Author Topic: I make 6 figues a year and drive a Lexus, lol  (Read 9204 times)

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I make 6 figues a year and drive a Lexus, lol
« on: February 01, 2010, 09:56:04 AM »
I was at Wal-Mart last night buying paper towels and cleaning supplies.I never buy my food there, I go to Fresh and Easy, because they have better food.When it comes to household items and cleaning supplies, Wal-mart does have the best prices.\
Well this guy comes in with atleast 40 coupones and 30 differnt adds from other stores.He is rude to the cashier,calling him stupid, and then proceeds to tell everyone he drives a lexus and makes 6 figures a year....Out loud

Now if the guy said, you know ,I don't have alot of money and times are tough, I would have been polite to him and said I understand. Heck if he was humble and admitted he was low on cash, I would have given him the $15-$20 he saved, Just to speed up the line and help out a guy in need..I do make 6 figures a year, and there was a time I was in line and a young single mother was trying to buy formula for her baby and her debit card wouldn't go through.So I paid her bill for her, and she started crying.Her husband just left her and she had no money.So I have compassion for people who have hardships, but this guy was an arrogant prick.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: I make 6 figues a year and drive a Lexus, lol
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 10:00:47 AM »
So you're upset that he wasted your time? Ever heard of moving to a different register? Every Walmart I've been in usually has 10+ registers open at any given time. You sound like a douche.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 10:05:01 AM »
I was at Wal-Mart last night buying paper towels and cleaning supplies.I never buy my food there, I go to Fresh and Easy, because they have better food.When it comes to household items and cleaning supplies, Wal-mart does have the best prices.
I am in the check out line, and this guy has a coupon for every item he buys and a newspaper add for advertised special of other stores because Wal-mart I guess price matches.This I didn't know.This went on for about 20 minutes.I finally said to the guy, why don't you just use your time more wisely and make more money.He then said, I drive a Lexus.I reply, if you drive a Lexus ,you would know time is money, and all the time your spending looking through adds, and cutting coupons, you could be coming up with other business ideas.He then said I save $200 per month doing this.,lol.I say $200 a month isn't worth all the trouble your causing yourself or other people in line.I said your probably spend 4-8 hours a months clipping coupons.He then replies, I make 6 figures, and I have twins ,so I need to be wise about my money.I then just say,the math doesn't add up.Now I didn't say this but if he makes 6 figuers which is a $100,000 a year, if he saves $200 a month that is $2400 a year.If you do the math that is only 2.4% of his income he is saving.Plus if you do the math even further a $100,000 a year adds up to about $50 an hour.That would mean that by clipping all those coupons he is actually losing money in time, lol.
I shut up after his last comment, and as he was leaving, I said they make great medication for people with ADD, and mental health issues.
I am not a rude person but this guy was an asshole to the checker, and even after he checked out pulled out a $1 coupon  for Capri Sun and wanted a $1 from his purchase after the associate already gave him his receipt.They had to call over a manger to do an over ride.This guy held up the line for 20 minutes and I kid you not 20 diffrent store fliers and atleast 40 coupons, and all he saved was $15.
Then has the nerve to tell me he makes 6 figures and drives a Lexus.lol ....Yeah Right.

Now if the guy said, you know ,I don't have alot of money and times are tough, I would have been polite to him and said I understand. Heck if he was humble and admitted he was low on cash, I would have given him the $15-$20 he saved, Just to speed up the line and help out a guy in need..I do make 6 figures a year, and there was a time I was in line and a young single mother was trying to buy formula for her baby and her debit card wouldn't go through.So I paid her bill for her, and she started crying.Her husband just left her and she had no money.So I have compassion for people who have hardships, but this guy was an arrogant prick.

You may want to reread or rewrite your story; as written, you are the one who sounds like the arrogant prick.  :-\

saopl

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 10:06:57 AM »

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 10:09:58 AM »
2.4 % . . . add on gas associated discounts, airmiles, cash backs and cats like this add 10% to their income. This type of thing is BEEF approved.

THE BEEF

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 10:13:04 AM »
I was at Wal-Mart last night buying paper towels and cleaning supplies.I never buy my food there, I go to Fresh and Easy, because they have better food.When it comes to household items and cleaning supplies, Wal-mart does have the best prices.
I am in the check out line, and this guy has a coupon for every item he buys and a newspaper add for advertised special of other stores because Wal-mart I guess price matches.This I didn't know.This went on for about 20 minutes.I finally said to the guy, why don't you just use your time more wisely and make more money.He then said, I drive a Lexus.I reply, if you drive a Lexus ,you would know time is money, and all the time your spending looking through adds, and cutting coupons, you could be coming up with other business ideas.He then said I save $200 per month doing this.,lol.I say $200 a month isn't worth all the trouble your causing yourself or other people in line.I said your probably spend 4-8 hours a months clipping coupons.He then replies, I make 6 figures, and I have twins ,so I need to be wise about my money.I then just say,the math doesn't add up.Now I didn't say this but if he makes 6 figuers which is a $100,000 a year, if he saves $200 a month that is $2400 a year.If you do the math that is only 2.4% of his income he is saving.Plus if you do the math even further a $100,000 a year adds up to about $50 an hour.That would mean that by clipping all those coupons he is actually losing money in time, lol.
I shut up after his last comment, and as he was leaving, I said they make great medication for people with ADD, and mental health issues.
I am not a rude person but this guy was an asshole to the checker, and even after he checked out pulled out a $1 coupon  for Capri Sun and wanted a $1 from his purchase after the associate already gave him his receipt.They had to call over a manger to do an over ride.This guy held up the line for 20 minutes and I kid you not 20 diffrent store fliers and atleast 40 coupons, and all he saved was $15.
Then has the nerve to tell me he makes 6 figures and drives a Lexus.lol ....Yeah Right.

Good stuff.. that crap pisses me off when I see it and then they have the nerve to pretend to have money.  Yeah, a lot of these dopes make close to 6 figures then are up to thier eyeballs in debt form buying an eight hundred thousand dollar house, two thousand dollar wheels on thier eighty thousand dollar SUV with another two thousand worth of flatscreens in it. Blows my mind.

Azn Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Team Nasser Forum at www.FavorMob.com/hugenasser
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 10:13:59 AM »
That's not slacker

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 10:14:16 AM »

The guy in your story is one hell of a lot smarted than you. Hope this helps.

io856

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 10:14:50 AM »
cool I thats the first one of your posts I have actually read

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 10:19:33 AM »
That's not slacker

I didn't read it but if it sounds like an asshole spewing bullshit then it was probably Slacker
No Worries 4 me

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 10:23:12 AM »
sounds like the lexus owner is a jew
L

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 10:26:21 AM »
Epic thread back fire.  Stick to posting stories of worshipping your oiled up muscle men.  Man what a douche you are...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 10:27:46 AM »
I remember a few weeks ago I posted I was looking for video and needed help and I didn't want to go over a certain amount, I caught a lot of shit just because I make good money I guess that meant I had to buy a high dollar video camera.

Hey GetItOnNY, have you ever though about WHY that guy is driving a Lexus?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 10:31:49 AM »

Cool Story GetItOn! :D

In actuality though, i would have switched to another line.
Q

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 10:33:54 AM »
You had me at Wal-Mart.   ;D 

spinnis

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 10:34:00 AM »
I remember a few weeks ago I posted I was looking for video and needed help and I didn't want to go over a certain amount, I caught a lot of shit just because I make good money I guess that meant I had to buy a high dollar video camera.

thats because video cameras is one one those things that worth spending a little bit more on, or else you will end up having to buy a new one within the year anyway =)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 10:36:17 AM »
My wife is the coupon cutting queen, he'd hate to be in the same line as her. She went shopping Friday the total came to about $180.00 then she broke out the coupons and promptly saved $67.00.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 10:39:26 AM »
I know some people like that. There's this one guy who makes a good living, but wouldn't hesitate to walk 3 miles just to pick up a penny he'd dropped on the way.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 10:42:02 AM »
Bay, I was polite to the guy.He was rude and pushy to the Wal-mart clerk.He held up the line for 20 minutes and it was last so there was only 2 other registers open .One was a 10 items or less, and I had more then 10 items.If the guy said he didnt have alot of money or had hard times I would have had compassion.Then he brags about his car and how much money he makes.Everybody in line laughed at him when he made those ridiculous comments.
Bay if the guy has hard times and said, I just had twins and I am over my head in bills.No, But instead he was rude to the checker, even calling him stupid and bragging about how much money he makes.
Bay if the guy said, he was low on money, I would have bought his groceries for him.I donate money and time  every week at my church at the store we have.
Our church store gives out food and all kind of itmes to people who have hardships.We serve about 200 plus people at a time.We help out alot of familes with food, toilet paer, shaving cream tooth paste, you name it.The best part about it is its all free.So I do help out those who are in need.
I beleive in paying it forward

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 10:44:51 AM »
I know some people like that. There's this one guy who makes a good living, but wouldn't hesitate to walk 3 miles just to pick up a penny he'd dropped on the way.

IMO you have to look at this way, no matter how much money you make you never know when it might run out. I'm an impulsive shopper and if wasn't for my wife I would probably buy what ever I saw and be broke. My wife is the saver and I'm the spender, I'm getting better tho :-\

body88

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 11:01:42 AM »
Nice effort. It seems like you put a lot of thought into your post. That said, you are an idiot of the highest caliber. I've read your posts for sometime now and not only are you not capable of putting a coherent sentence together, you go on and on about topics/situations that make you look like a buffoon and a jackass.

Judging by your post, I'll tell you why YOU are losing tens of thousands of dollars per year in revenue. First, your lack of judgement your extreme arrogance and impatience is quite apparent. Who the hell are you to tell this guy he can or can't take an extended amount of time with his coupons? That's his right and the way you dealt with the situation says a lot about you as a person. I'd be safe to assume that your idiocy runs into your work, so one could assume that you treat your customers and competition with the same type of braindead logic as you showcased in your post. I'd wager most of your competitors and clients think you are a arrogant know it all, with little to no ability to influence people into your way of thinking, the right way.

I don't know how anyone could take you serious. If I got an email from you, I'd think a 4 year old typed it up.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 11:08:51 AM »

I use coupons too but I keep them organized in a book and pass them along after my stuff is rung up.  Doesn't hold up the line one bit. 
A

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2010, 11:09:33 AM »
I make under 50K and take the train and bus wherever i go locally.  :'(
((-::

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2010, 11:09:52 AM »
IMO you have to look at this way, no matter how much money you make you never know when it might run out. I'm an impulsive shopper and if wasn't for my wife I would probably buy what ever I saw and be broke. My wife is the saver and I'm the spender, I'm getting better tho :-\

I think it also has to do with how you earn your money. Folks on a fixed income or salary are a bit more structured with their spending and perhaps, thrifty too. People who are in business and have uneven flow of money are more random with how they spend and save.

Women, on average, are also better than men when it comes to managing their money.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2010, 11:38:29 AM »
sounds like the lexus owner is a jew

Marty Burnstein