Author Topic: I make 6 figues a year and drive a Lexus, lol  (Read 9174 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: I make 6 figues a year and drive a Lexus, lol
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2010, 11:40:15 AM »
Bay, I was polite to the guy.He was rude and pushy to the Wal-mart clerk.He held up the line for 20 minutes and it was last so there was only 2 other registers open .One was a 10 items or less, and I had more then 10 items.If the guy said he didnt have alot of money or had hard times I would have had compassion.Then he brags about his car and how much money he makes.Everybody in line laughed at him when he made those ridiculous comments.
Bay if the guy has hard times and said, I just had twins and I am over my head in bills.No, But instead he was rude to the checker, even calling him stupid and bragging about how much money he makes.
Bay if the guy said, he was low on money, I would have bought his groceries for him.I donate money and time  every week at my church at the store we have.
Our church store gives out food and all kind of itmes to people who have hardships.We serve about 200 plus people at a time.We help out alot of familes with food, toilet paer, shaving cream tooth paste, you name it.The best part about it is its all free.So I do help out those who are in need.
I beleive in paying it forward

Fair enough.  But your original post above still makes you look like the “arrogant prick” (to use your words).  You spent a bit of time penning that narrative in an effort to mock that fellow, but all you succeeded in doing was making yourself look bad with poor grammar, punctuation, and paragraphing—not to mention the substance of your story.  For what it’s worth, I am not the only one who sees it this way.  “Epic thread back fire….” and “you are an idiot of the highest caliber…” are among the reactions you have garnered.  I don’t know you from Adam, so this is nothing personal, but the original post above was a very unflattering self-portrait.

Let this be a lesson to all getbiggers: do not try to throw unnecessary grenades.  It is not a pretty picture when they blow up in your face. :-[

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2010, 11:44:45 AM »
I was at Ralphs the other day...lines were freaking crazy....i just wanted some freakin beer...But im working on patience this year, i figure, if i can be more patient while driving and while in the grocery store down the street from my apt (BRENTWOOD....HELLA OLD PEOPLE WHO CAN CARE LESS ABOUT TIME)....then ill be able to be more patient with everything..

Thats said...20 min is a while. I would have been furious, but i wouldnt have went into the guys finances  like that. Sometimes pride for a grown man is a hard thing to get over...So whatever the situation was with him and his wallet,he wasnt gonna let it show in a public place with a bunch of strangers around...

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2010, 11:47:34 AM »
I was at Ralphs the other day...lines were freaking crazy....i just wanted some freakin beer...But im working on patience this year, i figure, if i can be more patient while driving and while in the grocery store down the street from my apt (BRENTWOOD....HELLA OLD PEOPLE WHO CAN CARE LESS ABOUT TIME)....then ill be able to be more patient with everything..

Thats said...20 min is a while. I would have been furious, but i wouldnt have went into the guys finances  like that. Sometimes pride for a grown man is a hard thing to get over...So whatever the situation was with him and his wallet,he wasnt gonna let it show in a public place with a bunch of strangers around...
good post, confrontation rarely works when trying to correct behavior.
follow the arrows

David M

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2010, 11:50:01 AM »
dude loses 20 minutes in line and whines... then spends 30 minutes posting about it
Team MEL

TK652

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2010, 11:50:18 AM »
In college I went on a double date.  My girlfriends girlfriends (???) date spent the whole time talking about money.  How he does this or that to save money.  Talked about how for him finding gas that was 5 cents a gallon cheaper saved him $300/year.  He extrapolated everthing to a per year number.  (I was actually impressed by some of the savings that he had figured out...)  Anyway, don't know how I didn't see this coming but when the check came he meticulously calculated everyones totals and collected the money from me.  When the waiter came back he pulls out two two for one coupons for their meals.

Oh, and to the OP as has been pointed out - while it may have only been 2.4% of Gross it's a significantly higher percent of pocket change once you take out taxes, mortgage etc... I use coupons too...

fixed it myself.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2010, 11:52:43 AM »
If you do the math that is only 2.4% of his income he is saving.Plus if you do the math even further a $100,000 a year adds up to about $50 an hour.That would mean that by clipping all those coupons he is actually losing money in time, lol.

You make the assumption that the time spent cutting out coupons could easily be transferred into matching his assumed regular hourly rate.   He's probably salaried, so this isn't the case.  There's no opportunity cost associated with him doing this.

Anyway, making six figures doesn't not mean you are rich, especially where kids are involved.  The money he is saving via using coupons is well worth it.  A couple grand makes a big difference.
Y

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2010, 12:11:42 PM »
If you were at Target and this happened, we may have had more respect in your effort...However Walmart is in place for the poor to low/middle class...Judging by your posts on the money you make, you really shouldn't be going to a Walmart...

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2010, 12:16:46 PM »
There's nothing wrong with people who make decent money shopping at Wal-mart for necessities, or anything else they choose.
Y

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2010, 12:17:53 PM »
i buy sandbox sand from WMT's garden center... you don't have to go in.

Also the neighborhood Walmart 24/7 neighborhood grocery store isn't too bad.  You can self-checkout at 10 am and the place is empty.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2010, 12:27:29 PM »
you guys need to come to australia and pay our prices for food then you'll really have something to complain about!... no coupon system here either...

body88

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2010, 12:27:49 PM »
You make the assumption that the time spent cutting out coupons could easily be transferred into matching his assumed regular hourly rate.   He's probably salaried, so this isn't the case.  There's no opportunity cost associated with him doing this.

Anyway, making six figures doesn't not mean you are rich, especially where kids are involved.  The money he is saving via using coupons is well worth it.  A couple grand makes a big difference.

I think it's pretty clear this guy has little to no idea what he is talking about.

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2010, 12:37:58 PM »
I

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2010, 12:40:49 PM »
You love me
which Lion dominated more in yesterdays Pro Bowl? ;D
((-::

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2010, 12:44:04 PM »
I hardly doubt the OPer said this to anyone.  He probably thought it but didn't have the balls to say it.  Or he wouldn't have gone to the trouble to type this whole scenario out on getbig.  LOL. 

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2010, 12:45:05 PM »
I was at Wal-Mart last night buying paper towels and cleaning supplies.I never buy my food there, I go to Fresh and Easy, because they have better food.When it comes to household items and cleaning supplies, Wal-mart does have the best prices.
I am in the check out line, and this guy has a coupon for every item he buys and a newspaper add for advertised special of other stores because Wal-mart I guess price matches.This I didn't know.This went on for about 20 minutes.I finally said to the guy, why don't you just use your time more wisely and make more money.He then said, I drive a Lexus.I reply, if you drive a Lexus ,you would know time is money, and all the time your spending looking through adds, and cutting coupons, you could be coming up with other business ideas.He then said I save $200 per month doing this.,lol.I say $200 a month isn't worth all the trouble your causing yourself or other people in line.I said your probably spend 4-8 hours a months clipping coupons.He then replies, I make 6 figures, and I have twins ,so I need to be wise about my money.I then just say,the math doesn't add up.Now I didn't say this but if he makes 6 figuers which is a $100,000 a year, if he saves $200 a month that is $2400 a year.If you do the math that is only 2.4% of his income he is saving.Plus if you do the math even further a $100,000 a year adds up to about $50 an hour.That would mean that by clipping all those coupons he is actually losing money in time, lol.
I shut up after his last comment, and as he was leaving, I said they make great medication for people with ADD, and mental health issues.
I am not a rude person but this guy was an asshole to the checker, and even after he checked out pulled out a $1 coupon  for Capri Sun and wanted a $1 from his purchase after the associate already gave him his receipt.They had to call over a manger to do an over ride.This guy held up the line for 20 minutes and I kid you not 20 diffrent store fliers and atleast 40 coupons, and all he saved was $15.
Then has the nerve to tell me he makes 6 figures and drives a Lexus.lol ....Yeah Right.

Now if the guy said, you know ,I don't have alot of money and times are tough, I would have been polite to him and said I understand. Heck if he was humble and admitted he was low on cash, I would have given him the $15-$20 he saved, Just to speed up the line and help out a guy in need..I do make 6 figures a year, and there was a time I was in line and a young single mother was trying to buy formula for her baby and her debit card wouldn't go through.So I paid her bill for her, and she started crying.Her husband just left her and she had no money.So I have compassion for people who have hardships, but this guy was an arrogant prick.
                      in 30 words or less wtf    r     u     trying to say?
F

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2010, 12:47:35 PM »
Just my opinion, but in situations as such where you may feel like you will react in a non cordial manner and/or engage in dialog as you chose to, just remove yourself from the situation entirely.

Please understand that the gentlemen actually did nothing to you physically to provoke anything. Instead you allowed the situation to have a ill logical effect on you psychologically therefore you actually instigated an issue that did nothing but lure you out of your spirit as a whole as the situation grew.

This was a mental test that you failed. I've failed plenty. Learn from it.

Peace and a Jar of hair grease.  ;)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2010, 01:06:39 PM »
Why dont you do your groceries like saturday evening or sunday morning when there's nobody there?  If you dont like crowds and lines, dont get there at the wrong time, that simple, moron.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2010, 01:14:46 PM »
Just my opinion, but in situations as such where you may feel like you will react in a non cordial manner and/or engage in dialog as you chose to, just remove yourself from the situation entirely.

Please understand that the gentlemen actually did nothing to you physically to provoke anything. Instead you allowed the situation to have a ill logical effect on you psychologically therefore you actually instigated an issue that did nothing but lure you out of your spirit as a whole as the situation grew.

This was a mental test that you failed. I've failed plenty. Learn from it.

Peace and a Jar of hair grease.  ;)

Well most people will do their best to avoid being in contact with stupid people instead of unecessarely confronting em. What's at stake here, seriously, why the need for all this drama? looks like getitony is an insecure moron who needs to start troubles with people for no reasons other than his insecurities and lack of self control.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2010, 01:28:48 PM »
The Only reason I stepped is was because he was rude to the cashier.He was impatient ,pushy and talked down to the guy behind the counter.Then for him to brag about driving a Lexus and making 6 figures really pissed me off.Nothing bothers me more thne people who brag about how much they make or what they drive.If you make 6 figures and drive a Lexus good for you.The guy argued with the cashier and called him stupid and an idiot , and the guy was a nice 50 year old man.To make matters worse he made rude commnets to the lady in front of me.The guy was just a jerk.I dont mind people with coupons, but he was so unorganised, rude, and loud.I wasnt the first person to say something, it was actually o other people.I just asked him to please refrain from using profanity to the cashier.I think he purposly held up the line and messed with the cashier because he wanted to be a jerk.Like I said before, the cashier had to call over the manager over 4 times over problems the guy caused.I would have gladly given the guy the $12-$15 he saved just to not have to hear him or have him waste my time.If the guy was hurting for money I would have compassion for him, but he was just a guy with a chip on his shoulder.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2010, 01:35:58 PM »
My problem wasnt so much with the guy holding up the line as much as the way he talked to the cashier.I hate when people are rude to waiters, cashiers, or people who are serving them.Just because someone is serving you, doesnt make them any less then you.They arent your slave,They are just doing there job.I been behind old ladies on fixed income and they held up the line for 15 minutes, but they were atleast polite.
This guy was about 30 the cashier was an older guy about 55-60.He should have respect for his elders

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2010, 01:40:31 PM »
My problem wasnt so much with the guy holding up the line as much as the way he talked to the cashier.I hate when people are rude to waiters, cashiers, or people who are serving them.Just because someone is serving you, doesnt make them any less then you.They arent your slave,They are just doing there job.I been behind old ladies on fixed income and they held up the line for 15 minutes, but they were atleast polite.
This guy was about 30 the cashier was an older guy about 55-60.He should have respect for his elders

Bro despite what these dudes say...I see where where you were going with your actions..

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2010, 01:48:32 PM »
A nice car doesn't mean shit nowadays. You know how many adults living with their parents or living in apartments drive Mercedes here in SoCal?  LMAO!  There is an orderly at my work that drives a Dodge Viper.  Nice cars don't mean shit anymore. 

buffdnet

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • fuck the pope
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2010, 01:50:33 PM »
fuck the walmart employee. fuck any of you care about them.
fuck them fuck them fuck them
oh and by using self checkout you can
fuck them fuck them fuck them on coupons under certain circumstances.
I use coupons, send off for free stuff, do surveys and abuse walmart at
every opportunity i get. i average over min wage in cash or amazon gift certs.
i also own walmart shares. 2 of em. fuck them

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2010, 01:53:06 PM »
A nice car doesn't mean shit nowadays. You know how many adults living with their parents or living in apartments drive Mercedes here in SoCal?  LMAO!  There is an orderly at my work that drives a Dodge Viper.  Nice cars don't mean shit anymore. 

ha.. i know a guy in socal..who is 29 lives with his mom and has a chevy avalanche with 27 inch rims, custom paint job, tvs everywhere...x box inside the car. all kinds of shit...but he lives at home

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2010, 01:53:29 PM »
Here's what I would have done:
Grabbed the guys coupons and started eating them
Headbutted the guy
Shook the cashiers hand
Grabbed the Loudspeaker phone and said "Cleanup at Register 2"
Hit on any chicks in the lineup

politely bidded good day and left