Author Topic: Chris Cook: A Bedtime Story  (Read 27471 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Chris Cook: A Bedtime Story
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2010, 07:53:55 AM »
Chris Cook actually did deserve his pro card and could have been an exceptional professional bodybuilder. I helped him for two shows including when he won his pro card. Here's a pic from the Ntionals when he won. In fact, I sat next to Victor martinez who I was also helping in the day, and when Chris came out, I recall Victor saying "shows over" Not that Vic's opinion is the be all and all. But in my eyes, he killed the class...c aceto

So Chris Aceto is posting here?  Would you care to join the nutrition board and help with diet questions?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2010, 07:58:07 AM »
Chris was a very good bodybuilder with outstanding work ethic.....very commited.

Basically, he became disenchanted with the business side of BB when the deal with his supp company/ MD went south...He re-evaluated what his future was and came to the conclusion that he needed more security for himself and his family.

He is currently working in the financial industry and went back to college part time to further his knowledge.....he dabbled in MMA as a hobby, to replace the athletic drive he had for competition/ ...

Just had their second child not too long ago...

Thanks for the update, Chick.

Didn't know him personally, but I considered Chris a very likable guy.  Despite his success, he struck me as genuinely appreciative of the opportunities that came his way pretty early, unlike so many who feel 'entitled'. 

Glad to hear that he's doing well.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2010, 09:07:36 AM »
Chris Cook actually did deserve his pro card and could have been an exceptional professional bodybuilder. I helped him for two shows including when he won his pro card. Here's a pic from the Ntionals when he won. In fact, I sat next to Victor martinez who I was also helping in the day, and when Chris came out, I recall Victor saying "shows over" Not that Vic's opinion is the be all and all. But in my eyes, he killed the class...c aceto

Yeah, in your opinion...but why did he always come in smooth, almos like he didn't care or didn't know how or did it on purpose? There is no could of, because we can't tell what HD would have done because his conditioning sucked.

getbig rookie

• Getbig I
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2010, 09:13:13 AM »
Yeah, in your opinion...but why did he always come in smooth, almos like he didn't care or didn't know how or did it on purpose? There is no could of, because we can't tell what HD would have done because his conditioning sucked.

Well my point is pretty clear but if you missed it i will just say it
1) Chris, when I worked with him. looked great when he won. Period. Its the only time he ever came close to his hype
2) He was hyped to death for sure
3) He always was smooth pre and post working with me
4) That siad, he certainly had the body to be great. But he didnt have the head for it. Most bodybuilders dont have the head for it.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2010, 10:36:22 AM »
4) That siad, he certainly had the body to be great. But he didnt have the head for it. Most bodybuilders dont have the head for it.

Of those bodybuilders who do have 'the head for it', what percentage are broke or almost broke?

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2010, 01:53:38 PM »
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/radioarchive2.htm

Chris Cook interview

8/08/ 05

enjoy

thats not what i meant bob, of course you interviewed him at the height of his fame when he was competing
where he talks about hsi training, looking toward his next show, and how he has his sight set on the olympia, blah, blah, blah

but as we know now, that was not all true, and during that time he was very uncertain and in alot of personal turmoil.
i thought it might be interesting to do an expose on why he left the sport, and put the BB lifestyle behind him entirely......like i said it interests people how a guy can go from the most talked about newcomer to retired forever in like the span of a year

interviewing him when he was on top was an EASY interview :-\ :-\

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2010, 02:57:54 PM »
thats not what i meant bob, of course you interviewed him at the height of his fame when he was competing
where he talks about hsi training, looking toward his next show, and how he has his sight set on the olympia, blah, blah, blah

but as we know now, that was not all true, and during that time he was very uncertain and in alot of personal turmoil.
i thought it might be interesting to do an expose on why he left the sport, and put the BB lifestyle behind him entirely......like i said it interests people how a guy can go from the most talked about newcomer to retired forever in like the span of a year

interviewing him when he was on top was an EASY interview :-\ :-\

Bob has historically, not been a fan of tough questions.

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2010, 03:06:18 PM »
Tom Prince is not Beefyheavyweight... in case most of you forgot, Beefy dropped the dime on Tom and the infamous paper bag fiasco, and him ripping off people in Minnesota...promising them Russian D-Bol, taking their $$$ and running.

You obviously dont know Tom well enough then... He'd do this JUST to try and further disguise who he is... "It can't be Tom, he called Tom out on all this stuff"... LOL I'm 99.9% sure it's him.

-A DUB

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2010, 03:17:33 PM »
You obviously dont know Tom well enough then... He'd do this JUST to try and further disguise who he is... "It can't be Tom, he called Tom out on all this stuff"... LOL I'm 99.9% sure it's him.

-A DUB

lol, tom prince, master of misdirection

and former colt model... :-X :-X

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2010, 03:31:33 PM »

Chris, would you care to dispell a popular myth here about carbohydrate intake and fat storage.  There seems to be some fellas that practice "bro science" here. I'm not sure even with your help, you can get through to them though.  Let me know and I'll pose the question.

BTW what do you mean by "having the head for it"?  Does that mean the anything at all costs attitude or being able to deal with the monotonous life that is bodybuilding?

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2010, 03:53:12 PM »
Chris, would you care to dispell a popular myth here about carbohydrate intake and fat storage.  There seems to be some fellas that practice "bro science" here. I'm not sure even with your help, you can get through to them though.  Let me know and I'll pose the question.

BTW what do you mean by "having the head for it"?  Does that mean the anything at all costs attitude or being able to deal with the monotonous life that is bodybuilding?

many bodybuilders live a very chaotic lifestyle, selling drugs, going to clubs, using recreational drugs, late nights

the ones who do the best are obviously the most disciplined, like yates, cutler, and coleman

Lexus II

• Getbig II
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2010, 04:02:33 PM »
I'm trying. Email sent... FB message sent. Hopefully Chris isn't another Greg Kovacs (doesn't want to be found or interviewed).

(What did you think of the Rhaine [Lee] Priest interview?)

Aaron, I thought the Dusty Hanshaw interview was very good!  I'd like to hear your interview Chris Aceto and Dante.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2010, 04:04:33 PM »
A CB/Safety for UVA has the same name.
((-::

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2010, 04:17:23 PM »
Aaron, I thought the Dusty Hanshaw interview was very good!  I'd like to hear your interview Chris Aceto and Dante.

fuck dante, what a self important douchebag........you have a theory on workiing out, your not stephen hawking

i have never seen a guy spend more time getting people's attention so he can tell people people that he is not looking for attention

....he posts on message boards all the time, that he is not looking for attention..........if you really arent looking for attention, then shut the fuck up, and stop calling attention to yourself

it amazes me anyone would buy into his fucking garbage......volume works, intensity works, frequency works.........they all work..........you lift heavy weight........you grow.......all roads lead to rome

stop with the recluse guru, fucking yoda routine, .......your a mediocre zilch dante, go kill yourself

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2010, 04:27:18 PM »
many bodybuilders live a very chaotic lifestyle, selling drugs, going to clubs, using recreational drugs, late nights

the ones who do the best are obviously the most disciplined, like yates, cutler, and coleman

Some do...most dont...Chris never did any of the above

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2010, 04:30:12 PM »

-A DUB

Lol.... I don't suppose you would actually have any basis for this statement would you. When pressed about why Beefy was outing everybody, he told about how he lost someone close to the G4P scene, and then told about his first rude awakening, when before an amateur competition, (that Katz was a judge in) told him, "I like Italians and I would love to ride your cock all the way to the prejudging."

First Tom isn't Italian, and secondly, his G4P involvement is quite legendary, thirdly Beefy gave Chick quite a bit of grief, which if he is Tom would be odd considering they are friends. Bob also stated that he knew who it was, and that his name was John. So your theory is incongruent with both the statements, and facts that we have thus far. for a number of reasons.

So unless you have some evidence you would like to present, either here or via PM to me, I find your statement completely absurd.

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2010, 05:08:27 PM »

Sounds like Chris Cormier.

karu

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2010, 06:01:20 PM »
so the former drug addict is now actually working a real job.
i guess being a criminal isn't for everyone

Chris was a very good bodybuilder with outstanding work ethic.....very commited.

Basically, he became disenchanted with the business side of BB when the deal with his supp company/ MD went south...He re-evaluated what his future was and came to the conclusion that he needed more security for himself and his family.

He is currently working in the financial industry and went back to college part time to further his knowledge.....he dabbled in MMA as a hobby, to replace the athletic drive he had for competition/ ...

Just had their second child not too long ago...

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2010, 06:09:06 PM »
so the former drug addict is now actually working a real job.
i guess being a criminal isn't for everyone

what kind of stupid argument is that, are you the product of incest??

just cause there is legislation for something does not make it bad OR good

it just means that a bunch of rich old white men thought things should run a certain way because it was in their interest

there have been plenty of terrible laws, laws making it ok to own slaves, laws permitting child rape, laws allowing a man to dessert his family and leave the wife nothing

are you that much of a sheep?

what about alcohol, so someone who drank alcohol during prohibition was a criminal??........but a person who drank alcohol the day it was repealed was an upstanding citizen??

you base your moral decisions in life on whether or not politicians tell you its ok or not, then your really fucked

because most of the time they are participating in things they have made laws against......drugs, prostitution, corruption

your a fucking sheep....... 

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2010, 07:27:45 PM »

it just means that a bunch of rich old white men thought things should run a certain way because it was in their interest

there have been plenty of terrible laws, laws making it ok to own slaves, laws permitting child rape, laws allowing a man to dessert his family and leave the wife nothing

what about alcohol, so someone who drank alcohol during prohibition was a criminal??........but a person who drank alcohol the day it was repealed was an upstanding citizen??

you base your moral decisions in life on whether or not politicians tell you its ok or not, then your really fucked

because most of the time they are participating in things they have made laws against......drugs, prostitution, corruption

excellent post
DAWG

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2010, 07:33:05 PM »

Great post

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2010, 09:44:33 PM »

Just read this

post of the year

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2010, 10:19:32 PM »

Out standing post  ;) :)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2010, 10:25:04 PM »

I'm impressed.  One of the best posts I've seen ever.

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2010, 10:31:55 PM »
!