Author Topic: Power cleans.  (Read 6139 times)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: Power cleans.
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2010, 02:25:16 PM »
Yeah I think that's when you go and try to max out and all that crazy heavy weight jazz. I'm working with weights like 950-1350 (WHAT A BEAST) max. My back will be fine i'm sure.

Little low, but there's always room for improvement.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2010, 02:50:22 PM »
Little low, but there's always room for improvement.
I go from 20-30 reps and press it after each rep. For about 4 sets. I feel no shame lol.

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2010, 02:57:55 PM »
best exercise for wrecking the lower back, your doctor will thank you.

only if you try to move weight your not ready for oryour lower backed is not proper trained. someone with good form and posture with good strong lower back spinal erectors will only get stronger from these excercises, most people that wreck lower backs never had a proper trainer foundation and tried to make too big of jumps in weights. people that put time in and did things the right proper way from the beginning would be exempt from this.
smart athletes dont get injured through training much, maybe a nick or ding here and there, most docs get training injuries from weekend warriors,half wits or wannabes
power cleans and deady's are the best for back.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2010, 04:04:46 PM »
I think I once read about one (1) weightlifter having a back injury...

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2010, 01:39:11 PM »
only if you try to move weight your not ready for oryour lower backed is not proper trained. someone with good form and posture with good strong lower back spinal erectors will only get stronger from these excercises, most people that wreck lower backs never had a proper trainer foundation and tried to make too big of jumps in weights. people that put time in and did things the right proper way from the beginning would be exempt from this.
smart athletes dont get injured through training much, maybe a nick or ding here and there, most docs get training injuries from weekend warriors,half wits or wannabes
power cleans and deady's are the best for back.
no comment.
F

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2010, 03:02:09 PM »
getting the wrist flexibility to lay it in there. 
 8)

Looks really hard on the wrists, especially if you're using a significant amount of weight.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2010, 12:25:39 PM »
I think I once read about one (1) weightlifter having a back injury...
weightlifters powerlifters get injuries all the time it's the nature of the beast to constantly move more weight, you eventually hit a limit and sometimes when you try to exceed it well guess what?
F

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2010, 12:27:31 PM »
weightlifters powerlifters get injuries all the time it's the nature of the beast to constantly move more weight, you eventually hit a limit and sometimes when you try to exceed it well guess what?

Yeah that is clearly a elbow dislocation. I know injuries happen. But back injuries are almost unheard of.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2010, 12:54:14 PM »
"But back injuries are almost unheard of."

Very true, having followed the sport for years, the most common injuries are dislocations. Followed by wrist injuries and misc. stuff like slipping on a bad platform, etc....

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2010, 02:45:39 PM »
tell that to my herniated discs and 6 , yes 6  hip replacements, i'm not going to tell you how much i could lift becauise that's irrelevant, longevity= injuries eventually in most cases.
F

TK652

• Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2010, 10:25:11 PM »
I know one of the guys on the practice squad for the Cowboys.  They do a workout a week that is nothing but power cleans.