Author Topic: How the hell do you do 3300+ pull ups?  (Read 7547 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: How the hell do you do 3300+ pull ups?
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2010, 01:31:29 PM »
Yeah, thats only a 140 an hour for the entire 24 hours.  Nothing to it. ::)  Realistically, if you slept 8 hours out of the 24, its 211 an hour.  I don't think there is anyone here that could do that for 1 hour, let alone 16 hours straight.
You don't know if he took breaks or no. Bathroom breaks, food breaks, water breaks. There is a catch, always a catch.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2010, 02:06:05 PM »

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2010, 02:13:29 PM »
with a name like A-Penis he better be a strong dude and not a softy

Aerian

• Getbig IV
  • "Yumm yumm give me some"
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2010, 03:11:54 PM »
You don't know if he took breaks or no. Bathroom breaks, food breaks, water breaks. There is a catch, always a catch.

could be all of that but still doesnt change how many he did in that time period. 
Wait for it....

SgtSpar

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2010, 07:35:10 PM »

Yeah, and that would give him even less time.

SgtSpar

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2010, 07:38:30 PM »
what country are  you from? don't understand your line of reasoning? you seem to be preoccupied with gayness making me think you probably are. i guess  don't ask don't tell ain't working for you.

It doesn't matter what country I'm from, but I'm from the US.  The point is, the guy accomplished something, set a world record, and you're so insecure that you can't even think its cool, you have to talk shit about how he looks.  On top of that, I'd bet my last dollar that he looks a hell of a lot better than you do.  You know why you felt the need to talk shit about the guy?  Cuz you're an insecure little pussy.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2010, 07:48:47 PM »
I have a good feeling that dude's going to be a future Navy SEAL ;)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2010, 12:33:08 PM »
It doesn't matter what country I'm from, but I'm from the US.  The point is, the guy accomplished something, set a world record, and you're so insecure that you can't even think its cool, you have to talk shit about how he looks.  On top of that, I'd bet my last dollar that he looks a hell of a lot better than you do.  You know why you felt the need to talk shit about the guy?  Cuz you're an insecure little pussy.
       dem's fighting words from where i come from , unfortunately we're not where i come from. actually i've done 60 straight chin-ups myself but could never imagine doing that kid's number, your right in that respect kid does deserve respect. calm down life too short to spew the venomm you do. have a good workout it'll relax you.
F

SgtSpar

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2010, 12:50:13 PM »
       dem's fighting words from where i come from , unfortunately we're not where i come from.

They're fighting words here too.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2010, 12:52:00 PM »
Let's get ready to RRRRUUUUUMMMMMBUUUUUUULL LLLLLLL

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2010, 01:10:55 PM »
Yeah, and that would give him even less time.
Not really. When I was a college freshman a dude I knew would do 250 diamond pushups each night. He broke them up into sets of 50. Now, of course he got to the point where he could do more than 250, but he stuck with that number, and sometimes he would take a small break. So, take that and think, if you get accustom to doing like 200 pull ups, you could in theory do that in less than 45 minutes, way less. You could bang 'em out, or you could pace yourself. All 3300+ pullups are bodyweight and once you get going, it's like doing any other bodyweight exercise. It's like dudes in prison who bang out 500 incline wall pushups or 200 flying dragons.

Don't get it twisted, I think it is great that he did it, but when you think about it, doing it a certain amount in six hours and finishing up in 24 hours is not a great feat. It wouldn't take you 24 hours to rep out 3300+ pullups if you train yourself to do it. It would be far, far less time, even with breaks.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2010, 01:33:27 PM »
Not really. When I was a college freshman a dude I knew would do 250 diamond pushups each night. He broke them up into sets of 50. Now, of course he got to the point where he could do more than 250, but he stuck with that number, and sometimes he would take a small break. So, take that and think, if you get accustom to doing like 200 pull ups, you could in theory do that in less than 45 minutes, way less. You could bang 'em out, or you could pace yourself. All 3300+ pullups are bodyweight and once you get going, it's like doing any other bodyweight exercise. It's like dudes in prison who bang out 500 incline wall pushups or 200 flying dragons.

Don't get it twisted, I think it is great that he did it, but when you think about it, doing it a certain amount in six hours and finishing up in 24 hours is not a great feat. It wouldn't take you 24 hours to rep out 3300+ pullups if you train yourself to do it. It would be far, far less time, even with breaks.

I have always thought that these guys who choose an exercise and decide to be great at it have it real easy, it might be boring though. But, anyone can do it, so, not trying to bring the champ down. And besides, 24 hour test requires humoungous amounts of guts.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2010, 03:26:04 PM »

WHAT IN THE FUCK IS A FLYING DRAGON !!?!

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2010, 03:54:02 PM »
WHAT IN THE FUCK IS A FLYING DRAGON !!?!

when you are lying on your back and hold onto something to anchor your upper body, you lift your lower body up in the air, almost horizontal and stay there for like 10 secs...your whole lower body from mid back on down is not touching anything.

SgtSpar

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2010, 07:29:41 AM »

Until 2004 the world record was barely over 200 in an hour.  Even if you could do 200 pullups in less than 45 minutes, which maybe a couple of people in the world could do, you still have more than 3000 to go.  Honestly, try doing 200 some day and see how long it takes, and then try picturing 3000 more.  So you think it would take far less time than 24 hours to do it?  Odd that its the world record then.

For what its worth, I don't believe anyone can do 500 wall pushups either.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2010, 09:00:42 AM »
Until 2004 the world record was barely over 200 in an hour.  Even if you could do 200 pullups in less than 45 minutes, which maybe a couple of people in the world could do, you still have more than 3000 to go.  Honestly, try doing 200 some day and see how long it takes, and then try picturing 3000 more.  So you think it would take far less time than 24 hours to do it?  Odd that its the world record then.

For what its worth, I don't believe anyone can do 500 wall pushups either.

Its because he selectively decided to do that, there are tons of people who could do that. The fact of the matter is that many times nobody wants to put effort into a certain exercise

and make a world record of it.
I mean a dude could do a world for jacking off if he wanted to, and there probably isn't a world record for that. Once you see it, you could say, "I could do that".

Just like with this dude. I'm glad he had the record, but he is nothing special. You could break his record, and so could at LEAST 30 people on this board (that includes non regular
posters like CalisthesticKing)
as far as the wall pushups, you underestimate what a person can do, especially if one is locked up and all you have is time on your hands.
First go to a wall, back up and put your legs up, almost to the light switch, and do about 20, pretty easy, right? Well in 6 months I think you could bang out 250 of them. Another 6 months, 500. Simple.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2010, 09:08:05 AM »
Most of you guys only like it cause he is a Navy Semon ;D
No Worries 4 me

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2010, 12:28:26 PM »
Glad to know our military is spending their time efficiently.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2010, 01:42:17 PM »
 :odamn! the dude doesn't look like he's on any juice either! he's my new f'in hero! MORE POWER TO THE MILITARY! ARGH!  8)

Aerian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2010, 02:05:36 PM »
Its because he selectively decided to do that, there are tons of people who could do that. The fact of the matter is that many times nobody wants to put effort into a certain exercise

and make a world record of it.
I mean a dude could do a world for jacking off if he wanted to, and there probably isn't a world record for that. Once you see it, you could say, "I could do that".

Just like with this dude. I'm glad he had the record, but he is nothing special. You could break his record, and so could at LEAST 30 people on this board (that includes non regular
posters like CalisthesticKing)
as far as the wall pushups, you underestimate what a person can do, especially if one is locked up and all you have is time on your hands.
First go to a wall, back up and put your legs up, almost to the light switch, and do about 20, pretty easy, right? Well in 6 months I think you could bang out 250 of them. Another 6 months, 500. Simple.

Have you ever done 200 pull ups in any amount of time?  I do about 100-150 real pullups (all way down and up, and various hand grips) every back workout and been doing it for about 5 years now.  My tendons, forearms, biceps are pretty fried even after doing them for years and being conditioned.   There is no way i could simply ...rest 30 mins...and do another 150 and keep doing it all day long.  Muscles are just too sapped.

Now your saying you think random people on this board could easily do this with a "little" training. lmfao.  You need to go try and do 200 pull ups for your next back workout.  Do Real pullups.  Just go in there and simply do 200, if you think its soo easy.

Come back to this board and then say if you could do it another 16 times....
Wait for it....

SgtSpar

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2010, 04:20:18 PM »
Have you ever done 200 pull ups in any amount of time?  I do about 100-150 real pullups (all way down and up, and various hand grips) every back workout and been doing it for about 5 years now.  My tendons, forearms, biceps are pretty fried even after doing them for years and being conditioned.   There is no way i could simply ...rest 30 mins...and do another 150 and keep doing it all day long.  Muscles are just too sapped.

Now your saying you think random people on this board could easily do this with a "little" training. lmfao.  You need to go try and do 200 pull ups for your next back workout.  Do Real pullups.  Just go in there and simply do 200, if you think its soo easy.

Come back to this board and then say if you could do it another 16 times....

Finally, someone with some common sense.  Ever notice when someone says how easy it is to do something, they never do it.  Like I said, the world record for an hour was just over 200.  Some absolute monster came along and did 500.  No one else in the world has ever come close.  So you think he could rest a bit, take a piss and crack out another 2800 of them?  You're beyond deluded if you think so.

Aerian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2010, 04:42:36 PM »
Finally, someone with some common sense.  Ever notice when someone says how easy it is to do something, they never do it.  Like I said, the world record for an hour was just over 200.  Some absolute monster came along and did 500.  No one else in the world has ever come close.  So you think he could rest a bit, take a piss and crack out another 2800 of them?  You're beyond deluded if you think so.

Also an interesting note is the fact that a pull up is a staple in world military workouts throughout the world.  They do tons and tons of pullups just in their day to day activities.  That means there ARE millions of people around the world who do pullups quite commonly and still couldnt beat past record.
Wait for it....

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2010, 04:46:49 PM »
You've just proven a point as to why most haven't done it and to why many Americans don't have the physique that they want. Because people don't think that they can achieve it. People are beaten in the mind first. Period. It is excellent that dude did this, but he made up his mind to do it, seems to me that you are saying a  person is beyond deluded for thinking he could match him, but what do you think of the people who said he couldn't have done it. They said the same thing. Same type of logic you are using. Do you get it now.
Take a look at CalisthesticKingz vids on YouTube, could you do that stuff right off the box? No you couldn't, but that's not to say you wouldn't be able to.
I swear the lack of faith, here is depressing, many of you got stuck in your heads a sense of mediocrity  and status quo, hoisting up others as "special" and "I can't touch that" instead of using that as motivation to do better and if not to surpass that.

Aerian, I have not done it, because I have never had the yearning to do it. I don't see the reason nor want to do it because I could be doing something else with my time. But I think that you and others if you put your mind to it, could do it.
When I saw the guy in colllege doing 250 diamond push ups, it inspired me to do it, so I worked up to doing it, I eventually met my goal and then I started doing 100 with 50 pounds of weights in backpack. I set a goal and I met it. If I chose to set a record, I no doubt think I could, but my reasoning wasn't to do that.

SgtSpr, the game, the fight, the quest, is won and lost in the mind. If one's head is not into the fight, chances are great you are gonna lose. The man who did 3300+ pullups should be applauded, not because of his physical achievement, but because of having the mental fortitude to continue on with task at hand and stick thru it, which is possibly something you may lack, which is why one may hold this man up as "untouchable"...

SgtSpar

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2010, 06:03:10 PM »

Aerian, I have not done it, because I have never had the yearning to do it. I don't see the reason nor want to do it because I could be doing something else with my time.

And maybe this is a convenient excuse.  Go to the gym and try to just do 200 pullups and let us know how it goes first, then you can talk about how easy it is to do 3300.  I'm assuming you work out now.  You said it would be easy to do 200 in 45 minutes, just give it a try and report back.

Aerian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2010, 06:16:05 PM »

Aerian, I could be doing something else with my time.that.

Are you still young?  Early 20s maybe?  If you care about bodybuilding in the slightest, doing 150 or 200 pullups (real ones) is about one of the best things you could do for back/bicep improvement.  Ontop of being a great real world exercise that can come in handy in many different ways.  So why not give it a try ?

I dont think you understand the difficulty of the task at hand.

Wait for it....