Author Topic: Federal judge in CA knocks down the state's voter-approved ban on gay marriage  (Read 10249 times)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
WHAHOAHOAHOAHAOA YESSS this is great news, we are going to win the battle.  What a glorious day the federal judge makes a great decision about the stupid voter approved ban HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.  Gay marriage will win and will be the law all over USA eventually.  

Celebrate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :D :D :D :D :D

this is what a couple should look like !!

TEAM Nasser

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Epic separation of church and state.
Marriage is primarily a religious deal.
I dont know what right the Federal court has to overturn a VOTER decided ban. That is pretty ghetto.
Seems like the government is saying "fuck you voters, we do what we want." more and more.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
Epic separation of church and state.
Marriage is primarily a religious deal.

I dont know what right the Federal court has to overturn a VOTER decided ban. That is pretty ghetto.
Seems like the government is saying "fuck you voters, we do what we want." more and more.

your incorrect.

TEAM Nasser

io856

this is great news

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
(CNN) -- A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Chief U.S. District Judge Vaughn Walker found in his ruling that the ban violated the Constitution's equal protection clause under the 14th Amendment.

The closely watched case came some two years after Californians voted to pass Proposition 8, which defined marriage as a union between a man and a woman.

Neither opponents nor supporters of same-sex marriage said before the ruling that it would likely be the last. Both sides said the decision will be appealed and eventually wind up in the U.S. Supreme Court.
TEAM Nasser

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
they cant reproduce  ???

mankind is doomed.  growth curve cant stay ahead of death curve.
/

i might be willing to make except with guy marrying miriam (no homo)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
they cant reproduce  ???

mankind is doomed.  growth curve cant stay ahead of death curve.
/

i might be willing to make except with guy marrying miriam (no homo)

Gay people may be the only thing that can save this earth, it is over populated, what do you mean the death curve, this earth is getting more and more people by the day, we need less people.  Gay people will save the world from disaster.  People are living longer and not dying of disease, over crowding the earth, bad news.

TEAM Nasser

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
your incorrect.

Lol. Prove me wrong. Marriage, is something that stemmed and came from religion. It was around before this government. So how, pray tell, can I be incorrect? In this case, the government is interferring with religious law. Which it shouldnt have anything to do with.
You can be for gay marriage all you want, but dont try and twist the facts to make it suit your purpose.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
What a fucked up country.  Millions of people vote against but get ruled against by a single judge.  HAHAHA.  How does this fucking retard country let this happen.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
Lol. Prove me wrong. Marriage, is something that stemmed and came from religion. It was around before this government. So how, pray tell, can I be incorrect? In this case, the government is interferring with religious law. Which it shouldnt have anything to do with.
You can be for gay marriage all you want, but dont try and twist the facts to make it suit your purpose.

this isn't about religion, it is about equal rights.  Marriage is a legally binding agreement.  As far as the state is concerned a marriage is a marriage.  The state should not tell the citizens who they can or cannot marry.  Equal rights again. 

Many non religious people get married shockwave, again forget the religous part, actually religion is on it's way out people have started to wake up and see it is just a tool used to control mass populations into a favorable behavior pattern to control them.

Let the meltdowns ensure of the crazy religous nuts :)

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/08/04/california.same.sex.ruling/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1 

check out the comments section :) :)  religious ppl are funny  ;D
TEAM Nasser

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
I didn't vote on prop 8 I don't care much either wa, but still kind of fucked up that a judge can over rule the will of the people.

Azn Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Team Nasser Forum at www.FavorMob.com/hugenasser
I live in CA and don't really care either way, but there just seems to be something wrong with overturning a law that was voted on and won by a majority of people.  I mean why even have elections any more when one person can overturn a law voted on by millions?  I would prefer they put the law up again to vote for the public to decide.

I love living in CA, but as a conservative (I'm not from ca) it's weird that everyone here is so liberal and believes they are in the majority and have this superiority complex (thus the name "progressives") that they are forward thinking people and everyone who doesn't share their beliefs are ignorant.

Then you go to somewhere like San Francisco where guys parade in the street wearing fishnets and thongs and everyone smokes weed freely on every corner. Yeah, that is the "progressive" thinking America I want to live in.

Bottom line is we placed this issue to a vote and the people have spoken. If they want to contest it, put it on a ballot again and vote. That is how things should be done in America.

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
California really has it together.
Now, work on your finances, high taxes, traffic, and goofy liberals...and you'll be all set.

We get it.  You nail your buddy's ass, and want a tax break...BRAVO! ::)
Imagine if they pulled this bullshit back in the 50's.  You'd get a slap in the face and thrown in jail, then laughed at.
People need to quit this pussy mentality and start "keepin it real".
Only in America are people uptight about second hand smoke, but pushing for 2 men to be joined together legally.
Speaking of which, California banned smoking in even bars years back.  What a bunch of fuck ups.
N

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
Any pro gay marriage law will get overturned in the near future when we have Muslim-majority populations in Western nations.

jtsunami - Native Western populations (primarily white Europeans and people of European descent in the US) are actually well below birth replacement rates.  Japan and Israel are looking this in the face right now in regards to their populations. If you are so concerned for the world's population figures, then educate the Third World to stop having broods of children and sending them to be financial burdens on the industrialized nations.

Embracing homosexuality as a social norm, crushing tax rates, free trade, global economy, and liberalism in general have all greatly contributed to declining birth rates of people of contributing societies, all in the name of "progression" and "equal rights."  Meanwhile, the unwashed, uneducated masses of the third world pour through its borders.

This has been seen before.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
The reason Azn Muslce it was over turned is because it was deemed unconstitutional, by the 14th amendment.  So the people voted to put an illegal law on the books, wrong!  Nice try, but the people are not always right.  Conservatives want the best of both worlds, but if you want to live by the constitution, equal rights is part of it, you can't pick and choose.  Gay marriage all the way !!!!!!!!!!  luv it    :D
TEAM Nasser

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
Any pro gay marriage law will get overturned in the near future when we have Muslim-majority populations in Western nations.

jtsunami - Native Western populations (primarily white Europeans and people of European descent in the US) are actually well below birth replacement rates.  Japan and Israel are looking this in the face right now in regards to their populations. If you are so concerned for the world's population figures, then educate the Third World to stop having broods of children and sending them to be financial burdens on the industrialized nations.

Embracing homosexuality as a social norm, crushing tax rates, free trade, global economy, and liberalism in general have all greatly contributed to declining birth rates of people of contributing societies, all in the name of "progression" and "equal rights."  Meanwhile, the unwashed, uneducated masses of the third world pour through its borders.

This has been seen before.

we can do without israel, glad to hear their birthrate is going down, soon superior Arab males will over take them in a glorious day of huge encounters.  Cleansing this earth once and for all.

TEAM Nasser

Azn Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Team Nasser Forum at www.FavorMob.com/hugenasser
The reason Azn Muslce it was over turned is because it was deemed unconstitutional, by the 14th amendment.  So the people voted to put an illegal law on the books, wrong!  Nice try, but the people are not always right.  Conservatives want the best of both worlds, but if you want to live by the constitution, equal rights is part of it, you can't pick and choose.  Gay marriage all the way !!!!!!!!!!  luv it    :D

As I said before I am not for/against gay marriage, I am just not a big fan of government telling me what I can and cannot do.  Like anything else, I just think it should be voted on.  CA had a chance to make gay marriage legal. The bill was given a fair shot, and it was up to the people to decide. Unfortunately for the gay community things didn't go as planned.

The bigger issue here though is not so much gay marriage etc, it is the governments role in our lives.  Why does this judge have the right to rule against the will of a majority?  Why am I penalized if I don't purchase health care?  Why do I have to give my tax payer dollars to wall street bankers for their incompetence?  Why do I have to bail out Detroit Auto Makers that make shitty cars?  The list goes on.

I guess we can agree to disagree friend.       

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
As I said before I am not for/against gay marriage, I am just not a big fan of government telling me what I can and cannot do.  Like anything else, I just think it should be voted on.  CA had a chance to make gay marriage legal. The bill was given a fair shot, and it was up to the people to decide. Unfortunately for the gay community things didn't go as planned.

The bigger issue here though is not so much gay marriage etc, it is the governments role in our lives.  Why does this judge have the right to rule against the will of a majority?  Why am I penalized if I don't purchase health care?  Why do I have to give my tax payer dollars to wall street bankers for their incompetence?  Why do I have to bail out Detroit Auto Makers that make shitty cars?  The list goes on.

I guess we can agree to disagree friend.       
Agreed. I dont know why anyone bothers to argue with Jt, its clear either hes a gimmick, or he just gets off and saying the radical things he says to get a rise.
Bottom line is, the government has been taking rights away more and more, and its like someone else said, while the "civilised people" are trying to be civilised, the rest of the world is is laughing at their "civility" and breeding them out. We dont learn from past mistakes, and were damned to repeat them. Its only a matter of time. Hopefully Ill be dead.

BTW Jt, you should be upset by this, once the 3rd world countries outbreed us, all those "progressives" pushing for your gay rights will be dead and you guys wil start getting stoned and murdered again. lol.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Our founding father would never stand for Gay Marriage.The men who signed the declaration of Indepedence would have never allowed a man and a man, or a woman and a woman to get married.
I beleive people can do what they want, but if a gay person wants to get married, they should make there own form of marriage or union.Why do we have to except it.
If they want t be gay, and be with some one of the same sex, they can that is there right.But our founding fathers and most of the country, would not lik,e this.SO they should move to another country, or create there own form of matromoney.Why can they just make there vows to each other? Why do they need to bring in all this riff raff?The gays shouldnt fight, us, just come up with there own form of marriage, that they recognize.All that matters is that it is recognized by them, not by us right?
This way, they have there own martial bond and we can stay out of there lives

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
I dont understand why the government can change the definition of something that was primarily a religious union.
I dont believe they shouldnt have a form of Union, but marriage, I dont believe in.

More disturbing is the fact that the govenment has just decided, well, we dont like the way you voted, so we are gonna go ahead and change it.
Besides, if CALI of all places voted against gay marriage, 90% of the rest of the states will too. Cali is one of, if not the most liberal and progressive state in the country.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
WHAHOAHOAHOAHAOA YESSS this is great news, we are going to win the battle.  What a glorious day the federal judge makes a great decision about the stupid voter approved ban HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.  Gay marriage will win and will be the law all over USA eventually.  

Celebrate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :D :D :D :D :D

this is what a couple should look like !!

so tsunami, you can tie the knot now.

CC973

• Getbig III
Very sad and disturbing.

This openly homosexual judge can step and stomp on what has already been voted for by the people of California.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
The ruling was made by U.S. District Judge Vaugh Walker, one of three openly gay federal judges in the country.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
The ruling was made by U.S. District Judge Vaugh Walker, one of three openly gay federal judges in the country.

Seems like thats a conflict of interest, how can he be allowed to single handedly overrule something that the voters voted for? Something foul is afoot.  ???