Author Topic: Michelle Obama - this is what you call a "First Lady" ?  (Read 66807 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Michelle Obama - this is what you call a "First Lady" ?
« Reply #325 on: September 04, 2012, 04:21:06 AM »
Mrs. Obama’s 2nd-Term Agenda: ‘Impact Nature of Food in Grocery Stores’
CNSNews ^
Posted on September 4, 2012 6:28:49 AM EDT by Sub-Driver

Mrs. Obama’s 2nd-Term Agenda: ‘Impact Nature of Food in Grocery Stores’ By Elizabeth Harrington September 4, 2012

(CNSNews.com) – Asked by Parade magazine, "What do you hope to accomplish in your second term?” First Lady Michelle Obama said she wants to "impact the nature of food in grocery stores" with the aim of cutting sugar, fat and salt.

“With 'Lets Move!,' our goal is to end the problem of childhood obesity in a generation,” Mrs. Obama said. “And while we’ve seen some very profound cultural shifts, we still have communities that don’t have access to affordable and healthy foods. We still need to find a way to impact the nature of food in grocery stores, in terms of sugar, fat, and salt.”

Mrs. Obama also discussed the challenge of “educating families” on healthy lifestyles in a society where “TV is rampant.”

“[W]e need to keep educating families about how to structure a life that is healthy in a society where TV is rampant and communities don’t have enough resources in terms of sports and activities,” she said.

As CNSNews.com previously reported, Mrs. Obama’s “Lets Move!” campaign has published an online guide called “Supermarket Shopping 101” that provides tips for shoppers on the importance of making a list and how to navigate a grocery store.

“Steer clear of the cookie, snack and soda aisle until after you’ve collected everything on your list--at that point, your cart should be full, which might make you feel less tempted to buy things you don’t need,” the guide states.

(Excerpt) Read more at cnsnews.com ...

How dignified.    Geez.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #326 on: September 04, 2012, 07:56:30 PM »
Panning across that crowd I am going to RACE to the polls.  Jeez. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #327 on: September 04, 2012, 08:02:36 PM »
She loves Barack more now than she did 20 years ago. Of course she does, now he has a lot more money!

I have not seen one straight white male in that entire crowd. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #328 on: September 04, 2012, 08:03:46 PM »
Forced tears.   Sounds desperate and acting. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #329 on: September 04, 2012, 08:04:47 PM »
MO's brother got jungle fever?  A fat whale too.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #330 on: September 04, 2012, 08:26:09 PM »
She seemed desperate to retain power so we can keep financing her vacations, parties, grift, looting, etc.

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
  • Die Weltgeschichte ist das Weltgericht
« Reply #331 on: September 04, 2012, 08:40:56 PM »
Oh, no. It's that imbecile "Rotund" Martin on CNN.

The commentators are talking about how effective MO's speech was in terms of "getting out the vote." But they seem to be missing the "pursuade the undecided or independent or middle" vote. I don't think any of tonight's speakers succeeded in this latter aspect.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #332 on: September 04, 2012, 08:43:57 PM »
Oh, no. It's that imbecile "Rotund" Martin on CNN.

The commentators are talking about how effective MO's speech was in terms of "getting out the vote." But they seem to be missing the "pursuade the undecided or independent or middle" vote. I don't think any of tonight's speakers succeeded in this latter aspect.

Michelle gave the same damn speech as last time.  It's like oh let me tell you who my husband is.   Like we don't know?   LOL!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #334 on: September 05, 2012, 12:29:48 PM »
Heard someone make a good point:  why is she trying to reintroduce Obama when he was already introduced in 2004, 2008, has written two books, and been president for four years? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #335 on: September 05, 2012, 12:32:51 PM »
Heard someone make a good point:  why is she trying to reintroduce Obama when he was already introduced in 2004, 2008, has written two books, and been president for four years? 

Considering he still has not released his BC, college records, baptism, adoption, passport, name change and other docs - one can say we still don't know who the F he is. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #336 on: September 05, 2012, 12:44:11 PM »
I have not seen one straight white male in that entire crowd. 

maybe because your looking for the gay ones,your brain might be telling you something  :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #337 on: September 05, 2012, 02:07:41 PM »
First Lady Michelle Obama’s pitch to voters last night relied on the premise that she and her husband understand what it is to struggle to make ends meet. She spoke movingly about their early years--about how a young Barack Obama drove a car that was “rusted out" and found his furniture “in a dumpster,” how they both came from families that had to “scrape by.” Her fairy tale--however well-delivered--was one great, big, colorful lie.

Both Michelle Robinson and Barack Obama began their adult lives with a leg up on the rest of America. They attended elite schools: Michelle went to Whitney Young, the public magnet school for Chicago’s upper class, while Barack attended Punahou, the private prep school for the top stratum of Hawaiian society. They were accepted to Ivy League schools despite undistinguished credentials, and both attended Harvard Law School.

elieve it or not, when we were first married, our combined monthly student loan bills were actually higher than our mortgage,” Michelle said. That sounds like a raw deal--but in fact reflects their fortunate circumstances. They had both just graduated from a very expensive law school, and their combined income from cushy law firm jobs dwarfed the repayments. Barack also soon enjoyed a second salary from the University of Chicago.

They had expensive tastes, reflected in the $277,500 two-bedroom condo they bought in 1993--a high price even by today’s standards. Several years later, they moved into their $1.65 million mansion in Hyde Park--with the help of fraudster Tony Rezko. Barack often told a story of hardship on the campaign trail in 2008 about having his credit card declined--once. The fact that he thought this counted as real hardship speaks volumes.

As her husband moved onto the national political stage, Michelle Obama began to enjoy a lavish lifestyle at taxpayer expense, directly and indirectly. When Barack Obama was elected to the U.S. Senate, he obtained a $1 million earmark for the University of Chicago Hospital--and his wife’s salary as Vice President for Community Affairs jumped from $121,910 to $316,962. Her job: pushing poor, uninsured patients to other hospitals.

As First Lady, Michelle Obama has lived high on the hog while the rest of the country has suffered through an extraordinary recession. In 2010, she and her entourage decamped to Spain for a lavish vacation. That summer, the Obamas encouraged Americans to visit the Gulf coast after the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, which threatened tourism in the region. They promptly jetted off to Maine for their own summer holiday.

This summer, the Obamas skipped their usual summer trip to the wealthy playground of Martha’s Vineyard--months after Michelle and her daughters had enjoyed an expensive winter skiing trip in Aspen. And, of course, there are the frequent pilgrimages to Hawaii,  Some of their family’s comfort, of course, comes from private income, principally Barack Obama’s book sales--yet even that wealth is a spin-off of Obama’s political career.

If, as the Democrats eagerly pointing out, Mitt Romney enjoyed the privilege of private wealth, the Obamas have enjoyed privilege funded by public money and public life. And until entering the national spotlight, they gave little to charity, contributing instead to a church that preached racial grievance. “[T]ruth matters,” Michelle Obama told the nation last night. That, too, is a lie--because so far, she has evaded it without consequence.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/09/05/Fact-Check-Michelle-Obama-s-False-Fairy-Tale-of-Struggle

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #338 on: September 23, 2012, 06:44:50 PM »
Complaints Mount Against Michelle Obama’s New Lunch Menu
 Townhall.com ^ | September 23, 2012 | Kyle Olsen

Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2012 7:51:11 AM by Kaslin

In Wisconsin, high school athletes are complaining about not getting enough to eat each day, due to the skimpy new school lunch menu mandated by the United States Department of Agriculture and First Lady Michelle Obama.

The story we published earlier this week on that subject is unfortunately not unique. Students across the country are complaining about the new school lunch regulations.

Perhaps the real motive is to starve students into slimming down. Just ask students in Pierre, South Dakota who, too, are in an all-out revolt.

"I know a lot of my friends who are just drinking a jug of milk for their lunch. And they are not getting a proper meal," middle school student Samantha Gortmaker told Keloland.com.

Despite the fact that the new regulations have increased the cost of a lunch 20 to 25 cents per plate, it’s not pleasing students.

Some are throwing away their vegetables while others are adapting to the rules by becoming industrious. In New Bedford, Massachusetts, students have created a black market - for chocolate syrup. The kiddie capitalists are smuggling in bottles of it and selling it by the squeeze, according to SouthCoastToday.com.

Nancy Carvalho, director of food services for New Bedford Public Schools, was quoted as saying that hummus and black bean salads have been tough sells in elementary cafeterias. That means even smaller children are going through the day fighting hunger pains, which can never be considered a good thing.

One government official tried to put the blame on the students.

"One thing I think we need to keep in mind as kids say they're still hungry is that many children aren't used to eating fruits and vegetables at home, much less at school. So it's a change in what they are eating. If they are still hungry, it's that they are not eating all the food that's being offered," USDA Deputy Undersecretary Janey Thornton was quoted as saying.

Ms. Thornton just put her finger on the problem. The government is trying to impose a new diet that children are not accustomed to. It’s not reasonable to expect them to either eat what the government deems healthy or go hungry.

Many will opt to go hungry, and that’s the government’s fault.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #339 on: October 17, 2012, 02:40:45 PM »
Michelle Obama: 'On Nov. 7 We're Going to Party Hard'
 Weekly Standard ^ | Oct. 17, 2012 | DANIEL HALPER

Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2012 3:03:20 PM by COUNTrecount

The Blog Michelle Obama: 'On Nov. 7 We're Going to Party Hard' 2:00 PM, Oct 17, 2012 • By DANIEL HALPER Single Page Print Larger Text Smaller Text Alerts

At a fundraiser today in New York, First Lady Michelle Obama expressed confidence in her husband's chances for reelection. "On Nov. 7 we're going to party hard," she said. Election Day this year is November 6.

From the pool report:

"After hearing my husband talk about his values and his vision at the debate last night, I'm pretty fired up," she said. "Let me tell you, I am so glad last night was such an awesome, awesome event," she said. She mention her recent anniversary on Oct 3, the night of first debate.

"We got a quick little dinner. That's about it," she said. "But it's okay. On Nov. 7 we're going to party hard."

(Excerpt) Read more at weeklystandard.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #340 on: October 17, 2012, 02:46:47 PM »
Sounds good to me. That's a great statement.

She is delusional.  Obama is going down 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #341 on: October 17, 2012, 03:00:52 PM »
You expect her to say that her husband is going to lose?

That's stupid.

I wonder if they lose if she will say she is still proud of her country. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #342 on: October 18, 2012, 02:55:09 AM »
I wonder if they lose if she will say she is still proud of her country. 

If she feels like that you should like her?

You hate this country and its citizens with a passion ???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #343 on: October 23, 2012, 11:33:06 AM »
Letter Shows Michelle Obama Backing Partial-Birth Abortion
 Life News ^ | 10/23/12 | Steven Ertelt

Posted on 10/23/2012 11:11:11 AM PDT

First Lady Michelle Obama has come under criticism before for a fundraising letter she wrote for her husband during his 2004 campaign for the U.S. Senate that has her defending partial-birth abortions.

Today, LifeNews is posting a rarely-seen image (right, click here to enlarge) showing the copy of the actual letter, written to Obama financial supporters, which opposes a ban on the gruesome abortion procedure.

In February 2004, Michelle Obama penned a fundraising letter to help her husband Barack raise funds for his Illinois-based Senate seat. The letter contends the federal ban on partial-birth abortions “is clearly unconstitutional” and “a flawed law.”

Though the three-day-long partial-birth abortion procedure involves the partial birth of a baby during the middle trimester of pregnancy and the jamming of scissors into the back of her head to kill her, Obama’s wife describes it as “legitimate” medicine.

“The fact remains, with no provision to protect the heath of the mother, this ban on a legitimate medical procedure is clearly unconstitutional and must be overturned,” Michelle Obama writes in the letter.

(Excerpt) Read more at lifenews.com ...

Disgraceful 

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #344 on: October 23, 2012, 11:50:10 AM »
Michelle Obama: 'On Nov. 7 We're Going to Party Hard'
 Weekly Standard ^ | Oct. 17, 2012 | DANIEL HALPER

Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2012 3:03:20 PM by COUNTrecount

The Blog Michelle Obama: 'On Nov. 7 We're Going to Party Hard' 2:00 PM, Oct 17, 2012 • By DANIEL HALPER Single Page Print Larger Text Smaller Text Alerts

At a fundraiser today in New York, First Lady Michelle Obama expressed confidence in her husband's chances for reelection. "On Nov. 7 we're going to party hard," she said. Election Day this year is November 6.

From the pool report:

"After hearing my husband talk about his values and his vision at the debate last night, I'm pretty fired up," she said. "Let me tell you, I am so glad last night was such an awesome, awesome event," she said. She mention her recent anniversary on Oct 3, the night of first debate.

"We got a quick little dinner. That's about it," she said. "But it's okay. On Nov. 7 we're going to party hard."

(Excerpt) Read more at weeklystandard.com ...

That's the biggest reason they want to remain in the White House ~ the parties and perks.
:

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #345 on: October 23, 2012, 03:46:50 PM »
Letter Shows Michelle Obama Backing Partial-Birth Abortion
 Life News ^ | 10/23/12 | Steven Ertelt

Posted on 10/23/2012 11:11:11 AM PDT

First Lady Michelle Obama has come under criticism before for a fundraising letter she wrote for her husband during his 2004 campaign for the U.S. Senate that has her defending partial-birth abortions.

Today, LifeNews is posting a rarely-seen image (right, click here to enlarge) showing the copy of the actual letter, written to Obama financial supporters, which opposes a ban on the gruesome abortion procedure.

In February 2004, Michelle Obama penned a fundraising letter to help her husband Barack raise funds for his Illinois-based Senate seat. The letter contends the federal ban on partial-birth abortions “is clearly unconstitutional” and “a flawed law.”

Though the three-day-long partial-birth abortion procedure involves the partial birth of a baby during the middle trimester of pregnancy and the jamming of scissors into the back of her head to kill her, Obama’s wife describes it as “legitimate” medicine.

“The fact remains, with no provision to protect the heath of the mother, this ban on a legitimate medical procedure is clearly unconstitutional and must be overturned,” Michelle Obama writes in the letter.

(Excerpt) Read more at lifenews.com ...

Disgraceful 

smh

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: October 23, 2012, 03:58:29 PM »
That's the biggest reason they want to remain in the White House ~ the parties and perks.

I think you may have this wrong. From everything I've read, the Obamas have been ridiculed for not hosting enough events at the White House.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #347 on: October 30, 2012, 05:31:55 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Michelle Obama: ‘I’ve had 10-year-olds who are on a phone bank’ for Barack
The Daily Caller ^ | 10/30/12 | Nicholas Ballasy
Posted on October 30, 2012, 8:29:45 PM EDT by markomalley

In the battleground state of Iowa, first lady Michelle Obama made a pitch for individuals as young as 10-years-old to help President Barack Obama win re-election.

“Here’s something that I always remind young people, because I’ve met so young people over these four years who said — told me — my parents and grandparents were not going to vote for Barack in 2008 until I talked to them and I told them what this election means for my future, and because of that conversation they voted for him. Now, that’s the power that young people can have,” Michelle Obama said Monday in Iowa City.

“It doesn’t matter how old you are. I’ve had 10-year-olds who are on a phone bank — 14-year-olds. I mean, I’m telling you, there is power because this is your future and you can tell people that they don’t have to wait until November the 6th to cast their ballots.”

The first lady went on to encourage individuals to take advantage of early voting.

“We all know that early voting has started, and there’s some good early voting happening right here in this state. I voted by mail early already, a couple of weeks ago,” she said.

“And I voted for Barack Obama, just in case you were wondering. I really, objectively feel that he’s the best man for the job.”

Lol.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #348 on: October 30, 2012, 05:38:11 PM »

I predict that your return to getbig will be in 2013, when you start hearing headlines of michelle obama punching out a woman at Macy's or throwing a drink on a waiter.

You might delete 100 posts a day, just so you can post 100 times about the grifting mess that is the obamas after they leave office :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: October 30, 2012, 05:45:14 PM »

I predict that your return to getbig will be in 2013, when you start hearing headlines of michelle obama punching out a woman at Macy's or throwing a drink on a waiter.

You might delete 100 posts a day, just so you can post 100 times about the grifting mess that is the obamas after they leave office :)

They will be broke and divorced within three years of leaving office.