Author Topic: Bob Cicherillo question...  (Read 28277 times)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Bob Cicherillo question...
« on: December 28, 2009, 02:17:26 AM »
I remember over the years, you saying that some exercises were pointless 'ego' exercises, ie. bench press, I think you mentioned squats or deadlifts as well.. I agree with your assessment with a lot of these, could you possibly post the complete list. I remember on your bodybuilding.com Masters series you mentioned some of these exercises...

thanks.

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: Bob Cicherillo question...
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 02:18:56 AM »
bollox... how can Bench press be a pointless excersise - it all depends how you do it - it all has its place - it just depends how you do it.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 02:20:35 AM »
bollox... how can Bench press be a pointless excersise - it all depends how you do it - it all has its place - it just depends how you do it.

I'm not even arguing that point..I was just curious which ones Bob considered to be not worth doing , either do to risk of injury or not really doing much for the muscle trained..

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 02:31:45 AM »
I'm not even arguing that point..I was just curious which ones Bob considered to be not worth doing , either do to risk of injury or not really doing much for the muscle trained..

what you guys forget is that these guys are proffesionals, they HAVE to train differnet then we do, they cannot afford a month of due to injury.
So whats the point of him saying (for excample) I consider Benching to be too risky to the shoulders or joints - for you personaly that makes no difference what so ever.

What I want to say is - we (the normal joes who just simply lift because its fun or because we want to change the way our body looks) and unless you have any ambitions to go pro - shouldnt forget that all this is supposted to be fun - and benching is or better should be a lot of fun.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 03:36:46 AM »
Indeed, there is no need to do the bench press, squat and full deadlift. Look at the results if you don't: Spend an eternity in the novice ranks and then have a 'career' as a Z-list bodybuilder. Bob clearly knows all about which exercises are the best.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 03:42:24 AM »
Bob has been known to do multiple sets of hammer curls when visiting the mirage hotel. 

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 03:50:29 AM »
I think you mean this article  8) (sorry for my bad Chick imitation)
(source: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KFY/is_5_21/ai_103376701/)

Butchering sacred cows: some basic exercises are basically wrong. Here's why, and what alternatives you should use for better results

You don't have to do anything. Ther goons in the gym say you have to train balls-to-the-wall heavy on quats, bench presses and other "compound classics" if you want to be a hardcore bodybuilder. That's a load of B.s. You don't have to do anything except what works best for you, and the surprising truth is may free-weight basics are not the safest or most efficient lifts for buildng muscle mass.

Because I've been training for 25 years, people assume I work out old-school style with mostly barbells and compound lifts. It's true that I trained that way for many years. However, I've also learned a few things over the past quarter century, and I've readily adapted to the advantages of modern bodybuilding. Most important, I've figured out what works, what doesn't and what can be improved. If you think weight training has sacred cows that are exempt from criticism, stop reading now, because some of them are about to become hamburger.

SQUATS

Let's start at the top, with the so-called "King of All Exercises." For advanced bodybuilders, this is more like the "King of All Back Breakers and Butt Builders." Like most trainers, I did squats for years, and I'm of two minds regarding their effectiveness. It's a good fundamental exercise for some, if kept in check. The problem is that too few people keep them in check, and many people just aren't built for them.

Along with the bench press and the deadlift, the squat is one lift in which guys really pile on the plates for low reps. The bottom line is if you're always going heavy, eventually there will be a straw that breaks the camel's or, in this case, the bodybuilder's back. It happened to me. Heavy squatting was the primary reason I had lower back surgery in 1998.

Consider what you're doing when squatting. You have a heavy weight on your traps, sometimes more than 500 pounds, pressing down on your spine. Then you bend down, putting your lumbar region in a vulnerable position, not to mention the strain on your knees and even your shoulders, from holding the bar. All of this is compounded if you're my height or taller. If you're Lee Priest or Dexter Jackson, you can do squats all day with good form and little discomfort, but if you're over 5'10", it's tough to do them without bending forward too far.

Gym rats blindly worship at the squat racks because that's how it's always been. The funny thing is I know guys who've been training more than 10 years who still squat because they say they need the legs. They haven't figured out that if it hasn't worked by now, it ain't gonna work. The longer you've been training, the less you should squat. In addition to the injury factor, once you have a foundation of mass, the squat can harm your appearance. It expands your hip flexors, glutes and upper thighs, which aren't typically areas in which experienced trainers need more size. Over time, I think squats outlive their usefulness.

Instead of traditional squats, I do h0ack squats and leg presses. They're better than squats for muscling up the quads and targeting different areas, and they're safer, too. I believe in full ranges of motion, all the way down and all the way up for these movements, and for leg presses, I take a relatively wide stance. The taller you are, the wider your stance should be.

PRESSES BEHIND THE NECK

Unlike squats, I have absolutely nothing positive to say about presses behind the neck. No one should ever do them. They combine my two least-favorite factors: a straight bar and a behind-the-neck motion. Anything behind the neck is the worst: presses, chins and pulldowns. It's an unnatural and unsafe position. You may be able to get away with these as a beginner. Kids tell me "I do presses behind the neck, and my shoulders don't bother me," and I always say "Talk to me in five years if you're still doing them."

Instead of these, I recommend military (front) presses or dumbbell presses, both of which work front delts much more safely. I never lower the weight below chin level. You'll notice this is about as far as you can go without your shoulders dropping. All that's happening between your chin and your chest is an upper-pec movement and a whole lot of potential damage. I usually perform military presses on a Smith machine, which lets me roll my palms back and find a more natural position. Dumbbells allow for greater freedom of motion, and I typically do partial Arnold presses, starting with my palms facing each other and twisting my wrists on the way up so my palms face forward.

BARBELL ROWS

I can't think of a good reason to do bent barbell rows.

Again, you're using a straight bar, which forces your hands and, consequently, your arms into a somewhat, unnatural position, and again your lower back is vulnerable. T-bar rows are better because you stand more upright, putting less strain on your lumbar region, and you can usually take an angled or parallel grip. One-arm rows are also good, as long as you don't go too heavy. The best thing for those of us who've had back problems is a rowing machine with a chest pad. That will take virtually all the lower-back action out of the movement.

DEADLIFIS

I won't condemn deads and say you should never do them, but too many people end up gaining little muscle for all the straining they do and the injury risks they take. Supposed bodybuilders load up a bar just to see how much they can lift. That's not bodybuilding and, as with squats, many guys just aren't built for deadlifts (the ideal shape is short with relatively long arms), so this becomes a strength exercise that hits the glutes and legs as much as the back.

Instead of traditional deadlifts, I prefer top deadlifts. You can do these on a Smith machine or a power rack. Set the safety catch or support bar so the bar can't go below knee-level. That way you focus mostly on your back instead of legs, hips and glutes, and you reduce the risk of injury.

BENCH PRESSES

For some odd reason, people take it personally if I say the bench press sucks. They consider it blasphemy. "You've got to bench to be hardcore," they say. I hate to break it to them, but most pro bodybuilders haven't done free-weight bench presses in years. Are you going to tell Tom Prince or Jay Cutler they're not hardcore because they don't bench?

The problem is that unless you keep your shoulders down and back and maintain the precise groove for every rep, free-weight bench presses place too much pressure on shoulders. Again, the taller you are, the more this is amplified. There's also the possibility that you'll suffer a pec tear by doing bench presses. Think of how often you hear about guys popping pecs while benching and how rarely pecs are torn doing anything else. I need two hands to count the number of top bodybuilders whose careers have been shortened by bench-press injuries.

People bench primarily to answer the question, "What do you bench?" That's not enough of a reason for me. I'd much rather do what's best for building pec mass, and there are at least 10 exercises superior to free-weight benches, starting with incline presses, machine bench presses and dumbbell flyes. As with shoulder presses, I avoid the lowest position in any chest press.

BARBELL CURLS

Here's another exercise I never do, and it's all because of that devil's tool -- the straight bar. Straight bars put too much pressure on inner elbows. If you have elbow pain, chances are it's from a straight bar. Using a straight bar to perform curls forces you into an unnatural position. If you stand talking to someone, your knuckles or palms aren't facing forward unless you're planning to clock him or beg for money. The natural position for hands at your sides is with your palms facing each other, and the natural position for a curl is for the thumbs to come up higher than the pinkies, which a cambered bar approximates.

Instead of barbell curls, I do cambered-bar curls in most biceps workouts. There are many other curling lifts that I like, and I'm a big advocate of workout variety, but I'll single out dumbbell preacher curls as an excellent exercise. Dumbbell preachers both restrict your movement (by bracing your arms against a bench) and provide for more freedom, as you can rotate your wrists.

LYING TRICEPS EXTENSIONS

Here's a lift you should avoid just based on its nickname: skull crushers. That's taking "no pain, no gain" way too far. Again, lying triceps extensions are typically done with the dreaded straight bar. Worst of all, each rep starts and stops with your head as the base. That's not good, at least not for those of us who like our heads. If you want to do a two-hand free-weight extension, do French presses (while seated, lower the bar behind your head), which at least won't bounce off your forehead, and always use a cambered bar. While we're on the subject of triceps, don't use a straight bar for pushdowns, either; use an angled bar or rope instead. Have I gotten across the message to avoid straight bars?

MODERN ADVANTAGES The common link among all the classic movements I dislike is that they were invented a hundred years ago before anyone had much knowledge of training, and they were just making it up as they went along. You don't see anyone doing one-arm kettledrum presses anymore. Other ancient exercises should be obsolete as well. I suppose we could still crank-start our cars, but I prefer to just slip my key in the ignition and turn it on. Trainers need to take advantage of the many modern tools they have at their disposal and not be too concerned about what others think is "hardcore."

You can be hardcore with Nautilus, Hammer Strength, Strive or whatever the latest computer designed contraption is. Why not incorporate as many tools as you can? Too many guys get this ridiculous "hardcore" mentality, which ends up limiting their muscle gains. There is no rule that the more noise you make or the faster you drop the weight the quicker you'll grow, and there's no rule that you have to do certain exercises just because they've been around since the Sig Klein era It's a new millennium. Training hardcore today doesn't mean limiting ourselves to the same movements our great-grandfathers performed. It means having the stones to say there are no sacred cows in bodybuilding, and it means doing only what works best for you to build maximum muscle.

CHICK'S HIT LIST

These are the exercises Bob Cicherillo doesn't like and the alternatives
he recommends.

BODYPART    AVOID                     ALTERNATIVES

Quadriceps  Squats                    Hack squats, leg presses
Upper back  Barbell rows              Machine rows, T-bar rows
            Rear pulldowns            Front pulldowns with a parallel
                                       grip
Chest       Bench presses             Incline presses, machine presses
Lower back  Deadlifts                 Top deadlifts
            Good mornings             Hyperextensions
Shoulders   Presses behind the neck   Smith machine military presses,
                                       dumbbell presses
Triceps     Lying triceps extensions  Cambered-bar French presses
Biceps      Barbell curls             Cambered-bar curls, dumbbell
                                       preacher curls
Abdominals  Situps                    Machine crunches

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 08:04:00 AM »
I think you mean this article  8) (sorry for my bad Chick imitation)
(source: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KFY/is_5_21/ai_103376701/)

Butchering sacred cows: some basic exercises are basically wrong. Here's why, and what alternatives you should use for better results

You don't have to do anything. Ther goons in the gym say you have to train balls-to-the-wall heavy on quats, bench presses and other "compound classics" if you want to be a hardcore bodybuilder. That's a load of B.s. You don't have to do anything except what works best for you, and the surprising truth is may free-weight basics are not the safest or most efficient lifts for buildng muscle mass.

Because I've been training for 25 years, people assume I work out old-school style with mostly barbells and compound lifts. It's true that I trained that way for many years. However, I've also learned a few things over the past quarter century, and I've readily adapted to the advantages of modern bodybuilding. Most important, I've figured out what works, what doesn't and what can be improved. If you think weight training has sacred cows that are exempt from criticism, stop reading now, because some of them are about to become hamburger.

SQUATS

Let's start at the top, with the so-called "King of All Exercises." For advanced bodybuilders, this is more like the "King of All Back Breakers and Butt Builders." Like most trainers, I did squats for years, and I'm of two minds regarding their effectiveness. It's a good fundamental exercise for some, if kept in check. The problem is that too few people keep them in check, and many people just aren't built for them.

Along with the bench press and the deadlift, the squat is one lift in which guys really pile on the plates for low reps. The bottom line is if you're always going heavy, eventually there will be a straw that breaks the camel's or, in this case, the bodybuilder's back. It happened to me. Heavy squatting was the primary reason I had lower back surgery in 1998.

Consider what you're doing when squatting. You have a heavy weight on your traps, sometimes more than 500 pounds, pressing down on your spine. Then you bend down, putting your lumbar region in a vulnerable position, not to mention the strain on your knees and even your shoulders, from holding the bar. All of this is compounded if you're my height or taller. If you're Lee Priest or Dexter Jackson, you can do squats all day with good form and little discomfort, but if you're over 5'10", it's tough to do them without bending forward too far.

Gym rats blindly worship at the squat racks because that's how it's always been. The funny thing is I know guys who've been training more than 10 years who still squat because they say they need the legs. They haven't figured out that if it hasn't worked by now, it ain't gonna work. The longer you've been training, the less you should squat. In addition to the injury factor, once you have a foundation of mass, the squat can harm your appearance. It expands your hip flexors, glutes and upper thighs, which aren't typically areas in which experienced trainers need more size. Over time, I think squats outlive their usefulness.

Instead of traditional squats, I do h0ack squats and leg presses. They're better than squats for muscling up the quads and targeting different areas, and they're safer, too. I believe in full ranges of motion, all the way down and all the way up for these movements, and for leg presses, I take a relatively wide stance. The taller you are, the wider your stance should be.

PRESSES BEHIND THE NECK

Unlike squats, I have absolutely nothing positive to say about presses behind the neck. No one should ever do them. They combine my two least-favorite factors: a straight bar and a behind-the-neck motion. Anything behind the neck is the worst: presses, chins and pulldowns. It's an unnatural and unsafe position. You may be able to get away with these as a beginner. Kids tell me "I do presses behind the neck, and my shoulders don't bother me," and I always say "Talk to me in five years if you're still doing them."

Instead of these, I recommend military (front) presses or dumbbell presses, both of which work front delts much more safely. I never lower the weight below chin level. You'll notice this is about as far as you can go without your shoulders dropping. All that's happening between your chin and your chest is an upper-pec movement and a whole lot of potential damage. I usually perform military presses on a Smith machine, which lets me roll my palms back and find a more natural position. Dumbbells allow for greater freedom of motion, and I typically do partial Arnold presses, starting with my palms facing each other and twisting my wrists on the way up so my palms face forward.

BARBELL ROWS

I can't think of a good reason to do bent barbell rows.

Again, you're using a straight bar, which forces your hands and, consequently, your arms into a somewhat, unnatural position, and again your lower back is vulnerable. T-bar rows are better because you stand more upright, putting less strain on your lumbar region, and you can usually take an angled or parallel grip. One-arm rows are also good, as long as you don't go too heavy. The best thing for those of us who've had back problems is a rowing machine with a chest pad. That will take virtually all the lower-back action out of the movement.

DEADLIFIS

I won't condemn deads and say you should never do them, but too many people end up gaining little muscle for all the straining they do and the injury risks they take. Supposed bodybuilders load up a bar just to see how much they can lift. That's not bodybuilding and, as with squats, many guys just aren't built for deadlifts (the ideal shape is short with relatively long arms), so this becomes a strength exercise that hits the glutes and legs as much as the back.

Instead of traditional deadlifts, I prefer top deadlifts. You can do these on a Smith machine or a power rack. Set the safety catch or support bar so the bar can't go below knee-level. That way you focus mostly on your back instead of legs, hips and glutes, and you reduce the risk of injury.

BENCH PRESSES

For some odd reason, people take it personally if I say the bench press sucks. They consider it blasphemy. "You've got to bench to be hardcore," they say. I hate to break it to them, but most pro bodybuilders haven't done free-weight bench presses in years. Are you going to tell Tom Prince or Jay Cutler they're not hardcore because they don't bench?

The problem is that unless you keep your shoulders down and back and maintain the precise groove for every rep, free-weight bench presses place too much pressure on shoulders. Again, the taller you are, the more this is amplified. There's also the possibility that you'll suffer a pec tear by doing bench presses. Think of how often you hear about guys popping pecs while benching and how rarely pecs are torn doing anything else. I need two hands to count the number of top bodybuilders whose careers have been shortened by bench-press injuries.

People bench primarily to answer the question, "What do you bench?" That's not enough of a reason for me. I'd much rather do what's best for building pec mass, and there are at least 10 exercises superior to free-weight benches, starting with incline presses, machine bench presses and dumbbell flyes. As with shoulder presses, I avoid the lowest position in any chest press.

BARBELL CURLS

Here's another exercise I never do, and it's all because of that devil's tool -- the straight bar. Straight bars put too much pressure on inner elbows. If you have elbow pain, chances are it's from a straight bar. Using a straight bar to perform curls forces you into an unnatural position. If you stand talking to someone, your knuckles or palms aren't facing forward unless you're planning to clock him or beg for money. The natural position for hands at your sides is with your palms facing each other, and the natural position for a curl is for the thumbs to come up higher than the pinkies, which a cambered bar approximates.

Instead of barbell curls, I do cambered-bar curls in most biceps workouts. There are many other curling lifts that I like, and I'm a big advocate of workout variety, but I'll single out dumbbell preacher curls as an excellent exercise. Dumbbell preachers both restrict your movement (by bracing your arms against a bench) and provide for more freedom, as you can rotate your wrists.

LYING TRICEPS EXTENSIONS

Here's a lift you should avoid just based on its nickname: skull crushers. That's taking "no pain, no gain" way too far. Again, lying triceps extensions are typically done with the dreaded straight bar. Worst of all, each rep starts and stops with your head as the base. That's not good, at least not for those of us who like our heads. If you want to do a two-hand free-weight extension, do French presses (while seated, lower the bar behind your head), which at least won't bounce off your forehead, and always use a cambered bar. While we're on the subject of triceps, don't use a straight bar for pushdowns, either; use an angled bar or rope instead. Have I gotten across the message to avoid straight bars?

MODERN ADVANTAGES The common link among all the classic movements I dislike is that they were invented a hundred years ago before anyone had much knowledge of training, and they were just making it up as they went along. You don't see anyone doing one-arm kettledrum presses anymore. Other ancient exercises should be obsolete as well. I suppose we could still crank-start our cars, but I prefer to just slip my key in the ignition and turn it on. Trainers need to take advantage of the many modern tools they have at their disposal and not be too concerned about what others think is "hardcore."

You can be hardcore with Nautilus, Hammer Strength, Strive or whatever the latest computer designed contraption is. Why not incorporate as many tools as you can? Too many guys get this ridiculous "hardcore" mentality, which ends up limiting their muscle gains. There is no rule that the more noise you make or the faster you drop the weight the quicker you'll grow, and there's no rule that you have to do certain exercises just because they've been around since the Sig Klein era It's a new millennium. Training hardcore today doesn't mean limiting ourselves to the same movements our great-grandfathers performed. It means having the stones to say there are no sacred cows in bodybuilding, and it means doing only what works best for you to build maximum muscle.

CHICK'S HIT LIST

These are the exercises Bob Cicherillo doesn't like and the alternatives
he recommends.

BODYPART    AVOID                     ALTERNATIVES

Quadriceps  Squats                    Hack squats, leg presses
Upper back  Barbell rows              Machine rows, T-bar rows
            Rear pulldowns            Front pulldowns with a parallel
                                       grip
Chest       Bench presses             Incline presses, machine presses
Lower back  Deadlifts                 Top deadlifts
            Good mornings             Hyperextensions
Shoulders   Presses behind the neck   Smith machine military presses,
                                       dumbbell presses
Triceps     Lying triceps extensions  Cambered-bar French presses
Biceps      Barbell curls             Cambered-bar curls, dumbbell
                                       preacher curls
Abdominals  Situps                    Machine crunches

I remember this article... It is/was a good one.
A

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 08:08:16 AM »
I read that article years ago in Musclemag
I thought at the time even it was bullshit

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 08:11:43 AM »
This is false, word round the campfire is that Bob has been seen supersetting schmoe squats, deadlifts and Benchpress at the Mirage circa 1993.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 08:12:08 AM »
I remember over the years, you saying that some exercises were pointless 'ego' exercises, ie. bench press, I think you mentioned squats or deadlifts as well.. I agree with your assessment with a lot of these, could you possibly post the complete list. I remember on your bodybuilding.com Masters series you mentioned some of these exercises...

thanks.

Yep..god forbid you don't do 'Bench Presses"...What would be  your answer when you inevitably get asked for the 100th time, "Hey bro, how much you bench?"  Seriously though, there's a guy in my gym...has totally destroyed his shoulders from benching..but he still stupidly starts off every chest workout with benches. The guy's in agony after every set, can't raise his arm above his head, yet still does singles on the bench and has some spotter helping him with the first reps on every set. I told the guy that maybe he should layoff benching for a while. Guy goes, "I can't...I'll never stop..gonna get surgery on my rotators one day.." Idiot.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 08:18:33 AM »
Bob is lazy. That's why he prefers machines.

Machines has their place but you need heavy free weights also.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2009, 08:22:59 AM »
when you're all drugs, it doesn't matter what exercises you do so long as you don't get injured.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 08:23:12 AM »
The bench press is one of the most overrated exercises in the gym. It screws your front delts and there are much saver and more effective exercises like dumbell presses and wide dips.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 08:27:23 AM »
Bob is lazy. That's why he prefers machines.

Machines has their place but you need heavy free weights also.

It's not only machines but also dumbell instead of barbell exercises. You can train hard on machines too. For example look at Dorian Yates, he trained a lot on Hammerstrength equipment.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 08:59:10 AM »
Nice generalizations, Robert.

How is machine bench any safer compared to freeweight bench?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 09:14:50 AM »

Try to bench to absolute failure and you discover the difference soon. A good chest press machine, like a Hammer, let you perform the movements in a less stressful direction for your delts and wrists than a fixed barbell grip.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 09:29:30 AM »
Like Chic, he knows not of which he talks.  all of the exercises he mentions have a place in any training program.  the key is to maintain proper form and not let ego over ride common sense with regard to amount lifted.

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 10:01:13 AM »
Bob's physique lacks the depth and thickness of a true  Olympia caliber bodybuilder.  You take guys like Sergio, Arnold, Franco, etc. they all did their share of heavy powerlifts and that's what makes those guys so damn impressive.  Bob has no density and looks like a twit.
(

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 10:30:52 AM »
thanks for the great tips bob
we always learn fascinating things when u open your mouth
w

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2009, 10:39:49 AM »
rofl

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009, 11:34:35 AM »

hahahaha classic

Bob treated the gym like a social club while guys like Ronnie, Shawn, Kevin, Nasser, Dorian, gh15 treated it like a time to bust their asses and work hard. The proof is in the physiques. Tom Prince even said Bob would never go to failure.

No, you don't need to do all the exercises on the list... but for the most part stick with the basics.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2009, 12:03:38 PM »

lol ;D

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2009, 12:10:36 PM »

lmao!
b

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2009, 02:12:45 PM »

Find me someone who has torn their pec using a Hammer, etc....