Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
April 30, 2017, 04:37:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are machines better than free weights?  (Read 2426 times)
fitnessjunkie01
Getbig I

« on: September 21, 2016, 01:16:32 AM »

Me and my buddys always have this debate....Are machines better than free weights? Or is it the other way around?
Report to moderator   Logged
DroppingPlates
Competitors II
Getbig V

Gimmicks are cowards and cowards aren't true men

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 03:45:29 AM »

It doesn't matter. What DOES matter is HOW you use them.
light weight baby
Getbig IV

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 04:17:06 AM »

good machines are better than free weight. but way more expensive. most gyms have bad machines
Erik C
Getbig IV

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 09:18:20 AM »

Machines are different than free weights. Neither is better than the other. There are lousy free weight exercises, and lousy weight machines. There are both good free weight exercises, and good weight machine exercises. And lifters can screw up the best exercises on either form of lifting, by not learning how to use the free weights and weight machines, correctly, with good form.
IroNat
Getbig I

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 10:55:22 AM »

For aesthetic development machines are just as good as free weights.
For strength development free weights are superior because you are required to balance the load which involves many more muscles.
heenok
Getbig IV

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 02:26:52 AM »

Free weight will always traumatise the muscle more than any cables/machine hence resulting in a stronger anabolic response.
However the risk of getting injuried with free weights is much higher than with machines.
I use both but always focus getting stronger at the free weights compounds as i believe its the mos efficient way to build muscle. Machines/cables are support exercices or to use to give my joints or back a break.

I know a lot of pros trains on machines mostly but almost all of them built their physique with free weights. They are using machines to maintain their physique without too much joint stress. But they never get dramaticly bigger between shows (Phil heath, dexter...). The ones who do train with heavy ass free weights (Ronnie, yates, etc...) do.

falco
Getbig V

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 03:34:06 AM »

Real men use only free weights.
jon cole
Getbig IV

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 02:33:07 AM »

My chest are the shitiest part on my body.

The only cure for me is the seated dips machine. So i guess that in some case machine are better than free weight.

asstropin
stanlystud
Getbig II

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 08:08:59 AM »

My chest are the shitiest part on my body.

The only cure for me is the seated dips machine. So i guess that in some case machine are better than free weight.
apart from seated Dip machine what do you do? why not bodyweight dips?
Charlys69
Getbig III

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 06:33:41 AM »

Are machines better than free weights        no !

are machines better than free weights under specific circumstances      yes, or maybe !

for older athletes a different "mix" of Training stress can be better than kill your tendoms, ligaments with the same Kind of workout yiu did 30-40 years before.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!