Author Topic: Chris Cook: A Bedtime Story  (Read 27403 times)

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
Re: Chris Cook: A Bedtime Story
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2010, 10:07:28 PM »
Yea ask Beefy aka Tom Prince what he thinks about Chris...

-A DUB

I'd believe this. TP had no trouble dropping names and plenty of other stuff on here back in the day

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2010, 10:15:01 PM »
now that a couple of years have past, and chris might be able to separate himself from any residual negative emotions he might harbor, and look at his situation objectively

that might be a VERY interesting interview on PBW

**although that will never happen because your sponsors do not want any subject matter addressed that is a little edgy, and does not fit into the glamorous fairytale of fame, health, and success that supplement companies and magazines create to move product

shame though, chris cook might be one of the most interesting interviews in bodybuilding

perhaps aaron singerman can check it out, that is, if his show has not fully and entirely sold out yet, and forgone any of their previous, edgy content

I would love to have Chris on the show (assuming he's interested)... But how do I get in touch with him? Chick?
A

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2010, 10:19:05 PM »
Chris was a very good bodybuilder with outstanding work ethic.....very commited.

Basically, he became disenchanted with the business side of BB when the deal with his supp company/ MD went south...He re-evaluated what his future was and came to the conclusion that he needed more security for himself and his family.

He is currently working in the financial industry and went back to college part time to further his knowledge.....he dabbled in MMA as a hobby, to replace the athletic drive he had for competition/ ...

Just had their second child not too long ago...
McFarland told me Chris Cook had health problems, perhaps from Roids.  Any truth to that?
I Love The True Adon

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2010, 10:24:28 PM »
Chris looked AWESOME WHEN HE WAS ON POINT!  But yeah he sorta fell off.

And didn't it take him forever to turn pro, just kept getting raped by the judges!
The problem was, he was never really on point, he was another one that was "given" a pro card. Even when he won he was soft...He had great shape, and I think Flex had trained him for a lil bit, but dude never, and I mean never dailed it in.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2010, 10:25:47 PM »
The problem was, he was never really on point, he was another one that was "given" a pro card. Even when he won he was soft...He had great shape, and I think Flex had trained him for a lil bit, but dude never, and I mean never dailed it in.

I think he just needed more muscle maturity, he was still only in his 20's. Or maybe he couldn't get totally ripped not everyone can be Munzer.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2010, 10:32:19 PM »
I think he just needed more muscle maturity, he was still only in his 20's. Or maybe he couldn't get totally ripped not everyone can be Munzer.
That is when alot of people get their pro cards, won his pro card over those who looked better and had better shape and conditioning. "They" wanted push him.

No, dude was soft---people have always commented on how soft he was, and how he posed awkwardly with his knees bent and pointed out when doing a Lat spread or FDB, and with that chicken lil haircut...And because he couldn't deliver, mags like Flex stop pushing him as a golden boy.

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2010, 11:36:09 PM »

Tom Prince is not Beefyheavyweight... in case most of you forgot, Beefy dropped the dime on Tom and the infamous paper bag fiasco, and him ripping off people in Minnesota...promising them Russian D-Bol, taking their $$$ and running.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2010, 11:55:10 PM »

I would love to have Chris on the show (assuming he's interested)... But how do I get in touch with him? Chick?

you should do some homework, you have to know someone the industry that can point in the direction of getting in touch with him.

i cannot think of someone involved with bodybuilding that would be a more interesting interview then chris........in a very short span of time, he went from the industries new "it" boy to a disgruntled retired competitor who appears to have turned his back on the BB world entirely

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2010, 11:56:43 PM »
you should do some homework, you have to know someone the industry that can point in the direction of getting in touch with him.

i cannot think of someone involved with bodybuilding that would be a more interesting interview then chris........in a very short span of time, he went from the industries new "it" boy to a disgruntled retired competitor who appears to have turned his back on the BB world entirely

I'm trying. Email sent... FB message sent. Hopefully Chris isn't another Greg Kovacs (doesn't want to be found or interviewed).

(What did you think of the Rhaine [Lee] Priest interview?)
A

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2010, 12:13:02 AM »
I'm trying. Email sent... FB message sent. Hopefully Chris isn't another Greg Kovacs (doesn't want to be found or interviewed).

you would think he would be flattered that people still gave a shit about him being that he disappeared years ago...plus it would give him a chance to set the record straight and tell the bb world what his thought process was (though maybe some people just want to turn the page)  i cant see how it would hurt anything though, its a human interest piece.

the rhaine priest interview was surprisingly candid on her part, when you first announced her a guest i kinda wondered what you felt she had to say that was important or interesting, but she didnt shirk any questions, and though i thought she was bullshitting alot (about the role steroids play in lee's life and so on)  that kinda stuff is out of you hands.  you gotta respect a girl who is ballsy enough to field questions regarding her husbands purported scat fetish.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2010, 02:38:35 AM »
Chris was a very good bodybuilder with outstanding work ethic.....very commited.

Basically, he became disenchanted with the business side of BB when the deal with his supp company/ MD went south...He re-evaluated what his future was and came to the conclusion that he needed more security for himself and his family.

He is currently working in the financial industry and went back to college part time to further his knowledge.....he dabbled in MMA as a hobby, to replace the athletic drive he had for competition/ ...
Just had their second child not too long ago...
you knew him well, he trained with you, right? his wife probably stood by him through his pursuit of bbing pro status, paid some bills, and when pro bbing didnt deliver, due to whatever reasons, they had to re-evaluate, and she helped him realize what to do...

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2010, 03:27:46 AM »
Tom Prince is not Beefyheavyweight... in case most of you forgot, Beefy dropped the dime on Tom and the infamous paper bag fiasco, and him ripping off people in Minnesota...promising them Russian D-Bol, taking their $$$ and running.

Word,  Beefy is a stand up guy. 

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2010, 03:48:03 AM »
He started buying his gear and GH from palumbo and the 2nd pic is the result  :-\ :D

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2010, 04:00:32 AM »
He started buying his gear and GH from palumbo and the 2nd pic is the result  :-\ :D

what was wrong with his GH, look at how well it worked for him, and how youthful he looks in this picture

mind you, this pic was taken in 2002 when he was still in his mid 30s ::) ::) ::)

this is before he started gettign plastic surgery, he looks 60 years old here

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2010, 04:01:53 AM »
what was wrong with his GH, look at how well it worked for him, and how youthful he looks in this picture

mind you, this pic was taken in 2002 when he was still in his mid 30s ::) ::) ::)

Why is Palumbo so hard to look at?
N

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2010, 04:05:22 AM »

Fuk what a mess  :-X he should of used that watered down shit he was selling everyone else and maybe he would look semi normal , still ugly as sin but  :-X :-\ :-X :-\

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2010, 04:05:55 AM »

someone said it before, he looks like a bag of smashed assholes

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2010, 04:12:26 AM »

Because he's not wearing a paper bag over his head?

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2010, 04:29:11 AM »
Because he's not wearing a paper bag over his head?
;D

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2010, 04:43:03 AM »

link please?

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2010, 05:08:51 AM »
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/radioarchive2.htm

Chris Cook interview

8/08/ 05

enjoy

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2010, 06:36:41 AM »
Some guys just run out of cash, plain & simple. He must carry at least a 20-25 grand drug cost per cycle.

getbig rookie

• Getbig I
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2010, 06:59:11 AM »
Chris Cook actually did deserve his pro card and could have been an exceptional professional bodybuilder. I helped him for two shows including when he won his pro card. Here's a pic from the Ntionals when he won. In fact, I sat next to Victor martinez who I was also helping in the day, and when Chris came out, I recall Victor saying "shows over" Not that Vic's opinion is the be all and all. But in my eyes, he killed the class...c aceto

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2010, 07:46:08 AM »
Chris Cook actually did deserve his pro card and could have been an exceptional professional bodybuilder. I helped him for two shows including when he won his pro card. Here's a pic from the Ntionals when he won. In fact, I sat next to Victor martinez who I was also helping in the day, and when Chris came out, I recall Victor saying "shows over" Not that Vic's opinion is the be all and all. But in my eyes, he killed the class...c aceto

hi chris...