Author Topic: PRIDE Champion takes humilating loss to TUFer  (Read 9518 times)

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
Re: PRIDE Champion takes humilating loss to TUFer
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2010, 02:09:36 PM »
Oh and to question your statement of...
First of all the win is not as meaningful if Fedor is fighting guys that are way below his talent level

You say this but what about Silva, Penn, GSP???  The way they dominate there opponents they must be fighting guys below their talent level right? You can’t have two different measuring stick for two organizations bro. They all get measured the same.
Giving 110%

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2010, 02:15:30 PM »
First point. Your right and I'm going to use an analogy that a "#1 Div 3 wrestler" is just as good as the "#1 Div 1 wrestler" No way are they equal as the talent is different. BUT The world of MMA is different due to the many factors eg. residency, background, ect.

As far as the list you posted, Yes he is. Why? He’s taken a loss to two huge guys @ the time by decision. That’s a big feat in MMA to go the distance with the likes of Nog, Arv.
Vera was great opponent back in the day but now it seems time has caught him. I can only argue, what will be will be is when the fight happens & we will see what kind of fighter Werdum has matured into. Bigfoot isn't so much a can himself.

What sucks for Fedor is this fight is a double edge sword that that cuts him due to the inexperienced "couch" MMA fans.

If you want to use those decisions as merit, Fedor demolished Arvloski, and has beaten Nog. Both Werdum lost to. Decision or not...he lost.

He also lost to Dos Santos, who would make a great, meaningful match-up for Fedor.

I personally don't think MMA math really adds up, but for the sake of discussion we can use it.

You say that the "double-edge sword" situation sucks for Fedor, but he is the one who chose this situation. It's nobody's fault that Fedor is avoiding the fights that the majority of MMA fans want to see.

You can not honestly tell me that the majority of MMA fans really care to see him fight Werdum. We will watch because it is Fedor, but he is expected to win. It is by no means a compelling match-up. Whomever thinks it is, obviously knows nothing about MMA.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2010, 02:39:51 PM »
Oh and to question your statement of...
First of all the win is not as meaningful if Fedor is fighting guys that are way below his talent level

You say this but what about Silva, Penn, GSP???  The way they dominate there opponents they must be fighting guys below their talent level right? You can’t have two different measuring stick for two organizations bro. They all get measured the same.

Silva is fighting in multiple weight classes TRYING to challenge himself as well as Penn has been doing.  They also have been fighting the best top ranked guys. GSP has been as well.

It is also apples and oranges here. The UFC has a lot more fighters and talent to choose from. The UFC has a HUGE roster of fighters.
The fighters you mentioned are on the biggest stage, with the most fighters, taking any challengers. What else can they do?

Can you honestly say that about the orgs Fedor's in? They have a limited number of fighters.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2010, 03:40:08 PM »
Randy did get rocked...but for one he is not afraid to fight the best. He is also not ranked #1 either.
By your logic a loss means you suck huh? No wonder you are a Fedor fan.

Because someone is 6'2 thry have to be a HW. WTF? Many LHW's are 6'2".

You obviously are an  expired PRIDE fan who forgets this is 2010. Fedor's fight career has seen better days. Sorry to break the news to you.

Why can't anyone answer my question?

Does fighting Werdum really justify Fedor's #1 status?

actually brock got rocked throughpout the fight and was losing until a lucky punch, funny how you forget the facts that destroy your argument, and yeah i guess i'm a fan of winners

brett rogers is listed at 6'5, how many guys that big don't fight at heavyweight ::)

if anybody is a fat lhw it's fedor, he still owns true heavyweights

how does fighting werdum hurt his status as the number 1 heavyweight?  how does fighting frank mir or randy justify it ::)

E
E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2010, 03:56:41 PM »
actually brock got rocked throughpout the fight and was losing until a lucky punch, funny how you forget the facts that destroy your argument, and yeah i guess i'm a fan of winners

brett rogers is listed at 6'5, how many guys that big don't fight at heavyweight ::)

how does fighting werdum hurt his status as the number 1 heavyweight?  how does fighting frank mir or randy justify it ::)

E

Earl, WTF are you arguing about?  You seem to just argue for the sake of arguing ::)  Any nitwit with half a brain cell will tell you that unless you're fighting the best, you cannot be considered the best.  Guess what, I have a 200-0 record.  Everyone one of those wins was over my 7 & 8 year old girls.  Does that make me the #1 heavyweight in the world?  No.  You're only as good as the competition you beat.  And, if we go by the ranking reports, or just plain common sense, MOST of the top Heavyweights are in the UFC.  Fedor is not fighting the best, therefore he cannot be considered the best.  It's simple.
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2010, 04:15:04 PM »
Earl, WTF are you arguing about?  You seem to just argue for the sake of arguing ::)  Any nitwit with half a brain cell will tell you that unless you're fighting the best, you cannot be considered the best.  Guess what, I have a 200-0 record.  Everyone one of those wins was over my 7 & 8 year old girls.  Does that make me the #1 heavyweight in the world?  No.  You're only as good as the competition you beat.  And, if we go by the ranking reports, or just plain common sense, MOST of the top Heavyweights are in the UFC.  Fedor is not fighting the best, therefore he cannot be considered the best.  It's simple.

it's "simple" yet all of the rankings have fedor number 1 right?

you're just dying to see him lose so you can tell everybody how you "always knew" he was overrated ::)

a win over frank mir (who has lost to brandon friggin vera) and 40+ year old randy is not more impressive than anything fedor has recently done

get over it, tuffer

oh and do you think rogers is a fat lhw too? 

E
E

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2010, 04:47:28 PM »

how does fighting werdum hurt his status as the number 1 heavyweight?  how does fighting frank mir or randy justify it ::)

E
I never said Brock should be #1 ranked necessarily. I think the winner of Brock/Carwin should be. Unless Fedor finds his balls that he lost somewhere around 2005 and decides to join the UFC. If he can find his lost pair, then you have the winner of Brock/Carwin fight Fedor for #1 status.  All I am saying is Fedor is not fighting guys that are near his talent level and it screws it up for talented guys that want a crack at #1.

Fighting guys like Werdum hurt his ranking by PADDING it.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2010, 05:12:34 PM »
it's "simple" yet all of the rankings have fedor number 1 right?

you're just dying to see him lose so you can tell everybody how you "always knew" he was overrated ::)

a win over frank mir (who has lost to brandon friggin vera) and 40+ year old randy is not more impressive than anything fedor has recently done

get over it, tuffer

oh and do you think rogers is a fat lhw too? 

E

I don't care if Fedor wins or looses.  I just want to see him fight the best before he is past his prime.
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2010, 05:42:32 PM »
I don't care if Fedor wins or looses.  I just want to see him fight the best before he is past his prime.

trust me i would love to see him in the ufc too, i just don't think any fighter in ufc can currently make a case for being ranked ahead of him

E
E

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2010, 06:23:14 AM »

You can not honestly tell me that the majority of MMA fans really care to see him fight Werdum. We will watch because it is Fedor, but he is expected to win. It is by no means a compelling match-up. Whomever thinks it is, obviously knows nothing about MMA.

Watch out attacking me with that statement bro. I've been respectful, so do the same.

To say I know nothing about MMA because I want to see a Werdum/Fedor fight is just putting a label on yourself.
I don't need to justify why, been there, know people who've done that.

And no the majority of "armchair MMA" tough guys have no idea who Werdum, sadly that makes up 60-70% of the viewing demographic. Sad but true, but to the people who know & love all aspects of MMA will view this fight as 1 of the toughest tests for Fedor in the past 4 yrs.
Giving 110%

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2010, 06:47:17 AM »
Watch out attacking me with that statement bro. I've been respectful, so do the same.

To say I know nothing about MMA because I want to see a Werdum/Fedor fight is just putting a label on yourself.
I don't need to justify why, been there, know people who've done that.

And no the majority of "armchair MMA" tough guys have no idea who Werdum, sadly that makes up 60-70% of the viewing demographic. Sad but true, but to the people who know & love all aspects of MMA will view this fight as 1 of the toughest tests for Fedor in the past 4 yrs.

Was not attacking YOU at all. All I am saying with that statement is that MMA fans 'hardcore' or whatever realize that this fight with Fedor is close to the best match-up we can get with Fedor not being in the UFC.

That being said, you summed it up quite well when you said that this is one of Fedor's toughest tests in 4 yrs. I agree 100% with you.
That in itself is what I am complaining about with Fedor.

To sum this all up...If Fedor and Werdum were both in the UFC, and this fight was happening, people would we complaining about this fight even more. There are MANY better more challenging opponents out there. This fight win or lose, does nothing but really hurt Fedor's status IMO.

Like you stated earlier, If Fedor does not walk right through Werdum in the first round, we will all question why? That says a lot about the challenge Werdum imposes on Fedor.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2010, 06:59:03 AM »
very good points by earl & hickson...

And as far as Werdum he has some of the best ground game in the heavyweight div regardless of the Org...
He is a 2 time Brazilian jiu jitsu world champion & if he can take the fight to the ground he has the skill set to submit Fedor....
DAWG

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2010, 07:10:16 AM »
Was not attacking YOU at all. All I am saying with that statement is that MMA fans 'hardcore' or whatever realize that this fight with Fedor is close to the best match-up we can get with Fedor not being in the UFC.

That being said, you summed it up quite well when you said that this is one of Fedor's toughest tests in 4 yrs. I agree 100% with you.
That in itself is what I am complaining about with Fedor.

To sum this all up...If Fedor and Werdum were both in the UFC, and this fight was happening, people would we complaining about this fight even more. There are MANY better more challenging opponents out there. This fight win or lose, does nothing but really hurt Fedor's status IMO.

Like you stated earlier, If Fedor does not walk right through Werdum in the first round, we will all question why? That says a lot about the challenge Werdum imposes on Fedor.

Cool!  ;)

Yes it hurts Fedor's status but only to the “Cheeto choke-outs” of the world that don't know shit about MMA. Bro you have a good head about the intricacies of MMA so leave Buffalo Wild Wings, walk down the street & come inside the home of people who know the game! Your more than welcome. Beer is purchased by me!!! (I used to say "beer is on me" but ever since the movie Necessary Roughness i stopped using that statement. It provokes trouble, seen it first hand.  ;D )

Giving 110%

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2010, 07:31:00 AM »
Cool!  ;)

Yes it hurts Fedor's status but only to the “Cheeto choke-outs” of the world that don't know shit about MMA. Bro you have a good head about the intricacies of MMA so leave Buffalo Wild Wings, walk down the street & come inside the home of people who know the game! Your more than welcome. Beer is purchased by me!!! (I used to say "beer is on me" but ever since the movie Necessary Roughness i stopped using that statement. It provokes trouble, seen it first hand.  ;D )

LOL... Amongst every crowd it always seems there is a 'professional' that knows how the MMA game works. They are the ones that without a doubt are complaining when the fight stays on the ground calling it boring, or when a guy gets knocked out in the first minute, saying that 'this fight sucked'...should have let them keep going etc....

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2010, 07:49:42 AM »
LOL... Amongst every crowd it always seems there is a 'professional' that knows how the MMA game works. They are the ones that without a doubt are complaining when the fight stays on the ground calling it boring, or when a guy gets knocked out in the first minute, saying that 'this fight sucked'...should have let them keep going etc....

QFT!! 

Tapout!!!!  Ice-cream Armbars & Kool-aid Kimuras.
Giving 110%

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2010, 08:00:23 AM »
QFT!! 

Tapout!!!!  Ice-cream Armbars & Kool-aid Kimuras.

I do wonder how people feel putting on a Tapout shirt or other MMA brand shirt, having never even put on a pair of gloves, thinking that it makes them tough.
Tapout wearing guys are always the best though. They are usually overweight with a gut, wearing shorts because they have big calves from carrying arounf their fat asses, looking like they have never even worked out in their lives.

Are we supposed to think they are tough-guys? :)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2010, 09:38:03 AM »
I do wonder how people feel putting on a Tapout shirt or other MMA brand shirt, having never even put on a pair of gloves, thinking that it makes them tough.
Tapout wearing guys are always the best though. They are usually overweight with a gut, wearing shorts because they have big calves from carrying arounf their fat asses, looking like they have never even worked out in their lives.

lol.
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2010, 11:52:17 AM »

like i said in another thread, these tapout shirt morons have made mma seem a lot less cool

E
E

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2010, 12:36:34 PM »
like i said in another thread, these tapout shirt morons have made mma seem a lot less cool

E

It does suck in a way, but at the same time it does bring money into the sport. Tapout does support the sport/fighers as do many other MMA apparel companies.

Just sucks that the majority of the people wearing them think they come with some type of entitlement.