Author Topic: True Adonis (Adam) has been completely exposed...  (Read 80748 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: True Adonis (Adam) has been completely exposed...
« Reply #300 on: April 30, 2010, 08:18:11 AM »
Back in them 50's, 19 cent burgers, 15 cent corn dogs on a stick, $1.19 full course steak dinners, 10 cent biscuits and gravy, 29 cent chicken pot pies with loads of gravy, and ten cent triple decker ice cream cones were very common.

But us gym guys would stick with this new stuff called yogurt, raw eggs, cottage cheese with fresh fruit on top,  vitamin E oil in a dark brown bottle and a 10 cent can of tuna squeezed dry through a nylon stocking. And sometimes even a swig of Geritol.

And for fat loss there was nothing better than a couple of hours in the steam room (no saunas yet) and a few spoonfuls of apple cider vinegar. I don't even think aerobics was invented yet.  I think that all started after some fat guy's insides got shaken up too much by one of those vibrating belt machines.

And I never did figure out those medicine balls nor bowling pins and some other stuff you never see no more.

I don't think that this history will repeat itself.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #301 on: April 30, 2010, 08:40:31 AM »
Cue Defense Gimmick.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #302 on: April 30, 2010, 08:50:08 AM »
For once we agree on something.  Add to that the fact that High Fructose Corn Syrup had not yet invaded our diet.  It's now in just about everything we buy at the grocery store.

Too bad you don`t know the first thing of what you are talking about. You are DEAD wrong on HFCS.

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/88/6/1716S?ijkey=QWxerxxoSOP4o&keytype=ref&siteid=ajcn

American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, doi:10.3945/ajcn.2008.25825B
Vol. 88, No. 6, 1716S-1721S, December 2008

2008 American Society for Clinical Nutrition
Supplement: High-Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS): Everything You Wanted to Know, but Were Afraid to Ask

Straight talk about high-fructose corn syrup: what it is and what it ain't1,2,3,4

HIGH-FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP AND SUCROSE ARE NOT SIGNIFICANTLY DIFFERENT

HIGH-FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS NOT UNIQUELY OBESITY-PROMOTING

HIGH-FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS NOT PREDICTIVE OF US OBESITY

HIGH-FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS NOT PREDICTIVE OF GLOBAL OBESITY

ELIMINATING HIGH-FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP WOULD NOT HAVE A SIGNIFICANT EFFECT ON OBESITY

CONCLUSIONS

The hypothesis that HFCS is a unique cause of obesity is not supportable in the United States or elsewhere, and the reasons are clear:

HFCS has the same sugars composition as other "benign" fructose-glucose sweeteners such as sucrose, honey, and fruit juice concentrates and dietary sources such as fruits and juices;
Increased caloric intake since 1970 was not due to added sugars (including HFCS) but rather was due to increased consumption of all caloric nutrients, especially fats and flour and cereals;

HFCS is consumed in equal amounts with sucrose in the United States, but at <10% of the amount of sucrose worldwide;

Fructose-glucose sweeteners are metabolized through the same pathways regardless of dietary source;
Although pure fructose can cause metabolic upsets at high concentrations and in the absence of glucose, such experiments are irrelevant for HFCS, which is not consumed at extreme high levels and contains both fructose and glucose;

There is no longer an association between HFCS and obesity in the United States: per capita consumption of HFCS has declined in recent years, whereas obesity rates continue to rise; and

There is absolutely no association between HFCS use and worldwide obesity; HFCS is really a minor sweetener in the global perspective.

No one would disagree that HFCS as a caloric ingredient can lead to weight gain if products sweetened with it are consumed to excess. After all, the same may be said for all caloric ingredients, such as fats, protein, alcohol, and other carbohydrates. But there is absolutely no proof that HFCS acts in any exclusive manner to promote obesity.

It is time to retire the hypothesis that HFCS is uniquely responsible for obesity. (Other articles in this supplement to the Journal include references 34-37.)

body88

« Reply #303 on: April 30, 2010, 08:53:06 AM »
Still making excuses I see  ::) Why not just accept the challenge?

Owned.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: April 30, 2010, 08:57:13 AM »
I'm willing to bet most people in the 50s and before ate much healthier than most people do nowadays. Fast food wasn't exactly commonplace back then. Good hearty meals full of protein and good carbs were probably the norm for the guys with the great physiques. People sat down to a good dinner prepared by their wife/mother/girlfriend/whatever. Not eating multiple meals full of empty calories from things like sugar and processed meat.
You are wrong here.  In the 1950s the average caloric amount people consumed was indeed higher than the average calorie per person consumed today.  Foods were more caloric dense and restaurant meals were still around 1000 calories per meal at least.

The same was true as far back as 1897 as I posted the United States Department of Agricultures assessment on an average family diet and average other various laborers diets at the time. This article also featured Eugene Sandows daily diet of Butter, Cakes, Bread Pudding, Beer, 151 grams of fat worth and 501 grams of carbs daily. (I am willing to repost this in case you missed it)

I also posted documentation from 1915 detailing caloric amount for a New York restaurant lunch counter which was HIGHER than any Fast Food meal offered today.  These meals would have been regularly consumed day in and day out.  (I am willing to re post this as well)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #305 on: April 30, 2010, 08:59:59 AM »
High Fructose Corn Syrup IS the same as sugar as far as the human body metabolizing it is concerned.
Sugar and High Fructose Corn Syrup  both contain approximately 50% glucose and 50% fructose. Also, Sugar and high fructose corn syrup have the same number of calories as most carbohydrates; both have four calories per gram. Because they are nearly compositionally equivalent, the human body cannot tell the difference between high fructose corn syrup and sugar.

Just as informatively challenged are the "health-nuts" that pretend to know what to eat(when they don`t) and  demonize a particular food or group of food for no reason whatsoever because they cannot see that there is no causation to the correlation they totally invent out of thin air.  Science goes out the window and myth takes over and is continually spread.

It is a shame that High Fructose Corn Syrup has been made out to be the bogeyman, the same goes for Fast Food companies, Ice Cream, Superior crops as a result of breeding......the list goes on and on and on.  They vilify these things with no conclusive Scientific evidence whatsoever or they totally misunderstand food related studies altogether.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: April 30, 2010, 09:03:39 AM »
Mindspin your arguments are not fact based or backed by Science.  You are woefully misinformed on HFCS as are most people.

The Science and Evidence are RIGHT in your FACE (posted in a peer-reviewed Journal above which represents the Consensus on HFCS) , yet you and others choose to believe in myths.  Why?

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #307 on: April 30, 2010, 09:06:38 AM »
Too bad you don`t know the first thing of what you are talking about. You are DEAD wrong on HFCS.

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/88/6/1716S?ijkey=QWxerxxoSOP4o&keytype=ref&siteid=ajcn

American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, doi:10.3945/ajcn.2008.25825B
Vol. 88, No. 6, 1716S-1721S, December 2008

2008 American Society for Clinical Nutrition
Supplement: High-Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS): Everything You Wanted to Know, but Were Afraid to Ask

Straight talk about high-fructose corn syrup: what it is and what it ain't1,2,3,4

HIGH-FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP AND SUCROSE ARE NOT SIGNIFICANTLY DIFFERENT

HIGH-FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS NOT UNIQUELY OBESITY-PROMOTING

HIGH-FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS NOT PREDICTIVE OF US OBESITY

HIGH-FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP IS NOT PREDICTIVE OF GLOBAL OBESITY

ELIMINATING HIGH-FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP WOULD NOT HAVE A SIGNIFICANT EFFECT ON OBESITY

This I agree with.
Obesity in our society is mainly caused by a much more sedentary lifestyle by the majority of the population.
With the advent of the computer, The majority of people in their jobs do less moving and lifting.
Plus with OSHA requirements even construction workers lift a lot less then they use to.

Add in cheap food fast food, caused by the modernizing farming practices and specialized by the fast food chains and it reciepy for weight gain.

It is kind of ironic that the healthiest people, or at least the most active people argue over which diet is better.

When the problem is inactivity. No pill is going to solve that.

By the way Stunt, vibration machines are on a comeback.
http://www.hypergravity.net/Wellcome.html
Z

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #308 on: April 30, 2010, 09:12:18 AM »
How are those vibration machines.  I just talked to an old friend and he bought one of the companies that make one of the popular brands of those things.  He thinks it would be good for me.  They are around $15,000
No Worries 4 me

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: April 30, 2010, 09:13:26 AM »
Seems a guy so informed and so articulate (and so certain) would be DYING to debate all these myth-peddling charlatans.

Could be wrong.  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: April 30, 2010, 09:17:44 AM »
Seems a guy so informed and so articulate (and so certain) would be DYING to debate all these myth-peddling charlatans.

Could be wrong.  
I think the Scientific Evidence speaks for itself here.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #311 on: April 30, 2010, 09:25:40 AM »
How are those vibration machines.  I just talked to an old friend and he bought one of the companies that make one of the popular brands of those things.  He thinks it would be good for me.  They are around $15,000
You would be much better off just walking for the same time you would use the machine..
If you have real knee issues get a membership at the local community pool and walk in the water. Don't swim.

The resistance is much higher than swimming, which means it is less efficient. The less efficient the act the more weight you use.
Because it requires more work.

Keep the money and spend it on a reward for the goal that you set.
Z

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #312 on: April 30, 2010, 09:25:59 AM »
That is what is at the core of the calories problem.  You cannot measure calories in/out.  The old argument of "There are 3500 calories per pound of body fat. In order to lose just one pound of stored fat we need to burn off 3500 extra calories" is absolute nonsense.  Although it seems logical, energy metabolism is very complex and differs greatly between individuals.

Stick to a high-protein moderate carb/fat diet when trying to build muscle.  Cut your carbs/sugars and replace them with more protein/fat when trying to lean out.  If you like the convenience of using supplements, find a good MRP or whey protein.

Total calorie expenditure can be measured with doubly labeled water.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #313 on: April 30, 2010, 09:42:45 AM »
Yea, Joker, I know. Here's a couple I saw in San Diego , Have yet to see one in a gym though

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #314 on: April 30, 2010, 09:46:10 AM »
Yea, Joker, I know. Here's a couple I saw in San Diego , Have yet to see one in a gym though
is there really any solid scientific evidence for those?

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #315 on: April 30, 2010, 09:48:30 AM »
You would be much better off just walking for the same time you would use the machine..
If you have real knee issues get a membership at the local community pool and walk in the water. Don't swim.

The resistance is much higher than swimming, which means it is less efficient. The less efficient the act the more weight you use.
Because it requires more work.

Keep the money and spend it on a reward for the goal that you set.

It wasn't for the weight loss or conditioning we were thinking about but the circulation issues.  These machines are supposed to do wonders for circulation and are recommended for issues like lymphodema which I have and even autism.  I would think you would feel pretty good after using one
No Worries 4 me

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #316 on: April 30, 2010, 09:59:38 AM »
It wasn't for the weight loss or conditioning we were thinking about but the circulation issues.  These machines are supposed to do wonders for circulation and are recommended for issues like lymphodema which I have and even autism.  I would think you would feel pretty good after using one
ever thought that your circulation issues may have something to do with you being overweight?

(no pun intended)

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #317 on: April 30, 2010, 10:01:09 AM »
No idea about that.

I believe in Massage for circulation issues.

But I am not an expert.

Z

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #318 on: April 30, 2010, 10:22:04 AM »
ever thought that your circulation issues may have something to do with you being overweight?

(no pun intended)
no actually the lymphodema is from the bite and what it did to the tissue, but that is what every doctor I have seen regarding it told me. So you might be onto something they don't know about. ::)  Esepcially since it has only affected the lower right leg which just so happens to be the leg that was bit.  But like I said you may know something the others don't
No Worries 4 me

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #319 on: April 30, 2010, 10:31:53 AM »
no actually the lymphodema is from the bite and what it did to the tissue, but that is what every doctor I have seen regarding it told me. So you might be onto something they don't know about. ::)  Esepcially since it has only affected the lower right leg which just so happens to be the leg that was bit.  But like I said you may know something the others don't
Keith, have any of the doctors suggested lymph node removal in certain locations?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #320 on: April 30, 2010, 10:32:57 AM »
alright sorry didn't think that would still be an issue since that spiderbite was like 5+? years ago. my bad then.

so that leg still prevents you from working out?

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #321 on: April 30, 2010, 10:34:47 AM »
alright sorry didn't think that would still be an issue since that spiderbite was like 5+? years ago. my bad then.

so that leg still prevents you from working out?
Sometimes.  2 years ago I spent two weeks at Christmas in the hospital cause it swelled so bad (32") it wouldn't go down.  Lymphodema has NO cure
No Worries 4 me

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #322 on: April 30, 2010, 10:39:35 AM »
Keith, have any of the doctors suggested lymph node removal in certain locations?
No.  very touchy this system.  One screw up and it can really fuck with you.  I would rather just keep it local there than risk any other shit happening.  This past visit to the hospital a couple months ago I went through a battery of tests to see if I had any clots.  Thank god that came out okay.  I was a little worried.  The one thing about the leg is how atrophied it is and the lack of feeling.  I use a TENS unit sometimes and on that calf I cannot feel anything even at full power.
No Worries 4 me

Smanjh

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #323 on: April 30, 2010, 12:18:10 PM »
Everyone once "knew" that the earth was flat and they "knew" that the sun revolved around the earth.  Of course they were all wrong.

http://en.tackfilm.se/?id=1271353219075RA14

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." --Mahatma Gandhi

That is good logic to defend your position, I will give you that.

I highly doubt one guy has figured out something that no one else in the field knows about. You can compare it to the 1500's or whatever all you want, but this is different since we have the technology to understand things better.

No one is making weird guesses or anything, it is all meticulously studied and proven.

Hell, if you could eat more calories and just make the ratio different, it would be accepted by everyone since that would be easier to stick to than having a limit on your food intake.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #324 on: April 30, 2010, 04:50:24 PM »
Doesn't matter what you mix his proteins with.  It's the concentration of the growth factors in them, that do the trick.  But again, I don't want to turn this thread into a Connelly protein commercial.  It's a totally separate subject from the calorie debate.

Well, apparently Connelly told Patrick Arnold (whom I quite like) that they shouldn't be mixed. Individual aminos fine, but complete proteins or peptides no, since there are special transporters for these peptides.

Anyway, so you think maltodextrin is fine as a carb source? It has a GI of about 140, compared to 100 for pure glucose (dextrose). Wont all that insulin mess up my quest for epic leanz? Or do you in principle agree with me that quantity plays an important role? I mean white bread has a GI similar to maltodextrin... why can't I have a piece of white bread with my protein instead? Or candy made of glucose?