Author Topic: Youz Guyz Screwed Up!  (Read 6938 times)

lax

• Getbig IV
Re: Youz Guyz Screwed Up!
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2010, 02:05:37 PM »
You had your chance but for some reason you all screwed up and it's too damn late to do anything about it now!

They already picked the actor who will suit up as Captain America for a summer release next year probably right around the time when the NPC USA is held in Las Vegas.... (Have to tie this in with bodybuilding some way!)

A few of you GetBiggers could have filled that Capt America suit exceptionally well, but "Nooooooo!" - you were too damn busy pump'en up at the local gym instead of getting that Hollywood agent who would scream and shout on your behalf (the good ones do that) and make ya a few million dollars over the next three sequels.

So YOU didn't show up and they had to consider those that did.

And the following did ..... but only one was chosen..... But you probably know who that one is by now......

If not ..... then here are the guys who were given serious consideration ....

John Krasinski - the very funny guy from TV's The Office who is gnerally remembered by his facial expressions
Channing Tatum - You gotta know this actor by now.
Wilson Bethel - never saw him but he is a regular on "The Young and the Restless" TV show. Never saw that show neither.
Mike Vogel - currently appearing in  "She's Out of My League's" which I ain't yet.
Garrett Hedlund - whom you'll soon be seeing in Disney's "Tron"
Chace Crawford - the "Gossip Girl" TV series

I did notice that Bob Chick and a few of you other Super Hero looking persons failed to make that list and you can only blame yourself because in this case, they really were looking for someone with a muscular build to play the part but NO ONE with muscle showed up to be considered ... (Or something like that!)

So here is what we got ...... (see next post)

stunt, I believe it io Chris evans, who was the human torch in FF, who is playing cap

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2010, 02:09:13 PM »
Captain America was never a huge musclebound freak.  He was a lean man with defined muscle that depended on guns and his shield.  They are talking about Jon Hamm from MadMen playing this role.  He would be fucking spot on.  We don't need a retarded muscle bad actor playing this role.  Look at Bale and batman, he did a fantasic job.
He was always pretty deisel, but it depends on the artist, especially Joe Mad's version. In The Ultimates 3, he looked like he could take the USAs and the Mr. O the same day.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2010, 02:09:39 PM »
I agree with Only me entirely but the point I wanted to make with JNN is that there is a professional book available for individuals in search of a Hollywood agent.

But it does fail to say that you have got to have some prior background to obtain their interest no matter how well you comply with the directions offered in that book.

The book simply informs you what Hollywood agencies expect when you send them your 'package' such as a glassine envelope with your head shot displayed so that no one has to open that envelope to see what you look like, a properly prepared resume showing your previous experience and physical attributes, and other stuff that I have forgotten all about already.

Samuel French will even sell you a roll of previously addressed casting/or personal agent labels which you can peel off and stick on the envelope for mailing purposes.

It's all pretty standard and routine, but as Only states, You gotta have a background! if you expect most agencies to give you serious consideration

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2010, 02:27:28 PM »
chris evans isn't a jew, you chocolate coated version of Kurt Waldheim was that jew comment directed toward Adrian Brody?

Bahaha...

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2010, 02:30:30 PM »
Yea, Lax. Evans did play the torch guy part and now he will be Capt America according to the local news.

Here are some other movies he has in the works. (Thanks, IMDB)

Kill Your Darlings - In development

In Production
The First Avenger: Captain America (2011) (pre-production)
What's Your Number? (2011) (pre-production)
Satisfaction (2010/II) (pre-production)
Puncture (2011) (post-production)
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010) (post-production)

The Losers - Coming soon.

Damn nice to be set with a high paying job for the next couple of years and probably with no end in sight.

This Captain American acting opportunity is more than likely a major improvement in his current lifestyle even though he has been living rather well these past couple of years. Almost like winning the Cal Lotto,

Just think how those guys who were not selected feel now, JNN! Talk about missed opportunities! I bet ya that each of those guys hope that this Capt American movie is a major flop.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2010, 02:35:03 PM »
Good to hear about your continuing education, Bomz.

Abnormal psyche??! I took Psyche 1A once in the hopes that I could learn how to hypnotize people and needless to say, it wasn't included ... so I had to learn someplace else and got to be pretty good at it.

If you get a chance to reply,,,, let us know what "Abnormal Psyche" consists of. I think that's what I should have taken but it wasn't on the curriculum back then.  I think all things only became 'abnormal' many years later.

I got no idea what an Associate in English is or what job opportunities come with it (teaching English?) but I do know some limited shit about the medical profession because I used to train doctors how to exist within a war/combat zone just prior to sending them overseas to experience it first hand for themselves. (They promised me priority if I ever showed in a triage unit.)

One thing about those doctors I can vividly recall.... Each and every psychiatrist who I ran through that life saving combat school would beg me to find some way that would prevent them from being shipped overseas..... and in each and every case I'd respond ... "Are you crazy??!'

And their response was always... "Yes! We're psychiatrists ...  arn't we??!"

I guess you had to be there.

Anyway, good luck in school, Bomz. Good to hear that.

abnormal psych focuses on the symptons, causes, diagnoses, and treatment of mental disorders.

an associates is a bachelors degree, an "AA" (associates in arts)..... they also have bachelor degrees in science, and those are called "associates in science" or AS for short.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2010, 02:48:18 PM »
OK, Bomz, I understand the mental disorders thing cause I am one, but as far as those other "identifiers" (bachelors, associate, etc), I am completely lost'ed.

But since I graduated from college once, I should know that shit and I plan to research it on the net in the hope of smarting up a bit.

Those who know me well say that I went to college just to carry my lunch, get out, and join the Corps.

Little did they know that I had a genuine interest in Quantum Mechanics and seldom ever brag about 'cept to you wise asses on this board.

And come to think of it - I actually cannot remember a thing I ever learned in school other than my outside QM readings.

I can shoot pretty well though.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2010, 02:52:53 PM »
did they have target practice in school?  ;D

bachelors, or associates, same thing.. are the lowest official degree offered. still a college degree, but bottom of the barrell.  im getting mine to use so i can transfer to university. in order to get into a UC you have to have either 60 college units including 2 years foreing language and a host of other basic requirements; or you can have a degree or any kind. i chose the degree cause for me its easier- english is simple for me, and i dont want to do a foreign language

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2010, 03:04:58 PM »
Yes, way too much target practice in school.

And some times those targets were real live guys.

But mostly we'd practice with bullets and targets at 500 feet or more which targets were almost impossible to see when the early morning fog rolled in, and  grenades, and plastic explosives that you could mold into any shape your little heart desired before you stuck them on a tressal that you didn't want to be there  or a bridge that some bad guys needed, or a seemingly indistructable bunker, and claymores and Bouncing Bettys, and other destructive stuff.

Thanks for ask'en! Those were fun days.

Thanks for the degree info too, Bomz. I needed that.

Sometimes I think I should go back to school and learn how to be a civilian once again, but no one seems to offer that course. And I kind of look at it  like 'dumming down a bit' sometimes after a few hours on this GetBig board.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2010, 06:25:01 PM »
as informative and entertaining as this thread is, the best part is when stuntmovie referred to fatpanda as "Fat"

Fat, it's my understanding that the Fantastic Four 'critters" are all going to be replace with new Hollywood actor 'critters'.

Not positive about that though.

But even that uncertain/unreliable news opens up new opportunities for some of us self-confident GetBigggers (Count me out though!)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2010, 09:24:19 PM »
Meant no offense though. I don't even know the guy.

I know Only Me though. Does that count for anything?

Here's the latest on Only.

A week or two ago we were shopping in the local supermarket and heard one hell of a big commotion from the back of the store. Some overweight asshole and his countrified girlfriend were ransacking the aisles and scaring the older folks who were doing the best to avoid the both of them

Just as this was happening Only Me and a friend of his entered the store and I yelled over to say "hello", but he didn't hear me because this obnoxious asshole and his girlfriend were yelling and attempting to run out the front door with some alcohol and other store items that they apparently didn't pay for.

So one of the bag boys went off in pursuit and tackled the offensive critter who was doing his best to break through a group of old timers by throwing punches every which way. So the bag boy is holding the guy down in an attempt to cool him off a bit which was apparently working well until the girlfriend got involved and started screaming and hitting the bag boy to let him up.

I walked in that direction and yelled at the bag boy to stay right where he was and continue to hold him down until some appropriate help arrived. (The police had already been called while this character was going beserke in the store.

But the bag boy listened to the girlfriend and released him and the asshole came up throwing punches all over again.

And that's when Keith arrived and decided to lend a helping hand but the guy was off and running before Keith had a chance to get a good hold on him and one of his wild punches hit Keith was he was running off.

Keith simply laughed and said, "I wish I was a bit faster!"

And that's when Only's friend decided to take off and tackle the guy who was once again running amuck inside the grocery store. And he and another bag boy held the asshole down once again until the cops arrived.

So now Keith is sitting outside telling shoppers how badly this guy was acting in the store and the two cops come out with this guy held between them and as they pass,  Keith 'accidently' hits the guy with his elbow in passing and the asshole says, "That's the guy who assaulted me, officer!"

Everyone who heard that merely laughed and so did Keith as he  waved good bye while they lead this asshole away for questioning.

While he was being questioned he somehow convinced the police officers that he was the good guy during this entire episode so they let him go a few minutes later. Once they saw him leave the parking lot their job was done.

The bad part of this story is that some a...hole lawyer decides to sue the store for this guy getting tackled outside the front entrance while he was in the process of stealing pilfered items and the store is gonna settle in an effort to avoid adverse publicity.

He's gonna make a bundle. Who says crime doesn't pay??

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2010, 09:15:42 AM »
Meant no offense though. I don't even know the guy.

stuntmovie,

he should take no offense because, i don't know if you have seen his pic but, he is fat

....really fat actually

so, don't worry- you were only telling the truth, actually

MJK

• Getbig III
  • BB is not a sport it's a business.
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2010, 09:30:48 AM »
did they have target practice in school?  ;D

bachelors, or associates, same thing.. are the lowest official degree offered. still a college degree, but bottom of the barrell.  im getting mine to use so i can transfer to university. in order to get into a UC you have to have either 60 college units including 2 years foreing language and a host of other basic requirements; or you can have a degree or any kind. i chose the degree cause for me its easier- english is simple for me, and i dont want to do a foreign language
NO, a Bachelors is a 4 year degree and an Associates is a 2 year degree.
Welcome to Slovakia

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2010, 09:38:43 AM »
Thanks, JNN. Funny how you visualize people based on their screenames.

I originally pictured FatPanda as being a heavy set Chinese guy.

Fatpanda, nice picture of ya. You look very happy. What was the occasion?

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2010, 10:35:52 AM »
Thanks, JNN. Funny how you visualize people based on their screenames.

I originally pictured FatPanda as being a heavy set Chinese guy.

Fatpanda, nice picture of ya. You look very happy. What was the occasion?

just heard johnny got diagnosed with aids.

p.s.thats not fatpanda.
175lbs by 31st July