Author Topic: Obama & Lindsey Grahmm pushing National ID Card as part of immigration bill?  (Read 3174 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
I think kcballer is under the impression that there is now way to identify weather or not someone is a legal citizen?

Many of these invaders will self deport if we get rid of the welfare, benes, handouts, etc. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
I think kcballer is under the impression that there is now way to identify weather or not someone is a legal citizen?

Not at all eyeball.  I understand there are pieces of ID in place that can be used.  333 want's it to be your SS number.  I think that is a flawed logic.  I prefer a more stringent passport like ID.  Harder to rip off, easier to detect fraud and it's something we all must have in order to work.  I'd be fine with another form of ID as well.  But what i am against is this bullsh*t witch hunt people like 333 seem to want where ICE can stop anyone and demand ID.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Not at all eyeball.  I understand there are pieces of ID in place that can be used.  333 want's it to be your SS number.  I think that is a flawed logic.  I prefer a more stringent passport like ID.  Harder to rip off, easier to detect fraud and it's something we all must have in order to work.  I'd be fine with another form of ID as well.  But what i am against is this bullsh*t witch hunt people like 333 seem to want where ICE can stop anyone and demand ID.

I dont want a witch hunt, just an illegal alien hunt. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
I dont want a witch hunt, just an illegal alien hunt. 

at what cost of rights to american citizens?  What you're proposing is the immigration equivalent of the patriot act.  fu*k the rights of americans we're here to get the illegals.
Abandon every hope...

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
kc   how terrible is it to be asked for id?  if a cop asked you for your id are you going to melt or vaporize?  no,  u r legal  show him  go on.  if it meant getting rid of all illegals  i wouldnt mind if i was asked ten times a day

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
Wonder what the cost of mandating and improving the e-verify system is?

I definitely like the idea of cracking down on illegal workers and employers that hire them (and all the taxes we miss from them) but I'm not sure that a national ID card is the best way.  Especially since it's something else we'll have to purchase and update.  It's already a pain in the ass getting the licence renewed every 4 yrs.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Especially since it's something else we'll have to purchase and update. 

Exactly.  If the idea's not there now, I think it will be in the future.  I think it's nothing more than a revenue generator for the government.  Maybe start it off with a $35.00 "administrative fee", which grows to $50.00, etc., etc...

Mons Venus

This is from the WSJ, I guess Big Mal, 240, Mons, and KC are going to say I am using fringe sources.   ::)  ::)

As a Republican I say close the borders

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
As a Republican I say close the borders

Tell that to mclame, graham, obama, menendez and the rest of these bums.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Not at all eyeball.  I understand there are pieces of ID in place that can be used.  333 want's it to be your SS number.  I think that is a flawed logic.  I prefer a more stringent passport like ID.  Harder to rip off, easier to detect fraud and it's something we all must have in order to work.  I'd be fine with another form of ID as well.  But what i am against is this bullsh*t witch hunt people like 333 seem to want where ICE can stop anyone and demand ID.

Like you said though, why should my privacy be invaded by the federal government?  I'm not a criminal, they are.

Why not just cut out all the benefits that attract these people, deport them when they are identified (without actively seeking them) and enforce the laws that are on the books.  When a non citizen is deported and not allowed to reenter I would imagine that in some cases family of that illegal would also voluntarily leave.

That would reduce the number of illegals drastically.  

I do understand what you're saying about a witch hunt though, and I agree that actively seeking these people with the possibility of harassing citizens could be a big problem.
S

kcballer

• Getbig V
Like you said though, why should my privacy be invaded by the federal government?  I'm not a criminal, they are.

Why not just cut out all the benefits that attract these people, deport them when they are identified (without actively seeking them) and enforce the laws that are on the books.  When a non citizen is deported and not allowed to reenter I would imagine that in some cases family of that illegal would also voluntarily leave.

That would reduce the number of illegals drastically.  

I do understand what you're saying about a witch hunt though, and I agree that actively seeking these people with the possibility of harassing citizens could be a big problem.

I agree.  Harsher penalties for employers, deportation of illegals and a stricter control on the border.  I do wonder though, just how drastically our economy will be effected by a sudden decrease in cheap labor.  I imagine a lot of things will go up in price because of this, i just hope people are prepared for that because lets face it a lot of illegals do sh*tty dangerous work without fair compensation and without any workers rights. 
Abandon every hope...

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I agree.  Harsher penalties for employers, deportation of illegals and a stricter control on the border.  I do wonder though, just how drastically our economy will be effected by a sudden decrease in cheap labor.  I imagine a lot of things will go up in price because of this, i just hope people are prepared for that because lets face it a lot of illegals do sh*tty dangerous work without fair compensation and without any workers rights. 

That isn't entirely true either of the agricultural or construction business which uses a lot of illegal labor.  Instead of passing on the savings to the consumer the company uses said savings to boost their profit margin.  Not saying this is a bad thing, but it is what I see in my line of work. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
That isn't entirely true either of the agricultural or construction business which uses a lot of illegal labor.  Instead of passing on the savings to the consumer the company uses said savings to boost their profit margin.  Not saying this is a bad thing, but it is what I see in my line of work. 

Very true and good point.  This is why i don't think tax cuts alone in a depressed economy lead to anything other than increased profits for shareholders. 
Abandon every hope...

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The card would need to be part of a better overall immigration plan, including harsher penalties for employers, real enforcement, appropriate deportation and closing the border.  I am not necessarily opposed to the cards if there isn't a better way.  The biggest problem is the illegal labor and not generating taxation (so the rest of us that do pay our taxes get hit worse as the gov cannot control it's spending).

kcballer

• Getbig V
The card would need to be part of a better overall immigration plan, including harsher penalties for employers, real enforcement, appropriate deportation and closing the border.  I am not necessarily opposed to the cards if there isn't a better way.  The biggest problem is the illegal labor and not generating taxation (so the rest of us that do pay our taxes get hit worse as the gov cannot control it's spending).

Perhaps the card could go towards funding a stricter enforcement of the border.  That alone is going to be a large bill.  Also shoot here is something for you hypothetically - if it was cheaper for America to let illegals in rather than the cost of keeping them out what would you decide?
Abandon every hope...

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Economics are #1 to me but I think a country has to have closed borders for its own protection.  I don't see any way that allowing illegals in would be less expensive though (as far as overall costs).

I think we can learn from England's mistake.  We can't let people in who don't want to be citizens, don't want to be productive workers who contribute and who want to retain their own identity and nationality without any assimilation or pride becoming an American.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Why the fuck would I need a national ID card? Lets see I already have my birth certificate, drivers license, IL ID card, social security card........

More government encroachment on the American citizen.

This sounds similar to the Command Access Card that the military folks have, only on a more MASSIVE scale.