Author Topic: Michelle Obama - this is what you call a "First Lady" ?  (Read 66991 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Michelle Obama - this is what you call a "First Lady" ?
« Reply #350 on: October 30, 2012, 06:33:02 PM »

They will be broke and divorced within three years of leaving office. 

Back to posting stupid shit, I see. Personally I liked you better last night when the lights went out. LOL!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #351 on: October 30, 2012, 06:35:45 PM »
Back to posting stupid shit, I see. Personally I liked you better last night when the lights went out. LOL!

I'm in the dark w only my arsenal Booze iPhone and hate radio now.     Cooking on my Colman grill as it is. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #352 on: October 30, 2012, 07:43:17 PM »

I'm in the dark w only my arsenal Booze iPhone and hate radio now.     Cooking on my Colman grill as it is. 

Well then, that's more like it....your human again. Are things as bad as the news makes them out to be? From the news clips, it appears as if much of New York in underwater.

I can't post for long because I am phone banking for a couple of Oregon candidates tonight. Brad Avakian for Labor Commissioner and Kate Brown for Secretary of State. A little while ago, Kurt Schrader showed up to root us on. I'll be out canvassing to get out the vote over the weekend. It is amazing and sad how many folks don't bother to vote. I tell them to be sure an vote regardless of who they are supporting. You will be voting, right? Oregon has mail in ballots. My wife and I voted on October 19th the same day the ballots arrived in the mail.

Take care and don't over do the Vodka, K?

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #353 on: October 30, 2012, 10:17:08 PM »
Skip to comments.

Michelle’s “Excellent Adventure”: Another sign Obama doesn’t really want to be President
Pajamas Media ^ | August 6, 2010 | Roger L Simon

Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2010 2:44:54 PM by 2ndDivisionVet

-------------------------------------------\\

Several weeks ago I wrote I thought Barack Obama didn’t really want to be president. The post generated a fair amount of discussion, pro and con.

Michelle’s $375,000 Spanish vacation — with the Daily Mail dubbing her a “modern-day Marie Antoinette” — is further proof of my thesis. What man who wanted to be re-elected (or see his party do well in November) would let his wife go off on such an “excellent adventure” in these economic times? Of course no one denies the right of people to have vacations – I’m coming to the end of one myself on my beloved Bainbridge Island — but closing Mediterranean beaches while booking 60-plus rooms in a five star Marbella hotel for her entourage? It is beyond tone deaf, perhaps to the level of subconscious (or even deliberate) self-sabotage.

At the very least, something most peculiar is going on. The first lady goes off on a jaunt worthy of 18th Century aristocracy at the very moment of her husband’s birthday. Is somebody trying to tell us something? Is somebody trying to tell her spouse something? Or vice-versa? Who knows? You won’t find out in the mainstream media — that’s for sure. They don’t even bother to check Obama’s college records. Perhaps the National Enquirer is on the case. They may be the only hope.

If I were still a member of the Democratic Party, I would be most concerned. What is going on in the White House seems to be so disconnected from the reality of our country — with some indicating real unemployment at a staggering 22% — as to be teetering on the brink of a pyschological disorder. And in this case that disorder would be a folie a deux of some sort because Barack and Michelle appear to be colluding in it in some way, whatever the state of their relationship. And that disconnect — between them and the American people — is growing.

Why is this happening?

Dr. Sam Vaknin, author of Malignant Self Love, a book on narcissism, writes the following in response to a question of the narcissist’s inappropriate affect:

Question:

Why is there no connection between the behaviour of the narcissist and his emotions?

Answer:

A better way of putting it would be that there is a weak correlation between the narcissist’s behaviour and his professed or proclaimed emotions. The reason is that his emotions are merely professed or proclaimed – but not felt. The narcissist fakes feelings and their outer expression in order to impress others, to gain their sympathy or to motivate them to act in a manner benefiting the narcissist and promoting his interests.

In this — as in many other simulated behaviour patterns — the narcissist seeks to manipulate his human environment. Inside, he is barren, devoid of any inkling of true feeling, and disdainful of emotions and emotional people. He looks down upon those who succumb to the weakness of sentiment and holds them in contempt. He berates and debases them.

This is the heartless mechanism of “simulated affect”. It lies at the core of the narcissist’s inability to empathise with his fellow human beings.

To what extent does this explain this increasingly disconnected behavior of Michelle and Barack Obama? At first glance, quite a bit. But maybe it’s simpler. Maybe Michelle and Barack just assume the president is not going to be re-elected, so why bother to keep up pretenses?

________________-

Spot on.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #355 on: January 21, 2013, 10:02:58 PM »
That's the biggest reason they want to remain in the White House ~ the parties and perks.
You must know them pretty well.

How often do you hang out?

G

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #356 on: February 03, 2013, 04:21:28 PM »

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #357 on: February 03, 2013, 04:25:07 PM »
You must know them pretty well.

How often do you hang out?

What non-sequitur logic. Since you're defending them, we could just as easily ask the same question of you.
So, how often do you "hang" with the First Family?

Oh, that's right; you're in Time Out.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #358 on: February 03, 2013, 04:38:09 PM »

She is delusional.  Obama is going down 

LOL

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #359 on: February 25, 2013, 08:26:19 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/24/michelle-obama-oscars-appearance-best-picture_n_2756837.html

Thank god i did not waste 2 seconds watching that idiocy on display. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #361 on: February 25, 2013, 08:32:08 AM »
LANDSLIDE COMING

I was wrong - the gullible sheep like yourself are much dumber and brain dead than even i ever imagined to re-elect O-SHIT

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #362 on: February 25, 2013, 02:28:49 PM »
I was wrong - the gullible sheep like yourself are much dumber and brain dead than even i ever imagined to re-elect O-SHIT

No.  The moderates and independents - you know.. the ones that actually decide elections - are much smarter than to allow the GOP to win after the piss poor primary candidates they fielded.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #363 on: February 25, 2013, 02:32:30 PM »
No.  The moderates and independents - you know.. the ones that actually decide elections - are much smarter than to allow the GOP to win after the piss poor primary candidates they fielded.

And that is working out how? 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #364 on: February 25, 2013, 02:39:37 PM »

Why is it relevant whether the First Lady appears on the Oscars or not? Personally, I am neutral about this. It neither bolsters her nor makes her look bad. I think some folks are just searching for something to be judgmental about. Perhaps Jacqueline Kennedy-Onassis would not have appeared on a network television show of this type, but we don't live in the 1960's anymore either. And some folks think I am out of touch!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #365 on: February 25, 2013, 03:23:24 PM »

It kept a brain dead bimbo from becoming VP in 2008 and in 2012 it kept a Mormon and a Moron who couldn't even explain their own "plan" (if they had one) from getting in too.  Overall, I would say it has worked out pretty good.

Run a decent candidate and you might see your party win.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #366 on: February 25, 2013, 05:18:27 PM »
It kept a brain dead bimbo from becoming VP in 2008 and in 2012 it kept a Mormon and a Moron who couldn't even explain their own "plan" (if they had one) from getting in too.  Overall, I would say it has worked out pretty good.

Run a decent candidate and you might see your party win.

Biden is way better.   Lol.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #367 on: February 26, 2013, 05:25:01 AM »
Biden is way better.   Lol.

Majority of the country thought so.  Twice.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #368 on: February 26, 2013, 05:33:02 AM »
Majority of the country thought so.  Twice.

So - the majority of people often times make foolish decisions on things. 

FYI Cameron told Obama to leave Sasquatch home during the G-8.  LOL. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #369 on: February 26, 2013, 06:58:58 AM »
Seeing how you thought a LANDSLIDE was coming, you certainly do present a case for  believing the majority of people will make a foolish decision and that you will go along with it as well.

Good thing it was all fantasy and never had a chance of coming true.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #370 on: February 26, 2013, 07:02:54 AM »
Seeing how you thought a LANDSLIDE was coming, you certainly do present a case for  believing the majority of people will make a foolish decision and that you will go along with it as well.

Good thing it was all fantasy and never had a chance of coming true.

Majority voted for w in 2004 remember?  Libs thought the same thing

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #371 on: February 26, 2013, 07:09:01 AM »
Majority voted for w in 2004 remember?  Libs thought the same thing

And your point would be WHAT again?   Or did you simply overlook that little fact before launching into your predictable tirade and getting slapped by hypocrisy?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #372 on: February 26, 2013, 08:06:34 AM »
Bread and Circuses: Economic growth is anemic, but at least we have a cool first couple.
 National Review ^ | 02/26/2013 | Mona Charen

Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:34:48 AM

People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses — Juvenal

Isn’t it grand that we have such a cool couple in the White House? Hollywood would never have deigned to invite any other first lady to present the award for best picture at its annual self-worshipping soporific. Mrs. Obama knew just how to flatter the nearly inexhaustible vanity of people who sell tickets to shows.

“I am so honored to . . . help celebrate the movies that lift our spirits, broaden our minds, and transport us to places that we have never imagined. . . . They made us laugh, they made us weep, and they made us grip our armrests just a little tighter. They taught us that love can endure against all odds and transform our lives in the most surprising ways and reminded us that we overcome any obstacle if we dig deep enough and fight hard enough and find the courage to believe in ourselves. These lessons apply to all of us no matter who we are, or what we look like, or where we come from, or who we love but they are especially important for our young people. . . . I want to thank you here tonight for being part of that vitally important work.” Oh, sorry, did I doze off?
The top grossing films of 2012 were The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, The Hunger Games, and Skyfall. Also among the top ten were Ted and The Twilight Saga, Part 2. But the grandees at the ceremony are an unreflective lot and no doubt relished every last syllable of Mrs. Obama’s oleaginous salute.

Mrs. Obama has been all over pop culture. Her Oscar outing followed hard on the heels of a mean “mom dance” on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Her husband, meanwhile, has been golfing with Tiger Woods. Some members of what used to be (long ago, boys and girls, when non-cool presidents were in office) the adversarial press corps, joined forces to chant a question at the returning President Obama after his golf outing. They had lodged complaints with the press secretary about lack of access, apparently crestfallen that the White House refused to permit pictures of Obama and Woods on the course. Their shouted question wasn’t about the sequester, or Benghazi, or Syria, or Hagel; no, the pressies chanted in unison (Occupy-style) “Did you beat Tiger?” Their crush on Dear Leader is undiminished.

The president makes himself available to friendly questions from the press — see the latest 60 Minutes interview — and is always available to chat about his basketball final-four picks or what’s on his iPod. In short, both he and his wife have mastered the art of being celebrities-in-chief. The man who wrote two autobiographies before he was 45 (earning a tidy fortune in the process) is a genius at marketing himself. Together, the Obamas provide “circuses” aplenty for the masses. As for bread, that’s another matter.

The last quarter of 2012 showed not the anemic growth rates we’ve been accustomed to in the Obama years, but negative growth. The federal behemoth’s weight tramples the private sector. Gas prices are heading toward $4 per gallon. Still, Mr. Obama’s priority is clear: Above all, we must raise taxes (he calls it closing loopholes) on the rich . . . again. To its credit, the New York Times was honest about it. “To reduce the deficit in a weak economy,” the liberal godfather editorialized, “new taxes on high-income Americans are a matter of necessity and fairness; they are also a necessary precondition to what in time will have to be tax increases on the middle class.”

The Times was also honest enough to report that the Obama administration represents a “bread” threat in another way as well: “Health insurance companies across the country are seeking and winning double-digit increases in premiums for some customers, even though one of the biggest objectives of the Obama administration’s health care law was to stem the rapid rise in insurance costs for consumers.”

When Americans were under fire in Benghazi and pleading for help, we’ve finally learned, the president did not make a single phone call. After learning of the attack, he failed to follow up with his defense secretary, secretary of state, or chairman of the joint chiefs of staff. The following day, he left for a fundraiser in Las Vegas.

But it sure is great that he’s so cool. And didn’t Mrs. Obama look lovely in her shimmering, silver designer gown?

— Mona Charen is a nationally syndicated columnist. © 2013 Creators Syndicate, Inc.   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #373 on: February 26, 2013, 11:08:30 AM »

She is delusional.  Obama is going down 

LANDSLIDE COMING????

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #374 on: February 26, 2013, 11:10:30 AM »
LANDSLIDE COMING????

I was wrong - so?  I underestimated the gullibility of the general public.