Author Topic: THE TRUE ADONIS DAILY DIET DIGEST- Or how to eat anything and remain ripped.  (Read 101553 times)

newmom

The only things on that menu that interest me are the onions, tuna, and Kashi cereal.  Kashi makes the best cold cereal on the market.  Love the stuff.  Often eaten it 3 times a day.

yea it really is good

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
Interesting thread, I'll stick around.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
1 Serving Kashi Honey Almond Flax Cereal
1 serving Chocolate Vanilla Brownie Ice Cream
1 Peanut Butter and Oats Fiber Bar
2 slices Smoked Provolone cheese

Calories-640

3 Large Slices Papa John`s The Works Pizza

Calories-990

1 Large Slice Papa John`s The Works Pizza

Calories- 330

Kashi Toasted Berry Crunch Cereal
1 cup of Milk

Calories-340

Strawberries with Nutella

Calories- 162

Chocolate Vanilla Brownie Ice Cream- 1 serving

Calories-150

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
I did the same for 2009, logging everything I ate in a thread.
We sure need more examples of non-masochistic diets.

Great thread, should be a sticky. Would be great if we could get some photos of the foods you cook yourself.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Would either of you wavelength/Adonis be willing to post a pic from now and progress pics every few months in order for people to see what effect your diet is really having on your body?  If either of you are interested PM me and I can start a thread on The Positive Board to keep the trolling bullshit out and maintain a serious thread.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
i pride myself on ignoring these broscience myths, and dealing with facts, but this is one i have believed for quite some time.

i have already read a few studies and i am surprised by the results.

the complete/incomplete protein recommendations do indeed appear to be a myth afterall  :o

saying that i wonder why taking in leucine alone pre/post workout does not have the same effect as a whole protein source.

every answer raises more questions it seems  :-\

let me make this simple for you and adonis... in order to build muscle, eat muscle..  there are eleven essential aamino acids that can not be created by the human body..  you must consume aquequate amounts of these...

its is not about grams of protein, but more specifically about grams of protein containing all eleven amino acids.

what do you think would happen if you consumed 500 grams of protein everyday but never consumed any branch chain amino acids ?  (this diet is very highly unlikely to ever occur but what would happen if it did)

the amount of muscle tissue in your body would start to slowly decline, regardless of any amount of other calories, drugs, or training

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
Adonis, how much protein do you eat per day?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
let me make this simple for you and adonis... in order to build muscle, eat muscle..  there are eleven essential aamino acids that can not be created by the human body..  you must consume aquequate amounts of these...

its is not about grams of protein, but more specifically about grams of protein containing all eleven amino acids.

what do you think would happen if you consumed 500 grams of protein everyday but never consumed any branch chain amino acids ?  (this diet is very highly unlikely to ever occur but what would happen if it did)

the amount of muscle tissue in your body would start to slowly decline, regardless of any amount of other calories, drugs, or training
Totally irrelevant if you eat like a normal human being.  This is as silly as suggesting one eat nothing but cardboard, lightbulbs or jolly ranchers and nothing else.

By default you will easily get a complete amino profile, especially when your food is varied and you are shooting for a minimum of about .5 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight a day.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Adonis, how much protein do you eat per day?

It varies everyday, but I get at least .5 grams per lb of bodyweight on average.  Most of the time I am much higher than that just by default of what I eat.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Totally irrelevant if you eat like a normal human being.  This is as silly as suggesting one eat nothing but cardboard, lightbulbs or jolly ranchers and nothing else.

By default you will easily get a complete amino profile, especially when your food is varied and you are shooting for a minimum of about .5 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight a day.

you said the idea of protein combination is a myth. it is not.

the idea that the general public needs to pay special attention to their diets in order to get enough essential amino acids is a myth.

the idea that a bodybuilder trying to gain muscle without eating foods that contain all of the essential amino acids would then have to make sure to be combining enough of the right types of foods in order to get enough of the key amino's to grow.... is not a myth.

sure, the amount is not that high.. but to get 1 gram per lb lean body weight of complete protein without eating complete protein is going to take some effort. 

bodybuilders or those looking for muscle are mmuch better off eating complete protien sources.. mainly meat.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
It varies everyday, but I get at least .5 grams per lb of bodyweight on average.  Most of the time I am much higher than that just by default of what I eat.

Do you ever eat above 1 gram per lb of bodyweight? Don't you think eating .5 grams per lb some days is too little?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Do you ever eat above 1 gram per lb of bodyweight? Don't you think eating .5 grams per lb some days is too little?

Yep, sometimes I will eat over that amount.

I do not believe .5 grams per lb is low for me by any means as I only lift weights 4-5 days a week and do not exert myself in any way other than that.

Also, studies have shown that seasoned bodybuilders/Weightlifters may need LESS protein as several studies have shown that strength training, consistent with the anabolic stimulus for protein synthesis it provides, actually increases the efficiency of use of protein, which reduces dietary protein requirements.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
Yep, sometimes I will eat over that amount.

I do not believe .5 grams per lb is low for me by any means as I only lift weights 4-5 days a week and do not exert myself in any way other than that.

Also, studies have shown that seasoned bodybuilders/Weightlifters may need LESS protein as several studies have shown that strength training, consistent with the anabolic stimulus for protein synthesis it provides, actually increases the efficiency of use of protein, which reduces dietary protein requirements.

That's very interesting information from those studies, I never made gains while eating less than 1 gram per lb though. I tried it in the past and it didn't work.

I noticed you don't make sure you eat an "x" amount of protein per day and that your intake varies a lot, why is this?
Probably the days you eat .5 grams per lb or so are balanced out with the days you eat more than 1 gram per lb right?

Its very interesting to see you are able to stay ripped while eating anything you want. I never tried it, but I can see it being possible as overall calorie intake is what determines fat loss/gain or maintaining.
Do you think its possible to remain ripped and gain muscle at the same time? I think its not since caloric intake will vary too much.

Thanks.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
By the way TA, I tried your Adonis tomato and tuna salad tonight. Very, very good.

I followed your recipe, with a few key notable changes to suit my tastes.

To the dressing, I added half a teaspoon each of cumin, chili powder, and cayenne powder to give the dressing some heat. I find the heat masked the can tuna smell nicely.

I was really hungry, so I decided to ditch the cous cous this time around, because it looked really good and I wanted to eat it right away.

I also added a teaspoon of dijon mustard to the dressing, to act as an emulsifier.

Finally, I added a cucumber to the mix.

Overall, a very tasty meal and one I won't hesitate to repeat.
Very Good my friend!

I eat it all the time without Cous Cous or Pasta.  I also play around with it a bit, infusing different herbs with the oil.

It is a completely enjoyable way to eat Tuna and so quick to throw together.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
Would either of you wavelength/Adonis be willing to post a pic from now and progress pics every few months in order for people to see what effect your diet is really having on your body?  If either of you are interested PM me and I can start a thread on The Positive Board to keep the trolling bullshit out and maintain a serious thread.

I kind of already did that last year and it took quite some time to maintain that thread. Don't have the time right now but it would be awesome if TA did it.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
1 cup of Milk
Italian Boule Bread

Calories-470

Tyler Florence Ultimate Baked Beans
1 Serving Vanilla and Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream

Calories-430

Adonis Tuna and Tomato Basil

Calories-670

1 cup of Milk

Calories-340

Cinnamon and Sugar Graham Crackers
Calories-130

Mcdonalds Cheeseburger
Half of a Large Fries (Jezebelle ate the other half :) )

Calories- 560

newmom

1 cup of Milk
Italian Boule Bread

Calories-470

Tyler Florence Ultimate Baked Beans
1 Serving Vanilla and Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream

Calories-430

those are banging baked beans

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
I love how you eat Ice Cream so early in the day, that is of course if your diet log is in chronological order.  I know that anytime is a good time for ice cream, but having a bowl of it at 6 am is a little too early.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
2 servings Kashi Toasted Berry Crunch Cereal
2 cups of Whole Milk

Calories-680

1 serving Chocolate vanilla Brownie Ice Cream

Calories-150

1 Slice Smoked Provolone Cheese
Calories-70

2 Burger King Rodeo Cheeseburgers
Calories-760