Author Topic: Michelle Obama - this is what you call a "First Lady" ?  (Read 67207 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Michelle Obama - "Modern Day Marie Antoinette"
« Reply #225 on: November 30, 2011, 07:24:42 AM »
or maybe she is just eating.,..as humans do.

Most humans eat yes?  But she looks like a caveman in that pic vulturing down a fresh kill. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #226 on: December 08, 2011, 05:48:05 AM »
Special Michelle Hawaii Flight Would Cost Thousands
White House Dossier ^ | December 8, 2011 | Keith Koffler

President Obama’s decision to send Michelle and his daughters to Hawaii ahead of him if he is delayed by a fight with Congress could cost taxpayers tens of thousands of extra dollars to fund two separate vacation flights and related costs. The move would also violate the intent of an executive order he issued just last month urging federal employees to cut back on expenses like travel.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Wednesday that Obama told Senate Democratic leaders during a White House meeting that he would delay his scheduled December 17 departure for Hawaii to keep Congress in town until it extends the payroll tax holiday. Said Reid:

I’ll paraphrase it, but I’m pretty close. He said, ‘Michelle and the girls are going to have a great time in Hawaii. They don’t need me there.’

But sending his family ahead of him could easily cost taxpayers an added $100,000, and possibly much more.

Last year, when Obama was delayed by Congress, Michelle left early for Hawaii, and the cost of her separate flight alone totaled about $63,000. This did not include related security and staff costs or the money for a cargo plane that may trail the first lady’s jet on such a trip.

Obama joined Michelle a few days after she landed in Hawaii, and they extended their vacation past their scheduled return date to make up for the president’s lost vacation time.

Sending Michelle to Hawaii ahead of him this year would provide the first lady a convenience that Obama himself is trying to deny government workers.

In an executive order issued Nov. 9 titled “promoting efficient spending,” which was touted by the White House as a sign of Obama’s commitment to cut the deficit, Obama instructed agencies to try to avoid unnecessary plane trips.

. . . to ensure efficient travel spending, agencies are encouraged to devise strategic alternatives to Government travel, including local or technological alternatives, such as teleconferencing and video conferencing. Agencies should make all appropriate efforts to conduct business and host or sponsor conferences in space controlled by the Federal Government, wherever practicable and cost effective.

Perhaps a nice “strategic alternative” for the first lady would be to cool her heels at the lovely Camp David, just a short chopper ride from the White House.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #227 on: December 08, 2011, 05:53:38 AM »
what did she say and what are the kids eating,that's what the nut jobs want to know ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: December 08, 2011, 05:55:37 AM »
what did she say and what are the kids eating,that's what the nut jobs want to know ;D

She is a disgrace.  She is a looter just like her pofs communist thug husband. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #229 on: December 08, 2011, 06:57:29 AM »
She is a disgrace.  She is a looter just like her pofs communist thug husband. 

lol.. you alright bro....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: December 08, 2011, 07:04:25 AM »
lol.. you alright bro....

I am on firm footing to call obama a communist after his speech in Kansas.   He took off the mask for all to see.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #231 on: December 08, 2011, 08:46:56 AM »
I am on firm footing to call obama a communist after his speech in Kansas.   He took off the mask for all to see.

Oh really?.. Damn thats crazy

Just what the fuck are you blabbering about..

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: December 08, 2011, 08:51:48 AM »
Oh really?.. Damn thats crazy

Just what the fuck are you blabbering about..

"Free market has never worked" 

As opposed to what Mal?   Tell me what this thug is advocating? 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #233 on: December 08, 2011, 08:54:06 AM »

As opposed to what Mal?   Tell me what this thug is advocating? 

What are you advicating. You want a guy that wants to drastically expand a police state. What are you advocating?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: December 08, 2011, 08:54:57 AM »
What are you advicating. You want a guy that wants to drastically expand a police state. What are you advocating?

FAIL 

What is obama advocating? 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #235 on: December 08, 2011, 08:56:00 AM »
FAIL 

What is obama advocating? 

jesus h christs youre like fox news

like i said. 100% free market with no oversight leads us to what happened in 2008

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: December 08, 2011, 08:57:09 AM »
jesus h christs youre like fox news

like i said. 100% free market with no oversight leads us to what happened in 2008

tell me when we had ZERO OVERSIGHT  ? 

my god you are brain dead. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #237 on: December 08, 2011, 08:58:48 AM »
tell me when we had ZERO OVERSIGHT  ? 

my god you are brain dead. 

we didnt catch up the derivatives shit.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: December 08, 2011, 09:00:04 AM »
we didnt catch up the derivatives shit.

Why is that? 

What were the SEC, CFTC, DOJ, FED, NYFED, FINRA, Tres. Department, Banking Department, etc all doing? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: December 08, 2011, 01:59:38 PM »
Obama “Flustered” After Mooch Finds Out He Snuck In BBQ In Kansas: “You Had BBQ? You Didn’t Tell Me

Weasel Zippers ^ | Dec 8, 2011 | Mark Knoller

At WH Holiday Reception last night, a reporter asked Pres Obama how he liked the BBQ from “We B Smokin’ in Osawatomie, Kansas on Tuesday.

“You had BBQ?” a surprised Mrs Obama chimed in. Pres Obama seemed momentarily flustered.

“You didn’t tell me you had BBQ,” said the First Lady.

Pres Obama explained to his wife that reporters were miffed that they didn’t get any BBQ.

Mrs. Obama would have known about the BBQ drop-by if she read the WH press pool reports – or followed certain Twitter sites.

(Excerpt) Read more at weaselzippers.us ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: December 21, 2011, 04:27:36 AM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Michelle Obama's Unsavory School Lunch Flop
Townhall.com ^ | December 21, 2011 | Michelle Malkin
Posted on December 21, 2011 7:11:59 AM EST by Kaslin

The road to gastric hell is paved with first lady Michelle Obama's Nanny State intentions. Don't take my word for it. School kids in Los Angeles have blown the whistle on the east wing chef-in-chief's healthy lunch diktats. Get your Pepto Bismol ready. The taste of government waste is indigestion-inducing.

According to a weekend report by the Los Angeles Times, the city's "trailblazing introduction of healthful school lunches has been a flop." In response to the public hectoring and financial inducement of Mrs. Obama's federally subsidized anti-obesity campaign, the district dropped chicken nuggets, corn dogs and flavored milk from the menu for "beef jambalaya, vegetable curry, pad Thai, lentil and brown rice cutlets, and quinoa and black-eyed pea salads."

Sounds delectable in theory. But in practice, the initiative has been what L.A. Unified's food services director Dennis Barrett plainly concludes is a "disaster." While the Obama administration has showered the nation's second-largest school district with nutrition awards, thousands of students voted with their upset tummies and abandoned the program. A forbidden-food black market -- stoked not just by students, but also by teachers -- is now thriving. Moreover, "(p)rincipals report massive waste, with unopened milk cartons and uneaten entrees being thrown away."

This despite a massive increase in spending on nutritional improvements -- from $2 million to $20 million alone in the last five years on fresh produce.

This despite a nearly half-billion-dollar budget shortfall and 3,000 layoffs earlier this year.

Earlier this spring, L.A. school officials acknowledged that the sprawling district is left with a whopping 21,000 uneaten meals a day, in part because the federal school lunch program "sometimes requires more food to be served than a child wants to eat." The leftovers will now be donated to nonprofit agencies. But after the recipients hear about students' reports of moldy noodles, undercooked meat and hard rice, one wonders how much of the "free" food will go down the hatch -- or down the drain. Ahhh, savor the flavor of one-size-fits-all mandates.

There's nothing wrong with encouraging our children to eat healthier, of course. There's nothing wrong with well-run, locally based and parent-driven efforts. But as I've noted before, the federal foodie cops care much less about students' waistlines than they do about boosting government and public union payrolls.

In a little-noticed announcement several months ago, Obama health officials declared their intention to use school lunch applications to boost government health care rolls. Never mind the privacy concerns of parents.

Big Government programs "for the children" are never about the children. If they were, you wouldn't see Chicago public school officials banning students from bringing home-packed meals made by their own parents. In April, The Chicago Tribune reported that "unless they have a medical excuse, they must eat the food served in the cafeteria." The bottom line? Banning homemade lunches means a fatter payday for the school and its food provider.

Remember: The unwritten mantra driving Mrs. Obama's federal school lunch meddling and expansion is: "Cede the children, feed the state." And the biggest beneficiaries of her efforts over the past three years have been her husband's deep-pocketed pals at the Service Employees International Union. There are 400,000 workers who prepare and serve lunch to American schoolchildren. SEIU represents tens of thousands of those workers and is trying to unionize many more at all costs.

In L.A., the district's cafeteria fund is $20 million in the hole thanks to political finagling by SEIU Local 99. The union's left-wing allies on the school board and in the mayor's office pressured the district to adopt reckless fiscal policies awarding gold-plated health benefits to part-time cafeteria workers in the name of "social justice." As one school board member who opposed the budget-busting entitlements said: "Everyone in this country deserves health benefits. But it was a very expensive proposal. And it wasn't done at the bargaining table, which is where health benefits are usually negotiated. And no one had any idea where the money was going to come from."

Early next year, Mrs. Obama will use the "success" of her child nutrition campaign to hawk a new tome and lobby for more money and power in concert with her husband's re-election campaign. It's a recipe for more half-baked progressivism served with a side order of bitter arugula.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #241 on: December 21, 2011, 06:09:07 AM »
Obama “Flustered” After Mooch Finds Out He Snuck In BBQ In Kansas: “You Had BBQ? You Didn’t Tell Me

Weasel Zippers ^ | Dec 8, 2011 | Mark Knoller

At WH Holiday Reception last night, a reporter asked Pres Obama how he liked the BBQ from “We B Smokin’ in Osawatomie, Kansas on Tuesday.

“You had BBQ?” a surprised Mrs Obama chimed in. Pres Obama seemed momentarily flustered.

“You didn’t tell me you had BBQ,” said the First Lady.

Pres Obama explained to his wife that reporters were miffed that they didn’t get any BBQ.

Mrs. Obama would have known about the BBQ drop-by if she read the WH press pool reports – or followed certain Twitter sites.

(Excerpt) Read more at weaselzippers.us ...

hard hitting shit right here...

This kind of serious shit does wonders for your objectivity and credibility

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: December 23, 2011, 07:07:33 AM »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/12/23/barack_has_no_pet_peeves_of_first_lady_michelle_my_list_is_too_long.html

Barbara Walters, ABC News: "What is your biggest peeve of each other?"

President Obama: "I don't have one."

Walters: "Aww."

Michelle Obama: "My list is too long."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #243 on: December 23, 2011, 07:12:55 AM »
Michelle Obama: "Practical" To Put Myself Highest On My Priority List

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/12/23/michelle_obama_practical_to_put_myself_higher_on_my_priority_list.html

First lady Michelle Obama tells Barbara Walters in a 20/20 special that it is "practical" for her to put her self highest on her priority list.

Obama says she found her self slipping "pretty low" on her own priority list because she was "so busy caring for everyone else."

Michelle Obama says she spends time with girlfriends and going out in her attempt to put herself higher on her priority list. Transcript below.

Barbara Walters, ABC News: "Mrs. Obama, you've recently said something that I thought was very interesting for other women to hear. You said 'you put your own self highest on your priority list.' That sounds selfish?"

Michelle Obama: "No, no, it's practical. It's something that I found I needed to do for quite some time, even before the presidency. And I found it other women, in similar situated balancing career family, trying to do it all and a lot of times we just slip pretty low on our own priority list because we're so busy caring for everyone else. And one of the things that I want to model for my girls is investing in themselves as much as they invest in others

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #244 on: December 23, 2011, 11:30:37 AM »
Friday, Dec 23 2011 9PM  4°C 12AM 3°C 5-Day Forecast

Is Michelle Obama's spending 'spiralling out of control'? First Lady 'insisted on $4m trip to Hawaii when her husband wanted local vacation'

•Barack Obama 'wanted trip to Camp David, Maryland'
•But his wife 'didn't want to disappoint their daughters'
•'Had a pre-holiday shopping spree': National Enquirer
•President flying separately on Friday afternoon

By Mark Duell

Last updated at 4:40 PM on 23rd December 2011

Comments (216) Share ..

Michelle Obama insisted on a pricey holiday to Hawaii when her husband would have rather gone to a presidential retreat, according to reports.

She allegedly wanted the taxpayer-funded $4million trip when Barack Obama sought instead to make the short trip to Camp David in Maryland.

Political sources told the National Enquirer that the 47-year-old’s spending is rocketing and she even went on a shopping spree before the Hawaii trip.

Disagreement? Michelle Obama, left, reportedly wanted the $4million Hawaii trip when Barack Obama sought instead to go to Camp David in Maryland

‘The President’s advisers have told him that Michelle’s spending has spiralled “completely out of control”,’ one source told the National Enquirer.

‘Barack read his wife the riot act, but his words fell on deaf ears. Michelle said there was “no way” she was going to disappoint her daughters.’

More...When the wife's away... Obama goes Christmas shopping at PetSmart and Best Buy (with only dog Bo for company)'Michelle Obama has a large posterior': Congressman (with a fondness for Cheetos) launches extraordinary attack on First Lady in airport cell phone rantWas Bo flown back from Hawaii to Washington for Obama photo op? Mystery over dog 'spotted on holiday with First Family'

The First Family has already attracted criticism as their annual vacation in Hawaii this year is likely to be their most expensive ever.

The President will travel separately from his family this time because he wanted resolve the payroll tax cut issue before leaving Washington D.C.

Holiday: Security keep watch behind a house overlooking the beach at Kailua Bay not far from where Mrs Obama and her daughters are staying in Kailua, Hawaii

First Family: President Barack Obama, Mrs Obama, left, and daughters Malia , right, and Sasha, second left, are pictured this month in Washington D.C.

He will fly Friday afternoon on his own Air Force One flight with Bo, after he was seen buying Christmas presents on Wednesday at PetSmart and Best Buy in Alexandria, Virginia.

'The President’s advisers have told him that Michelle’s spending has spiralled "completely out of control"'

National Enquirer source

Mrs Obama took Malia and Sasha to MA'O Organic Farms in Hawaii for pizza earlier this week where they were joined by healthy eating advisors.

Mr Obama himself was seen buying pizzas from the Del Ray Pizzeria back in Alexandria as he spends time at home without his family.

Mrs Obama took the children last weekend in a flight that cost an extra $100,000 - and her husband’s round-trip journey will be $3,271,611.

Presents: President Obama shopped for Christmas gifts for his family, who have already flown to Hawaii, at Best Buy on Wednesday in Alexandria, Virginia

The bill for the trip went up last week when Mrs Obama decided to take Sasha and Malia herself while her husband tries to save the U.S. economy.

'Barack read his wife the riot act, but his words fell on deaf ears. Michelle said there was "no way" she was going to disappoint her daughters'

National Enquirer source

His flight was estimated by the Hawaii Reporter as the largest expense of the holiday trip, which will cost more than $4million in total.

But his family is covering the cost of a private beach front residence in Kailua, Oahu, which costs up to $3,500 a day, or $75,000 a month.

It is not yet known exactly when President Obama will fly out to Hawaii, with the death of North Korea's leader Kim Jong-Il likely delaying his trip further.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: December 24, 2011, 04:28:07 PM »
Michelle Obama: Misconception That I am "trapped" at WH .. I Get To Travel The World (video)
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/12/24/michelle_obama_not_confined_or_trapped_at_wh_i_get ^ | December 24, 2011 | RealClearPolitics
Posted on December 24, 2011 10:55:14 AM EST by i88schwartz

First lady Michelle Obama tells ABC's Barbara Walters that the biggest misconception about her is that she is "confined or trapped" at the White House.

"That couldn't be further from the truth," Mrs. Obama said.

Obama said that she's been able to take on issues that are important to her as well as "travel to see the world." The first lady says she has been "very blessed in this role." Transcript below.

Barbara Walters, "20/20" on ABC News: "What is the biggest misconception about you?"

Michelle Obama: "Someone asked me a question about whether I feel confined or trapped in some way. That couldn't be further from the truth. I couldn't do what Barack does. But I think what I've been able to do; raise my kids, take on issues that matter deeply to me, to travel to see the world. I feel very blessed in this role."

(Excerpt) Read more at realclearpolitics.com ...

Have fun for a few more months moochelle, soon it's going to be on your dime. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: December 25, 2011, 05:49:46 AM »
First lady asked Santa to help get Obama to Hawaii (Christmas barf alert)
Atlanta Journal Constitution / AP ^ | December 24, 2011 | Julie Pace
Posted on December 25, 2011 1:40:14 AM EST by Zakeet

Michelle Obama was looking for help from more than just House Republicans so her husband could make it to Hawaii in time for Christmas.

"We were all praying and praying, and asking Santa, and the tooth fairy, and every fairy they could think of," the first lady said Saturday. She said their children prayed as well that the president "would be able to be with us."

President Barack Obama eventually made it to Hawaii, about a week late, and only after Congress resolved its stalemate over extending expiring payroll tax cuts.

With the tense tax standoff behind him, the president has eased into vacation mode since arriving on the island of Oahu Friday night, spending a low-key Christmas Eve out of the spotlight.

Obama skipped his normal early morning gym workout Saturday, opting to spend time at the multimillion-dollar vacation home his family rents in the Kailua Beach area, near Honolulu. He headed to the golf course later in the day.

(Excerpt) Read more at ajc.com ...

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #247 on: December 28, 2011, 08:26:11 AM »
this thread, along with the famous 'birther' one, are my two favorite threads here.
having nothing really to complain about the prez, one has to resort to the family.
obama derangement syndrome....shades of the bush version.  priceless fun. ;)
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: December 28, 2011, 08:27:42 AM »
this thread, along with the famous 'birther' one, are my two favorite threads here.
having nothing really to complain about the prez, one has to resort to the family.
obama derangement syndrome....shades of the bush version.  priceless fun. ;)

False - there is plenty of things to attack obama on, in addition to his fleecing the taxpayer to live like a king. 

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #249 on: January 01, 2012, 04:55:09 PM »
False - there is plenty of things to attack obama on, in addition to his fleecing the taxpayer to live like a king.  
What do you care?

You obviously have no personal income or assets, and hence cannot be taxed.

You should have to work in a field picking cotton since you contribute nothing to society but suck up resources.
G