Author Topic: Amend the Constitution Regarding Citizenship  (Read 22359 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: Amend the Constitution Regarding Citizenship
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2018, 08:55:14 AM »
Cruz's mother was an American citizen when Ted was born.  The children of American citizens should be American citizens.  

This doesn't jive with what you said earlier:

'I know this will never happen, but I wish we could amend the Constitution to say that you are a citizen by birth only if both of your parents are legal citizens at the time of your birth.  Would probably help with illegal immigration'.  

YET YOU MAKE AN EXCEPTION FOR TED CRUZ,,,,I WONDER WHY??????

Your hypocrisy is showing AGAIN...yes he is a citizen but by your logic he should not be...correct??????

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2018, 09:33:25 AM »

'I know this will never happen, but I wish we could amend the Constitution to say that you are a citizen by birth only if both of your parents are legal citizens at the time of your birth.  Would probably help with illegal immigration'.  

Your hypocrisy is showing AGAIN...yes he is a citizen but by your logic he should not be...correct??????

How are things in the shelter? 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2018, 10:36:15 AM »
How are things in the shelter? 

Are you working ANYWHERE as a lawyer??????...honestly????

By the way, they really really miss you down at the Bronx Courthouse

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2018, 02:01:00 PM »

Oh wow.  A contradiction.  You got me.  Good job Sherlock.  Seven years in between those two statements.  I changed my mind.  When you're not an automaton you can do that.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2018, 11:39:48 AM »
He must be reading the board.   :)  I suspect he is setting this up to get the issue to the Supreme Court.  If he keeps this kind of stuff up I will have to break down and get a MAGA hat. 

Trump Seeks to Curb Birthright Citizenship, Escalating Immigration Debate

Constitutional scholars dismiss the idea, saying a president has no legal standing to unilaterally end the practice
President Trump in the past has called birthright citizenship a magnet for illegal immigration.
By Alex Leary
Updated Oct. 30, 2018
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-plans-executive-order-to-end-birthright-citizenship-in-u-s-1540901506

Kwon3

« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2018, 07:24:11 PM »
it'll never happen, total red herring
gov't likes the current system the way it is, same with illegals doing all the farm work
it's good $$$$$

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2018, 09:27:28 PM »
it'll never happen, total red herring
gov't likes the current system the way it is, same with illegals doing all the farm work
it's good $$$$$

Most big farming is done by machine. Only select crops require people now.

Kwon3

« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2018, 09:53:36 PM »

Most big farming is done by machine. Only select crops require people now.
oh yeah
go to vermont or oregon and see hundreds of these brown pygmies in the field picking crops
not one of them with a green card or basic English

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2018, 03:16:54 AM »
oh yeah
go to vermont or oregon and see hundreds of these brown pygmies in the field picking crops

Don't forget all the chicken coops that need cleaning.
a

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2018, 07:20:27 AM »
He must be reading the board.   :)  I suspect he is setting this up to get the issue to the Supreme Court.  If he keeps this kind of stuff up I will have to break down and get a MAGA hat. 

Trump Seeks to Curb Birthright Citizenship, Escalating Immigration Debate

Constitutional scholars dismiss the idea, saying a president has no legal standing to unilaterally end the practice
President Trump in the past has called birthright citizenship a magnet for illegal immigration.
By Alex Leary
Updated Oct. 30, 2018
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-plans-executive-order-to-end-birthright-citizenship-in-u-s-1540901506

I thought it was well established that Trump is a getbigger and the king of trolls.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2018, 11:49:27 AM »
I thought it was well established that Trump is a getbigger and the king of trolls.

:)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2018, 12:52:46 PM »
oh yeah

Here's a little history about Oregon farm laborers: Bracero Program

https://oregonencyclopedia.org/articles/bracero_program/#.W9oE_Lt_bb0

Stats from 2014

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2018, 01:11:52 PM »
2018 Woodburn Cinco de Mayo festival kicks off 13th year with traditional songs, dance

Nellie Muir elementary school, Woodburn, OR

Mid-Valley farmers adjust to dwindling, uncertain number of workers
Stateman Journal 2017

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2018, 05:37:17 PM »
Oh wow.  A contradiction.  You got me.  Good job Sherlock.  Seven years in between those two statements.  I changed my mind.  When you're not an automaton you can do that.  
But if that were me, you would be calling me a liar... weird how that works

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2018, 07:25:37 PM »
But if that were me, you would be calling me a liar... weird how that works

Nah.  I call you a liar when you actually lie.  Like the time you posted negative reviews of a book I recommended, claiming it was a representative sample, when in fact the book received more than 90 percent 4 and 5 star reviews.  That was dishonest, and I called you on it.  Don't make me list other examples.  lol 

Kwon3

« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2018, 07:27:11 PM »
Nah.  I call you a liar when you actually lie.  Like the time you posted negative reviews of a book I recommended, claiming it was a representative sample, when in fact the book received more than 90 percent 4 and 5 star reviews.  That was dishonest, and I called you on it.  Don't make me list other examples.  lol 
stop coddling the enemy. Embrace the extremity. Believe in our President and do as he does. Embody MAGA in your posts and thoughts.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2018, 07:52:49 PM »
stop coddling the enemy. Embrace the extremity. Believe in our President and do as he does. Embody MAGA in your posts and thoughts.

No.. Dos, listen to me.. relax, filter the anger, release it into the air.. take deep breaths and think of a beach with turquoise waters.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2018, 08:00:02 PM »

lol  :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2018, 08:00:21 PM »
No.. Dos, listen to me.. relax, filter the anger, release it into the air.. take deep breaths and think of a beach with turquoise waters.

::)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2018, 08:10:47 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2019, 11:56:19 AM »
Trump says administration looking 'seriously' at ending birthright citizenship
BY BRETT SAMUELS - 08/21/19

President Trump on Wednesday said his administration is once again seriously considering an executive order to end birthright citizenship months after several lawmakers cast doubt on his ability to take such action.

"We're looking at that very seriously," Trump told reporters as he left the White House for Kentucky. "Birthright citizenship, where you have a baby on our land — walk over the border, have a baby, congratulations, the baby's now a U.S. citizen."

"We are looking at birthright citizenship very seriously," he added. "It’s, frankly, ridiculous."

The president proposed ending the practice that grants citizenship to those born in the United States during his 2016 presidential campaign. He revived the idea last year, saying he would sign an executive order to enact the change.

Numerous lawmakers, including several Republicans, quickly pushed back on the idea and argued Trump lacked the authority to make such a change using an executive order. They cited that birthright citizenship is a right enshrined under the 14th Amendment.

Trump responded to the criticism by saying birthright citizenship would be ended "one way or another."

The president has sought various ways to crack down on illegal and legal immigration throughout his presidency.

His administration enacted and later reversed a "zero tolerance" policy that led to the separation of thousands of migrant families; Trump has sought changes to asylum laws to keep refugees in Mexico while they wait to be processed; and the White House last week rolled out a rule that would make it more difficult for some immigrants to obtain green cards.

The Trump administration announced earlier Wednesday it would unveil a new rule that would allow migrant families to be held indefinitely, ending a procedure known as the Flores Settlement Agreement that requires children to be held no longer than 20 days.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/458276-trump-says-administration-looking-seriously-at-ending-birthright

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2019, 06:08:49 PM »
Trump says administration looking 'seriously' at ending birthright citizenship
BY BRETT SAMUELS - 08/21/19

President Trump on Wednesday said his administration is once again seriously considering an executive order to end birthright citizenship months after several lawmakers cast doubt on his ability to take such action.

"We're looking at that very seriously," Trump told reporters as he left the White House for Kentucky. "Birthright citizenship, where you have a baby on our land — walk over the border, have a baby, congratulations, the baby's now a U.S. citizen."

"We are looking at birthright citizenship very seriously," he added. "It’s, frankly, ridiculous."

The president proposed ending the practice that grants citizenship to those born in the United States during his 2016 presidential campaign. He revived the idea last year, saying he would sign an executive order to enact the change.

Numerous lawmakers, including several Republicans, quickly pushed back on the idea and argued Trump lacked the authority to make such a change using an executive order. They cited that birthright citizenship is a right enshrined under the 14th Amendment.

Trump responded to the criticism by saying birthright citizenship would be ended "one way or another."

The president has sought various ways to crack down on illegal and legal immigration throughout his presidency.

His administration enacted and later reversed a "zero tolerance" policy that led to the separation of thousands of migrant families; Trump has sought changes to asylum laws to keep refugees in Mexico while they wait to be processed; and the White House last week rolled out a rule that would make it more difficult for some immigrants to obtain green cards.

The Trump administration announced earlier Wednesday it would unveil a new rule that would allow migrant families to be held indefinitely, ending a procedure known as the Flores Settlement Agreement that requires children to be held no longer than 20 days.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/458276-trump-says-administration-looking-seriously-at-ending-birthright
On one hand, I think that might curb some illegal immigrants, on the other hand, I don't think it will be a big enough impact to justify it.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2019, 12:59:26 AM »
Meh. Making more laws for people who don't follow laws.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2019, 01:50:41 PM »
has anyone ever thought of just not making free schools available? No healthcare treatment period without insurance or cash? Not a single welfare or subsidy dollar to someone here illegally? That will stop more illegal immigration than any wall will and will save us money rather than cost us.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2019, 03:49:30 PM »
has anyone ever thought of just not making free schools available? No healthcare treatment period without insurance or cash? Not a single welfare or subsidy dollar to someone here illegally? That will stop more illegal immigration than any wall will and will save us money rather than cost us.

When multitudes of women and children start dying in the streets from, starvation, illness or exposure, all hell will break loose....trust me. This will never happen in the U.S.