Author Topic: Explain something about soccer  (Read 26919 times)

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
Explain something about soccer
« on: June 19, 2010, 11:22:39 AM »
In a game where guys run around and kick the ball, why is it a foul when the players feet get tangled and someone trips?
I mean, what exactly did the expect to happen?  ???

epic_alien

Re: Explain something about soccer
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 11:38:03 AM »
after 90 mins, score 0-0

you betcha

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 11:55:04 AM »
Its called football, as in you kick the ball with your foot, not handegg like you americans play.

epic_alien

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 12:00:17 PM »
soccer was cool and all at recess, but a grown man milling around for a hour and a half getting slide tackled and losing possession of the ball every minute or so?

also letting ball hit you in the head but not using your hands, thats epic smart right there

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 12:03:21 PM »
Its called football, as in you kick the ball with your foot, not handegg like you americans play.

Handegg > soccer but that's besides the point.

But seriously, can u answer my question?

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 12:03:45 PM »
Handegg rofl also known as standing still 99% of the time and moving for a full 5 secs per stint

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 12:06:14 PM »
Handegg rofl also known as standing still 99% of the time and moving for a full 5 secs per stint

Beats running around for an hour n a half with nothing happening......

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 12:14:52 PM »
see, the thing is soccer is a game played by fags and watched by fags
fags hate to fall down because they might chip a nail or get their outfit dirty

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 12:34:27 PM »
see, the thing is soccer is a game played by fags and watched by fags
fags hate to fall down because they might chip a nail or get their outfit dirty

Hahaha. See I can't say I hate soccer that much because I can be entertained by most athletic stuff, but the hype and obsession surrounding it are unfathomably overblown

the_steevo_uk

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 12:51:05 PM »
In a game where guys run around and kick the ball, why is it a foul when the players feet get tangled and someone trips?
I mean, what exactly did the expect to happen?  ???

Thats not always the case...but it just depends, if you dont get the ball its a foul. Simple, you can't break up play because you feel like it, you have to legitimately take the ball, if you take the man well you might as well just play rugby or American handegg.

Different countries have different tolerances for this, spain they fall over at the slightest touch, in England its far more physical.

having said that the game is being ruined by the diving and cheating that seems to be creeping in more and more, some of the red and yellow cards that are issued nowadays are really pathetic. They need to make it more physical again, trouble is there's so much money involved in the sport now,and the Eurofag players have played in england for so long now that I cant see it going back to the way it was. Its simply too expensive to have your superstar player being hacked at all day and for him not to be playing...personally i blame that fucking fag Sepp Blatter for ruining the sport, because of him its turned into this diving sport where cheating is allowed almost 24/7

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2010, 01:19:16 PM »
can't explain it but soccer is one of the best sports in the world the people who don't like it are plain ignorant.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2010, 01:53:08 PM »
Soccer fucking sucks balls.

Like someone else said......running around for and hour and a half an nothing happens. its a rare sight just to see one player actually pass the ball to another and it wasnt an accident

spinnis

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2010, 02:52:26 PM »
Soccer fucking sucks balls.

Like someone else said......running around for and hour and a half an nothing happens. its a rare sight just to see one player actually pass the ball to another and it wasnt an accident

thats a fucking retarded statement, they pass it all the damn time...

americans seems to be jelous that everyone loves football except them..

spinnis

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2010, 02:53:28 PM »
having said that the game is being ruined by the diving and cheating that seems to be creeping in more and more, some of the red and yellow cards that are issued nowadays are really pathetic. They need to make it more physical again,

agreed. Something needs to change.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2010, 02:57:54 PM »
thats a fucking retarded statement, they pass it all the damn time...

americans seems to be jelous that everyone loves football except them..
how are we jealous of a sport we hate? We just don't like soccer, period end of sentence. Were not jealous, we have real football which is entertaining. Soccer is like watching paint dry.

spinnis

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 03:00:32 PM »
how are we jealous of a sport we hate? We just don't like soccer, period end of sentence. Were not jealous, we have real football which is entertaining. Soccer is like watching paint dry.

you're obviously jelous because you just cant accept that you dont like it but has to make up a bunch of lies lol.
you dont have to like it ofc. but americans apparently cant just leave it at that Because of something...

And its football.

a few billion people vs usa's 350? a few billion is more right..

but ofc not to ignorant americanos haha.

The ignorance is whats keeping america down these days. And judges by the forums I post on change is Not around the corner lol.

"Sicko" if a great example of the daily raping you take by your government all while smiling and complaining about other countries lol.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2010, 03:17:52 PM »

you're obviously jelous because you just cant accept that you dont like it but has to make up a bunch of lies lol.
you dont have to like it ofc. but americans apparently cant just leave it at that Because of something...

And its football.

a few billion people vs usa's 350? a few billion is more right..

but ofc not to ignorant americanos haha.

The ignorance is whats keeping america down these days. And judges by the forums I post on change is Not around the corner lol.

"Sicko" if a great example of the daily raping you take by your government all while smiling and complaining about other countries lol.

The saddest part is that the USA doesn't give two shits about soccer and our team is still better than the trash team Sweden produces. How are you guys doing in the World Cup? Didn't even qualify, you say? USA rank = 14, Sweden = 37. And the only European team that hasn't looked terrible at this WC is the Netherlands. Ha.

It'd be scary to see how good the USA would be at soccer if our best athletes weren't busy playing better sports.  

spinnis

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2010, 03:22:13 PM »
The saddest part is that the USA doesn't give two shits about soccer and our team is still better than the trash team Sweden produces. How are you guys doing in the World Cup? Didn't even qualify, you say? USA rank = 14, Sweden = 37. Ha.

It'd be scary to see how good the USA would be at soccer if our best athletes weren't busy playing better sports. 

americans doesnt give a shit about football yet you know who qualified and not? lol!!

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2010, 03:22:51 PM »

handegg--lolol Im so using that term

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2010, 03:23:28 PM »
americans doesnt give a shit about football yet you know who qualified and not? lol!!

I didn't say I didn't like soccer. I've actually been watching the WC quite a bit. Do I like it more than American football? Nope. Have a lot of the games been boring? Yes.

That said, Swedes eat, sleep and breathe soccer and still fucking suck at it. Congratulations.

Netherlands = only Euro team that even looks good right now.  :-X

spinnis

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2010, 03:25:37 PM »
I didn't say I didn't like soccer. I've actually been watching the WC quite a bit. Do I like it more than American football? Nope.

That said, Swedes eat, sleep and breathe soccer and still fucking suck at it. Congratulations.

this year we sucked yes, no denying that, But we have had some amazing players and america hasn't ofc..
We cant seem to pull it togheter as a team when it counts which is sad

but no, every swede doesn't eat sleep and breathe football lol.
as a kid im sure almost everyone has played it for at least a little while though

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2010, 03:26:50 PM »
this year we sucked yes, no denying that, But we have had some amazing players and america hasn't ofc..
We cant seem to pull it togheter as a team when it counts which is sad

but no, every swede doesn't eat sleep and breathe football lol.

Haha. USA rank = 14. Sweden = 37! You guys aren't just bad, you're AWFUL. Our fifth-tier athletes are better than your 1st-tier.

The USA will be sure to say hi from the quarter-finals. Best team in their group.  8)

spinnis

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2010, 03:28:05 PM »
Haha. USA rank = 14. Sweden = 37! You guys aren't just bad, you're AWFUL.

The USA will be sure to say hi from the quarter-finals. Best team in their group.  8)

how many times have sweden made it wo the world cup compared to america? =)

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2010, 03:30:13 PM »
how many times have sweden made it wo the world cup compared to america? =)

I'm looking at your history now. Since 1958, you've managed to get third in 1994 and do nothing else remotely impressive. Quite a few "did not qualify" and round 1 exits. Pretty terrible for a country that actually considers soccer to be a relevant sport.  :)

spinnis

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2010, 03:31:45 PM »
I'm looking at your history now. Since 1958, you've managed to get third in 1994 and do nothing else remotely impressive. Quite a few "did not qualify" and round 1 exits. Pretty terrible for a country that actually considers soccer to be a relevant sport.  :)

you didnt answer my question...

then again, I have yet Another ignorant american on my hands lol.