Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
March 01, 2015, 04:21:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mature thread  (Read 469810 times)
The Scott
Getbig IV

Give us this day, our daily oyster...

« Reply #6625 on: February 24, 2015, 09:10:16 PM »

It is fantastic to read both the routines and the care and wisdom that goes into not only those posts but also the ones directed toward the lives of those here we call friends.

Today was pretty good for me.  Back was a warm up followed by 15 reps on palms in pull ups (failure).  Next up DB pull overs to failure 15 reps followed by another set of palms in pull ups to failure at 5 pathetic reps! 

Smith Machine bent over rows.  First set was a warm up at 15 smooth reps. The working set was with a little more weight to failure at 6 reps but prior to it I did another set of DB  pullovers to failure at 10 reps. 

Next a single set to failure of lat pull downs and then two sets of DB shrugs both to failure at 12 and 8 reps respectively followed by a set of stiff leg dead lifts on the Smith Machine.

Chest started with Machine flyes to failure followed immediately by incline Smith Machine bench press.  I set the angle on the bench to 30 degrees instead of 45 and felt so much better with very little shoulder pain!  I then did a heaver set sans the pre-exhaustion set and failed at 8 reps.  Rest and a final 4 reps with more weight done I rest/pause fashion.

Back to the flye machine and I failed at 6 reps and then immediately did a single set of machine bench presses to failure at 10 reps. 

Three sets of machine sit ups (one warm up and two working sets - Hey!  I am FLUFFY around the middle).

Done. 

Keep up the excellent work, gentlemen.  Believe me when I say it is truth that you are all inspirational to  me.
Report to moderator   Logged
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #6626 on: February 25, 2015, 04:16:47 AM »

It is fantastic to read both the routines and the care and wisdom that goes into not only those posts but also the ones directed toward the lives of those here we call friends.

Today was pretty good for me.  Back was a warm up followed by 15 reps on palms in pull ups (failure).  Next up DB pull overs to failure 15 reps followed by another set of palms in pull ups to failure at 5 pathetic reps! 

Smith Machine bent over rows.  First set was a warm up at 15 smooth reps. The working set was with a little more weight to failure at 6 reps but prior to it I did another set of DB  pullovers to failure at 10 reps. 

Next a single set to failure of lat pull downs and then two sets of DB shrugs both to failure at 12 and 8 reps respectively followed by a set of stiff leg dead lifts on the Smith Machine.

Chest started with Machine flyes to failure followed immediately by incline Smith Machine bench press.  I set the angle on the bench to 30 degrees instead of 45 and felt so much better with very little shoulder pain!  I then did a heaver set sans the pre-exhaustion set and failed at 8 reps.  Rest and a final 4 reps with more weight done I rest/pause fashion.

Back to the flye machine and I failed at 6 reps and then immediately did a single set of machine bench presses to failure at 10 reps. 

Three sets of machine sit ups (one warm up and two working sets - Hey!  I am FLUFFY around the middle).

Done. 

Keep up the excellent work, gentlemen.  Believe me when I say it is truth that you are all inspirational to  me.
some great posts Guys. Today is sunny and a fresh wind blowing. I will go for a long walk later feeling a bit better.
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #6627 on: February 25, 2015, 06:53:48 AM »

Just an observation that really isn't a revelation to any one who has some training time. All the cardio I have been doing has made my thighs really thin. I think I'm eating up muscle.  Time to get back to the squat racks.
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #6628 on: February 25, 2015, 07:53:16 AM »

Just an observation that really isn't a revelation to any one who has some training time. All the cardio I have been doing has made my thighs really thin. I think I'm eating up muscle.  Time to get back to the squat racks.
yeah.. gotta keep up the squats .. and eat enough.
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #6629 on: February 25, 2015, 08:18:11 AM »

yeah.. gotta keep up the squats .. and eat enough.
X2,,,

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #6630 on: February 25, 2015, 08:20:07 AM »

X2,,,
... and join Steve for a Quadzilla session.. double your quad size instantly Grin feel much better today will hit the weights tomorrow.
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #6631 on: February 25, 2015, 08:21:02 AM »

... and join Steve for a Quadzilla session.. double your quad size instantly Grin feel much better today will hit the weights tomorrow.
Grin,,, Cool,,,

$
Primemuscle
Getbig V

Be honest...

« Reply #6632 on: February 25, 2015, 07:37:09 PM »

I had the most amazing hamburger for lunch today. It was cooked rare, just like I like it. The stack was the hamburger patty, cheese, tomato, a deep fried onion ring, some pickles and loads of barbecue sauce. I had to cut it into quarters to eat it since, surprisingly, my mouth is not big enough to bite into such an enormous mound of goodness.

Lunch was at 3:00 p.m. since I'd spent most of the morning and early afternoon at the hospital with my wife. I'm going to eat a late and very lite supper tonight to make up for all those lunchtime calories. I've gained back about 6 lbs. of weight in the last couple of weeks. It's time for me to start watching what I eat and exercising more.
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #6633 on: February 25, 2015, 09:10:19 PM »

back

3 sets wide grip chins and 2 inner grip
tbar row chest to pad 2 plates/2 and change/2 plates and 25
cable single handle rows x3
wide bar lower rows cable x3
standing rope pulls to waist x3

weighted hypers x3

bi's
straight bar curls x3..65/85/95
inc db curls 30/35/35
close grip curls premade bar 70 x3 bottom position to midpoint
2 sets hammer curls across instead usual up/down hammer

abs

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #6634 on: February 26, 2015, 08:29:48 AM »

Today i started a weight workout again. I did shoulders at home.

I warmed up with jumping rope and did some push ups with feet raised.

Did a tri-set with DBs
front raises, side raises,rear delt raises 4 sets each ex
Seated DB press using back rest with a Hammer grip 4 sets
DB upright rows 4 sets

Lying knee-ins on floor 2x30-50. gives me a similar effect to rev crunches. rolling knees towards chest.
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #6635 on: February 26, 2015, 09:31:17 PM »

delts

fr press x4
side lateral drops x3 30/25/15...sick pump
premade bar uprights with curl bar 70.80.90
rear seated delt raise x4 25/25/30/30
cable behind back raise x2

shrugs 225-295 x3
rear 275/275

forarms
reverse wrist curls 'bar behind back'
reverse grip curls
cable overhand wrist curl

calves
standing calf raise 140x12/160x15  200 x15,220x15,220x15

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #6636 on: February 28, 2015, 06:24:37 AM »

Arms + calfs

close grip chin ups 3xmax
Incline DB curls 3 sets
Machine curls 3 sets

tricep machine 3 sets
One arm DB extensions across body 3sets
One arm reverse grip pulley pushdown 3sets

Seated calf raises 5 sets  Cardio: 30 mins Crosser
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #6637 on: February 28, 2015, 06:30:56 AM »

These are said to help boost your Bench press hitting the Medial and lateral heads more than the long head...Medial and lateral are supposed to be what´s used more on benching. I just threw them in for variety as my long head was hit well with other exercises. Enough BLAH BLAH... a good and rarely seen exercise.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OolOsyzzyZ4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OolOsyzzyZ4</a>
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #6638 on: February 28, 2015, 07:40:56 AM »

These are said to help boost your Bench press hitting the Medial and lateral heads more than the long head...Medial and lateral are supposed to be what´s used more on benching. I just threw them in for variety as my long head was hit well with other exercises. Enough BLAH BLAH... a good and rarely seen exercise.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OolOsyzzyZ4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OolOsyzzyZ4</a>
i like those,,need to do them again,i do the reg version hammer grip straight down to sides head then extend,,,your always trying to mix it up...

$
Donny
Competitors II
Getbig V

« Reply #6639 on: February 28, 2015, 08:08:58 AM »

A lot of Variations out there Steve as you know... yeah you gotta keep stimulating your mind too  Grin Mix and Match...
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #6640 on: February 28, 2015, 06:25:39 PM »

I know I don't keep up on this thread. I trained back and chest today.

Chins 2 x max
Low cable row with a V handle 2 x 12
Dumbbell lat row with knee on bench 2 x 10
reverse grip cable pull down 2 x 10

Dumbbell flat bench 2 x 8 (I go as low as possible. It limits the weight but I care about hitting the muscle and not the ego)
Incline dumbbell bench 2 x 8
Flat dumbbell flies 2 x 10
Push ups 2 x max

Deadlifts 2 x 4 then 1 x 1
Weighted hyper extension 2 x 12
Weighted flat crunches 1 x 55

I was spent afterwards. For decades I always had a protein shake after my workouts and it feels strange that I don't do it now.  I gave up all supplements. The one big difference is that my stomach feels great. Taking creatine, whey protein, and all those vitamin pills really played a number on my stomach that I just accepted as normal. When I gave up supplements I can't believe how much better I felt. I still have in the back of my mind I would make better gains with a protein shake and creatine but torn if it's just psychological.
DroppingPlates
Getbig V

Where are my brave brothers and sisters?

« Reply #6641 on: February 28, 2015, 07:35:46 PM »

Greetings all!

My delt training this afternoon,

10 giant sets: seated DB front, side and standing rear raises, every rep with an emphasis on the contraction
1 30-rep drop down set: seated DB press
Game, set & toasted!
chaos
Getbig V

Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan

« Reply #6642 on: February 28, 2015, 08:30:40 PM »

I do a two handed version to the center on the chest that gets a nice burn going.

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!