Author Topic: The entitlement complex of some bodybuilders.  (Read 7854 times)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Re: The entitlement complex of some bodybuilders.
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2010, 05:30:14 PM »
I still can't believe coleman didn't get nailed at some point, chick is full of shit like usual, half of the shit coleman takes you can't get by prescription, let alone in the U.S where there are maybe 5 steroids available through HRT clinics or compounding labs.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2010, 06:14:53 PM »
Rocky, there is no need to argue with Chick about the issue.

Chick is clearly stating that there are ways of getting around the law.  In other words, purchasing steroids off the street is illegal, but if you have a medical condition that validates your getting a prescription for steroids (say low testosterone levels warranting Hormone replacement therapy), then you can potentially have your cake and eat it too.

If big Ron had a prescription allowing him access to steroids, then he is clear of breaking any laws.

Is it morally correct to outsmart the system?  No. 

Does it mean that by outsmarting the system you broke the law? No.

An example, say you get a parking ticket for parking at a "NO STANDING" zone.  Later that day, you read through your ticket and realize that the parking official wrote a faulty description of your car (wrong make, year, color etc..).  You go to court, use the facts against the metermaid and the judge throws the case out.  You win.

Regardless of the technicalities, were you right in parking where you did? No.

Did you beat the system? Yes.

"1"

It's obvious by his last response that were pumping a dry well here, bro...

Time to move on...

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2010, 06:40:40 PM »
It just seems that the number of bodybuilders who can make really money without actually winning is pretty small.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2010, 11:02:54 PM »
I think I should say  "eventually", it would build up to 1 milli. Like Shawn Ray had said, surfers and BMX bikers make more than the winner of the Arnold.
 200K, then 250k, then 300k, etc, etc. Next 500k, and so on and so forth. Arnold's backers may not at this time with the economy the way it is would go for 1 milli top prize, but it has to be gradual, plus with Arnold's "charisma" and him making a "business case" for it. Also the one who wins, chances are will probably be someone in the Richard Jones mold, someone that they can promote.   

C'mon, Parker, Surfing and BMX bikes are more popular than bbing pageants. Shit, they have their own "styles" and brands within them. You could go to any Target or other large store and find "skater" attire. Try finding a glittery thong..... :-\
HAHA, RON.....

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2010, 11:22:09 PM »
It just seems that the number of bodybuilders who can make really money without actually winning is pretty small.

No one is forcing them to do it.
HAHA, RON.....

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2010, 12:56:26 AM »
We don't need to assume anything, Big Ron didn't have a prescription for every illegal drug he used. End of story. Why the need for the constant BS on this issue? And the items he may have had an Rx for were in a lot of cases illegal anyway. A script adds some insulation but it doesn't make it totally legal. Do you want me to post some recent examples of news about cops being fired for having "legit HRT scripts"? Do you want me to post the news about Big Ron being investigated in a Life Extension pharm bust a few years ago?

You cannot do Pro BB 100% legally in the US. It's no assumption but fact.

Funny that you are also involved with a company suspected of distributing illegal anabolic steroids as supplements. I say "suspected" since there's been no trial yet. But even the supplement companies selling these items have openly debated the legality of this on the bb.com forums and everyone has agreed that it's a very very gray area - at best. Which is why the big companies don't sell these items = they know it's illegal.

Pro bodybuilding involves illegal drug use, no one can seriously claim the opposite.

Van B is completely on point with this. It is not possible to be a pro bodybuilder in America, without breaking the law. This is obvious, and should not even be a point of contention. I for the life of me cannot see why it is so hard for Chick to just speak plainly on this issue and admit that this is the case. I do not think that this is a moral problem, and in fact is probably even part of the appeal. Having to live outside both what is the societal norms, in addition to having to live outside the law, can sometimes cement the appeal of a subculture, for its practitioners. 

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2010, 04:43:24 AM »

It's obvious by his last response that were pumping a dry well here, bro...

Time to move on...

time to move on bob..because you look and sound like a dipshit.  a dry well..haha..i have to hand to you bob..i like your little one liners..someone buy you a book of those or something...or is that standard operation procedure for an IFBB hack like yourself?
footloose and fancy free

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2010, 04:46:13 AM »

time to move on bob..because you look and sound like a dipshit.  a dry well..haha..i have to hand to you bob..i like your little one liners..someone buy you a book of those or something...or is that standard operation procedure for an IFBB hack like yourself?

Very funny....especially from someone who failed to address what I wrote...doesnt really bolster your argument does it?

Its standard operation when you're dealing with someone who cant understand logic

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2010, 04:57:28 AM »
Yes, but it's difficult to truly excel when time/energy are divided between two careers.  It's almost impossible to have a meaningful professional career while pursuing bodybuilding as well.

Tell that to the aforementioned Ronnie Coleman, who was a cop for most of his bodybuilding career, INCLUDING his first three years as Mr. Olympia.

Then, you have Lee Labrada as an engineer, or Porter Cottrell as a firefighter.

And, wasn't Markus Ruhl selling cars, during many of his bodybuilding years?

Throw in Joel Stubbs, an airline pilot, and Leo Ingram (a retired Chief Petty Officer, from the Navy) and it seems pursuing a meaningful career ain't so hard, after all.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2010, 05:10:39 AM »
Very funny....especially from someone who failed to address what I wrote...doesnt really bolster your argument does it?

Its standard operation when you're dealing with someone who cant understand logic

you win bob..you have officially bored me to death...
footloose and fancy free

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2010, 05:17:32 AM »

yes bob...and everyone who smokes pot has a prescription for it...correct? good argument...i'll move on because you sound ignorant.

i have no hard on for anyone..someone brought up the entitlement complex of bodybuilders and i chimed in...ronnie was obviously (well, to everyone but you) using PEDs...i just thought it pretty hypocritical to walk around and enforce the laws yet turning a blind eye towards his obvious usage of PEDs--because every normal person is able to walk around at 300lbs..shredded to the bone... with 22 inch arms...---

No..every speeding ticket i got..i deserved...and paid.  

and please don't take me for an ignorant teenager...we all know that bodybuilders don't have prescriptions for the stuff they use...let's be honest here bob...you can save your smoke blowing for the bodybuilding magazines.

The point he's making is simple: Pointing out someone else's trangressions (actual or alleged) DOES NOT absolve you from being punished, if you break the law.