Author Topic: I'm saying it now ... Still believe Fedor can beat Alistair and Brock.  (Read 10687 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Brock shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence with the other two. Overeem is the only guy who deserves a shot at Fedor and the only guy who stands a chance of beating him.

When Cock Chestnar stops faking illnesses and gets some fights under his belt against some top 10 HWs that are in their prime, then he can start calling for a match with Fedor.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
oh and I'll add Barnett :D

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
In before the UFC's ball cleaner, I think it's gonna rain.
Predictions
 40/61

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Brock shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence with the other two. Overeem is the only guy who deserves a shot at Fedor and the only guy who stands a chance of beating him.

When Cock Chestnar stops faking illnesses and gets some fights under his belt against some top 10 HWs that are in their prime, then he can start calling for a match with Fedor.

Overeem is barely in the top 10 and Fedor is still gonna dodge him.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
Overeem is barely in the top 10 and Fedor is still gonna dodge him.

UFC nuthugging at its best ::) ::)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Too bad we'll never find out since he is ducking both.  Can't wait for Fedor vs. Herschel Walker ::)
w

gmflex

• Getbig V
 ::) ::) ::)

Challenge issued; challenge accepted.

Mere hours after Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said he would need to sit down with M-1 Global officials to determine if a potential blockbuster fight between Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem (33-11 MMA, 3-0 SF) and perennial top-ranked fighter Fedor Emelianenko (31-1 MMA, 1-0 SF) might be possible for later this year, those officials have answered the call.

And according to M-1 Global executive Evgeni Kogan, Fabricio Werdum is all that's standing in the way.

"As we've mentioned in the past, Fedor fights whoever is put in front of him," Kogan today told MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com). "If Overeem is presented by the Strikeforce matchmakers as Fedor's next opponent, then that is who Fedor is going to fight."

After defeating Brett Rogers at Saturday night's "Strikeforce St. Louis: Heavy Artillery" event, Overeem made it a point to call-out the Russian heavyweight in his post-fight speech, as well as again in the evening's post-event press conference.

Coker was quick to point out that such a bout could only be arranged with the blessings of his business partners at M-1 Global, who own Emelianenko's promotional contract.

M-1 Global now seems receptive to that possibility, though Kogan said Emelianenko simply can't focus on that opportunity at this time with a June 26 matchup with Werdum in San Jose, Calif., on the horizon.

"At this point Fedor is choosing not to look past Fabricio," Kogan said. "He is in the most intense part of his training camp in Stary Oskol right now and would like for it to be known that he is focused 100 percent on Werdum.

"The camp considers Werdum a very strong and dangerous opponent – as Fedor's brother found out a few years ago – and all attention is currently on June 26 and San Jose."

So it appears, as least for now, that Emelianenko's Showtime-broadcast bout with Werdum is all that stands in the way of a matchup with Overeem. It's a bout that makes sense for the organization, makes sense for the fans, and apparently now makes sense for M-1 Global.

"I thought [Overeem] won in very impressive fashion," Kogan said. "We respect Alistair as an opponent and think that this would be a great potential matchup."   

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
I hope this is true and that they don't pull some last minute BS.  This is a fight I want to see.  As I said before this is a lose lose for Fedor.  If he dodges Alistar, he continues to get criticized.  If he fights him, he likely gets KTFO....lol....love it!
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
I hope this is true and that they don't pull some last minute BS.  This is a fight I want to see.  As I said before this is a lose lose for Fedor.  If he dodges Alistar, he continues to get criticized.  If he fights him, he likely gets KTFO....lol....love it!

If I were a betting man, I am going with a staph outbreak in Russia around this time. ;D

gmflex

• Getbig V
 ::) ::)

still bitter Fedor is the best... ;D

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
::) ::)

still bitter Fedor is the best... ;D

He's the best at fighting UFC rejects fresh off a shit-canning.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
 ::)

Werdum beat Overeem. You just made 200 posts as to why Overeem would beat Fedor etc. By your own warped logic, if Fedor beats Werdum, he is effectively better than Overeem also. 

You cant use your braindead MMA mathmatics when it suits you and then ignore it the rest of the time. If you consider Overeem a top 5 HW, Fedor beating Werdum is as impressive as beating Overeem himself.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
The truth is Overeem may or may not be able to beat Fedor, but we won't know unless they fight.  I hope they make this one happen.  They still have one big hurdle to clear though.  Overeem's drug test has not come back yet.  If it comes back positive, it may just be the final nail in StrikeFroce's coffin!
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
::)

Werdum beat Overeem. You just made 200 posts as to why Overeem would beat Fedor etc. By your own warped logic, if Fedor beats Werdum, he is effectively better than Overeem also. 

You cant use your braindead MMA mathmatics when it suits you and then ignore it the rest of the time. If you consider Overeem a top 5 HW, Fedor beating Werdum is as impressive as beating Overeem himself.

I can use whatever logic as I fell fit to use chump!

Don't be mad with be for seeing Fedor as the fraud he is.

BTW..thanks for reading all my posts ;D

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
Even a fraud couldn't pad a 31-1 record. A fraud would of been KO'd, submitted, or couldn't handle the pressure to come that far.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Even a fraud couldn't pad a 31-1 record. A fraud would of been KO'd, submitted, or couldn't handle the pressure to come that far.

I should have clarified....

He had a good run for years, earning his victories and ranking.

In the recent years, he has ducked a major org, major fights, and has been fighting freaks shows and UFC Rejects in an apparent attempt to keep his record in  tact.

That is why I think he and his management are frauds.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era

In the recent years, he has ducked a major org, major fights, and has been fighting freaks shows and UFC Rejects in an apparent attempt to keep his record in  tact.

The UFC wouldn't allow M-1 to co-promote. They took their business elsewhere. It's that simple.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
The UFC wouldn't allow M-1 to co-promote. They took their business elsewhere. It's that simple.

It's not that simple.  The UFC is a known brand with HUGE drawing power.  No one knows who fuck M1 is.  Why would the UFC want to use its brand equity to help build the name of a competitive promotion ???  Why would the UFC want to split profits with a promotion that has no drawing power ???

w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
8)

of course, what moron would think otherwise ???

E
E

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND

Also, you forgot- Fedor used a stunt double for the suplex he recieved from Kevin Randleman. It's well known that the Russians have access to a memory erasing device that is similar to the one that was used in the Hollywood blockbuster "Men In Black". Right before the suplex, M1 global sent a pulse across the airwave of the broadcast and the arena that froze everything in midair. While Frozen a fat Fedor look alike was installed into the ring to recieve the suplex. Immediately afterward, the device was used again and Fedor was switched back into the ring. That's why he submitted Randleman. 

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Also, you forgot- Fedor used a stunt double for the suplex he recieved from Kevin Randleman. It's well known that the Russians have access to a memory erasing device that is similar to the one that was used in the Hollywood blockbuster "Men In Black". Right before the suplex, M1 global sent a pulse across the airwave of the broadcast and the arena that froze everything in midair. While Frozen a fat Fedor look alike was installed into the ring to recieve the suplex. Immediately afterward, the device was used again and Fedor was switched back into the ring. That's why he submitted Randleman. 

This was also how many years ago :o

You need to learn how to read a little better, chump.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
The last time Fedor fought anyone good and in their prime was in 2005 when he beat Crocop.  It's been 5 years!  Since then he's fought everyone from middle weight Matt Linland to freakshow Hong Man Choi.  His last win was over Brett Rodgers, who was just exposed as a 3rd tier heavy weight.  Fedor is no longer relevant and that is why he is dodging fights.

w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
The last time Fedor fought anyone good and in their prime was in 2005 when he beat Crocop.  It's been 5 years!  Since then he's fought everyone from middle weight Matt Linland to freakshow Hong Man Choi.  His last win was over Brett Rodgers, who was just exposed as a 3rd tier heavy weight.  Fedor is no longer relevant and that is why he is dodging fights.

and who has fought better fighters?

E
E

suckmymuscle

The only reason why Fedor hasn't lost is because he's never fought any really big guy who is as good as he is. This is not his fault, but the fault of the fact that all guys who are a lot bigger than him are technically far inferior in submissions and take-down defenses.

All the huge UFC heavyweight have serious flaws in their game that would be disaster for them if they fought Emelianenko. Brock has terrible stand-up, lacks punching power and although good wrestler isn't good at submissions. Carwin has good - not great - stand up skills, great KO power and is a very tough guy, but his ground game is sad and his take-down defenses are not good enough to stop Fedor from taking him there. Velasques is the most complete of the UFC heavyweights, but he is simply not good enough at any aspect of the game to overwhelm Fedor(ok submissions, ok wrestling, ok stand up but nothing great).

Nogueira is the best UFC heavyweight in my opinion because although not as huge as the other three, he has great wrestling, outstanding grappling and is arguably the toughest fighter of all times. And guess what...Fedor destroyed him in his prime two times. Lol. Nogueira is the best of them when you factor in all variables and Fedor dominated him.

SUCKMYMUSCLE