothing wrong with good ole whey protein and a preworkout drink like NO-xplode

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2009, 12:00:51 PM »
awesome thread!

the original Cell-Tech was a shit tonne of over priced sugar and some creatine monohydrate

how 5 lbs of sugar managed to taste so aweful still confounds me  :(

Creatine products were expensive PERIOD in the mid-90s. At first, a 300-gram bottle of plain creatine powder ran you AT LEAST $50.

When products like Phosphagen HP and Cell-Tech hit the market, the price of regular creatine DROPPED drastically.

As for Cell-Tech's palatability, the only one I've found that tastes terrible is the Orange flavor. The rest are pretty good. But, my guess is that the ALA is responsible for the assault on your taste buds.

Creatine works better with simple carbs, not to mention that plain creatine (or creatine, taken with just water) is absolutely VILE!! That's why folks used to take creatine with grape juice, back in the day.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: December 28, 2009, 12:06:48 PM »
I loved these cans, they were tasty as fuck but pricey

Mass Tech haha i was "hooked" on it!

And  cLASSIC! russian bear 5000!!!!!! :-X :-X :-\ :-\ :-\

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #122 on: December 28, 2009, 12:10:31 PM »

After eating Sylvester Stallone's pudding, I had a strange desire to get a corny tattoo, wear Ed Hardy clothes, and have sex with 16 year old girls. Quite strange really

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2009, 12:16:29 PM »

I actually got some of that pudding on clearance at GNC for $0.49 per can. The banana-flavored ones were quite delicious.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: December 28, 2009, 12:26:05 PM »
I actually got some of that pudding on clearance at GNC for $0.49 per can. The banana-flavored ones were quite delicious.

Its was pretty tasty to be honest. I only tried vanilla.