Author Topic: Thoughts regarding latest events - Discussion  (Read 32839 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: Thoughts regarding latest events - Discussion
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2010, 06:44:18 PM »
but is there no place to discuss legitimate concerns or gripes against those in power?   thread after thread that don't contain any personal attacks get deleted.

ron is taking a very ex republican(now obamasque) view of things...

if u dont agree with us...you hate Amreeka/bodybuilding :-\
carpe` vaginum!

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2010, 06:45:27 PM »
ron is taking a very ex republican(now obamasque) view of things...

if u dont agree with us...you hate Amreeka/bodybuilding :-\

I agree

heavyNbasic

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2010, 06:51:29 PM »

I dont care about being politically correct.  But many of us live and work in the industry, like going to the expo and shows, and actually care.  I think this year, I just don't feel like dealing or listening to the people who claim everything is corrupt, a scam and blame the world on everything.  Life will go on, enjoy Kamali and his supplements, have fun being satiric, but don't shit in my house.

Typical ELOC (external locus of control) behaviour.  Def. short on self-awarness.  As Getbig is such an open form, it's not hard for other people to be sucked into the vortex of negativity.  With years of trolling under my belt ( :)),  I've noticed that it happens quite a bit on here.  There's a lot of positive contributors to more than balance things out, but sometimes it gets silly.  

It's fine to call a spade a spade, but i've seen it get pretty malicious here.  While we all have the choice to leave if we don't like what's going on, sometimes things gotta be reigned in before the place implodes.  The retardness in here ebbs and flows.  It's too bad that few Pros post here anymore, 'cause they always had intersting insight on things.  All those guys leaving was just one sign that things have gotten out of hand at times.  Unltimately, Ron is the one with his finger on the kill switch, so he can do what he wants.

heavyNbasic

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2010, 06:53:24 PM »
I've seen a significant decrease in posted pussy shots to wack my bag to lately?  FTF IS going on here? Aren't you people bodybuilders For Fucks sake?

Jeebus H Christ, sounds painful.  First person i've heard admit to being into "ball bustin'".  Lots on empflix.com for ya.

heavyNbasic

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2010, 07:00:46 PM »
I'm talking about jerking off to pic like this cheif ::)

No shit Sherlock.  I obviously failed on my funny.

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2010, 07:04:05 PM »
Some of you think that it is ok to come here and bash the very sport that this board is built on.  That is ok to degrade the NPC, the people in it, the IFBB and any other bodybuilding, fitness and figure organization.  That is ok to call people whatever you want, to just make fun of people, and to bully around.

Well, it is not, and lately, I am getting tired of it.  I started Getbig to enjoy the sport, to learn about the people in the sport and the industry. amd to go to a place where  the latest news, happenings and stories are there.   I didn't come here to start deleting threads every day by people who just don't care anymore, that prefer to bash everything in site.

Lets talk about the NPC.  The NPC is a thriving organization, which caters to bodybuilders, fitness, figure and now bikini. I am thrilled with this latest addition - that is bikini. For a photographer, this is great.  Bodybuilding has stagnated, but it is still doing well, especially in the local levels.  Like it or not, the NPC is the organization that I chose to take pictures with, and the IFBB is the pro division.  I enjoy it.

Some of you clearly do not. Some of you just come here to seriously ridicule it and anything about it.  It isnt fun for me anymore when you do that.  I don't mind the banter, the debates, and many other aspects of it, but when you start calling the very places that I go to names just to get a high, it isnt welcome here.

So yes, if you come here to ridicule the very organizations and the people who actually promote it, and put their money down in it, I don't want it here.  If you come here because you enjoy bodybuilding, that it is a different story.

I really don't need you here - remember, I am not here to make 'numbers' or 'make money' of the site.  I do very well in what I do.  I want to come here to enjoy, to banter, to be entertained - not get dismayed or disgusted.  

When some of my very close friends in our industry don't feel like coming here because the ones who don't care about bodybuilding keep bullying around, I am concered.

As clearly indicated by the Time Out Board, you can go somewhere else.  Then maybe I can come here, and just go back to enjoy the entertainment and more instead of the outright crap that some of you spew out just to hurt others.

I agree and I think this site has been going down hill for a while now.

Personally I think the Time Out board is a joke it doesn't do anything when they just start on a gimmick account.
I think the threat and implementation of an IP ban would be better.  That way you can't just bash on a gimmick without losing access.
There are lots of ways to IP ban all legal and very effective. 

Think about it Ron
Just Bad Bad Blood!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2010, 07:07:54 PM »

There are lots of ways to IP ban all legal and very effective. 

1) proxy IPs
2) takes 10 mins to call you ISP and change your IP

plus...if this board turns into hymen (which i see happening) people will just up and leave....

carpe` vaginum!

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2010, 07:09:27 PM »
Ron, if you removed the bullying and abuse from this forum it would be tumbleweed central.

If you don't care about people leaving the forum why did you block the links to Matt C and Alex23's forums?

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2010, 07:12:40 PM »
Ron, if you removed the bullying and abuse from this forum it would be tumbleweed central.

If you don't care about people leaving the forum why did you block the links to Matt C and Alex23's forums?

actually someone PM me the link to matts forum...

thanx

most of the funnier posters from getbigs heyday have already left...this board is gonna turn into what Muscle Media turned into without Dan Duchaine....  ie  dead...at least i hope like bill "buttmunch" phillips ron makes a bito $ in the process
carpe` vaginum!

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2010, 07:22:23 PM »
This is the problem with someone running a board like this that is "IN" the industry.They will always protect their own! Too bad there isn't a GETBIG that is totally unbiased.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2010, 07:24:40 PM »
For every person who was ever exceedingly negative about the NPC, there were twenty who talked about how great it is.

That's why you let the negative comments stand instead of censoring. The good will win out. The censorship makes us all look bad. Lose-lose...

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2010, 07:25:05 PM »
1) proxy IPs
2) takes 10 mins to call you ISP and change your IP

plus...if this board turns into hymen (which i see happening) people will just up and leave....

Seriously how many people would be bothered just to post here?

I think you're taking the extreme attitude here.  Getbig was once the place where all the news, and the truth could be heard without all the gimmick posts just stating crap.  For example remember the 240 feuds.  All that was acceptable then and I am sure Ron will still it as acceptable today.  It wasn't just a negative post for the sake of being negative, there was some thought and validation to the posts from both sides.

This is when Getbig was at it best.  
Now it is more full of trolls who don't even like the sport and just try to bash in a vain attempt try to gain internet "fame".
Just Bad Bad Blood!

buffdnet

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • fuck the pope
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2010, 07:27:35 PM »
calling the very organization we all try to build and in our industry a scam, corrupt, and more - well - I don't need that nor want it here.
your talking about organizations that turn a blind eye to felony drug use
and you figure there's no scamming or corruption involved?
evidently someone involved in how you make your living is bitching about
this place and your bowing to them. yet again.
ban me if you must but i be damned if i'm gonna be one who kneels
and agrees with your bullshit.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2010, 07:29:08 PM »

I think you're taking the extreme attitude here.  Getbig was once the place where all the news, and the truth could be heard without all the gimmick posts just stating crap.  For example remember the 240 feuds.  All that was acceptable then and I am sure Ron will still it as acceptable today.  It wasn't just a negative post for the sake of being negative, there was some thought and validation to the posts from both sides.

i dunno...i kinda got a thing for free speech... :-\
carpe` vaginum!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2010, 07:34:09 PM »
Gayer than browsing the underwear isle at Neiman`s to see all the new packages of packages.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2010, 07:36:37 PM »
Gayer than figgy pudding at a community pot-luck.

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2010, 07:38:35 PM »
Ron it's your board and obviously you can run it how you want but it's bullshit to change the rules halfway through the game because some of the power brokers don't like the truth getting out.
Bodybuilding needs at least one board that isn't controlled by politics and fantasy.

That cuts right to the truth there.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2010, 07:40:48 PM »
This is when Getbig was at it best.  
Now it is more full of trolls who don't even like the sport and just try to bash in a vain attempt try to gain internet "fame".

So Special Ed and Block fit this description?

(as I believe they were the primary cause of Ron's post)

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2010, 07:42:37 PM »
i dunno...i kinda got a thing for free speech... :-\

If you wish to be negative and post it, do so, just be able to back up your statement with something.

Free speech is wonderful and all but if you spout some verbal diarrhea and attack someone or something with nothing to substantiate your claims you've actually ventured into another area of "rights". Besides Ron isn't talking about banning all the negative posts.  I think he is just asking that if you have a negative stance state it like an adult and/or have something to back your stance up.

Even Block himself was lamenting about when Getbig was the place for bodybuilding truth and how much it changed.  Now it is just a place that anybody will say anything just for the heck of it and post personal info just to attack somebody else.  I bet if Block stepped back and look at his own posts from now as opposed to when he started even he would see the change in himself.

Being negative is fine as all discussion need opposing sides, but remain intelligent while doing so...
Just Bad Bad Blood!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2010, 07:43:17 PM »
That cuts right to the truth there.
Gayer than owning Ejacula and Wankenstein on LaserDisc.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2010, 07:44:45 PM »
Whats with the eyes?

You verbally assert that bodybuilding is NOT a sport.  This runs contrary to Ron`s claims that it indeed is a sport.  Does your assessment help of hinder Ron`s proclamation?

It's not a sport.....but since that's not the subject it doesn't really matter.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2010, 07:45:42 PM »
Besides Ron isn't talking about banning all the negative posts.  I think he is just asking that if you have a negative stance state it like an adult and/or have something to back your stance up.

So just mentioning something about an NPC official that was reported in the news is fair game?

It isn't and wasn't. Posts about it were deleted even years ago... Block was "reporting" old news.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2010, 07:46:42 PM »
If you wish to be negative and post it, do so, just be able to back up your statement with something.

i thought thats what most here did

but then again...i hardly ever read threads i dont start
carpe` vaginum!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2010, 07:49:03 PM »

Free speech is wonderful and all but if you spout some verbal diarrhea and attack someone or something with nothing to substantiate your claims you've actually ventured into another area of "rights". Besides Ron isn't talking about banning all the negative posts.  I think he is just asking that if you have a negative stance state it like an adult and/or have something to back your stance up.

Even Block himself was lamenting about when Getbig was the place for bodybuilding truth and how much it changed.  Now it is just a place that anybody will say anything just for the heck of it and post personal info just to attack somebody else.  I bet if Block stepped back and look at his own posts from now as opposed to when he started even he would see the change in himself.

Being negative is fine as all discussion need opposing sides, but remain intelligent while doing so...
Shutup. You are such a queen.  Gayer than listening to the Four Tops as you loofah your nether regions in preparation for the Utah Junior Men`s prejudging.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2010, 07:49:11 PM »
So just mentioning something about an NPC official that was reported in the news is fair game?

It isn't and wasn't. Posts about it were deleted even years ago... Block was "reporting" old news.

dood....your avatar...its..i dunno whether i find it disgusting or creepy... >:(

carpe` vaginum!