Author Topic: Thoughts regarding latest events - Discussion  (Read 32891 times)

spinnis

Re: Thoughts regarding latest events - Discussion
« Reply #150 on: January 16, 2010, 07:00:44 AM »
Ok, no family jokes thats more then ok,

One more thing though ron

REMOVE THE FUCKING GIMMICK ACCOUNTS

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #151 on: January 16, 2010, 07:01:56 AM »
Vince G, CSN MFT --- Nothing on this board can be taken as slander!!!! Thats like wanting to sue mentally challenged kid for slander. majority of people on this board know that most of the stuff is nothing more but bs for entertainment purposes.

Besdies what i see now is no different then what I saw in the past 10 years on this board.

Mark my words this place will be ghost town if the FOUNDATION ON WHAT THIS BOARD WHAT FOUNDED ON WILL BE REMOVED!!

I'll say it again. This site became popular because it was different. difference is NO HOLDING BACK TRUTH/SHIT TALKING/MAKING FUN/POSTING WHATEVER.  You take that away and you have copy cat of every other bodybuilding site out there. Lot of people don't like boring everyday bodybuilding sites that out there and thats why the come to getbig everyday and thats why getbig became popular!!!

According to your id, you registered in Aug 2009.  Unless you're in Time Out or something, you've not been here for 10 years.
A

Colossus3

• Getbig II
« Reply #152 on: January 16, 2010, 07:20:14 AM »
Vince G, CSN MFT --ONE MORE TIME VINCE, I BEEN READING THIS BOARD FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS BUT I JOINED TO POST IN 2009! IF YOU READ MY FIRST POST INTRODUCING MYSELF I SAID THE SAME THING.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2010, 08:01:49 AM »
Agreed however with 169 posts thats a low count for 10 yrs

Long time lurker.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #154 on: January 16, 2010, 08:22:53 AM »
Don't worry Ron, just hand over the keys to getbig to me and I will take care of it.   8)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #155 on: January 16, 2010, 08:48:48 AM »
This situation is akin to Baseball enjoy the popularity, and ticket sells it had during the steriod era then turning it's back when others chime in and call them on it...

Don't bite the hands that feed you...apparently he's being fed bigger meals by those he answers too...

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #156 on: January 16, 2010, 09:00:08 AM »
Clearly the inmates have taken over the asylum and there is nothing Ron can do about it.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #157 on: January 16, 2010, 09:29:48 AM »
Clearly the inmates have taken over the asylum and there is nothing Ron can do about it.

This Tom Eggery will not stand.

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #158 on: January 16, 2010, 09:54:32 AM »
Vince Basile should have blue stars, why doesn't he? It reminds me of when some so called EXPERT got his EXPERT statis yet Tim Forgerty had none, I had to PM a poke to Ron or one of the other Bosses to get them to give it to him.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #159 on: January 16, 2010, 09:55:26 AM »
that is a set up if I ever heard of one. I dont think he has to lay out anything. He will just delete any posts he thinks is attacking his bread and butter. He said dont shit where you eat, gabish?

"Set up" for what?  Ron just deleting posts he doesn't like is exactly what things are like now.  He would not have created this thread if he didn't want things to change on the G&O board.  So we shouldn't make posts trashing the NPC.  I just want to know what else is off limits.

And what the fuck does "gabish" mean?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2010, 09:57:15 AM »
Vince Basile should have blue stars, why doesn't he? It reminds me of when some so called EXPERT got his EXPERT statis yet Tim Forgerty had none, I had to PM a poke to Ron or one of the other Bosses to get them to give it to him.
yea WTF? Basile was a national champion

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #161 on: January 16, 2010, 10:06:51 AM »
"Set up" for what?  Ron just deleting posts he doesn't like is exactly what things are like now.  He would not have created this thread if he didn't want things to change on the G&O board.  So we shouldn't make posts trashing the NPC.  I just want to know what else is off limits.

Hulkotron is trying to do his impression of an italian and tries to use that word "Capisce?" (Understand?)

He just doesn't know how it's spelled, thus it instead becomes "Garbaage" in the Hulkotronian Vocabulary.

Q

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #162 on: January 16, 2010, 10:11:14 AM »

All have good points here - and I enjoy most of it.

However, the posts that created the situation were one of slander and libel that went over the limit.  

And if you should truly know, I have been time outed people, 2 or 3 a week that go over the limit.  And deleting posts and threads when they go over the limit or are unrelated every day.

BUT, the last week has been more than the past few months.

Basically, everyone knows what exactly the limits are. Go after someone with a slanderous or libelous remark and it will create a problem, especially someone who is in our industry, and goes to the shows and expos.

As I have always said, the people I meet at the contesta and expos have more credibility than a person behind the computer sitting in his mom's house that thinks it is ok to slander someone and post crap.  

As for the nature of Getbig, it won't change much.

The main reason for this thread... because some of you kept asking why some threads were being deleted.  As for someone not being allowed to post, obviously, judging by the rules, if they abide by them, they come back.  But if you continue to violate, enough is enough.

big14

• Getbig III
  • Big muscles are so cool
« Reply #163 on: January 16, 2010, 10:12:29 AM »

the problem with getbig is not negativity

is the annonymous internet personalities who come here to lash out and try to get a raise out of people due to frustrations in their own lives

Sevaste you are lashing out against everyone all the time.

Like a spewing insult spamming machine.

You are complaining about yourself Sevastaster.

Ron directed his post towards people like you.

You dont know how to behave IRL, and you cant even behave

on a forum.

They tell you, that you scare people away, especially the females.

They put you in time out because you cant behave, and you give advice

in this thread?

B

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #164 on: January 16, 2010, 10:21:27 AM »
Hulkotron is trying to do his impression of an italian and tries to use that word "Capisce?" (Understand?)

He just doesn't know how it's spelled, thus it instead becomes "Garbaage" in the Hulkotronian Vocabulary.

"nycbull" made that post, not me.  I made the one you quoted.  Try to follow along.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: January 16, 2010, 11:09:08 AM »
I AGREE WITH RON.

THIS BOARD IS SO NEGATIVE..ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY ANYMORE.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #166 on: January 16, 2010, 11:13:44 AM »
However, the posts that created the situation were one of slander and libel that went over the limit.  

I guess I just don't read getbig often enough throughout the day.  I see thread after thread discussing legitimate concerns regarding the dealings of the NPC, Jim Manion and JM Manion being deleted.   If someone posts something 'over the limit' you must be deleting the entire thread (rather than just the offending posting) before I get a chance to read it.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #167 on: January 16, 2010, 12:07:37 PM »

gabish is slang for capisce, it is Italian for understand?  gabish is the version out of New Jersey which I am from originaly.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #168 on: January 16, 2010, 12:31:29 PM »
I bet special ed has already made a top ten list regarding this and we can't read it :'( :'(
tank u jesus

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #169 on: January 16, 2010, 02:17:47 PM »

And if you should truly know, I have been time outed people, 2 or 3 a week that go over the limit.  And deleting posts and threads when they go over the limit or are unrelated every day.

Basically, everyone knows what exactly the limits are. Go after someone with a slanderous or libelous remark and it will create a problem, especially someone who is in our industry, and goes to the shows and expos.

As I have always said, the people I meet at the contesta and expos have more credibility than a person behind the computer sitting in his mom's house that thinks it is ok to slander someone and post crap.  

The main reason for this thread... because some of you kept asking why some threads were being deleted.  As for someone not being allowed to post, obviously, judging by the rules, if they abide by them, they come back.  But if you continue to violate, enough is enough.

What written was slanderous ? All I saw was a legit tax return.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #170 on: January 16, 2010, 02:52:47 PM »

So why was BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT allowed to continue posting?

I don't come here to take shit seriously or slander people. But Blockhead has some good posts, you can't make one decision about him but let BH keep posting.

Ron just come out and say Blockhead went after the wrong people who are either your friends/suppliers/customers etc. and fair enough, it's your board those are very fair rules.

But you have to be consistent in decisions especially if you don't come out and say directly that Blockhead mentioned the wrong people's names and then you have to deal with their e-mails/phone calls. Otherwise you just lose respect.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #171 on: January 16, 2010, 03:26:42 PM »
Yo Ron when are those blue stars gonna get added to my profile bud?  I've been a pro bodybuilding champ for 8 years/ 3 years since I broke Wilt Chamberlain's 30K record/ I even mopped the floor with Fedor  in a bar brawl a couple weeks ago. 
LMAO  :D :D best ever post by Big Dicked

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #172 on: January 16, 2010, 03:44:22 PM »

Basile, don't try to play innocent.  I saw what you wrote over at BBpro and quite frankly I was amused at the fact that you actually thought they had some respect for you but you learned the very hard way.

As far as the blue stars are concerned, I honestly don't know why some people have them and some people don't.  Leafy Bug's got them, Derek Anthony doesn't, but Billy Guns has them etc.  Even Blockhead was given blue stars. Its a selective progress and I don't know how Ron decides but even if I had them, it isn't like my credit score would go up or something and it certainly would not garnish me anymore respect than what I usually get which is a barrage of trolls who are obsessed with me.

But I compete to win the show and get that pro card, not to impress Ron.  And each year, I get a bit closer and closer to doing that.  And if you think I'm still getting blown out of the water, think again.  Its only a matter of time before I start breaking into the pack.
::)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #173 on: January 16, 2010, 04:38:18 PM »
Can we also delete more threads that contain racist comments about Arabs and Muslims? 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #174 on: January 16, 2010, 05:55:15 PM »
Can we also delete more threads that contain racist comments about Arabs and Muslims? 

Why?  Most of them are very accurate.