Author Topic: France moves closer to banning the burqa.  (Read 4094 times)

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Re: France moves closer to banning the burqa.
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2010, 11:36:05 AM »
Those are strict interpretations of Islam not necessarily correct ones.  The christian bible also calls for a lot of actions most would deem reprehensible and a lot of blood has been shed in the name of God by all people, not just muslims.  

This is not about muslims or islam, it's about the freedom to choose what you wear.  Muslims are being attacked and having their rights taken because of a complete lack of understanding and because a few fu*ked up people.  

The fact you don't get this yet jump up and down about freedoms and rights in the US is quite the double standard.    

So now you are going to throw yet more propaganda at me and try to quantify it with Christianity? What are those actions? And don't post a bunch of passages from the old testament, because if you do you are only showing how little you really know about Christianity as well as Islam.

To a Muslim the Koran is the undisputed pure word of Allah, why do you think they get to pissed when someone "disrespects" the Koran?

So you say its not about Islam but freedom to wear what you want, then in the next sentence it is about Islam, make up your mind.

There is no double standard other than the one in your imagination, a burqa does not stop one from practicing Islam.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2010, 11:36:59 AM »
It's clear that you have no grasp of what you're talking about are nothing more than your typical Muslim apologist.

Muslims, despite their constant attempts, are not exempt from the laws that every other religion in France has to abide by.  :D

You just said the burqa wasn't related to islam because it's not in the koran.  therefore it's not about religion it's about choice  ;D
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2010, 11:38:25 AM »
You just said the burqa wasn't related to islam because it's not in the koran.  therefore it's not about religion it's about choice  ;D

Yeah Choice KC.  ::)  ::)

Wear it or get your throat slit.  A real choice KC.   

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2010, 11:38:52 AM »
So now you are going to throw yet more propaganda at me and try to quantify it with Christianity? What are those actions? And don't post a bunch of passages from the old testament, because if you do you are only showing how little you really know about Christianity as well as Islam.

To a Muslim the Koran is the undisputed pure word of Allah, why do you think they get to pissed when someone "disrespects" the Koran?

So you say its not about Islam but freedom to wear what you want, then in the next sentence it is about Islam, make up your mind.

There is no double standard other than the one in your imagination, a burqa does not stop one from practicing Islam.

You won't find one mention of it in the Koran. You know, the book that is supposedly the word of God and all that jazz.  ;)

You just said the burqa wasn't related to islam because it's not in the koran.  therefore it's not about religion it's about choice  ;D

It is not mentioned in the Koran. However, it has become part of Islam due to years of Muslim men subjugating their women and forcing them to wear it. Thus it warrants banning as it violates the secularism mandated by France's constitution.   :D

It is worn by most Muslim women out of fear of being beaten and/or murdered for not wearing it. Hardly a choice.  ;)

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2010, 11:43:41 AM »
You won't find one mention of it in the Koran. You know, the book that is supposedly the word of God and all that jazz.  ;)

It is not mentioned in the Koran. However, it has become part of Islam due to years of Muslim men subjugating their women and forcing them to wear it. Thus it warrants banning as it violates the secularism mandated by France's constitution.   :D

It is worn by most women Muslim for fear of being beaten and/or murdered. Hardly a choice.  ;)

I've never disagreed that woman who are forced to wear it should have a choice.  You're saying its a symbol to you of subjugation.  That is not the case with a lot of muslim woman who choose to wear it.   Since it's not apart of the religion according to you, then it's akin to banning doc martin boots because in my opinion they are worn by skinheads who attack other races, you would support such a ban on doc martins right?

Would you also support a ban on shaved heads because those too are the symbol of skinheads??
Abandon every hope...

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2010, 11:48:19 AM »
I've never disagreed that woman who are forced to wear it should have a choice.  You're saying its a symbol to you of subjugation.  That is not the case with a lot of muslim woman who choose to wear it.   Since it's not apart of the religion according to you, then it's akin to banning doc martin boots because in my opinion they are worn by skinheads who attack other races, you would support such a ban on doc martins right?

Would you also support a ban on shaved heads because those too are the symbol of skinheads??

You're trying to spin my words but it's not working. It isn't mentioned in the Koran but it has indeed become a part of the Muslim religion due to years of Muslim men forcing their women to wear it. And because it has become completely intertwined with the practice of Islam, it does indeed violate the idea of secularism that the constitution of France mandates. And because it violates that, it warrants banning. Plain and simple.

Banning it will not affect the practicing of Islam. Not that most Muslims are educated enough to understand that. Years of brainwashing their slave women have ensured that.

You're welcome to try to spin this into some "choice" thing. And that was one of the most idiotic comparisons I've seen with the Doc Martin boots. Talk about reaching.  ::)

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2010, 12:46:46 PM »
You're trying to spin my words but it's not working. It isn't mentioned in the Koran but it has indeed become a part of the Muslim religion due to years of Muslim men forcing their women to wear it. And because it has become completely intertwined with the practice of Islam, it does indeed violate the idea of secularism that the constitution of France mandates. And because it violates that, it warrants banning. Plain and simple.

Banning it will not affect the practicing of Islam. Not that most Muslims are educated enough to understand that. Years of brainwashing their slave women have ensured that.

You're welcome to try to spin this into some "choice" thing. And that was one of the most idiotic comparisons I've seen with the Doc Martin boots. Talk about reaching.  ::)

Not reaching at all.  It's the same thing.  Both are an item of clothing that has been radicalized in some peoples eyes by aggressive people.  If you support one ban you must support another. 
Abandon every hope...

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2010, 12:52:23 PM »
Not reaching at all.  It's the same thing.  Both are an item of clothing that has been radicalized in some peoples eyes by aggressive people.  If you support one ban you must support another. 

You libs are funny lot, always some half-assed comparison trying to quantify your argument.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2010, 12:56:56 PM »
You libs are funny lot, always some half-assed comparison trying to quantify your argument.

You right wingers are funny always preaching freedom and rights until a muslim comes along, then the don't have any. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2010, 01:00:01 PM »
You right wingers are funny always preaching freedom and rights until a muslim comes along, then the don't have any. 

This is France you dope. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2010, 01:07:43 PM »

Again, how the fuck does not wearing a burka prevent the practice of Islam? About as much as banning doc martins would stop one from being a skinhead. Your nonsense is getting tiresome.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2010, 02:05:39 PM »

I'm fairly liberal on most issues. However, I have a problem with the Islamic Crusade being waged on Western society.