Author Topic: Is There Anything God Can't Do?  (Read 40433 times)

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
Re: Is There Anything God Can't Do?
« Reply #225 on: March 26, 2010, 06:31:36 AM »

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #226 on: March 26, 2010, 10:03:17 AM »
Hey Nec, unless you actually understand the Bible you should really not speak. All you are doing is taking a quote here and a quote there and fitting it to your argument without any sense of context or historical understanding. BTW, the sabbath is no more since Christ relieved us from it, and even it were, exactly what 'work' would an infant do to break the sabbath? Your arguments make absolutely no sense at all.

SG

did i say infants? i thought i said children but let i could be wrong. You don't have to read a whole pile of shit to know something is shit. I don't have to listen to everything hitler said to know he hates jews, your logic is non sequitor, but goverment controlled you always fail to use logic. The fact that god at any point ordered death to those who work on the sabbath is fucking ridiculous, you can't defend it.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #227 on: March 26, 2010, 10:40:37 AM »
The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever.  It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy.  Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy.  Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community.  Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest.  I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.'  (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

THATS anyone baby, anyone, kids die for doing shit on sunday, moral as fuck.

I see your point Necrosis, but on a side note, somebody once said:

"But imagine - what would happen if everyone in the world kept the Sabbath? Imagine one day a week when no cars, planes or boats guzzled gas, no factories coughed out polluted stench, no TVs, stereos, or computers leeched electricity? Just imagine the health benefits if everyone rested once a week! And how many road deaths (the majority of which occur on weekends) would be avoided."

Religion aside, something to think about.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: March 26, 2010, 02:50:31 PM »
I see your point Necrosis, but on a side note, somebody once said:

"But imagine - what would happen if everyone in the world kept the Sabbath? Imagine one day a week when no cars, planes or boats guzzled gas, no factories coughed out polluted stench, no TVs, stereos, or computers leeched electricity? Just imagine the health benefits if everyone rested once a week! And how many road deaths (the majority of which occur on weekends) would be avoided."

Religion aside, something to think about.

not so sure resting one day a week would have many health benefits, depends on how one lives there life. Rest if you saying bedrest or no activity is not really a good thing for a healthy person, activity is more beneficial, enjoyment and sports would be more beneficial. No matter what way you cut it death is not an appropriate penalty, surely you see that? I can see the benefit of one day of rest but the factory stuff, work, business may not be feasible, nothing happening for one day a week might be economic death.

I see your point, i wont blindly argue against it just because that is my expected default position, im unsure if it would benefit or not. I just disagree with the punishment.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #229 on: March 26, 2010, 06:25:31 PM »

...more moronic bullshit.

Does this include doctors and nurses? Aid workers? Police?

The Luke

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #230 on: March 28, 2010, 09:14:37 AM »
What LMAO? hitler was all over the place, so your one quote trumps all the evidence and other quotes we have?????? seems logical? the logical conclusion is that hitler is a crazy ####, sociopathic, psychotic, murderous lunatic. You are insane if you think his de facto atheism was the driving force for the slaughter of other humans. Reading that statement makes me lulz, its so illogical my brain hurts.

Yet, you're the one, contributing Hitler's actions to an STD!!

logic and reason are the standard for which morality is measured, it has been said over and over. You cannot accept anything other then god so arguing with you is like banging your head against a wall, your mind is made up and nothing will deter you. Society, logic, reason, relationships etc.. all make the rules, morality is evolving as expected. We are more moral then we were 100 years ago, and will continue to progress. People like you who think homos are evil are likely to be phased out, hating others because of their life choices is hardly more.

One more time, WHOSE logic and whose reason?

If it's that of man, then my original statement (against which you've fumed for months) stands. And, that is atheism simply being man worshipping himself.

If you put man at the be-all-to-end-all of what's right and wrong, then you CANNOT refute that statement, because you have cited no other source (or no source period) for a standard of "right" and "wrong".

We all saw what Hitler's "logic" and "reason" ended up causing. And, it appears he did that "fluid" morality thing to a tee. But rather than celebrating this poster example of atheism-gone-wild, you and countless other godless folks have broken your collective necks to, not only distance yourselves from this fellow, but to try to cast him as a Christian.

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death.  Such evil must be purged from Israel.  (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

You should not let a sorceress live.  (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death.  (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

What exactly do you think these mediums were doing, baking cookies and singing Kum Bah Yah?

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.  (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness.  (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)

2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death.  They are guilty of a capital offense.  (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

And this is a problem, because..........Cursing someone (and, NO, I don't mean simple profane words) was something MAJOR.

The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever.  It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy.  Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy.  Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community.  Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest.  I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.'  (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

THATS anyone baby, anyone, kids die for doing shit on sunday, moral as fuck.

Of course, with no example of such happening, your hysterical rant can be brushed off as just that.

you are being willingly ignorant, god ordered all the infants to be killed, infanticide. The us or anyone bombing somewhere are not targeting kids, big difference. If i was a general and bombed iraq and then said go in after and kill all the babies and kids who are alive, wouldn't that be fucking sick? The fact that warfare back then would limit innocent victims, and god still wanted the kids killed shows his character=hitler. For one, the baby is not alive, you have a different deal altogether here. Most abortions are on fetuses with no neurological development to speak, feel no pain, have no thoughts etc.. Comparing infanticide of living children to abortion is like comparing raping a living person to necrophilia.

What do you think happens when you drop a bomb on someone? You do so WITH THE FULL KNOWLEDGE that women and children WILL BE KILLED. What you're doing (as usual) is arguing semantics. Killing kids isn't that bad, as long as it's impersonal.

The term, "fetus", is a cushy term used so that people don't have to call babies what they really are and justify destroying them. And your other claims have been dismantled by medical scientific discovery (something atheists swear up and down they uphold....heck, they all but bow before it). Babies have neurological developments (to say the least) and functioning brains and that occurs before the woman EVEN KNOWS SHE'S pregnant.

I wont get into this argument with you as you are using your diversion tactic as always, confounding the argument with new topics, skewing the argument, and cherry picking. Not to mention willingly ignoring points, creating the best strawmen and failing in general.

GOD ORDERS THOSE WHO WORK ON A FUCKING DAY TO BE KILLED, KILLED? lol, fucking insane you defend this non-sensical bullshit. You live your life by this shit? you work on sunday? if so be a good christian and put a 22 to your dome.

You first!!! Since you have no moral compass, you can do so, just for the sake of satisfying that floating morality compass of yours.

That would be the one that says morality is fluid, yet those who ascribe to such whine and complain when man takes that premise to its ultimate conclusion (as Hitler, Mao, Stalin, et al. did all to well, with all-too-tragic consequences).

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #231 on: March 28, 2010, 12:50:30 PM »
...more moronic bullshit.

Does this include doctors and nurses? Aid workers? Police?

The Luke

No, Jesus healed on the Sabbath and taught people to do good on the Sabbath, and so can aid workers, doctors and nurses.  But it would be the least busy day of the week for all of them, wouldn't it be?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #232 on: March 29, 2010, 05:43:31 AM »
I can see the benefit of one day of rest but the factory stuff, work, business may not be feasible, nothing happening for one day a week might be economic death.

Chick-fil-A, the second-largest quick-service chicken restaurant chain in the country, gives all employees Sunday off to spend with family, to relax and to express their faith if they choose to do so. Yet, Chick-fil-A generates more sales in six days than most national chains produce in seven. Closing on Sunday is just one of the “principles before profits” ingredients in founder Truett Cathy's inspiring recipe-for-success.

“I was not so committed to financial success that I was willing to abandon my principles and priorities. One of the most visible examples of this is our decision to close on Sunday. Our decision to close on Sunday was our way of honoring God and of directing our attention to things that mattered more than our business.”

Chick-fil-A is the only major fast-food restaurant chain to be closed on Sundays, one of the busiest days of the week in the restaurant business. Despite being closed on Sundays, Truett Cathy has led Chick-fil-A on an unparalleled record of 40 consecutive years of sales increases, with its core free-standing restaurants achieving higher sales per unit in six days (with shorter operating hours) than most major chains in the industry.

http://www.truettcathy.com/about_recipe.asp

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #233 on: March 29, 2010, 07:44:33 PM »
Chick-fil-A, the second-largest quick-service chicken restaurant chain in the country, gives all employees Sunday off to spend with family, to relax and to express their faith if they choose to do so. Yet, Chick-fil-A generates more sales in six days than most national chains produce in seven. Closing on Sunday is just one of the “principles before profits” ingredients in founder Truett Cathy's inspiring recipe-for-success.

“I was not so committed to financial success that I was willing to abandon my principles and priorities. One of the most visible examples of this is our decision to close on Sunday. Our decision to close on Sunday was our way of honoring God and of directing our attention to things that mattered more than our business.”

Chick-fil-A is the only major fast-food restaurant chain to be closed on Sundays, one of the busiest days of the week in the restaurant business. Despite being closed on Sundays, Truett Cathy has led Chick-fil-A on an unparalleled record of 40 consecutive years of sales increases, with its core free-standing restaurants achieving higher sales per unit in six days (with shorter operating hours) than most major chains in the industry.

http://www.truettcathy.com/about_recipe.asp

The man who married me and my wife is also a caterer. He does NOTHING work-related (except for preaching, on occasion) on Sunday.

Yet, he has prospered for years. So, the rumors of "economic death" for business are greatly exaggerated.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: March 29, 2010, 10:18:10 PM »
Yet, you're the one, contributing Hitler's actions to an STD!!

um so? he had syphilis, the tertiary form is neurosyphilis among other things, slow dementia is very possible, perhaps a contributing factor. Hard to say, regardless, your point?

One more time, WHOSE logic and whose reason?

If it's that of man, then my original statement (against which you've fumed for months) stands. And, that is atheism simply being man worshipping himself.

If you put man at the be-all-to-end-all of what's right and wrong, then you CANNOT refute that statement, because you have cited no other source (or no source period) for a standard of "right" and "wrong".

We all saw what Hitler's "logic" and "reason" ended up causing. And, it appears he did that "fluid" morality thing to a tee. But rather than celebrating this poster example of atheism-gone-wild, you and countless other godless folks have broken your collective necks to, not only distance yourselves from this fellow, but to try to cast him as a Christian.

why is it always a who, the standard is man, logic and reason. That explains why things in the bible are immoral now, we have progressed as would be predicted. Slavery is no longer moral, it was previously, again another prediction. Your argument is like saying what is teh external source for the color BLUE? whose blue? i mean is it your blue, or my blue without a god to say what blue is we cannot know what blue is right? well its agreed upon what blue is by people, just like morality. No god needed, why are atheists more moral then christians, why is morality evolving, why do people dispute teh bibles morality if it is absolute?

What exactly do you think these mediums were doing, baking cookies and singing Kum Bah Yah?

And this is a problem, because..........Cursing someone (and, NO, I don't mean simple profane words) was something MAJOR.

Your right those damn mediums ::). Oh and cursing carries a penalty of death? fuck, sorry, i should be dead then. Seriously are you defending this shit? thought this was absolute, i mean god wrote it right? it should still hold today as he is unchanging, has your kid ever talked back to you? gave you sauce? if so kill him/her, seriously get a clue dude.

Of course, with no example of such happening, your hysterical rant can be brushed off as just that.

Again if your argument is that there is no said example then it is fine, that shows the statements immorality. If i were to find an example your statment implies that this is wrong, does it not? So you agree that people working on sundays, thats a whole lot of people right now should die. Regardless, the statement at anytime is retarded beyond belief. He knows the fucking future, yet kills people for working on the day he created not to work on, but knew they would work on. Ya that makes perfect sense ::)

What do you think happens when you drop a bomb on someone? You do so WITH THE FULL KNOWLEDGE that women and children WILL BE KILLED. What you're doing (as usual) is arguing semantics. Killing kids isn't that bad, as long as it's impersonal.

The term, "fetus", is a cushy term used so that people don't have to call babies what they really are and justify destroying them. And your other claims have been dismantled by medical scientific discovery (something atheists swear up and down they uphold....heck, they all but bow before it). Babies have neurological developments (to say the least) and functioning brains and that occurs before the woman EVEN KNOWS SHE'S pregnant.

You first!!! Since you have no moral compass, you can do so, just for the sake of satisfying that floating morality compass of yours.

That would be the one that says morality is fluid, yet those who ascribe to such whine and complain when man takes that premise to its ultimate conclusion (as Hitler, Mao, Stalin, et al. did all to well, with all-too-tragic consequences).

what is this medical breakthrough, LMAO. You are spouting shit as usual, the mapping of the human fetus as it grows is well known. OMG neurons, it must be alive. Again, killing kids is never right, there is a difference between ordering the slaughter of kids versus casualties of war, if you cannot see this then you are either stupid or blind with faith. Why dont i have a moral compass again? i have already told you what dictates my morality, logic,reason,knowledge that guides me and every sane person. I can figure out that raping a kid is immoral, incest is immoral all without ever reading the bible. I think your god is immoral, how could i think that if he endowed me with absolute moral traits? shouldn't i agree with the killing of kids who curse on there parents? The definition of when a baby is alive is tricky, could it live outside the uterus, if not it is not really a living entity i would reckon. I can go through some embryology if you like since i actually have studied it unlike some ::)

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #235 on: March 31, 2010, 06:48:38 AM »
Haven't had much time to post other than a few min here and there, but here is an interesting hypothesis on science and morality.

Most educated, secular people (and this includes most scientists, academics, and journalists) seem to believe that there is no such thing as moral truth—only moral preference, moral opinion, and emotional reactions that we mistake for genuine knowledge of right and wrong, or good and evil. While I make the case for a universal conception of morality in much greater depth in my forthcoming book, The Moral Landscape: How Science Can Determine Human Values , I’d like to address the most common criticisms I’ve received thus far in response to my remarks at TED.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #236 on: March 31, 2010, 08:01:27 AM »

um so? he had syphilis, the tertiary form is neurosyphilis among other things, slow dementia is very possible, perhaps a contributing factor. Hard to say, regardless, your point?

My point is this ridiculous attempt to paint Hitler's actions as being driven by an STD, as opposed to his end result of his "fluid" morality is beyond ridiculous and way past bordering on absurd.

why is it always a who, the standard is man, logic and reason. That explains why things in the bible are immoral now, we have progressed as would be predicted. Slavery is no longer moral, it was previously, again another prediction. Your argument is like saying what is teh external source for the color BLUE? whose blue? i mean is it your blue, or my blue without a god to say what blue is we cannot know what blue is right? well its agreed upon what blue is by people, just like morality. No god needed, why are atheists more moral then christians, why is morality evolving, why do people dispute teh bibles morality if it is absolute?

"Slavery is no longer moral"....says who? If man's morality is fluid, then there's no reason why, if slavery is no longer moral, it can't be moral once again.

As for atheists being more moral than Christians, that's more double-talk on your end. You have a floating standard of morality (to this day, you have yet to officially cite a source).

People question the Bible's morality, because they want to do their own thing. As stated earlier, they want to worship themselves and put THEIR standard (whatever the heck that is) above Scripture.

And, if the standard is man's logic and reason (as you've just stated), then you've just validated what I've said about atheism from the start. It is simply and effectively MAN WORSHIPPING HIMSELF.

Again if your argument is that there is no said example then it is fine, that shows the statements immorality. If i were to find an example your statment implies that this is wrong, does it not? So you agree that people working on sundays, thats a whole lot of people right now should die. Regardless, the statement at anytime is retarded beyond belief. He knows the fucking future, yet kills people for working on the day he created not to work on, but knew they would work on. Ya that makes perfect sense

What part of free will don't you get? People have the ability to choose to obey or disobey. Of course, there are consequences (positive and negative) for obedience and disobedience. So, this latest wailing of yours sounds like the standard "why-can't-I-break-the-rules-without-facing-the-consequences" routine.

what is this medical breakthrough, LMAO. You are spouting shit as usual, the mapping of the human fetus as it grows is well known. OMG neurons, it must be alive. Again, killing kids is never right, there is a difference between ordering the slaughter of kids versus casualties of war, if you cannot see this then you are either stupid or blind with faith. Why dont i have a moral compass again? i have already told you what dictates my morality, logic,reason,knowledge that guides me and every sane person. I can figure out that raping a kid is immoral, incest is immoral all without ever reading the bible. I think your god is immoral, how could i think that if he endowed me with absolute moral traits? shouldn't i agree with the killing of kids who curse on there parents? The definition of when a baby is alive is tricky, could it live outside the uterus, if not it is not really a living entity i would reckon. I can go through some embryology if you like since i actually have studied it unlike some

You're dehumanizing an unborn baby, to justify its destruction based on convenience; yet you're whining about infanticide. That's rich. Also, listen to what you just said...."casualties of war".

That's exactly what those children, in the Old Testament, were. So, your wailing is based on nothing but semantics. Would those children be any less DEAD if bombs were used vs. swords?

When the Japanese hit us at Pearl Harbor and we dropped the A-Bomb on them, DIDN'T THEIR KIDS pay the price for their parents' mistakes? OF COURSE!!

That's happening NOW, with the war on terror.

Hitler's "logic and reason" guided him, too. As did the "logic and reason" of Stalin and Mao. We all know the results of that.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: March 31, 2010, 10:09:26 AM »
My point is this ridiculous attempt to paint Hitler's actions as being driven by an STD, as opposed to his end result of his "fluid" morality is beyond ridiculous and way past bordering on absurd.

so a neurological illness to explain dementia is absurd? i suppose if he walked funny pointing out his parkisons is equally ridiculous. You are misrepresenting my argument as usually, i have stated numerous times he was a sociopathic, murderous,lunatic with a disease as well. Perhaps you miss the point, he was crazy, a deviant. I only pointed out his religious beliefs when people like you try to claim his atheism caused him to murder millions, a ludacris argument. His morality was not fluid, what the fuck are you talking about, no sane person would agree that it is fine to commit genocide ::).

"Slavery is no longer moral"....says who? If man's morality is fluid, then there's no reason why, if slavery is no longer moral, it can't be moral once again.

because its against the law to have slaves, no one accepts slavery. We would have to devolve for this to occur, as a society at large we have concluded it is immoral. Morality is decided by humans, just like every other construct.

As for atheists being more moral than Christians, that's more double-talk on your end. You have a floating standard of morality (to this day, you have yet to officially cite a source).

what do you mean source? so it has to have an outside source then? where is your evidence of this. the more atheistic the country the less crime. Prison populations have less atheists per percentile then the religious, want more? Why cant morality be fluid and evolving, i have yet to see why this isn't the case.

People question the Bible's morality, because they want to do their own thing. As stated earlier, they want to worship themselves and put THEIR standard (whatever the heck that is) above Scripture.

And, if the standard is man's logic and reason (as you've just stated), then you've just validated what I've said about atheism from the start. It is simply and effectively MAN WORSHIPPING HIMSELF.

what the fuck is with the worshipping, are you a puppet that needs somethign to worship? all it shows is that man can make his own moral conclusions without the bible, that no external source is needed. If i disagree with the morality in the bible my criterion is not from the bible

What part of free will don't you get? People have the ability to choose to obey or disobey. Of course, there are consequences (positive and negative) for obedience and disobedience. So, this latest wailing of yours sounds like the standard "why-can't-I-break-the-rules-without-facing-the-consequences" routine.

umm no, it sounds like god knows all so he knew your choice hence making free will an illusion, show me how this is not the case.

You're dehumanizing an unborn baby, to justify its destruction based on convenience; yet you're whining about infanticide. That's rich. Also, listen to what you just said...."casualties of war".

That's exactly what those children, in the Old Testament, were. So, your wailing is based on nothing but semantics. Would those children be any less DEAD if bombs were used vs. swords?

NO YOU SICK BASTARD. god ordered the kids to be killed, he went out of his way to ensure the mass murder of kids and infants. We try to avoid this at all costs, however, casualties will occur but they are to be minimized. In fact some of the extremist groups would gather with children in battle as the states etc.. would not kill the children, essentially fucking up the operations. ITS NOT SEMANTICS PSYCHO, one ordered the death of innocent kids the other are trying to eliminate adults and avoid kids. Again if a general now a days said after we bomb them go in a slit all the kids thoats and drown the babies he would face a penalty of death for numerous reasons. Get the point? dehumanizing an unborn baby? dude you have to have a basis for your argument. Where does the human start. I mean it cant live outside the womb at 7 months for the most part. I has no neurological development in the early stages, when is it a human, when it is outside the womb functioning like a human. How about when i jerk off is that abortion, since i have just wasted semen which could potentially be a child? Seriously what are the criteria for human? otherwise you are just blowing smoke and rambling as usual

When the Japanese hit us at Pearl Harbor and we dropped the A-Bomb on them, DIDN'T THEIR KIDS pay the price for their parents' mistakes? OF COURSE!!

That's happening NOW, with the war on terror.

Hitler's "logic and reason" guided him, too. As did the "logic and reason" of Stalin and Mao. We all know the results of that.

OK, read above for the kid example yet again, i wont continue that futile argument if you miss the point again. I agree with hitler andstalin and mao's logic, what does that have to do with anything? they are deviants, social misshaps, exactly what we would expect from a moral code without god, not what we would expect if god entrenched a moral code in us. Why do you fail so much.

If there is no god, are you saying that you would see it fine to rape babies and kill others? please answer.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #238 on: March 31, 2010, 08:51:23 PM »

because its against the law to have slaves, no one accepts slavery. We would have to devolve for this to occur, as a society at large we have concluded it is immoral. Morality is decided by humans, just like every other construct.

Point missed by a country mile. At one point (in the USA) it was LEGAL to own slaves (chattel). In many countries, IT STILL IS LEGAL. Does that mean that the countries in which slavery is still legal are acting "morally" or not? After all, they used their "logic" and "reason" to conclude that chattel slavery was good for their society.

So if humans decide in a manner that you don't like, you STILL (per your wacky atheistic standard) have no room to complain, as they are merely exercising that "fluid" morality stuff.

what do you mean source? so it has to have an outside source then? where is your evidence of this. the more atheistic the country the less crime. Prison populations have less atheists per percentile then the religious, want more? Why cant morality be fluid and evolving, i have yet to see why this isn't the case.

PLEASE!! That prison population mess is as flimsy as soggy tissue. Those prisoners, more often than not, cite their parents' religious denomination (despite likely not having been to church or actively involved in religious activity IN YEARS).

Once again, if morality is "fluid", why are you blubbering when it flows in a way that you don't particularly like?

what the fuck is with the worshipping, are you a puppet that needs somethign to worship? all it shows is that man can make his own moral conclusions without the bible, that no external source is needed. If i disagree with the morality in the bible my criterion is not from the bible

Yet, when someone else draws his own moral conclusions, you get all bent out of shape and start wailing bleating like a wounded sheep!! If you want to make your own moral conclusions, don't cry when someone else does the same, with the results being adverse to YOU.

NO YOU SICK BASTARD. god ordered the kids to be killed, he went out of his way to ensure the mass murder of kids and infants. We try to avoid this at all costs, however, casualties will occur but they are to be minimized. In fact some of the extremist groups would gather with children in battle as the states etc.. would not kill the children, essentially fucking up the operations. ITS NOT SEMANTICS PSYCHO, one ordered the death of innocent kids the other are trying to eliminate adults and avoid kids. Again if a general now a days said after we bomb them go in a slit all the kids thoats and drown the babies he would face a penalty of death for numerous reasons. Get the point? dehumanizing an unborn baby? dude you have to have a basis for your argument. Where does the human start. I mean it cant live outside the womb at 7 months for the most part. I has no neurological development in the early stages, when is it a human, when it is outside the womb functioning like a human. How about when i jerk off is that abortion, since i have just wasted semen which could potentially be a child? Seriously what are the criteria for human? otherwise you are just blowing smoke and rambling as usual

More semantics. Bombs or swords, those kids are JUST AS DEAD!! And your neurological development argument it patently false. But, that seems to be your cup of tea. As long as you THINK unborn babies aren't really babies, hacking them up for convenience's sake doesn't seem to be a problem.

As for your other comments, I have no desire to know about what you do with your hands, besides typing on this forum.

A baby can't live outside the womb for seven months? Are you sniffing paint thinner today? We've seen preemie babies less than 7 months old, that have been KEPT ALIVE and have gone on to be regularly functioning people. A friend of my wife is unfortunately struggling financially, trying to pay medical bills for her PREMATURE BABY (who's now just over a year old). She gave birth to him, at the six-month mark.

OK, read above for the kid example yet again, i wont continue that futile argument if you miss the point again. I agree with hitler andstalin and mao's logic, what does that have to do with anything? they are deviants, social misshaps, exactly what we would expect from a moral code without god, not what we would expect if god entrenched a moral code in us. Why do you fail so much.

If there is no god, are you saying that you would see it fine to rape babies and kill others? please answer.

Exactly what makes them "deviants"? The Germans and Russians thought they were just ducky. Once again, all Adolf and Joe were doing was exercising that good ol' "fluid" morality, which you love so much. To be a "deviant", you must drift from a certain moral standard. What, do tell, is this standard from which those two strayed?

As for your other silly question, first, there is a God. So, your trap question holds no water. Second, perhaps, the folks in NAMBLA would be better suited to answer that.

Since there is a God, and He says rape and murder is a no-no, I'll go by His standard and say that, NO, I don't think raping babies is fine. In case you missed it, rape was a CAPITAL OFFENSE in the Old Testament (as was murder).

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #239 on: March 31, 2010, 08:54:58 PM »
McWay,

You keep harping on about "fluid" morality... why?

Why use the quotation marks...?

I don't remember anyone else espousing the model of secular morality you keep ascribing to atheists... are you quoting your own misconceptions?

The Luke

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #240 on: March 31, 2010, 09:01:29 PM »
McWay,

You keep harping on about "fluid" morality... why?

Why use the quotation marks...?

I don't remember anyone else espousing the model of secular morality you keep ascribing to atheists... are you quoting your own misconceptions?

The Luke

I use the quotation marks, because the words came from a link, cited by YngiweRhoads . I stated that several days ago.

The issue that certain atheists are loathed to face is the "logical" conclusion of their fluid morality, that someone can use their own "logic" and "reason" to end up pulling a Hitler or a Stalin. If man can define his own morality, then neither you nor Necrosis are in any position to complain about their acts being "immoral", as they had every right to define their own morality as the two of you do (per atheistic standards).

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #241 on: March 31, 2010, 09:10:16 PM »
I use the quotation marks, because the words came from a link, cited by Ynghwie Roads. I stated that several days ago.

Well, can you give it a rest... you don't understand relative morality; moral evolution; or even morality itself.

You come on here defending every bestial savage immoral act of barbarism in the Bible, then attack atheists as being somehow morally inferior.

It's ridiculous.

I realise that you can't really think for yourself and so need some sort of moral authority... but why criticise those who have evolved beyond Bronze Age brutality and in turn reject it...? These people are your moral superiors. Study after study have shown that atheists are the MOST moral sector of any society.

Why not recognise your own cognitive shortfalls, maybe even work to improve yourself?

The Luke

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: March 31, 2010, 09:12:56 PM »
you are lost mcway.

answer the question, if god does not exist does that mean it is ok to rape babies and kill others at your whim? if not why?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #243 on: March 31, 2010, 09:24:00 PM »
you are lost mcway.

answer the question, if god does not exist does that mean it is ok to rape babies and kill others at your whim? if not why?

I answered it, Einstein. But, just to recap:

One, God does exist. So, your scenario holds no water and I can answer that such is not "OK" (hence the reason that both rape and murder were capital offenses in Scripture).

Two, as stated far too many times, if there is no God, man IS LEFT TO HIS OWN DEVICES. That means that you and Necrosis can't say JACK about folks like Stalin and Hitler, or those lovely folks from NAMBLA. All they are doing is exercising that fluid morality, that is so high on the atheistic totem pole.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #244 on: March 31, 2010, 09:33:38 PM »
Well, can you give it a rest... you don't understand relative morality; moral evolution; or even morality itself.

You come on here defending every bestial savage immoral act of barbarism in the Bible, then attack atheists as being somehow morally inferior.

It's ridiculous.

What's ridiculous is you complaining about how "immoral" the Bible is, yet subscribing to relative morality and so-called moral evolution.

We've seen plenty of example of such evolving into things that you don't find too kosher. But, as you have no set standard of "right" and "wrong", your complaints make you sound quite silly!!

I realise that you can't really think for yourself and so need some sort of moral authority... but why criticise those who have evolved beyond Bronze Age brutality and in turn reject it...? These people are your moral superiors. Study after study have shown that atheists are the MOST moral sector of any society.

PLEASE!!! Study after study have shown that Christians are undoubtedly THE MOST CHARITABLE folks on this Earth. They've helped the helpless, when the so-called moral superiors left them to starve and die.

They've clothed the naked and cared for widows, and they've done so FOR CENTURIED, while the self-proclaimed enlightened folk were MIA.

We have two of the BIGGEST card-carrying examples of atheism, whose body counts (again) make the Crusades look like a Hooters catfight. People from whom you'd love to historically distance yourself, because they followed the logical conclusion of atheistic fluid morality, with drastically tragic results.

Why not recognise your own cognitive shortfalls, maybe even work to improve yourself?

The Luke

I've improved myself significantly over the years. Fortunately, that doesn't require subscribing to the atheist nonsense of self-worship and deifying man.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #245 on: April 01, 2010, 12:20:28 AM »
Energizer bunny here... :o
I hate the State.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #246 on: April 01, 2010, 05:27:33 AM »
Wow...

McWay, you've won me over... I now realise that Super-Christey Fundie Jeebusness is the way to go.

After all, here I was thinking things through and basing my arguments in reality, when I could have simply changed sides; allowing me to fabricate a fictitious reality conforming to my own prejudices and misconceptions... a reality wherein I am never wrong as the things I believe are true and just based solely on faith.

So, now that I've accepted Jeebus as my personal saviour... could you help me be a proper Christian?

Tomorrow morning I'm going to honour-kill my disobedient mouthy children; stone to death that nice Wiccan hippie lady down the street; murder all infidels (starting with the homosexuals); and beat my disobedient slaves.

Anything I'm missing there? Are any of Amolek's descendants still around? 'Cause I know I have to kill them all; be they women, children or swaddling babes.

Can I have my slaves do some of the killing for me? It seems like a lot of murdering to be a good Christian, and I want to be finished by the Sabbath.

The Luke

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #247 on: April 01, 2010, 06:41:50 AM »
God does exist.

Pretty extraordinary claim to make with zero evidence. You're funny.

Two, as stated far too many times, if there is no God, man IS LEFT TO HIS OWN DEVICES. That means that you and Necrosis can't say JACK about folks like Stalin and Hitler, or those lovely folks from NAMBLA. All they are doing is exercising that fluid morality, that is so high on the atheistic totem pole.

Hitler, apparently, was a Theist. Not a Christian. Not an Atheist. Not that it matters. He was probably one of the worst humans to ever have lived and both Theists and Atheists, almost universally, agree with this and both groups denounce his actions vehemently.

Just wondering MCWAY. How much of a fundamentalist are you? Do you take everything the Bible says in literal terms? Such as creating the the universe in a few days, Adam and Eve, Noah and Moses, for example.

What do you think of scientific hypotheses and theories such as evolution, the age of the universe, dinosaurs, the possibility of life on other planets, or the possibility that life may not have originated on Earth? How do you reconcile these subjects with the writings contained in the bible? These are just a few well known topics I'm using as examples of course.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #248 on: April 01, 2010, 07:26:37 AM »
PLEASE!!! Study after study have shown that Christians are undoubtedly THE MOST CHARITABLE folks on this Earth. They've helped the helpless, when the so-called moral superiors left them to starve and die.

They've clothed the naked and cared for widows, and they've done so FOR CENTURIED, while the self-proclaimed enlightened folk were MIA.

Now who do you think opposes universal health care in the US and who do you think supports it?

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #249 on: April 01, 2010, 07:54:43 AM »
Now who do you think opposes universal health care in the US and who do you think supports it?

Most charitable and giving...

The Luke