Author Topic: RM 10 months clean  (Read 62693 times)

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
RM 10 months clean
« on: April 26, 2010, 08:02:52 PM »
Never thought I'd consider going totally clean and staying that way, but I'm feeling like I look good enough to become natty and possibly compete for a Mr. Getbig crown??? Last pic for the white boi haturs.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: RM 10 months clean
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 04:44:58 PM »
if you saw the before "ab" shots, you'd consider this a Shawn Ray shot LOL.

I disagree with 30-40 lbs, just from experience I know that it's more like 20-25 lbs before I'm decently lean. Although being clean may make that all messed up. Idk.

Let's just say this represents a significant improvement from a couple months ago LOL.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 04:48:47 PM »
Here's a repost of a pic from idk, 6 years ago, while on AAS, at the same weight as the pics above. It's been posted before but it's just for reference between a clean 195 and a juiced 195.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 05:36:16 PM »
Yeah... I just found some old physical pics of me the days after my last show... I'll need to find a scanner to put them up. This is the only one I have on this comp... I think I'm in the low 170's here. And the undies pics in the 180's, but after my pec and quad tear so it was hard to train with intensity.

These are reposts, but I'm putting them here for comparison.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 05:39:59 PM »
I think I'm going for the white undies level of leanness this summer. Not diced, not dying of deprivation but lean enough to be in single digits (or close). Although I don't remember what I was on at that time, I do know it was moderately low doses as my heavier dose days were behind me.

newmom

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 05:47:36 PM »
Nice quads in the clean Pics...good for you for going clean...How do you feel? By the way, good looking strong guy for sure

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 06:15:38 PM »
I feel pretty good, all things considered. My training has evolved over the years (whether on or off) to a safer, lighter style but shorter rest periods and more time under tension. I used to incline press 160's for reps, leg press up to 30 plates and curl 60's (I know that's not terribly strong)... close grip 315 for lots of reps, etc.

I tore my pec benching heavy (steroid related as I was repping for 6, muscle tore from tendon) and tore my quad leg pressing (tore at the hip). After recovery, I began training much differently.

So to answer the question, I'm probably 10% weaker all around than when I was last on AAS. I'm definitely thinner and smaller. I was around 215 last summer. 195 now. But I'm holding strength pretty well and hit the gym most everyday.

Libido is unaffected. Life as usual ;)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 06:25:27 AM »
Looking solid RM...yes, compete in Mr. GB 4!

I knew newmom would be in here ;D
R

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 09:15:29 AM »
You think I could win it? I have no mind to compete unless I can win.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 09:21:59 AM »
you rearden how big of a difference do you think the AAS made on your body fat?

you think it was soley AAS or where you eating better while on?

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 09:55:48 AM »
you rearden how big of a difference do you think the AAS made on your body fat?

you think it was soley AAS or where you eating better while on?

It's hard to quantify. I eat a LOT less now than I did then. In the 195 pic on AAS I was eating 5-6 times a day, large protein filled meals and lots of carbs around training time. Probably 3500 cals/day.

Now, I eat 3-4 times a day. Sometimes a meal is a piece of fruit and a granola bar. Just now I had a stuffed quahog as a meal. I eat only about 2000 cals/day now, sometimes a bit more or less. I'm 195 in the pics at the beginning.

I know my metabolism has changed. Back in the day if I went off AAS I was around 180-185 and soft within 3-4 months. Now, I'm able to hold 200 easily without even eating much, and training moderately hard.

As far as fat loss, I think the AAS helped me stay muscular while I was dieting, but it could have just been my metabolism was faster while I was in my mid 20's.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 10:11:35 AM »
It's hard to quantify. I eat a LOT less now than I did then. In the 195 pic on AAS I was eating 5-6 times a day, large protein filled meals and lots of carbs around training time. Probably 3500 cals/day.

Now, I eat 3-4 times a day. Sometimes a meal is a piece of fruit and a granola bar. Just now I had a stuffed quahog as a meal. I eat only about 2000 cals/day now, sometimes a bit more or less. I'm 195 in the pics at the beginning.

I know my metabolism has changed. Back in the day if I went off AAS I was around 180-185 and soft within 3-4 months. Now, I'm able to hold 200 easily without even eating much, and training moderately hard.

As far as fat loss, I think the AAS helped me stay muscular while I was dieting, but it could have just been my metabolism was faster while I was in my mid 20's.
interesting...do you think that when you came off back in the day and where soft in 3 or 4 months it had more to do with your eating or the lack of aas?

thanks for the info bro

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 11:17:26 AM »
In my first few years of using AAS (early to mid 20's), I stayed on for 5-6 months, sometimes longer, and came off for 3-4 months, sometimes shorter.

I made gains every year. My first cycle I went from 140-180, then down to 165 after. Then up to 190, then down to 170. Then I pushed up to 200, held it for a year, came off and dropped to 180. After that, I competed. I competed at 161-171 lbs.

After competing, I blew up to 210-215 in good condition. I have no pics of this time :( but it was the best (BB wise) I ever looked. Shortly after, I tore my pec. A year later, my quad.

In the years since, I've been off as much as on. In the last 3 years I've been clean twice as much as on. I'm sure the years of training and eating while on and off helped build a base that doesn't need AAS to maintain. I've always trained whether on or off.

To answer your question, I believe that when I came off AAS, I'd notice a drop in strength and size. I'd try to eat more to compensate. I'd invariably overeat to try to stay "big" and would end up soft. Even so, I'd drop into the low 180's (which at my height is not "small", but feels like it to me), so the actual drop in muscle was 20-30 lbs, which is significant.

I think I probably only dropped 10-15 lbs of muscle this time while off. And that's over an extended period, eating maybe 100-130g protein/day and taking absolutely zero supplements, not even protein powder.

I either have muscle maturity, metabolism or some miraculously stable hormones to credit for this. It's a mystery to me, actually.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 04:17:44 PM »
cool to bad you dont have any pics of you when you where 210ish...one of my old coaches told me once to take picture b/c one day you wont look like that anymore lol

you think the AAS had anything to do with your tears?

just curious is all ive always been natural but have of course thought about using from time to time, doubt I ever will but who knows in another couple years I may say screw it and try it out...

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 05:16:22 PM »
I don't know conclusively if the AAS contributed to or caused the tears. I trained waaaay too heavy for my frame at that time. I blame Flex magazine! :P

In all likelyhood, the AAS contributed to the tears. I'm also to blame, as I trained heavy and barely ever stretched. Bad combo.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 05:20:57 PM »
today 193.5 in AM

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 06:44:18 PM »
I don't know conclusively if the AAS contributed to or caused the tears. I trained waaaay too heavy for my frame at that time. I blame Flex magazine! :P

In all likelyhood, the AAS contributed to the tears. I'm also to blame, as I trained heavy and barely ever stretched. Bad combo.
LOL I agree, i blame my shoulder on training to heavy and MD those bastards!!!  ;D

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 06:42:30 AM »
I'm having a hard time cutting calories... I'm enjoying too much the organic and farm fresh foods I'm getting these days.

Yesterday:

- 4 egg free range egg omelette with red, green and yellow peppers, canadian bacon, red onion. 1/2 cup oatmeal w tbsp brown sugar and pinch of sea salt. Kenyan coffee.

- stuffed quahog (31c, 10p, 2f) and salad with cherry tomatoes, red onions, sauteed asparagus, grapes and feta.

- chicken salad sandwich made with chunks of baked chicken, red grapes, pine nuts and low fat mayo on rye bread (I usually don't eat bread but couldn't pass this sandwich up)

- banana, low fat granola bar & tootsie pop after gym. Should have some protein but meh.

- huuuge steak, free range and grilled to perfection, roasted homefries and sauteed zucchini.

Right around 2200 cals probably. Totally an estimate. I need to be around 1800 to lose, though.

193.5 again this AM

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 06:48:30 AM »
me lookin chubby in teh face and lower back, but I had an arm pump LOL.

Check out the back cyst on the chubby dude in the background  :-X

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 07:04:26 AM »
yeah dude, I know HOW to diet, I just have a hard time feeling like it's worth it  :D

I ate chicken or white fish and steamed broccoli exclusively for almost a month before my last show. You have no concept of hunger unless you've done that.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2010, 07:31:06 AM »
Ha, it's appreciated bro... It's just hard for me to care enough to get in that kind of shape again. That's why I competed in the first place, because if I hadn't I'd never have cared enough to stick with it.

I know competing is out for me now. I don't have the time or resources to do it even IF I wanted to give up my social life to do so. Nah, I like drinking on the weekends, eating pizza etc... I just want a kick ass beach body LOL.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 07:57:42 AM »
Your physique pulls girls. Mine gets noticed and people ask questions but attracts fewer. That's ok though I'm very happy with my GF, I just wanna look good cuz I'm narcissistic LOL.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2010, 08:48:43 AM »
Is that all the same guy?

Seems like slide 2 & 3 are attainable naturally, 4 & 5 could be attained by a former user who is clean. I'd be pretty happy with slide 5, although I'd prefer bigger shoulders and arms.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2010, 09:21:08 AM »
Yeah sorry didn't answer that...

When I was on AAS I'd eat 30-40g protein at least w each meal. Often, I'd eat a 1lb steak or a giant amount of sushi that doubled that amount. But mostly I'd eat 200-300g a day when weighing around 200lbs.

Last year when I got up to 215 (admittedly not terribly lean... let me find some pics...) I'd just make sure I ate a lot. A normal day was like this:

- 10 egg whites w 2 yolks, 2 packets quaker apple cinnamon oatmeal, banana.

- Train

- shake with 100g carbs from fruit and juice, and 40g protein

- turkey or steak tips and rice, large size, from restaurant

- Syntha 6 shake in afternoon

- TGIF for dinner, either steak and potato or dragonfire chicken w extra breast (friendly w bartender :) )

- Syntha 6 shake before bed.

Now that I'm clean, I eat much less and don't use supplements, as I can't metabolize protein like I was then. So the post I put up this morning is a typical day, although I don't usually eat bread and it's more likely to be leftovers from dinner for lunch.

So, at my biggest, 200-300g a day. Now, maybe 120-150g on most days, although on occasion I'll mow 200g.

I should point out, though, that the biggest gains I ever made were between the two years I competed, and I ate a diet extremely carb dense. I used to take a whole pizza, take the cheese off and eat it. I used to eat whole boxes of cereal in a sitting. Here's what a day looked like then.

- 2 bagels w jelly, 2 bowls cereal (usually honeycomb or corn pops lol), 10 egg whites, 2 yolks

- 2 Mesotech bars or Myoplex bars. The old ones. basically candy bars.

- giant plate of steamed chicken and rice from chinese place, with red (sweet) sauce. Huge plate.

- 2 pieces of fruit, protein shake

-Train

- Half or whole fat free Entemans cake. Yup.

- Whole pizza w cheese taken off. Yup.

- Normal bb dinner, something like chicken and rice or steak and potato

3AM- half a box of cereal. Yup.

As you can guess, I spiked my natural insulin. Never used exogenous insulin, tho.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2010, 09:38:42 AM »
here's some pics from last summer. Moderate cycle like 500 mg test, 50 mg tren eod, some deca and dbol in the beginning. Nothing crazy. Prob 208-215 through these pics.