Author Topic: Legalized Marijuana and the Crime Question  (Read 145125 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Legalized Marijuana and the Crime Question
« Reply #400 on: June 18, 2014, 12:09:42 PM »
I agree people talk about one drug being less dangerous than the other.  What I'm saying is this doesn't drive policy.

What drives policy?  I would think its arguments/people on both sides.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #401 on: June 18, 2014, 12:14:13 PM »
Oh, so they ARE related now?  Good for you. 

Who said you made declarative statements "about legalizing marijuana"?  Read it again, mang.

Good grief.  They are related because you have to consume them.  They are related because you usually have to buy them.  You can find other similarities, none of which have anything to do with this subject.  Using your logic, you can call weed related to a cheeseburger.  

They are completely unrelated when it comes to what they do to the human body and whether it ought to be legalized.  But I'm about done repeating myself.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #402 on: June 18, 2014, 12:14:54 PM »
What drives policy?  I would think its arguments/people on both sides.   

Safety, health and welfare, crime, etc.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #403 on: June 18, 2014, 12:28:04 PM »
Safety, health and welfare, crime, etc.

argued, proposed, support etc. by people.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #404 on: June 18, 2014, 12:30:23 PM »
argued, proposed, support etc. by people.

Agree.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #405 on: June 18, 2014, 01:01:49 PM »

They are completely unrelated when it comes to what they do to the human body ...

Really?  You know a lot about this, do you?

Seems to me that both cause an altered state of consciousness that can be pleasurable. 

And, according to the link below, both increase dopamine, albeit through different mechanisms:

http://thebrain.mcgill.ca/flash/i/i_03/i_03_m/i_03_m_par/i_03_m_par_alcool.html

To be fair, they don't look alike, though. lol

BTW, you funny.  "Completely unrelated" has now become "completely unrelated when it comes to what they do to the human body" which isn't exactly right, but oh well.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #406 on: June 28, 2014, 08:56:15 AM »

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #407 on: June 28, 2014, 05:01:26 PM »
Good grief.  They are related because you have to consume them.  They are related because you usually have to buy them.  You can find other similarities, none of which have anything to do with this subject.  Using your logic, you can call weed related to a cheeseburger.  

They are completely unrelated when it comes to what they do to the human body and whether it ought to be legalized.  But I'm about done repeating myself.

No drug organization in the world does what you are suggesting, everything is relative to other drugs, the LD50's etc. all of it. The relative toxicities of the drugs are known, it's also something that has been used since before alcohol and has  ecletic origins.

You compare burgers to chicken burgers to determine which is heathier in your example, wouldn't it make sense to compare similar DRUGS to each other? your analogy is brutally flawed.

We are discussing recreational usage here, responsible adult usage. It beats alcohol on all parameters. Alcohol is in fact on of the most addictive substances with perhaps the nastiest withdrawal of all, benzos might be it but it's close.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #408 on: June 30, 2014, 10:10:43 AM »
No drug organization in the world does what you are suggesting, everything is relative to other drugs, the LD50's etc. all of it. The relative toxicities of the drugs are known, it's also something that has been used since before alcohol and has  ecletic origins.

You compare burgers to chicken burgers to determine which is heathier in your example, wouldn't it make sense to compare similar DRUGS to each other? your analogy is brutally flawed.

We are discussing recreational usage here, responsible adult usage. It beats alcohol on all parameters. Alcohol is in fact on of the most addictive substances with perhaps the nastiest withdrawal of all, benzos might be it but it's close.

What "drug organizations" are you talking about?

When it comes to government approving a drug, I do not believe they include as all or part of the analysis that it kills or injures less people than a legal drug. 

If you're aware of any FDA approved drug, or any other drug in the U.S. that was legalized using that analysis, I'd like to hear about it. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #409 on: June 30, 2014, 11:27:45 AM »
What "drug organizations" are you talking about?

When it comes to government approving a drug, I do not believe they include as all or part of the analysis that it kills or injures less people than a legal drug. 

If you're aware of any FDA approved drug, or any other drug in the U.S. that was legalized using that analysis, I'd like to hear about it. 

"I do not believe"?  lol.  You are lazy, BB.  Would it kill you to actually try to learn a little about the subject about which you seem to have a minority opinion?

Do some reading and post your findings.  Or stfu.  Pretty please.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #410 on: June 30, 2014, 11:29:29 AM »
"I do not believe"?  lol.  You are lazy, BB.  Would it kill you to actually try to learn a little about the subject about which you seem to have a minority opinion?

Do some reading and post your findings.  Or stfu.  Pretty please.

You still here Simpleton Simon?  You having anything substantive to add or are you just trolling? 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #411 on: June 30, 2014, 11:49:59 AM »
You still here Simpleton Simon?  You having anything substantive to add or are you just trolling? 

And I though we were friends.  lol

Seriously, I'M the simpleton when you are contending that, when it comes to the gov deciding the legal status of a drug, the legal status of other drugs is not considered?  In what world does that make sense? 

Sheesh, ya lazy bum, if you have some sort of info that backs up this wholly counter-intuitive reasoning, then provide it.  And if you haven't misinterpreted what you've read, I'll be the first to admit you were right.

Otherwise you're talking just to talk.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #412 on: June 30, 2014, 11:55:55 AM »
And I though we were friends.  lol

Seriously, I'M the simpleton when you are contending that, when it comes to the gov deciding the legal status of a drug, the legal status of other drugs is not considered?  In what world does that make sense? 

Sheesh, ya lazy bum, if you have some sort of info that backs up this wholly counter-intuitive reasoning, then provide it.  And if you haven't misinterpreted what you've read, I'll be the first to admit you were right.

Otherwise you're talking just to talk.

As I said before, I'm done repeating myself.  Go back and read my posts.  If you don't understand them, it will not surprise me.  If you disagree with them, then good for you.  That's what this board is all about:  people offering different viewpoints. 

And if you want to continue acting like Simpleton Simon, you are free to do that as well, although the position of Village Idiot is occupied and she is doing a fine job. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #413 on: June 30, 2014, 12:06:57 PM »
As I said before, I'm done repeating myself.  Go back and read my posts.  If you don't understand them, it will not surprise me.  If you disagree with them, then good for you.  That's what this board is all about:  people offering different viewpoints. 

And if you want to continue acting like Simpleton Simon, you are free to do that as well, although the position of Village Idiot is occupied and she is doing a fine job. 

I went back and looked. 

You didn't post any links to or provide any information at all that would lead one to believe that you know the first thing about the process by which the government determines the legality of any drug.

If you wanna just leave it at, "I've been talking out of my ass the whole time." then fine with me.

I, for one, take this board a little more seriously and so I'm gonna leave those that are interested with this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_Substances_Act

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_and_Drug_Administration#Drugs

http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/why-is-marijuana-illegal/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #414 on: June 30, 2014, 05:06:34 PM »
I went back and looked. 

You didn't post any links to or provide any information at all that would lead one to believe that you know the first thing about the process by which the government determines the legality of any drug.

If you wanna just leave it at, "I've been talking out of my ass the whole time." then fine with me.

I, for one, take this board a little more seriously and so I'm gonna leave those that are interested with this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_Substances_Act

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_and_Drug_Administration#Drugs

http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/why-is-marijuana-illegal/

You've demonstrated pretty clearly that you're a simpleton.  But hey the board needs all kinds.  Everyone has their role.   :)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #415 on: July 01, 2014, 12:14:25 AM »
You've demonstrated pretty clearly that you're a simpleton.  But hey the board needs all kinds.  Everyone has their role.   :)

Yeah, but to you it seems "clear" that factoring in the legality of one drug when deciding the legality of another isn't reasonable so I'm not gonna lose any sleep about what you think, lol.  --- Or what you SAY you think;  I haven't been on this board long but I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice your tendency to be amusingly petty the way you'll sometimes lash out a little when folks figuratively corner after you've taken one of frequent illogical stances on some issue that's being discussed.  When you're reduced to name-calling, it's telling, lol.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #416 on: July 01, 2014, 01:54:10 AM »
Yeah, but to you it seems "clear" that factoring in the legality of one drug when deciding the legality of another isn't reasonable so I'm not gonna lose any sleep about what you think, lol.  --- Or what you SAY you think;  I haven't been on this board long but I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice your tendency to be amusingly petty the way you'll sometimes lash out a little when folks figuratively corner after you've taken one of frequent illogical stances on some issue that's being discussed.  When you're reduced to name-calling, it's telling, lol.

Youre describing yourself.

Cant expect much from a child rapist like kore.  Hes a know kiddy fiddler.

A

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #417 on: July 01, 2014, 04:18:57 AM »
Youre describing yourself.

Cant expect much from a child rapist like kore.  Hes a know kiddy fiddler.

Gee, where's my "due process"? lol 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #418 on: July 01, 2014, 04:43:34 AM »
Gee, where's my "due process"? lol 

Ask the five year old boy you violently raped.
A

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #419 on: July 01, 2014, 02:26:39 PM »

What's this about?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #420 on: July 01, 2014, 02:43:36 PM »
What's this about?

Kore violated a kid and threatened the parents with violence if they went to the authorities.  I was told this by a very reliable source.
A

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #421 on: July 01, 2014, 03:03:10 PM »
Kore violated a kid and threatened the parents with violence if they went to the authorities.  I was told this by a very reliable source.

When's the first you heard of this accusation, RRKore?

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #422 on: July 01, 2014, 10:03:25 PM »
When's the first you heard of this accusation, RRKore?

Well, I DIDN'T hear about it -- the whole episode was "unreported". 

When some researchers dug up the story, I was able to get off (again!, lol) because of my good friend Archer's legal advice about how my rights to due process were being violated.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #423 on: July 01, 2014, 10:04:39 PM »

Word of the victim alone doesn't count some wise dude on the internet once said, lol.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #424 on: July 01, 2014, 10:07:52 PM »

BTW, trolly-mcTroll, your funnin' here is tantamount to admitting that you were full of shit with all that "you are a bad person to be joking about rape BS" now, isn't it?  (Not that I don't approve, lol.)