Author Topic: Stinking Filthy "LIB"  (Read 25533 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Stinking Filthy "LIB"
« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2010, 05:55:19 PM »
This is without a doubt one of the funniest threads on the board.   :)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2010, 06:46:15 PM »
I don't know where you went to school but I don't recall being taught the the reason for the America Revolution was because the colonies were upset about the size of the British Monarchy.   I don't recall any lessons about how they were upset about the national debt the king was racking up or the budget deficit or the fact that the king forced them to have social security, medicare, or even more mundane things like that free education that the king forced them to have.  

My recollection is that they were pissed about being taxed and getting nothing in return and getting no say in their own goverment

sorry I don't see any correlation with the founding of this country and the modern day right wing conservative delusions about "big government"
you do understand that when the term "big government" is used it isnt referring necissarily to the actual geographic size of govt? right?

it refers to the power of the govt has over its constituents...as in being able to tax someone without proper represntation YOU FUKING MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D

how someone can be as ignorant as you is beyond me...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2010, 07:09:49 PM »
you do understand that when the term "big government" is used it isnt referring necissarily to the actual geographic size of govt? right?

it refers to the power of the govt has over its constituents...as in being able to tax someone without proper represntation YOU FUKING MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D

how someone can be as ignorant as you is beyond me...

geographical size of the government?

btw ...... nice use of the exclamation point

Bravo !

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2010, 07:19:01 PM »
geographical size of the government?

btw ...... nice use of the exclamation point

Bravo !
LOL "big government" is in reference to the power a govt has over its constituents or how invasive it is into the lives of its constituents....

you dont think that a govt being able to tax constituents without proper representation is an example of big government?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2010, 07:52:31 PM »
LOL "big government" is in reference to the power a govt has over its constituents or how invasive it is into the lives of its constituents....

you dont think that a govt being able to tax constituents without proper representation is an example of big government?

well I'm still trying to figure out what the phrase "geographical size of of govt" means but I don't think taxation without representation is an example of "big government"

It could be a monarchy (hint) or a dictatorship or something similar but it's not an example of modern day Republican  creation of the  "big goverment" boogeyman

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2010, 08:09:04 PM »
well I'm still trying to figure out what the phrase "geographical size of of govt" means but I don't think taxation without representation is an example of "big government"

It could be a monarchy (hint) or a dictatorship or something similar but it's not an example of modern day Republican  creation of the  "big goverment" boogeyman
the reach of the government in terms of geographical size... ;) I know that was a tough one but Im going to give you one thats a tad tougher...

Im almost afraid to ask but what do you believe "big government" is?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2010, 08:14:34 PM »
the reach of the government in terms of geographical size... ;) I know that was a tough one but Im going to give you one thats a tad tougher...
Im almost afraid to ask but what do you believe "big government" is?

so you think the "reach" of the US government is to large in terms of geographical size?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2010, 08:20:31 PM »
so you think the "reach" of the US government is to large in terms of geographical size?

LOL oh my goodness my point was that it is not the reach of a govt in terms of geography...dont worry about that point there genius...just define "big government" for us

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2010, 08:26:53 PM »
LOL oh my goodness my point was that it is not the reach of a govt in terms of geography...dont worry about that point there genius...just define "big government" for us

no shit

I just don't get the geographical size thing

what is the "geographical size" of the government at the current moment?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2010, 08:30:16 PM »
no shit

sigh its irrelevant but this...
I don't know where you went to school but I don't recall being taught the the reason for the America Revolution was because the colonies were upset about the size of the British Monarchy. 

NOW lets get back on topic, what is your idea of "big government"?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2010, 08:33:10 PM »
no shit

Probably more than you would imagine.  Homeland Security has over 70 physical buildings alone.  I'd imagine FEMA is probably substantial too.  I don't think that was Tony's point, but as long as you're going to cry about it...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2010, 08:39:44 PM »
sigh its irrelevant but this...
NOW lets get back on topic, what is your idea of "big government"?

my idea of "big government" is G8 + China

what's your idea of "big government" ?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2010, 08:54:13 PM »
my idea of "big government" is G8 + China

what's your idea of "big government" ?
LOL I didnt ask for an example I asked for your idea of big government, why do you feel that G8+china is an example of big government???

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2010, 09:00:39 PM »
LOL I didnt ask for an example I asked for your idea of big government, why do you feel that G8+china is an example of big government???

?

you asked me to give you my idea of "big government" and I did

what's yours?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: July 31, 2010, 09:13:26 PM »
?

you asked me to give you my idea of "big government" and I did

what's yours?
LOL FFS why do you think G8+china is an example of big government... ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2010, 05:16:23 AM »
Straw - again - for the 10th time, please name me one current "liberal" who you think most emulates George Washington.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: August 02, 2010, 05:13:26 AM »
Sounds really like the Founders Straw.   ::)  ::)  ::)   

Another disgusting democrat/tyrant piece of shit. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: August 02, 2010, 02:33:13 PM »
Sounds just like modern day left wing libs no Straw? 

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ __________

What at first was plunder assumed the softer name of revenue.  ~Thomas Paine

If, from the more wretched parts of the old world, we look at those which are in an advanced stage of improvement, we still find the greedy hand of government thrusting itself into every corner and crevice of industry, and grasping the spoil of the multitude.  Invention is continually exercised, to furnish new pretenses for revenues and taxation.  It watches prosperity as its prey and permits none to escape without tribute.  ~Thomas Paine

An unlimited power to tax involves, necessarily, a power to destroy; because there is a limit beyond which no institution and no property can bear taxation.

John Marshall, McCullough v. Maryland, 1819

Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States.

Noah Webster, An Examination into the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, 1787

Far from being rivals or enemies, religion and law are twin sisters, friends, and mutual assistants. Indeed, these two sciences run into each other. The divine law, as discovered by reason and the moral sense, forms an essential part of both.

James Wilson

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.

Patrick Henry, speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 5, 1778

If men of wisdom and knowledge, of moderation and temperance, of patience, fortitude and perseverance, of sobriety and true republican simplicity of manners, of zeal for the honour of the Supreme Being and the welfare of the commonwealth; if men possessed of these other excellent qualities are chosen to fill the seats of government, we may expect that our affairs will rest on a solid and permanent foundation.

Samuel Adams, letter to Elbridge Gerry, November 27, 1780

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: August 02, 2010, 02:39:32 PM »
The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.

Samuel Adams, letter to James Warren, November 4, 1775

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ___

Hmmmm - wasnt it the the left wing during the Clinton impeachment saying that what a politician does in private has no bearing on his public life?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: August 02, 2010, 03:10:11 PM »
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Already they have raised up a monied aristocracy that has set the government at defiance. The issuing power (of money) should be taken away from the banks and restored to the people to whom it properly belongs."

- Thomas Jefferson

WHO SIGNED INTO LAW THE CREATION OF THE FEDERAL RESERVE STRAW?  

History, in general, only informs us what bad government is.

- Thomas Jefferson
WHO SAYS THAT GOVERNMENT SHOULD BE A FORCE FOR GOOD STRAW?  

"Our properties within our own territories [should not] be taxed or regulated by any power on earth but our own."
-Thomas Jefferson

KYOTO & GLOBAL CARBON TAXES ANYONE?  

Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
-Patrick Henry

SELF EXPLANATORY

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
- Thomas Jefferson [What would Jefferson say today?]

SELF EXPLANATORY.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
- Benjamin Franklin

BOTH PARTIES EQUALLY GUILTY

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

SELF EXPLANATORY

"In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
- Thomas Jefferson

YEAH STRAW - THE FOUNDERS DID NOT FEAR BIG GOVERNMENT.   ::)  ::)

I place economy among the first and most important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers to be feared. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. If we run into such debts, we must be taxed in our meat and drink, in our necessities and in our comforts, in our labor and in our amusements. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labor of the people, under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
- Thomas Jefferson [What would Jefferson say today?]

OBAMA, KRUGMAN, ET AL - WE MUST DEFICIT SPEND TO HELP THE ECONOMY.   ::)  ::)  ::)

"I hope a tax will be preferred [to a loan which threatens to saddle us with a perpetual debt], because it will awaken the attention of the people and make reformation and economy the principle of the next election. The frequent recurrence of this chastening operation can alone restrain the propensity of governments to enlarge expense beyond income."
-Thomas Jefferson to Albert Gallatin, 1820. [What would Jefferson say today?]

AGAIN STRAW - DOES JEFFERSON FEAR BIG GOVT?  YES OR NO?  

To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
-Thomas Jefferson [What would Jefferson say today?]

HHMMMM?????  NOT LOOKING TOO GOOD STRAW FOR BIG GOVT.  

I think we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious.
-Thomas Jefferson [What would Jefferson say today? What would the Democrats say of such a statement today?]

HEY STRAW - WHAT SAY YOU ABOUT JEFFERSONS' VIEW ON BIG GOVT NOW?  

With respect to the words general welfare, I have always regarded them as qualified by the detail of powers connected with them. To take them in a literal and unlimited sense would be a metamorphosis of the Constitution into a character which there is a host of proofs was not contemplated by its creators.
- James Madison

STRAW = OWNED AGAIN.

"The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale."
-Thomas Jefferson

SELF EXPLANATORY.  

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States."
-Noah Webster

SOUNDS JUST LIKE THE ANTI-GUN LEFT.   ::)  ::)  ::)

"A nation of well informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins."
- Benjamin Franklin

SOUNDS JUST LIKE THE LEFT RIGHT STRAW?   ::)  ::)

"The Tenth Amendment is the foundation of the Constitution."
- Thomas Jefferson

"It is impossible for the man of pious reflection not to perceive in [the Constitution] a finger of that Almighty hand which has been so frequently and signally extended to our relief in the critical stages of the revolution."
- James Madison, Father of the Constitution.

I CAN JUST HEAR OBAMA SAY THIS.  OH THATS' RIGHT, THAT ASSHOLE SAID THE CONSTITUTION IS FATALY FLAWED.  

"The belief in a God All Powerful wise and good, is so essential to the moral order of the world and to the happiness of man, that arguments which enforce it cannot be drawn from too many sources nor adapted with too much solicitude to the different characters and capacities impressed with it."
--James Madison

SOUND LIKE RACHELL AND KIETH NO STRAW?   ::)  ::)

"Laws are made for men of ordinary understanding and should, therefore, be construed by the ordinary rules of common sense. Their meaning is not to be sought for in metaphysical subtleties which may make anything mean everything or nothing at pleasure."
--Thomas Jefferson

2000 PAGE MONSTROCITIES ANYONE?  

If Congress can employ money indefinitely to the general welfare... they may appoint teachers in every state... The powers of Congress would subvert the very foundation, the very nature of the limited government established by the people of America.
- James Madison

STRAW - JUST ADMIT IT NOW - YOU LOST AGAIN.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: August 02, 2010, 03:16:16 PM »
STRAW - TELL ME WHEN YOUR BEATING IS TOO MUCH TO TAKE. 

FROM THOMAS JEFFERSON

SOUNDS LIKE A REAL LEFT WING LIBERAL RIGHT STRAW?   ::)  ::)

________________________ ________________________ _____________________

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny.

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers

To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

What country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance

I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.

God who gave us life gave us liberty.

Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

An elective despotism was not the government we fought for, but one which should not only be founded on true free principles, but in which the powers of government should be so divided and balanced among general bodies of magistracy, as that no one could transcend their legal limits without being effectually checked and restrained by the others.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: August 02, 2010, 06:44:06 PM »
33 bringing down some pain in this thread.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: August 02, 2010, 06:54:01 PM »
33 bringing down some pain in this thread.

This thread is a perfect example of the delusions of Straw Man. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: August 02, 2010, 07:04:27 PM »
This thread is a perfect example of the delusions of Straw Man. 

Strawman just suffers from a common liberal malady - an inability to simply say, "yeah, maybe I was wrong on this one".  As if the admission itself would be of such great harm that its utterance must be forever barred.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #149 on: August 02, 2010, 07:58:27 PM »
STRAW - TELL ME WHEN YOUR BEATING IS TOO MUCH TO TAKE. 

FROM THOMAS JEFFERSON

SOUNDS LIKE A REAL LEFT WING LIBERAL RIGHT STRAW?   ::)  ::)

Jefferson?

the quote that started this thread is from Washington

Washington mused that as time went on that Mankind would become more liberal.

Thnk about the world in the late 1700 and think about it today

Has it gotten more liberal?