Author Topic: Bob Cicherillo question...  (Read 28106 times)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Re: Bob Cicherillo question...
« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2009, 12:14:05 AM »
I was always warned by the old timers and vet's when I started out about doing behind the neck presses, they all told me if would f*ck up my shoulders badly..  that seems to be another one of those old school exercises that you still see some jackasses doing (incorrectly) their first week of working out, I gave up on that exercise once I started hearing click and pops in my shoulders from doing them :S

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2009, 03:04:47 AM »
I was always warned by the old timers and vet's when I started out about doing behind the neck presses, they all told me if would f*ck up my shoulders badly..  that seems to be another one of those old school exercises that you still see some jackasses doing (incorrectly) their first week of working out, I gave up on that exercise once I started hearing click and pops in my shoulders from doing them :S

It's a sad thing that there are a lot of trainers who don't seem to know or care about risky exercises/techniques. On the other hand there are a lot of guys who don't give a fuck when you try to make them aware  :-\

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #127 on: December 31, 2009, 03:07:41 AM »
This whole thread highlights why Chick has never won a major show.  Simple Taking heavy doses of drugs and doing pussy workouts will not make you a top tier pro.  Guys like Chick, Tamali and even Wolf now are in that class.  Afraid of pain and blood and pushing themselves to the ultimate limit to succeed.

And how many pro shows have you done so far, Mr Expert?

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #128 on: December 31, 2009, 06:21:00 AM »
Bench = best single compound excercise for chest.....you're neurological and muscle response with regards to pec/delt/tricep development is unsurpassed

As for Hammer vs Bench.....are yu kidding me?.....its a non-argument.....people tear pecs because they do singles and overload the bar....fucking ego-warriors....what, 6 reps is considered high reps hey?.....lol.....Arnold, Sergio, Nubret.....gods with chests from the heavens.....how do you think they developed them? 

Bttom line -----------> show me someone with the good fortune to have years of benching Vs a hammer strength pirate, and the quality of development will be day and night. 

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: December 31, 2009, 06:52:51 AM »
Bench = best single compound excercise for chest.....you're neurological and muscle response with regards to pec/delt/tricep development is unsurpassed

As for Hammer vs Bench.....are yu kidding me?.....its a non-argument.....people tear pecs because they do singles and overload the bar....fucking ego-warriors....what, 6 reps is considered high reps hey?.....lol.....Arnold, Sergio, Nubret.....gods with chests from the heavens.....how do you think they developed them? 

Bttom line -----------> show me someone with the good fortune to have years of benching Vs a hammer strength pirate, and the quality of development will be day and night. 

yes that is correct-bob dressed like an out dated pirate one time when he was mcing a show
w

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #130 on: December 31, 2009, 07:18:12 AM »
So, if I just jack up my test intake, I can get 20-inch arms by lifting 25-lb dumbbells??

If you have very good genetics- yes.

Hell I have seen semi-fat drug free guys with arms that big that rarely do curls.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #131 on: December 31, 2009, 07:27:27 AM »
Exactly...training to failure (true failure) is just about the dumbest routine I ever tried...and an engraved invitation to injury...often, the failure, is the muscle or tendon pulling off the bone, or some other nagging injury that takes you out of action for months...

BOB,

Are you saying DC training is dumb? Afterall he advocates rest pause sets which is basically taking 2 extra sets to failure after you already reached muscular failure.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #132 on: January 02, 2010, 01:39:06 AM »

Incline, not flat..

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #133 on: January 02, 2010, 04:15:45 AM »
BOB,

Are you saying DC training is dumb? Afterall he advocates rest pause sets which is basically taking 2 extra sets to failure after you already reached muscular failure.

No...it crap ;D

If you're doing multiple sets, then you're not really training to failure, are you? Thats why I said TRUE failure..

As Ive stated many times here...the only right and wrong is what the end result is. ANY training method is fine if the ends justify the means

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #134 on: January 02, 2010, 11:07:03 AM »
I can see that the always pompous and delusionally  self-important True Adonis' cut and paste skills has not diminished with age. I wonder if he's perfected his faux European accent yet.

Bob Chick once again smacking down the haters without so much as a single strand of the greatest head of hair in the business falling out of place.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: January 02, 2010, 11:38:12 AM »
Hell I have seen semi-fat drug free guys with arms that big that rarely do curls.

No you haven't.

SLOWKPLUS

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #136 on: January 03, 2010, 02:31:01 PM »
Harris Tweed, Pringle Cashmere, Bespoke Kassner with Turnbull and Asser tie.

lies lies lies......you forgot the lip stick and kmart turtle neck you broke ass FAG....

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #137 on: January 03, 2010, 07:04:56 PM »
lies lies lies......you forgot the lip stick and kmart turtle neck you broke ass FAG....

are you suggesting adonis has a love for his protein straight from the tap?

if so, i concur.
b

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #138 on: January 03, 2010, 07:29:39 PM »
Regarding bench presses, I make the claim that flat benches develop the upper chest better than inclines. Look at the upper chests of pros who did tons of flat work and compare to those who did mostly inclines. Anyone disagree?  ;D

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #139 on: January 03, 2010, 08:19:30 PM »
Regarding bench presses, I make the claim that flat benches develop the upper chest better than inclines. Look at the upper chests of pros who did tons of flat work and compare to those who did mostly inclines. Anyone disagree?  ;D

i think flat press can grow your chest very well overall but also think its a good idea to cover all your bases and include incline pressing. as bodybuilder do both. some kind of flat press +some kind of incline press.

marty31672

• Getbig IV
« Reply #140 on: January 03, 2010, 08:28:06 PM »
I remember over the years, you saying that some exercises were pointless 'ego' exercises, ie. bench press, I think you mentioned squats or deadlifts as well.. I agree with your assessment with a lot of these, could you possibly post the complete list. I remember on your bodybuilding.com Masters series you mentioned some of these exercises...

thanks.

he admits he did these to build a base
you reach a point where the risk outweighs the reward with those kinds of lifts

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #141 on: January 03, 2010, 08:33:24 PM »
he admits he did these to build a base
you reach a point where the risk outweighs the reward with those kinds of lifts

That reminds me of Titus and his 405 rule

marty31672