Author Topic: What is the implication of the pump in terms of nutrition during and after wkout  (Read 780 times)

ronbrgundy

• Getbig II
  • You stay classy

"..the pump... blood is rushing into your muscles and thats what we call the pump... its really tight like somebody is blowing air into it"

To put this in simple terms, my gym is a half hour away.  I had an awesome session the other day of back/biceps that ended with 21's.  I had the pump.  I realized that driving a half hour to home to get food is probably stupid and I may be robbing myself of something by doing this.  Gains and recovery help.  In fact there may be another angle I don't even see I dunno. 

Do you try to consume protein IMMEDIATELY post workout.  Preworkout, i have been shooting for 1 hour before the workout.  Is this about right?  What about the type of protein; post workout does it really matter.  I.e. does one type of protein break down faster than another type?  thanks

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
eat 2 hours before, right before have some carbs, right after have a whey shake with carbs, 1 hour later eat a meal of carbs and protein...